Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,361 to 57,380 of 96,481

chapuH

My (gaming) resolution is to play more indie games. It'll be a miracle if I fulfil it considering I'm drowning in unfinished games.

Hope you're having a good day.

WoomyNNYes

Doing my transfer to my new OLED today, so I don't have to fuss with it on Christmas. Hit a snag right off the bat. Apparently, linking the new OLED to my nintendo account prevents the transfer. So, I had to create a new user, then delete the user that was linked to my nintendo account. Then I could do the transfer. I had to work a bit to figure that out. Thanks tendo.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

VoidofLight

I'm getting an SD card for Christmas, because I ran out of space for Digital games, and I got both Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl's physical copies, which require tons of space. The SD card I got is massive as well, so I'll be able to put all my digital games on it, and still have room for more.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

Phew...
Just finished the storyline of Up (Disney Pixar) PS3 several minutes ago. ☺
It was okay game but not really impressive as the game was designed from the playable part of the movie.
I gave it 6 / 10 for linearity.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

That was a fun evening, played World of Tanks Blitz and my go to Christmas season game, Sonic Mega Collection for some Sonic 3D Blast, with sneaking in a run of Green Hill Zone in Sonic 1. While listening to Christmas music.

Anyone else have specific games they love playing around Christmas, or any holiday? Thinking about Super Mario All-Stars too, fond memory of getting this one for Christmas and playing it one Christmas season. I still remember Christmas morning when my brother gave me Sonic Mega Collection.

@WoomyNNYes Similarly, I had to do an update to a game I'm getting for Christmas, and I have Steam open because it's going to go down this week. Gotta love the Christmas rush. This makes me thankful I got by Switch and Wii U for my birthday, and considering that option for new consoles in the future to avoid the headache I had when I got my 3DS.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
"Anyone else have specific games they love playing around Christmas, or any holiday?"

I will celebrate 4th anniversary of my Switch purchase day on 24 December 2021.
But my Switch is still making loud fan noise, i'm afraid it will damage my Switch gradually.
Have you experienced with that case ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Afraid I haven't experienced that on my Switch. If it is troublesome, you might want to contact Nintendo support about it I'm guessing. My PC fans do get loud, but that's usually in a graphic intense game, and it's doing it to keep it cool and to prevent overheating (which is bad, the cooler, the better in my book).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
You forget if i live in Indonesia.
There is no Nintendo HQ branch in Indonesia as Nintendo still never open their branch in Indonesia (only Sony has their official branch at Jakarta).
I have to bring my Switch at local video games repair shop in my hometown as they are the only place to fix video games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Sunsy Super mario maker 2 is a good one! The ice levels just give me that feeling you know?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah absolutely, though I still love the Genesis version's Ice Cap theme. It's so, so good.

Ah, that must have been frustrating to play Brawlhalla on mobile. Admittedly, I don't have any games installed on my phone, since 1 - I'm not really a mobile gamer, and 2 - my phone's not that great anyway. I did play Mario Kart Tour for a little bit on my phone, and the framerate was garbage. I hated the touch controls, too. It's a crying shame, because I love the Mario Kart series...Tour was the only one I didn't like. You don't even get to play as Mario when you play for the first time. What's up with that???

I don't have a particular game I play on Christmas day - I just play whatever I feel like playing, lol. Usually any Mario game. But I will say that one of my most memorable Christmas moments was getting and playing Luigi's Mansion and Super Smash Bros. Melee on my then-brand new GameCube. Those were good times, and I still have my copies from way back then.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

Only a few days to go you guys! I'm going to be less active (Maybe) So i'm here to say Merry christmas and a happy new year!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

I got a MacBook Air to replace my old travel laptop for work. I have no idea of how to use it. But I'll try to make it work somehow.

I managed to connect my iPad with it to use it as a second screen, so that's pretty cool.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Haven't forgotten, just didn't know Nintendo had no HQ in Indonesia. Hopefully, they'll be able to help out with your fan problem.

@Snatcher Snow levels are always the best to play. I love Super Mario Bros. 3 World 6 during the winter months. Not so much Christmas, but remember playing Ice Cap Zone as a kid on a really snowy day.

If I don't see you pop on here, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

@MarioLover92 The struggle to play Brawlhalla was real, I'm trying to feel for my buttons. This is why I haven't had too much trouble with the Sonic ports and Crazy Taxi, the simple control schemes make the easy to play. That's understandable, there's only a few I like playing. I haven't tried Mario Kart Tour, I just figure I could just play Mario Kart on my Nintendo consoles.

That sounds like a good Christmas memory. Other games I remember getting on Christmas include Metroid Fusion, Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy (got it because I loved Jimmy Neutron in those days, funny timing since the movie turned 20 years old, it's like Pokemon Snap, but Nickelodeon), Dreamcast with Crazy Taxi and Sonic Shuffle. Definitely Pokemon Blue and Gold.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Have a very Merry Christmas and stay safe. Don’t let the world get you down, because it’s better off with you in it!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I was gonna apologise for not having the time to reply to you but I realise you don't have it either. I'd just call it unlucky circumstance, but I hope you're having a fantastic holiday season. Hope you have some decent income screenwriting a successful function! We've been juggling hotels like hot potatoes, we actually managed 31 hours and 2100 kilometres in the car over three days.

TheJGG wrote:

We got through border control after half an hour of goose chasing, going to and from immigration centres, and waiting for family members to stamp their fingers properly on a biometric scanner. It was then followed by eight hours of driving through the deserts of Saudi, and most of it wasn’t breathtaking to be honest. One’s back certainly hurts after not moving for that long but the catharsis of getting out of the car after such a long ride was just purifying.

Our trip's been alright but things have certainly happened for us.

TheJGG wrote:

The country we tried to get into introduced new COVID rules three days ago, and we had to fill in a new PCR test form (with a $250 total payment) after being kicked out of the border control site, and driving halfway back to town (two hour drive) because the site wasn't working. It then took two hours to get through, losing us about three hours total. It was never mentioned until we got to the border, and the guys there spoke pretty abysmal English.

If you've seen the ending of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade... we were there the other day! I do wonder what I'll get for Christmas (+ 4 days), so I'll have to wait an extra week to find out if I'll be able to play Skyrim, NieR, or Dreams by New Year.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

I spent 3+ hours transferring to my white OLED switch yesterday, some of that was learning why I couldn't start a transfer. One hour was copying 158gb of games to the PC so I could format my card to the new Switch. Another hour was copying the Nintendo folder(games) back onto the card. News Flash Nintendo doesn't allow transferring games via microSD card. I tried it twice, and the new switch rejected my newly formatted card after I pasted my Nintendo folder back onto the card. If it use to be possible, I think an update prevents it. What did work: I could only paste my Album folder of screenshots and video clips onto my sd card. There's no avoiding redownloading games back onto the microSD.(as far as I can see)

@tekoii After today, if you see me on Rocket League for the next week, I won't have my keyboard, because I'll be doing christmas at my brother's.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

I played one of those big claw game thingies and got a giant plushie!

I like to believe that’s the result of several months of accumulated karma with those things.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Sunsy Thanks! I hope the rest of the year goes great for you as well!

@TheJGG Feeling is mutual friendo!

NintendoByNature

The new guy at work was kind enough to give me a raspberry pi as an Xmas gift with tons of games already built in. He apparently did it all himself and put it in a nice nes mini looking shell. Super pumped to try it out.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic