Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,421 to 57,440 of 96,530

MarioVillager92

Untitled

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you on Nintendo Life! Have a safe, healthy, and wonderful holiday. Enjoy this festive picture of Mario and his pals.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

Counting down to till a parent joins NL to create thread for problem with multiple switches or issue with account. 😉😉

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@X-Slayer Thank you! I didn't make it actually, I found this picture at Mario Wiki. But yeah, I do love that picture and how it has everyone in their old-school character designs, which is why I wanted to share it on this very day.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is having a good Christmas and holiday.

As for me, I got some Trolls and games, a couple of other things like some shirts and a book (both related to things I like, I mainly wear character shirts and collect character books anyway)...
Untitled

Anyone else get anything cool?

@WoomyNNYes I have a feeling this is going to happen. Meanwhile, I updated SMTV last night (thankfully a small update) and updated Sonic Colors days ago to play them with no issue. Not going to dare to use cloud save or redeem the Sonic Colors DLC code until things cool down.

@MarioLover92 That picture is amazing! Merry Christmas to you too.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Oh that's cool, we had the SNES before I got the N64. Still have both of them, as well. The SNES did belong to my dad at the time, pretty sure he got that as a Christmas present, literally one month before I was born. It's a big reason why I have a ton of nostalgia for it. I actually got Super Mario Kart sometime after getting Mario Kart 64, we just never had it back when it originally came out.

Very cool. I still have my N64 and the SNES itself. The N64 ended up being a birthday gift, I got Yoshi's Story with it, and mom surprised me with Star Fox 64. That's cool, so you got to enjoy Mario Kart 64 first, then Super Mario Kart.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

@Sunsy We set up a new Switch OLED today, downloaded MK8, Mario Odyssey with out much hassle. The eshop rejected us three times, saying "servers busy" or something, but the forth attempt got us to eshop and downloaded games fine after that. So, whatever game you want download may likely work. Just be ready to open eshop 3-4 times.

Merry Christmas @tekoii!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

Happy Boxing Day. (26 December 2021)
Untitled

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

So, not to kill the mood but, just have to get this off my chest, even if its talking into the void. My dad died last night. Just found out an hour ago. Passed in his sleep. Was just with him all day Christmas day... it came out of nowhere, can't really be prepared for stuff like this.

Heard the door slamming opening and shut, got up and saw the fire trucks and ambulance out the window, saw the time was when they usually get up for dialysis, and I knew in my gut what happened.

I've had plenty friends and coworkers tell me about their dad passing, and you give them your condolences and soon forget about it. But it's different when it's you (obviously).

But, I'm happy he got 78 years, and got to spend one last Christmas, and, went peacefully in his sleep. Seems about all one could ask for. It does make you pause and think about what really matters though.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zuljaras

@JaxonH My sincere condolences! 78 is a good number and he passed away in the best way possible.

This year we lost 2 of our elders (not parents) because of Covid and people took it really hard.

The best thing you could do is just to remember the person. This is all we got at this point

Edited on by Zuljaras

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
Much appreciated. I'd say it's a miracle he lasted as long as he did- he's been on dialysis for 15 years now due to kidney failure (have to go to the clinic 3 times a week and have blood cleaned through a machine to eliminate toxins). They say most don't last nearly that long, even 10 yrs is pushing it. So ya, feeling thankful more than anything. And right after one last Christmas, too? It's more than we deserved.

Two ppl? Man... That sucks. This whole event makes me feel more sympathetic to hearing things like that. Cause everyone was a human being with their own life, even if I didn't know them, it makes me wonder who they were, what they did...

But yes. Memories live on. Just grateful for the time we did get.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Losermagnet

@JaxonH sorry for your loss. Having one more Christmas must've been a blessing, but losing a loved one is always painful. My condolences to you and your family.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Sisilly_G

@JaxonH : May God rest his soul.

JaxonH wrote:

So, not to kill the mood but, just have to get this off my chest, even if its talking into the void.

Not at all. It's good to break the routine of idle chit-chat and reflect on the things that are important, and it's good that you feel comfortable enough to use this as an outlet for such an ordeal. I recall that Zeldafan79 had also lost his father a few months ago, so you are certainly not alone in confiding in this little community of ours, however unorthodox an outlet it may seem to be.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy Christmas with him one last time and that he was at peace at the time of his passing. I am reminded of my grandfather who passed away nearly 16 years ago in his sleep, with a smile on his face (and the Qur'an on his chest). It's hard to feel too despondent when our elders depart this world in among the best of ways. Your circumstances are also a sobering reminder to us all to be grateful for the time that we do have with our loved ones as so little in life is certain, but in any case, 78 years is a good run, and I hope that he was able to enjoy a good quality of life towards the end (kidney issues notwithstanding).

Like you, I have had friends who have lost parents (and have attended my share of funerals), and I suppose I am lucky in that I haven't lost anybody too close to me so far in my life, but of course, I am dreading the inevitability of that happening some day. I hope for every patience and ease for yourself and your loved ones throughout this ordeal. While it is saddening to hear that your father had suffered from chronic illness throughout his autumn years, perhaps therein lies a great mercy on the other side. May your father and those dear to him be among those shaded from the anguish of the Hereafter. May God bless you and your family. Peace be with you.

@Zuljaras : I lost two of my elders on the same day sometime late last year, being my maternal grandfather and my great uncle. For my grandmother, that meant losing her only brother/sibling, and her husband of over 55 years within hours of one another. My mum was also stuck in hotel quarantine at the time of their passing (my grandparents lived in Turkey and my mum had just arrived back in Australia) so she took it especially hard, as - under normal circumstances - she would have flown straight back to Turkey to attend the funerals.

My great uncle was already on his deathbed (due to lung/kidney problems, if memory serves), so his passing did not come as a surprise, ​but it was my grandfather's passing that came as a shock as he had a sudden heart attack while he was out and about, and couldn't be revived. Incidentally, my great uncle was infected with covid while on his deathbed, which aroused the cynic in me, as the very fact that his death would have been added to the statistics misrepresents the real-world threat that the virus poses to the average person, and disingenuously makes it seem as though the virus was the primary contributing factor in his demise. I had previously heard my share of stories of deaths being disingenuously attributed to the virus, but this hit a little close to home. I just remembered that one of my paternal uncles was hospitalised, and so I was dreading his demise as well (though he has since recovered, fortunately, though I cannot recall exactly what his ailment was).

As for my grandfather, his death occurred quite suddenly, so it is believed that he didn't suffer very much, but either way, they are now at peace, both having lived rich and full lives, and the circle of life continues...

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

JaxonH

@Losermagnet @Silly_G @X-Slayer
Thank you all. Sounds like you've got some experiences of your own, some multiple experiences.

It's funny, but when stuff happens, this is the first place I think to come to, cause I spend so much time here.

More than anything, it is sobering reminder of our own mortality. Life is a gift, but it is short. And we all have an appointed time.

More than ever, I want to be confident in where I'm going when my time comes. The distractions of life can be fun, but also sometimes a hindrance- at the end of the day, I want to be sure I'm embraced as a good and faithful servant, and not one who squandered my precious time on pleasures and self indulgence as my top priority.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Man i'm so sorry, Thats really sad to hear, If you need to talk about any thing else please do so, We will be happy to help in any way we can. but also I'm so happy you got to spend one more Christmas, And it was with you!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sisilly_G

@JaxonH : Sadly, I feel like I indulge in a little too much of the latter. Unfortunately, there has been some severance of ties in my life (beyond my control), and circumstances around the world being as they are at the moment has perhaps rendered it less opportune to engage in community activities that I would otherwise be engaged in (particularly those that benefit others).

I have squandered so much, if not most of my youth, but I hope that I can make amends for that going forward, and I hope that we can all be productive and faithful servants for the benefit of humanity.

And not all of our time online should be considered a distraction as there may be blessings in the fact that we can have conversations such as these (again, however unorthodox the platform) and use this as an opportunity to contemplate, reflect, and maybe even enrich each other's lives, however inconsequential our interactions may seem.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Snatcher

Silly_G wrote:

@JaxonH : Sadly, I feel like I indulge in a little too much of the latter. Unfortunately, there has been some severance of ties in my life (beyond my control), and circumstances around the world being as they are at the moment has perhaps rendered it less opportune to engage in community activities that I would otherwise be engaged in (particularly those that benefit others).

I have squandered so much, if not most of my youth, but I hope that I can make amends for that going forward, and I hope that we can all be productive and faithful servants for the benefit of humanity.

And not all of our time online should be considered a distraction as there may be blessings in the fact that we can have conversations such as these (again, however unorthodox the platform) and use this as an opportunity to contemplate, reflect, and maybe even enrich each other's lives, however inconsequential our interactions may seem.

This, this is perfect! And I will remember theses words for whenever i'm in trying times myself.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I'm sorry to hear your loss.
My condolences to you and your family.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH My condolences to you and your family. Its a hard time but time heals all.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Sunsy

@tekoii Merry Christmas, it was a good one. Also wishing @TheJGG and @Losermagnet a Merry Christmas too.

@WoomyNNYes Glad you set everything up ok, I still remember the Christmas I got my 3DS. Lucked out when I downloaded Zelda Four Swords, everything else and my Wii were down because of everyone accessing the Internet on their then new 3DS and Wii systems. Good to know that then, I'm hoping to redeem the Sonic Colors DLC that came with it, it was a launch edition.

@JaxonH My condolences. I'm glad you got to spend one last Christmas together, sorry to hear about the news.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic