Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,561 to 57,580 of 96,490

WoomyNNYes

2023!?😠 How about staying off the drugs for 2022, @Snatcher! haha<3 (chuckling as I'm typing)

@Tasuki Yeah, man. Betty White did a lot! Speaking of previous gen comedic actresses, I loved Cloris Leachman in Young Frankenstein as Frau Blucher. (terrified horses whinny in the background) I was going to post a youtube clip, but the youtube clips all have terrible edits.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@TheJGG @WoomyNNYes I looked at my post, I did not just say 2023, LMAO, that is so, My god, yall where trying to tell me LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

Wasn't sure of which new profile pic I should go with, so I put up my Mario Party one. I did get a screenshot of Mario getting first on Peach's Birthday Cake, and I thought that'd be perfect as my profile pic once my birthday comes this month!

@Sunsy That's cool, I've heard of Asphalt but I haven't played it. Though, I did play a ton of racing games besides Mario Kart and F-Zero (namely stuff like San Francisco Rush, Daytona USA, Gran Turismo, etc.) Loved racing games when I was a kid too, race cars were one of my favorite things back in my younger days.

@X-Slayer Thanks! I actually played it last night after ACNH's New Year event (mainly to get screenshots for my Twitter post). Yeah, PM1 does start out quite easy, but that doesn't really hinder my enjoyment of the game.

@Tasuki Ah yeah, I heard about that...that's so sad. Rest in peace, Betty White.

@Snatcher It's ok. I knew you meant 2022 anyway.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@MarioLover92 I absolutely loved your previous pfp, where did you get it from? I might use the image as my wallpaper.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Still going to stick with mine. In my home, it's tradition to keep up decorations until January 10th. Though after the tree is down, I'm still going to keep the train set around it out. Didn't have batteries to let it run, so hoping to play with it as my cat loves watching it. As silly as that sounds. Will still stick with Poppy as she is my favorite character.

Yeah, Asphalt 9 is the mobile racing game that got a Switch port. I prefer it on Switch as it plays with more traditional controls, has Joy-Con steering wheel support, and free online racing (no NSO sub required), and offline single player with local multiplayer (something the mobile version lacks). It's free-to-play with microtransactions, however the Switch version has some DLC packs that make it more like a traditional game when bought, though cars can be unlocked by just playing for free.

Cool. Nice to see someone else who played Daytona USA. Played it at a Bowling Alley, and I have the Dreamcast version of the game, which some call Daytona USA 2001, but the US release was just called Daytona USA.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Blooper987

Just streamed for the first time ever. Three hours long and 17 views, I'll count that as a win

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Anti-Matter

Just curious, have you ever like games by the gameplay or environments, not by character design ? (not a fan of character design but enjoy the gameplay)

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Zuljaras Hey thanks for showing me! I am in the middle of the video right now since it is quite long. lol

@X-Slayer Ah yeah that's good, I like games that are around easy/normal difficulty as well. I can handle some hard games (Lost Levels in Super Mario All-Stars being one of them, since the game can be saved on any level), but definitely not all of them. I stopped playing Mega Man & Bass because of how seemingly unfair that game is at times, for example. Especially in one of the final levels.

@Fizza I first saw it on one of Nintendo's social media pages, and I downloaded it from Mario Wiki. There's a gallery for each character/game/etc., that's how I got it.

@Sunsy That's cool. Yeah, I think I'll have my Christmas decorations up for a little while longer, until it gets closer to my birthday. I kinda like having them out anyway. We have a train set around our tree, too!

Oh that sounds cool, I might give it a shot at some point since it is free to play. I first heard about Daytona USA from watching my uncle play it on his Sega Saturn way back in the day. I got my copy from the PS3 store last year...though I would've preferred a Switch version. Come on, Sega...

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter You may not play mobile games, but I tend to play a few character themed ones. With that said, Minion Rush. I'm not big on Minions (the characters from Despicable Me), but I love playing the game itself. Fun endless runner, and I like the way the courses look.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, usually all winter, I keep up my bedroom Christmas lights as a night light. They make the room look cozy. Sounds cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a train set around the tree.

It's a fun game, being a free-to-play title, they tend to add new stuff from time to time. Last update added Nevada as a track. Cool, I never played the Saturn version, so it was the arcade and Dreamcast. I hear you, I also want a Switch port at this point. I loved Virtua Racing, I think a Sega Ages version of it would be cool.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

Happy New Year folks! The Friendmas I went to was fun, though the hosting party had to delay the start of the event until late afternoon. That plus other factors put us behind, so we didn't start our D&D session until late. We got VERY into the session, so much so that we wrapped everything up...at 4 AM local time. After packing up, driving home, and showering (REALLY needed one), I went to sleep at...6 AM. It has been several years since I've stayed up that late...or went to bed that early. Living on roughly four hours of sleep, but I opted to get up late morning so as not to mess up my sleep pattern too much. I'm definitely looking forward to bedtime this evening. XD

Also, RIP Betty White. I knew she'd go eventually, but I was really hoping she'd at least hit her 100th birthday. Still, 99 is a VERY good age to make it to.

@MarioLover92 The puppy is pretty much at the "If I can chew on it, it's mine" stage. They're trying to work with him to not do that, but he's an outside dog and everyone isn't always around to make him mind. Scratching cat, huh? Sharpening claws I'm guessing?

Most people are happy to receive gifts, and I'm glad Mario is no exception lol. I kinda wondered if it was a part 2 or if they were related after seeing the other drawing. Kudos once again!

@Sunsy Friendmas report above, hoping to see the movie Tuesday when local theater tickets are on discount.

@tekoii Sorry to read that you've been under the weather, but I'm glad you're feeling better!

@TheJGG I did see you started the original Final Fantasy VII on Switch. Still haven't played that one either, but I hope to grab it and play it eventually. Most SE titles go on sale every few months, so I'm in no hurry.

XC2 certainly has some nice cinematics; the ending Chapter 2 cutscene is among my favorites so far. I haven't had much time to play over the last few days, but I did make it to Uraya and Garfont Village. The luminescent surroundings make its cave system fun to explore. Love the callback to Commander Vandham in XCX. I did peek at your small spoiler since I am aware of how many chapters are in the game; definitely looking forward to what else comes up!

XCX definitely deserves a second chance on Switch or even its successor. A beautiful, highly ambitious game, held back not so much by the Wii U hardware (though there could be some improvement) but by its relatively small install base. I liked X's emphasis on gameplay over plot, though I found the latter entertaining if not a bit bonkers (Yes, I know what genre I'm referring to lol). Skell combat was a joy once it clicked and I obtained some decent gear! We only get the three Arts? Not sure how I feel about that. Less to worry about upgrading, but conversely that limits experimentation.

Tutorials, IMO, should strike a middle ground. They should be there if necessary but should also be disabled if the player(s) wants to do without. Some games handle this wonderfully, but others (Looking at you, Pokemon) take tutorials and handholding to a new level. I don't recall getting Rotbart-ed in XCX - though I certainly was one-shot by other enemies - but I can't say the same for the other two main titles. Completely missed the Bana reference, and I did that whole quest line in XC:DE!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Recently i was looking for cartoonish games on PS3 or any consoles with decent / quite interesting gameplay despite not a fan of the character design (i got Up PS3, G-Force PS3)
I saw Rango PS3 on my local game shop website with fair cheap price, despite i didn't like with the character design but the gameplay was look similar as Ratchet & Clank and the environments looked good. (If you know Rango the cowboy cameleon from the movie).
The game was still in my deliberation.
Well, my gaming hype currently is still on PS3 games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Tyranexx My She rest in peace.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Sounds like a good night, @Tyranexx .... Do keep us posted on your XC2, as well, please

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

@MarioLover92 Thanks! I'll go have a look for it myself.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Hiya !
This is my desktop calendar 2022 that i designed by myself. 😀
Untitled

Untitled

And here is another one of my Boxing Tunes 2 drawing.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Snatcher 100%. At least it was on New Years, so people could toast her if they wanted.

@BruceCM It was a very good night, though I hope I don't need to stay up that late again anytime soon. XD I'll probably post occasional blurbs on XC2, though I have no progress to report from my last post.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

That's OK, @Tyranexx .... Whenever you have made some progress or if you do get a bit stuck, etc, let us know!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic