Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,381 to 57,400 of 96,507

Sunsy

@WoomyNNYes They still seem to have the article up on transfering to newer SD cards, OLED included, so my guess is that it doesn't work as a transfer between old and new systems. It sounds like it's an option for upgrading an SD card on a current system. I'm only taking a guess at this. Did you call their support to see what they said?

@Snatcher Thanks, Christmas should be fine, spending time with family, watching Trolls Holiday In Harmony for the... I lost track of how many times I watched it, exchange gifts, and of course gaming. Hope your's is great too.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

@Sunsy Ahhhh, that's transferring from sd card to sd card. That only works when you're not changing consoles.

As far as I can tell, and this caught me by surprise, transferring to a new switch console does not allow you bring your games on your sd card. I could be wrong. I never rule out user error, but I think I'm right. (back up nintendo folder to pc, format card, paste nintendo folder back onto card formatted with new console.) The only games that can transfer to a new Switch, are games on the Switch's internal memory.

The reason I didn't call Nintendo is because, I already called them about something else while doing the transfer. I got a rep that sounded like a temp worker, who didn't know the material, and had to look everything up. Previous years when I called Nintendo support, I got very seasoned reps that really knew the consoles. So, back to the temp rep (or new rep), in that phone call, I did the leg work, she put me on hold for almost five minutes to ask others, only to confirm what I suspected, that switch-user-saves can't transfer if they aren't linked to nintendo accounts. So, the short story is, I didn't have the patience to call back and deal with temp/newb nintendo rep all over again.

I'm open to being wrong, but after the 4 hours or messing around yesterday, I'm out of bandwidth. I already re-downloaded my games - left the switch in sleep mode to download them over night.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

I finished this Barbie game just now.
Untitled

It was really mediocre and cheap looking PS2 game, looked like PS1 game. šŸ˜‚
I picked this game just for my curiosity.
The graphics, the storyline idea, the mini games, etc are just terrible but still made me laughed.
I gave it 5 / 10 for at least humoring me. šŸ¤­

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

My PSP battery got replaced with the genuine battery. šŸ˜€
I didn't realized i used the not genuine battery when i bought an used PSP 3000 last February 2019. šŸ˜£
I can see the difference of battery life of genuine and non genuine after i played my PSP games for 2.5 hours and it got depleted by only 1 bar from 3 bars. šŸ˜

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Not sure how much I'll manage to be on the site over the next few days with the usual holiday shuffle, though my sister's wedding is now past. So I'll put this now for all reading this: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or if you celebrate nothing, have a great weekend! And I hope some games show up in all your stockings!

@MarioLover92 Tutors can be a godsend if one is struggling with some material. Everyone learns differently after all! Most of the C++ I have done was via Windows command line with very little experience outside of that environment. I know it's a language closer to machine level, and it is one I'd like to hack around with on a Raspberry Pi should I ever get one. I have VS on both my personal machine and my work machine, but I haven't touched it for awhile on the former and rarely need to use it on the latter.

I'm caught up on sleep now from the wedding, but MAN was I exhausted lol. Can't imagine how things would've been if I'd been hungover to boot (I did have a couple drinks, but I drove home sober). It was pretty much an all day thing. The worst parts were getting primped up (I HATE makeup, and I'm not fond of too many substances in my hair) and that some of the pictures were outside. It was above freezing, but cloud cover + wind chill still made for some very cold wedding members.

@BruceCM With how the days fly for me these days, February will be here after I blink a couple times!

@TheJGG Haha, yeah, I haven't had a ton of internet time either. I hope your holiday season is going well too! Mine has been good so far, just busier than usual. I get a bit of downtime tomorrow since I'm off work, but the gatherings and other Christmas shenanigans start for me later tomorrow. I should at least get a chance to (finally) start Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

On your trip: That...is a LOT of car time. I've clocked some serious hours in a vehicle, but I'm pretty sure you have my record beat. I tend to stop every so often (normally ever couple of hours) to move around for a couple minutes, but I fully understand that isn't always a viable option. Fingerprint scanners can be finicky; I know my mom had issues when she was trying to get a passport last year for a trip that wound up postponed (Thanks Covid). I've heard one's mileage may vary when it comes to Covid processing; I know my sister and her now husband ran into a bit of drama with their Caribbean honeymoon destination as they thought they had all the medical paperwork secured; turns out the airline withheld some necessary documents. They got through it. Traveling can be stressful enough, but differing Covid regulations are certainly adding to the mix! Other than the added drama, I do hope you're enjoying your trip overall.

Fingers crossed some of your wishlist shows up in your gift pile.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

May be a bit slower the next couple of days because Christmas. Today was pretty quiet though, did some gaming today (for those curious, played Apex, Cruis'n Blast, and Asphalt 9 today). In event I don't hop on, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Will still try to check the thread when I'm not busy.

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, it sounds like it. I was under the impression it was to just upgrade a MicroSD card to another MicroSD card on the same system when reading that. I think it's the same with 3DS. It is good to know for future reference that all games will need to be re-downloaded should one get a Switch OLED or a Switch Mini (guessing, since all I have is a base Switch).

Alright, that's understandable. I thought they would have an answer. I usually agree with you whenever you mention Nintendo's support as they always have good customer service. Used them plenty of times in the past.

@Tyranexx Merry Christmas to you too! Already got one game, Cruis'n Blast from a friend. Friend and I exchange gifts a bit early. We have the tradition of getting each other games a bit early, so it gives us time to install needed updates too. If you're curious, I surprised my friend with Metroid Dread.

The rest will be most likely Christmas day. Hoping for Sonic Colors Ultimate, and a couple of nice Trolls (as in the movie series) related things. Those two things are what I wish for the most.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

Yep I to i'm going to be less active because of Christmas, So i'm going to do my last bit of reply's, so don't be surprised if I take a wile to respond.

@Tyranexx @Sunsy Make sure you guys make it a good one, and happy new year (Again) see you after the holidays/ new years! and everyone else!

So I got hollow knight on the switch, and I have only had it for two days and I have sunk 10 hours into it, Some of those hours I can't even remember!

I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to this game LMAO. I played three hours back on the ps4, but wanted to play it on the switch, And man i'm I loving it.

The areas, the art, the characters, the voices, the charms, bosses, combat, the world, the Story, and adventure, and the best part, The exploration!

I'm not a big fan of just walking around alot doing nothing a lot of the time, but I think this game is making me love doing just that, sure I look up where to get upgrades I need, but finding just were the upgrade is Is fun, finding bosses, or secrets, are just straight up fun!

This makes me want to finish super metroid! and makes me want to Explore in games now, as I have never been the biggest fan, Depending on the game.

Plus this game has two whole dlc's left after you beat it, and all for 15$! Its almost like i'm stealing from these guys, Because this game shouldn't have this much free content for the price.

Er, damn this turned into a whole review by mistake, sorry for rambling on, I tend to do that as you see.
But as of right now the game is a 9/10 for me! and I think this game open'd a whole knew box of flowers for my brain to smell! And I will now 100% smell more flowers like it!

Happy holiday's one and all! (If you even read this far) (Also, also, If I where to voice all of my thoughts this post would have to be twice as long)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Snatcher Sounds like you're having a good time with Hollow Knight. Cruis'n Blast has been pretty fun, I've been wanting an arcade racer like that for some time, love that I now have a new game that I can use the Joy-Con wheel with, love that arcade steering wheel feel.

Happy Holidays to you too! BTW, do try to watch Trolls Holiday In Harmony if you can. Since you mentioned awhile back you like the movies, I think you'll enjoy this special.

BruceCM

I certainly had to redownload when I transferred to my Switch Lite, @WoomyNNYes ..... As soon as I put the micro sd card from the Switch before in, it insisted on formatting it! Which does seem weird, really but it was a good chance for me to rethink which games I wanted on it, so I didn't mind too much

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Sunsy We need more games that work with the wheel TBH, unless every racer works with it, But it would be nice to have games designed around it.

And yes have Have been loving hollow knights, Its one sexy game!

Actually I will get to Trolls Holiday Today! I will tell you my thoughts later today!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

Today is my 4th anniversary of Nintendo Switch purchase day (bought on 24 December 2017).
I played ACNH for 2.5 hours but my Switch still making loud fan sound even have been repaired again.
I continue my progress of The Sims Bustin' Out PS2 after playing ACNH.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Maybe its just dust, Or maybe there isn't anything really wrong with it. Like is it stupid Loud?
Or is it loud like in a way were if you were to say, turn of the game you could hear it?

Also happy anniversary.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
It has been cleaned from the dust but still making loud fan sound.
Maybe the problem was from the fan, need some paste for the fan.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

Iā€™m worried since a battery in a box of wii stuff corroded in a wii remote, and thereā€™s salt absolutely everywhere in the box. I need to make sure everything is neutralized tomorrow by shaking baking powder in the box, and in the stuff that my Wii U game boxes were put on/in.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter The fan does NOT need paste. Only the chips need paste because they are producing the heat in the console. The fan might only need (in very rare cases) fine machine oil. It needs to be placed in the center of the fan.

If the fan is placed in a slight angle it could produce screeching sounds. This might indicate the work of a person who did not care (there are many like this is repair shops).

My Switch that is 4 years old as well has its fan spinning at max speed for 1-3 minutes after I start a demanding game like Witcher 3, BotW, Darksiders 3. After that it goes down and becomes quiet. This is a standard function that every Switch has.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Losermagnet

It's almost that time so merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone šŸ˜ y'know all of this christmas cheer reminds me of a song.....

@Snatcher glad to hear you're enjoying Hollow Knight. I love that game. I know what you mean when you said it was fun to walk around in it. Filling in the map as you explore was one of my favorite things about it (besides the atmosphere, characters, bosses, humor, etc., etc. Lol).

@VoidofLight I've had a battery leak in a wii remote before but not to that extent - I hope it didn't damage your other goods.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Snatcher

@Losermagnet I just didn't think I would get hooked this much! I heard about the addiction, but to live it, is totally different.

Proof of this is the fact I have poured 12 hours in this game in just 2 days, When I got up today It was 7 hours! Then when I got off it was on 12, And the funny part, was a lot of that time was me figuring out how to fight a boss.

I also Wonder if I should feel bad for looking up where some of the power ups are, I just look up the location most of the time and not the Spot, so I know where to go, and I just walk around from there, its really fun!

I also got spoiled on this games endings for a wile now, since I really didn't think I would play this game, nor love it this much!

I'm just going on by now, my bad LMAO. Have an amazing Christmas day/eve!

Sunsy

@Snatcher I agree, so far, I've used it with Mario Kart, Asphalt 9, and Cruis'n. I did try to use it with Virtua Racing, but I found myself re-calibrating the motion controls for it by pausing a few times during a race, so not the best in that game. I'll still try using it because, arcade-style, lol.

Awesome to hear.

Enjoy, BTW, it's Holiday In Harmony, not to confuse it with the first Trolls Holiday where Poppy introduces the bergens to new holidays. The first one is fun, but the new one Holiday In Harmony has more heart to it and is about a gift swap. Just a heads up so you don't get the two confused.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic