Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,521 to 57,540 of 96,531

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I agree the new Trolls characters look better; even as a kid, the originals weirded me out a bit. I was even the target demographic at one point! XD

Change of plans, no movie tomorrow. I've been invited to a "Friendmas", as the inviter put it. While I'd technically still have enough time to catch a movie, that makes it hard to finish things I'd wanted to do around home lol. Hoping to catch the movie next week.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Sunsy Oh I agree with you on the trolls, They always did look a little creepy.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah yeah I forgot to say, sorry your G&W got a bit tampered with by your dog. Mine was a-ok, it thankfully wasn't scratched or bitten by my cat! Good to hear your actual unit's fine. As for physics, yeah absolutely, a ton of formulas and math are involved. A lot of those formulas and units, at least in the later classes, can really break my brain. Calculus can get really tricky too, especially later on. Sorry to hear about that extended family drama. Glad to hear your Christmas was a decent one.

Here's my Christmas drawing from this year. Made one of my ideas come to life with this one.

@Sunsy Ah ok, so it's somewhat like Pokemon, just has a more social aspect to it. Might give that a shot at some point, just need to put more time in TMS #FE and Persona 4 Golden. Good to hear you're enjoying the series.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Your drawing looks great, but i wish you give some colors.
Btw, i will post some my project 2022 drawings here once i uploded them to my Deviantart account.

Also, i will play ACNH today to wait the New Year's Eve celebration with my villagers.
Will you play ACNH for waiting New Year's Eve ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

It will be year 2022 tomorrow.
What is your plan to celebrate New Year's Eve ?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter What I do every year, drink some cider, and clank cups.

@MarioLover92 I love Black and white drawings, probably because I read to much manga, orits just I don't use color in mine.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 It was my brother's dog, actually. He lives with my parents - my mom ordered it - and nobody was home to receive the package when it was dropped off. They've had issues with him sneaking off with random stuff and chewing it to death. Shoes, random junk, smaller packages, carrion....It's a pretty random list. Math is certainly useful, but it involves a lot of mental work. I do enough mental gymnastics at my job, thanks. Much of which...also involves math lol. I can't imagine why some people seek out complicated math problems for fun.

I really like that Mario drawing, especially with how you applied the shading. Is Mario trying to flag down Toad's present train?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Thanks! I might do some coloring on my future drawings. Colored drawings can look really nice for sure, but I like black-and-white drawings just as much, to be honest. They're quicker to make, they allow me to focus more on value, and I even like their old-fashioned look. I'll probably be able to get on ACNH, depends on if I'm tired or not at the time. I have been to last year's event already.

@Snatcher Yeah I love black-and-white drawings too. Just using stuff like HB, 3B, 6B, etc. gives drawings that retro look, I find. I use all of those, plus my sketchbook to make my art - yeah, I'm a bit old-fashioned. lol

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 I kinda like that I don't need to spend so much time on colors when I can find a cool way to show that in black and white.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah ok, gotcha. Sounds like your bro's dog is super excited about those packages, thinking that they're all treats/toys for him, but yeah, that does sound maddening for sure! My cat would scratch that one box of Christmas scenery while we have it out during our decorating process. Yeah, a bunch of scratches and everything, lol. Thankfully, the scenery items themselves are still in good condition. Agreed on your math comment. There's no chance in heck I'm doing those word problems on my free time. lol

On my drawing - thank you! Nah, Mario's just excited to get his present, lol. I made it so that Toad's train is chugging along in the background, complete with a silhouette. A friend of mine from Twitter actually suggested that I make a part 2 to last year's drawing, that is how I got that idea.

@Snatcher Yeah, I find that they're quicker to make with just drawing pencils too. Mentioned that to Anti.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Yeah, I really like what DreamWorks did to the characters.

Alrighty, have fun at the "Friendmas" and enjoy the movie when you get around to it next week.

@Snatcher Yeah. That's why I love the Trolls from the movie series so much, DreamWorks made them really cute and have personalities. Poppy's upbeat positive spirit is one of the reasons why I like her so much, and she just looks adorable. Yet, they still have that signature hair. I'd say it's a case where the redesigns were better than the originals.

Fun part, DreamWorks actually owns the rights to the old "Good Luck Trolls" ever since making the Trolls movie. It's even a running gag in the series. The two holiday specials and an episode of the Netflix cartoon pokes fun at the old Troll toys in humorous ways.

@MarioLover92 Drawing looks great. Pretty much, I've seen many compare it to such, some even recommend the series to those who like Pokemon, but want something different. Also, the themes are much darker, you're dealing with demons, and a post apocalyptic world with its own story to tell. I still get goosebumps from one of the twists in SMT IV. It's really a cool experience.

@Anti-Matter Right now, just watching the Times Square ball drop (a tradition here in northeast US), and playing some games while listening to some Christmas music (I want to enjoy it a bit longer, I love Christmas music so I start early and end late with it). That's about it at the moment, I'll see if anything else happens tomorrow.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm hoping to have another out by next month, which is that hot chocolate one I mentioned earlier.

Ah that's cool, I think my brother would like the SMT and Persona games as well. I did tell him about the new one on Switch one time, which was SMT V.

Anti-Matter

I have reached Malcolm Mansion in The Sims Bustin' Out PS2. 😀
Just a little bit more missions to get level 10 on all seven different jobs then i finished all the missions in The Sims Bustin' Out (i still have 1 unfinished mission at Toane Gym to have party at Dudley trailer and talked to everybody).

Edit: Phew...
I have finished all the missions at Malcolm Mansion. 😄
I moved back to Toane Gym as i still have one more mission to be finished.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

Between COVID work craziness and standard life craziness I haven't been posting too much lately, but I do hope everyone has a safe and happy new year 😁 I haven't come up with a New Year's resolution yet but I'm between 'do more yoga' and 'learn how to play an instrument'.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jedgamesguy

Happy New Year everyone, I hope this outgoing one's brought lessons and triumphs alike. I got some excellent stuff for Christmas, including enough money to buy both the Smash Fighters' Pass Vol. 2, and Hyrule Warriors: AoC's Expansion Pass, plus Final Fantasy VII for some old school goodness. Plus a Series 6 Apple Watch, so I can monitor my heart rate during 2022's F1 races.

I remember how my heart was almost punching a hole in my chest in Abu Dhabi! @WoomyNNYes do make that your New Year's Resolution!

2021's ended with massive change on my end; I now main Pyra and Mythra for Smash. Not just because they're from Xenoblade 2 but also because they have a really satisfying moveset and some REALLY aggressive voice acting! The remixes aren't great though...

@Tyranexx Precisely, I was putting some slow but sure development work into "Midgar". Appropriate considering my newest game purchase but I'm atrocious at naming things, it applies to Monster Hunter as well. Your astute observations have been paid back in full, I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the game as you go on. Chapter 2 had a mesmerising ending cutscene, with Pyra blowing the fire embers into the sky. Cinematics were pretty good in that one but I imagine you've been though Chapter 3 a bit, which IMO is one of the best chapters. I believe the following numbered chapters are the best, story and cinema-wise: 3, 6, 9. Torna's a masterpiece, and IMO I enjoyed it more than the main game!

XC2's style was as you put it, jarring. Considering how weak the Wii U is, seeing a game as good looking as X was mind blowing. Both X and 2 have more radical approaches that cater to an extreme, which are exploration/combat and then more traditional RPG elements, respectively. X's gameplay aspects were just amazing though, and I really wish the Skells come back at some point. Honestly, the combat in 2 is mega simplified too. Just three arts plus "Talents". Makes for less nuance but it means there's lots of linearity in how you do it. DE was fine because most characters had over a dozen arts to pick from, and X was just insane with all the class options, but 2's so... narrow.

You failed the first fight? Didn't expect that but it wasn't the easiest one. I noticed with games like FFVII, they don't hold your hand at all. No tutorials, and combat just throws you in from the start. Games nowadays are more conscious of being played by people of ranging ability, so they need to be less subtle. I played NieR Replicant today too, and that game had a self-contained battle with small stakes and minimal tutorials. Contrasting for sure. I did manage to avoid getting Rotbart-ed in the first game but in X and 2 wasn't so lucky. I got one-shotted by both enemies on sight and it made crossing Gormott a bit harder than I imagined!

Nopon can be seen as representations of capitalism. Greedy, selfish and volatile. Some good guys in the business but most are drowned out by the baddies. Ironic the sketchy Nopon's called Bana, huh?.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

NintendoByNature

Happy new year NLers! Hope everyone has a safe and fun evening.

NintendoByNature

reporterdavid

Untitled
Good last day of the year...!

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

1UP_MARIO

Happy new year
Happy gaming
Have a great 2022
And
Waaaaahoooo

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

WoomyNNYes

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

@TheJGG Oh, yeah. As predicted, my brother was watching the Abu Dhabi race a few nights ago via his dvr.(My brother catches up on F1 races over christmas/new years break.) So, all that drama was new to him. And we've been playing a bit of Forza Horizon 5, and having a good time - playing it on his Xbox One. We take turns playing races, seeing who can get the fastest laps in the races, and so on. Or, last night I discovered a seasonal christmas event in-game, where the stadium was filled with a ice rink inside, with candy cane poles & christmas trees to hit, and you get points and achievements for drifting and being a nut in a car (we were using a ken block ford rally car, we don't have many cars yet, but it does a decent job).

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

Happy New Year 2022 !
Greeting from Indonesia. 🇮🇩
And i was playing ACNH to participate in countdown to year 2022.
Here is the video i recorded.
Sorry for the firework noises.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic