Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,541 to 57,560 of 60,903

1UP_MARIO

@MarioLover92 that Mario kart ornament looks awesome. Nice

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

WoomyNNYes

The christmas ornament that is always front & center on my parents christmas tree is a picture ornament. The picture was me in cub scouts, 3rd grade, I'm about in tears because my dad just got done yelling at me, because I hated taking pictures. It's pathetic/funny.

A crying kid picture of a family member is possibly one of the best christmas ornaments you can have!

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for video<3)
Rocket League liker
'Tendo liker

MarioLover92

@1UP_MARIO Thanks! I love that ornament too. Great addition to my tree

@WoomyNNYes Ah I see, I used to be pretty camera shy as a kid, lol. We do have family pictures from Christmastime over the years, of course, but we don't have them in ornament form.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

I cannot reply to all the stuff that took place here so I will just say, I love everything everyone has shown off! have a great day!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

I was fortunately only a little tired and with a slightly sore arm for a while after my shots.

This summarizes my experiences with the vaccine (Moderna). Need to schedule the booster soon.

@Zuljaras Good luck. Dose 2 took my mom for a ride. I've heard that it's common for dose 1 to be the worse of the two if you've already had the virus, so hopefully next time the reaction won't be as severe.

@tekoii It's been awhile since I've had key lime pie, but I do enjoy it! I like most fruit pies, cream/veg pies (not into pumpkin or French silk though), cheesecake, etc. Layton's Mystery Journey is chronologically the last game, but from what I understand there's almost no relation to the previous games, so jumping in with that game may be fine. I've heard it also the weakest entry, but I can't confirm or deny that sentiment as I haven't played it. I'm also quite hyped for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim based on the soundtrack and impressions alone lol. Love the concept!

@MarioLover92 My thanks for sharing the ornament pics; they all look pretty awesome! Is that tree real or a box tree? Doesn't matter either way, though when I was a kid I always enjoyed the smell of the real pine trees we'd buy from a lot.

I'll probably hit up both this thread and the XC2 thread in the Switch forum when I do get around to playing the game for pointers lol. It certainly can't be more complicated to pick up than XCX's combat? THAT took some adapting lol.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Sunsy

@tekoii Maybe. You're welcome, that did come to mind seeing all this science and learning with the castle music.

@MarioLover92 That timing with the Hello Kitty ornament, I was playing Hello Kitty Kruisers on Wii U earlier because I felt like it. Wouldn't call myself a fan, all I have is this game (got it really cheap during a Wii U eShop sale), and the Animal Crossing cards a friend sent me earlier this year.

You and I have the same Mario Kart and Peach ornaments! The Toad one is neat, and thanks for showing the Anna one, she is my favorite Frozen character. I have a few Frozen ones too which include, Anna, Elsa, and Olaf.

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

Guys, any tips for me to not get sleepy again during playing video games that have quite tedious things to do or pretty long mission to accomplish ?
I want to continue my progress of Skylanders Imaginators without fallen asleep during playing.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Dude stop forcing yourself to play the game, You obviously don't find the game fun. I dip back and forth from fallen order because I just find the game boring at times, I need to really be in the mood to Enjoy it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter Luigi's Mansion 3 kept making me sleepy. Something about the game, just didn't excite me. Or, I just wasn't in the mood for it. Almost a year later, I came back to the game and got into it for a while. It's maybe 80% complete. It's a great looking game, but I don't love it.

I always feel sick when I play Gunman Clive on 3ds. I don't know why. Maybe I was sick when I bought it and played for the first few days? I don't know, but it makes me feel sick. I can't touch that game.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for video<3)
Rocket League liker
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Sometime i felt the same way for my Mario games i have as you played Luigi Mansion 3.
I have collected Super Mario Galaxy 2 after long time searching from online shop but when i played the game, i have tendency to play about 2 or 3 stages to be cleared.
I have interest to play the game but i don't really love Mario franchises.

About to prevent getting sleepy during playing games, is drinking tea will keep me stay awake for a while at least before bedtime ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I can't bring my self to even play the game, but for different reason, Every time I get on, I just, Play the online mode for hours LMAO!

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes It takes a min or two, but ya, I really love the online part of the game, which TBH I thought I was going to hate when I got it LMAO!

TheJGG

@tekoii Thank you for finding a good way to use my cover, your editing is amazing as usual. When I purchase Logic for real I'll strive to do even better. One kind of cover I'd like to try to make more of is music that has a really ambient feel, or sounds adventurous with sound design. Something that has to be made with a DAW and not with live instruments, and is therefore justifying my skill in Logic. One example I really like is the entire Disco Elysium soundtrack; here's a piece you may or may not like.

I haven't done any Let's Plays in a while, though that's primarily because I simply don't have the time and investment capacity at the moment. Try and stick with SMTV though, it'll be a great "archive" to look back on in the end when you complete it.

@Tyranexx Thank you for enjoying the image of my Christmas tree, but it is a shame you don't have one quite as big. As long as it can stand for the values and traditions of Christmas however, there isn't a need for a massive tree at all.

@Sunsy Thank you! I appreciate it greatly, and I hope I'll be able to do better in the future!

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Metroid: Dread
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Thank you! I think it's a box tree, we've had that tree for years. It's the kind where you'd attach the branches to the base. The last time we shopped for a real tree was like 2 decades ago, when I'd live in a different house with my dad and my younger brother.

That's cool, best of luck on XC2. The only time I asked for help on that game was when I made a thread about a boss fight I had trouble with. I couldn't really find anything about it, so that's why I made it.

@Sunsy Ah I see, I remember seeing it while window shopping. I never got those Hello Kitty amiibo cards for Animal Crossing, but I did have a friend of mine send me a bunch of those Sanrio items, which I sent over to my mom since she loves Hello Kitty.

That's cool, and yeah you're welcome! Anna is my favorite Frozen character too. The ornament with Princess Peach and Toad ice skating, that's one of the older Mario-themed ornaments I have. I think I got that one around 2009-2011, somewhere around that time frame. I got that Cinderella ornament for my mom. I tried making it so that in that pic, both Cinderella and Peach are watching that magical bubble with awe, which has that ballroom scene. It's like if Peach paid her a nice surprise visit, after somehow coming to the magical world of Disney. lol

@Anti-Matter I do want to ask you this. Do you enjoy what you've played of Skylanders?

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Actually i enjoy to play Skylanders games.
It was pretty easy as i set to Easy difficulty but some missions took very long time to finish like the path to explore was long and have a lot of things to do. It was like simple 3D Mario games but with longer paths and some foes to defeat.
Spyro's Adventure and Imaginators were pretty short (about 15 - 30 minutes) but Swap Force and Superchargers took 45 minutes - 1 hour to finish one mission (or maybe around 30 - 45 minutes).
My body said otherwise when the mission took pretty long time to finish, it started to develop drowsiness on me. But sometimes i didn't feel sleepy at all when playing Skylanders, maybe depend on what things i ate / drank before that.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter But your not feeling bored with the game at all? or its just you feeling sleepy?

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Sometimes the mission in Skylanders are quite tedious like walking here walking there, smack the enemies, swap with other Skylanders for benefit chance, etc.
They are basic platformer games, i still enjoyed the gameplay.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

Btw, it was crazy to see my hype with Nintendo Switch games suddenly dropped during year 2020 and 2021.
When i looked my Switch games purchase during year 2020 and 2021, i only purchased 4 Switch games during year 2020 and 4 Switch games during year 2021, with 3 Switch games has been sold on 2 October 2021.
But in contrary, year 2020 and 2021 are the best year i built PS3 games quickly.
I collected 20 PS3 games by the end of year 2020 and i will have 40 PS3 games altogether by the end of year 2021.
Starting October 2021, i quickly built my PS4 games library after i built my Gamecube + Wii + Wii U during year 2021 with more than 20 Wii games during year 2021 + 8 Wii U games + 8 Gamecube games. So far, i have collected 24 PS4 games during this year.
I didn't build GBA and PSP games during year 2021 as my PSP battery got swollen (need a replacement) and i still unsure to add more GBA games considering its battery life inside the cartridge.
Oh, my mood during December 2021 is try to get OG XBOX with the games as well.
I have decided only until 10 OG XBOX games i will pick since the games i like the most are DDR Ultramix 1 - 4 with some 6 additional OG XBOX games (4 Multiconsole games + 2 first party XBOX games).
I was so busy to build my other console games until i have to delay a lot of Switch games purchase.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic