Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,321 to 57,340 of 96,530

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
My Switch was making noisy fan sound in both handheld and docked mode.
I found my Switch made noisy fan sound since after i got ACNH DLC.
But sometimes it didn't make noisy fan sound when being handheld mode.
My Switch is almost 4 years old (i bought on 24 December 2017)

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter Did they replace the fan, or just the thermal paste?

Did Nintendo fix it? Regardless of if Nintendo fixed it, I question if the repair person was able to see the Switch make the fan sound. I know my fan only gets loud booting up certain games connected to internet via wifi. If the repair person didnt' boot up my Switch with Splatoon 2 or Rocket League connected to internet, my Switch won't make the sound, and the repair person could think nothing is wrong.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

Holy cow guys. Today was a complete disaster up until an hour ago. The country we tried to get into introduced new COVID rules three days ago, and we had to fill in a new PCR test form (with a $250 total payment) after being kicked out of the border control site, and driving halfway back to town (two hour drive) because the site wasn't working. It then took two hours to get through, losing us about three hours total. It was never mentioned until we got to the border, and the guys there spoke pretty abysmal English.

What a day!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG Wait, wait, I need to be caught up, Your moving you said? or travel?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Nah, I'm on vacation. We set off two days ago and we drove... about 1,500 miles in three days. Absolutely wicked hours too, about 36 hours in the car over 3 days. The rest... see my above post!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
My Switch got applied by new thermal paste when being repaired.
I don't know if the issue was also from the fan itself.

One thing, i live in Indonesia.
There is NO Nintendo HQ branch in Indonesia (Nintendo never open their branch to Indonesia) so i brought my Switch to local games repair shop near from my place.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@TheJGG Its one hell of a Vacation I'll tell you that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter Replacing the fan may be needed, but that's just my guess. Granted, if they replace the fan, I think that means they'll replace the thermal paste again - that's not a problem, just stating it's part of the job. I think that's right? It's been a while since I watched a Switch fan replacement video.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes My Switch has made that fan noise before, but only occasionally. I got mine on late May 2017. I didn't notice it making that noise the last good number of times I played it, I played in handheld mode most recently. I'm actually thinking of getting a Switch OLED as a birthday present, though. So I'd go from a V1 Switch to a Switch OLED. My birthday is on next month.

@Zuljaras I actually did pretty good in my java programming class, but I'm not super great at C++. (I tend to get really overwhelmed while doing C++, since there's a ton of coding involved.) The other programming language I learned was Visual Basic.NET, which I also did good in.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

chapuH

@TheJGG Sorry to hear that. Sounds like an exhausting pain. Hope you're through the border.

Hope you're having a good day.

VoidofLight

My switch sometimes makes a loud fan noise, but it never bothers me, given that it works perfectly fine.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter No, it hasn't been doing that. My Switch never broke down, either. I've just been playing Mario Party Superstars and everything's been hunky-dory.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I have quick question about PS4 DLC.
How do I see the size of DLC from PS4 Store ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah, I'd love more details on Sonic Origins. I'm especially interested in what they're gonna do with Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Really want to play the Christian Whitehead versions of Sonic 1 and 2, but not on mobile, hopefully Origins will have those. I have that same exact mindset too. I don't trust rumors whatsoever, I just hear about them and move on, until there's an official word about it.

Yeah, I still think the bigger surprise with Sonic 3 & Knuckles that the old Windows 95 version had a different soundtrack. It makes me wonder if it's going to be like Sonic CD since the option to have both the EU/JP soundtrack. Choose between Genesis or PC soundtrack.

Sonic 1 mobile is great, they even added some stuff to levels. Imagine flying in Marble Zone as Tails. They really need to come to modern systems. Can't figure out why they're mobile only as Sonic CD did come out on PC and I believe Xbox and PS3 IIRC.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

I survived my sister's wedding, albeit barely. Everything went very well, very little drama, but I'm still kinda tired. I was very sleep-deprived until finally clocking a little over eight hours of sleep last night; I didn't sleep well the previous two nights and had early mornings to boot. My body finally decided it had enough last night. The migraine that came on yesterday afternoon didn't help. It was good and I had fun, but my family is exhausted lol.

@BruceCM Will do then; I'll be waiting on the Remastered equivalent.

@MarioLover92 Ah yes, Visual Studio is a very common development tool. I've used it many times! Though there are many editors out there, some even customized for certain languages. I prefer free versions most of the time if it's possible. There are many excellent coding tutorials out there, in excellent places like YouTube or courses you can pay for (there are free ones too sometimes), as well as plenty of websites that offer tutorials and pointers. Winforms and the newer WPF applications you can build in VS are a lot like Visual Basic, yep!

On my holidays: Thanks! And to you as well!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic