Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,321 to 57,340 of 57,499

thiz-

@Sunsy Also I just remembered, Microsofts Gamepass is available on Chromebooks. This is probably the coolest as pretty much all Microsoft first party games are included for the sub. Halo Infinite on a smaller Google device sounds really great imo.

thiz-

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Oh yeah I remember that 4-race thing, the game would keep going until those 4 races are over. I also remember how not all courses are available online, you could play like 20 of those rather than the full 32. I think battle mode wasn't even playable online, IIRC. But yeah, I do agree with you. Mario Kart Wii, 7, and 8 definitely handled online better because of that.

Yes, you're never too old for stuff like animation, and of course, Nintendo games. Me and Tyranexx were chatting about amusement park rides for a bit, too. Though, I'm not a big fan of heights, lol. That's cool that Belle made cameos in those two. She's a nice character for sure! Sounds like you're pumped for Turning Red, glad to hear.

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

tekoii

Happy Early Thanksgiving, Turkey, Gobble Gobble Day everyone! May you spend a great and quality time with family and friends! I may be super bz tomorrow, so I definitely want to still be able to greet you all

@WoomyNNYes Ah man, I thought I saw Splatoon 2 brand new on sale. I wanted to buy Splat 2 and Super Monkey Ball but it seems like the sale is over ><; I wanted to really get into Splat 2... too.. XD

@Anti-Matter Hmm. I tried playing ACNH again and it was fun to go back to my ole island but I don't think I will stream it despite what I said earlier. I want to try to get shorter experiences so I can play more games One thing I think you'd be down for is a Stepmania stream or video xD. I've played DDR and the like for a long time, and still like rhythming out to games like it.

@Zuljaras Lmao. Yea, big on both those things actually, party and rhythm lmao! But all good man, different stuff for different people. Cool nonetheless

@MarioLover92 XD When I realized that I was like d'oh!! Did u get to finish LM3 btw?

@Tyranexx Yea, bit of a mess the DLC for SWSH. I didn't even think about Appletun's big bulk. That's cool that you're venturing into new genres of game. It's really important to break outside of what you're comfortable with the gain new experiences Ahhh the ole Ace Attorney series... I've yet to try them either, but always had the fascination with em, well with that and the Professor Layton ><; One day, one day...

@Sunsy Yea.. It's been freezing lately, so outside escapes are bit elusive these days. Totally beating me to the couch comforts! I already miss the warmth of the outdoors T^T.

Edited on by tekoii

👺 SMTV - Live | ▶️ Youtube | 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioLover92

@tekoii I haven't yet. Been too busy with real life shenanigans and ACNH. lol

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

@thiz- That's really neat, I've been playing Halo Infinite's multiplayer on PC and I love it so far.

BTW, I love Doom, hence why I like the whole "can it run Doom" meme. Didn't mean that negatively at all. I love playing id's classic FPSes like Doom and Quake. (I saw your post in This or That)

@MarioLover92 Oh wow, I forgot that some of the tracks weren't online on DS. I think online was just races IIRC.

That's cool, I'm not a fan of heights either, or roller coasters for that matter. Yup, in Ralph Breaks the Internet, Vanellope gets to meet the Disney Princesses, including Belle. In Sofia the First, Belle helps Sofia after her friends got upset for bragging, and Belle helps her make things right. The latter is a Disney Junior show, but I loved it when I watched the series last year. Had some good character development and stories, especially in the later seasons, and some fun little Disney cameos (example, the teachers at Sofia's school are the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty, even Frozen's Olaf made an appearance).

Yeah, I saw the trailer the other day and so far I like how the movie looks. Story looks like it's going to be a fun time, very curious to see how Mei gets use to poofing into a red panda, with a deeper message about dealing with emotions. Kind of like Inside Out in a way, which Pixar also made.

@tekoii Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I was out in the cold earlier, had to get something a family member was delivering. Yes, being indoors during the winter, gaming and watching cartoons, is always something I like to do. Though I'm a bit of a weather geek, so when it snows, I follow the weather on and off when it happens.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
There is DDR Grandprix already out on PC, officially by Konami.
But.... It needs e-amusement.
Read from Konami website about e-amusement.
The songlist is from DDR 1st Mix until DDR A20+ with Blue U/I.
Geez.... Why on PC ?
Why don't PS5 / Switch ?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

tekoii

@Sunsy Thank you Ahh I see... yea it definitely feels like that type of thing with winter. A season where we all retreat and hibernate until we can come out of our caves lol. Ohh I hear that, especially with the snow, such a bright white delight but, too cold for me xD.

@Anti-Matter Woah! What's that!? Definitely gonna look into that now o.o Also yea, I agree... why never on Switch, especially when it comes to games with graphics more simple ><. And AWH. I just read about the E-Amusement... IM NOT AMUSED Konami.. that sounds mega lame from what I skimmed thru. DDR would be awesome to make a come back cause it's such a cultural game in that it has its fans (like us) and it's also still fundamentally different to Just Dance. Still think I wanna do some Stepmania stuff... but idk about copyrights, but meh I wanna do it!!

👺 SMTV - Live | ▶️ Youtube | 🎨 DeviantArt

Tyranexx

First of all, Happy early Thanksgiving to my American compatriots, and to anyone else who happens to celebrate the holiday! To the rest of you, I hope you have a lovely Thursday, Friday, and weekend.

As of this past weekend, I've been jammed into quarantine; both of my parents had it, and now my siblings, who live with them, have it. I have technically been exposed; I'm vaxxed and not too concerned if I do get it. TBH I'm not too bothered with being confined to my home a bit either, and fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I'm capable of working remotely. My at-home setup is fine for short-term work, but longer periods definitely will require more equipment.

Also, I will hold strong against most of the Nintendo eshop sales right now, but I will likely cave on a couple of games. XD

Snatcher wrote:

Screw you absol.

I gotta ask: What was this about?

@Pizzamorg I can relate. I just entered my 30s a couple of months ago. Some days I still feel quite young, other days I feel like I just wanna collapse in bed and sleep. I blame adulting. In any case, happy early birthday!

@MarioLover92 Things like teacup rides, tilt-a-whirls, anything that majorly spins. Gentle spinning is fine. I like many types of amusement park rides, but my favorites by far are roller coasters, followed by drop towers and dark rides. You'd think I'd be more hesitant with drop towers since I've ridden a literal clone of the one that caused a major accident at Kentucky Kingdom back when it was owned by Six Flags, but I love them too much lol. I did manage to visit a theme park near my bday a couple of months ago. There were some crowds, but it was late enough in the year that most rides didn't have much of a wait...unless they were only running one train or in some other limited capacity.

@TheJGG You could say that psychology improved your psyche! Exits stage left

@tekoii I normally go for Pokemon that are better at attacking, but the occasional defensive sponge is fine in my book too. Appletun has been quite the asset since it evolved. The irony is that I own both Ace Attorney Trilogy and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, but I haven't played either of them yet. The former is a physical import of the Japanese version since it has English support (Capcom apparently hates releasing them in non-digital format outside of Japan), and I picked up the latter close to when it launched because I was worried it wouldn't sit on store shelves long. As for Professor Layton, I can certainly vouch that it's a quality puzzle series! I've played the original trilogy and the first game in the prequel trilogy, The Last Specter/Spectre's Call. I hope to move onto Miracle Mask soon.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Sunsy

@tekoii You're welcome. I usually stay home when it snows, just to be safe. I like opening the curtains having snow fall outside, and gaming while it does. I still remember a snowstorm years ago. It was Mario day, I wanted a new Mario game to play. I ended up buying a digital copy of Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, and it was a good time. I did shovel once the snow stopped, but it was Mario for the time I was inside.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I have it now, but at the time I ended up using all my poke balls on trying to catch it, Like the thing just wouldn't get in the ball, no matter what poke balls I threw at it, I was really, really annoyed, because it also took me a bit for me to even find the thing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

Today is National Teachers Day in my country Indonesia so the teachers in my school wear White batik outfits from PGRI.
Also, we have some lunch party at school only for teachers and coincidentally today is Thanksgiving Day.
Bon appetit !

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheJGG

@tekoii I do believe we're all good to go for the moment, so all that's left is to add me on Switch. I'm fascinated to learn your tastes at the moment, because you're getting deep into SMT V and all. Best of luck on that game!

@MarioLover92 In terms of my progress through New Horizons... I don't think there's any tangible progress marker except for... got the credits by getting the 3-star island rating. Is there another kind of marker I've missed? Apart from that I'm on the... umpteenth house expansion, this one costing nearly a million Bells. So... chugging along nicely. All the new stuff in the 2.0 update also helped me get back into the swing of things.

@thiz- My first shot was like that, yeah. Just some arm soreness, which surprised me in terms of that was all it got to. But obviously the second was way worse, and many people here noted how much worse it was in general. I'd say you were lucky, so good you made it through unscathed!

@Tyranexx Well I can't say I was too psyched for all the tests thrown my way. Maybe my teacher didn't appreciate the pun!

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (NS)
Disco Elysium (NS)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Losermagnet

Happy Thanksgiving to those whom observe 😁 and a happy regular day to the rest. Hope everyone has been well. I'm seeing a lot of holiday profile pics now and I'm diggin' it.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Anti-Matter

Yesterday was a birthday of my boy Wolfgang in ACNH (25 November 2021).
Happy birthday, Wolfgang !
Untitled

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Tyranexx

@Snatcher I feel your pain. At least it didn't flee like some legendary Pokemon in the earlier games. You could use strategies to make them stay put, but once they fled or, even worse, fainted....Pokemon G/S/C taught me a LOT about saving.

@TheJGG I was never very psyched about tests either. The good news is that you're done!...for now.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

MarioLover92

To everyone who celebrates it, Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you all have a safe and healthy one.

@tekoii I'm close to the end, huh? Good. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish it!

@Sunsy Yeah, that was the one thing that stood out to me in MKDS's online. I had a decent time with it overall, but when Mario Kart Wii came out, I played that online way more. Even got to play with an online friend of mine back then on multiple occasions. I may have to see that trailer myself, it does sound cool. Was thinking of seeing Jungle Cruise on Disney+ as well.

As for that amusement park thing, yeah I did go on a roller coaster with my mom a long, long time ago, when I was like 7. Let's just say that I didn't care for it, lol. It was a wooden coaster, and it was insanely fast, too much for my 7-year-old self to handle. XD I did hear that non-wooden ones are a smoother experience. I just want them to not be too high - that's all I ask. lol

@Tyranexx That's cool, so you're more of a thrill ride person. I only wish I dug stuff like roller coasters more and that I wasn't too much of a scaredy-cat when it comes to heights. XD Yeah, with the teacups and tilt-a-whirls I would need to recollect myself after boarding them. Otherwise, I do like them. I also like bumper cars, merry-go-rounds, and even train rides. That's cool you got to go to a theme park when it was close to your birthday.

@TheJGG That's good to hear. I don't believe so, as far as I know. You do get something cool when you get a 5 star rating, but I'll leave it at that. Yeah, same here with the update.

Losermagnet

There was a Goku balloon during the Macy's Day Parade 😲

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic