Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,301 to 57,320 of 96,532

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah, I'd love more details on Sonic Origins. I'm especially interested in what they're gonna do with Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Really want to play the Christian Whitehead versions of Sonic 1 and 2, but not on mobile, hopefully Origins will have those. I have that same exact mindset too. I don't trust rumors whatsoever, I just hear about them and move on, until there's an official word about it.

@WoomyNNYes Actually it was never pushed back to begin with, at least in the US. Nintendo announced the game on the September direct and right after the reveal trailer, they said it'll be released on spring 2022.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

Final warning: It'll likely be awhile before I respond again. Just a FYI.

@tekoii It really depends on what I get up to at work. Sometimes the mental gears can still take a beating; other times they're giving off smoke. On the wedding: Thanks! She's excited! I'm normally a fairly decent eater and keep processed stuff and fast food to a minimum, but the fact that I like trying new things, particularly if they involve something sweet or salty, doesn't help. It was easier to behave today...then someone brought in donuts. XD I only limited myself to one however. Hard to pass up a good blueberry cake donut.

@MarioLover92 Thanks for the holiday well wishes and the congrats! Good news is, they're off to the Caribbean for a few days and should get back on Christmas Eve. So even if there is any drama, they'll at least get a break. Looking forward to seeing that completed drawing!

TBH I didn't spend too much time in modeling software - mostly Maya, which had a paywall at the time. So I was stuck using it in my college's kitted out lab. I wouldn't mind easing you back into coding basics when the time comes, though I confess the platform I'm most comfortable in isn't very common (PowerBuilder). I do know some C# and enjoy it, but it's not something I use normally and am not well-versed with using frameworks with it. I'd like to delve back into C++, but it's been so long that I'd almost have to start back at square one. I've heard GameMaker Studio 2 is amazing, but I've not used it. Another one for the sandbox pile! I've created a few very simple games, but that was years ago and the tools used are discontinued and unsupported (DarkBasic Pro, Microsoft XNA). The last thing I did was a console-based text game I generated a few years ago called Beg Aunt Bertha. XD It isn't anything extravagant; it's just a small project I worked on in spurts for a few months.

@TheJGG Perhaps I'll probably write an abridged version at some point. XD Let's just say there's a divorce, misunderstandings, adults not acting like adults, and some bullying involved. I've joked I could probably write a soap opera script. Appreciate the well wishes, really hoping the day is eventful in just the good way.

Looking forward to reading about your trip when I do get back to the site! Edris Elba would make a great Bond candidate I think, though I admit I've never been very invested in the franchise. He could definitely pull it off IMO. Turns out he's been in other movies I at least know of but haven't watched. Agreed on Xbox from both a sporting and wallet view, though from a business view it makes perfect sense. I'm not into many of Bethesda's properties, but it will be a shame to lose out on newer Elder Scrolls titles. I own but still need to play Skyrim, and I'd at least like another shot at Oblivion after trying it on a relative's 360 back in the day.

On the cover: No prob! I take it the work was rushed to try to beat the Logic expiration? I hope you're able to renew the sub; you're clearly putting some good work into it!

@BruceCM I figured the LIS titles were on other platforms, but for some reason I didn't think mobile platforms would be part of that list. I've heard of the show but haven't seen it (Don't really stream TBH), but it seems to have many fans.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Yep, Life Is Strange & Before the Storm are on Android/ iOS, @Tyranexx .... Pretty sure they're on XBox & PS consoles as well as Steam, too! But if you haven't played them yet, might as well wait for the remastered versions coming up

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

Day one of our road trip. We got through border control after half an hour of goose chasing, going to and from immigration centres, and waiting for family members to stamp their fingers properly on a biometric scanner. It was then followed by eight hours of driving through the deserts of Saudi, and most of it wasn’t breathtaking to be honest. One’s back certainly hurts after not moving for that long but the catharsis of getting out of the car after such a long ride was just purifying.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG My drive to my grandparents was 12.5 hours, but that's in the US, so no country borders to mess with. But man, it's a long one. So, what will you be doing there, visiting people, seeing something, work, delivering a single piece of mail, or are you just in it for the love of border crossings?

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes Well I mentioned we were going through Saudi to get to Jordan. All the driving means we can hit multiple destinations and control the pace, but obviously we’re a bit stuck if any borders close. We’d just ditch the car in that case.

So to answer; seeing something!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah you're welcome! Glad to know that your sister's excited. Thanks - the program I used for C++ coding was Visual Studio 2015, and I still have it. Never took any classes for C#, but I did see a YouTube video on how to make C# programs. I dabbled with that language for a bit on VS, IIRC it looked similar to visual basic in that you'd program a whole application with buttons, text boxes, and the like. Yeah, I did hear good things about GMS2, I'd love to start using it like next year or so. I would like a tutorial of some kind, of course. No worries on taking a while to respond. Have a safe, healthy, and wonderful Christmas/holiday in advance. (Same goes to everyone who reads this!)

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Snatcher

@TheJGG Aw ): It wasn't even fun to see the sights after all that? bummer, I hope it gets better from here!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Zuljaras Oh that's really good to hear! I have taken a java programming class back in college.

VoidofLight

I don't really get the people who want a new switch model right now, given that there's a massive shortage of Semi-conductors, and there's no sign of it letting up. It's gotten so bad that some companies are selling graphics cards that were made 6 years ago. MMO's like Final Fantasy XIV can't upgrade servers to allow more people to play at one time, and the PS5 and Series X constantly have stock problems (Same with the switches). This gen will probably last the longest, given the fact that Nintendo probably won't be able to produce any new hardware for a while. At least until the Crypto trend dies, and graphics cards can be produced in full again.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Atomic77

I got the switch lite pictured in my avatar for christmas in 2019. Im hoping to get a normal switch or oled someday. I had one as one of my wish list items for this year. Im actually having christmas early this year on Sunday the 19th because my stepmom is going to be gone for the holidays. Im going with my real mom on Christmas Day.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Snatcher

@VoidofLight People really do seem to think that if we get a new switch model, it will Some how, Be so much better graphic wise, and i'm not saying that can't happen, because it can, its just, yall will just find something else to complain about.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher People will end up complaining that it'll end up not being 4K. Personally, I'm hoping the next model/next gen console will end up being a while, given that I can't really get ahold of a new console at the moment, and scalping would be awful if Nintendo did somehow get the parts needed.

Atomic77

It's all because of the darn COVID situation that companies are having issues. hopefully in 2022 and beyond things will start to get better.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

VoidofLight

@Atomic77 Given that the shortage with the conductors isn't just COVID related, I doubt it's going to get much better any time soon. The shortage is partially because of COVID, but mostly because of Bitcoin Miners who are trying to get ahold of the cards in order to destroy them for more Bitcoin.

Anti-Matter

Um...
I have question about Nintendo Switch machine.
My Switch was still making noisy fan sound even it got repaired by applied with new thermal paste.
I'm afraid the noisy fan sound will damage my Switch gradually.
Was it the fan problem or something ?

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Zuljaras Oh that's really good to hear! I have taken a java programming class back in college.

If you are a programmer you will have no issues at all. But Java is close to C#. Java Script is different in many ways

I say that if I, a 100% non-programmer, could write code in GML than anyone could do it!

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter My launch-day switch has made this sound in handheld mode for a minute or so after booting up Splatoon 2 & Rocket League with wifi on. Is this the sound? I don't know if it's actually bad, or just a minor annoyance. My console is almost 5 years old, and in the past year, the fan sound has gotten a bit louder, and may be lasting longer, which has made me nervous.

I got a white OLED for myself a week ago as a replacement. I'm waiting until christmas to open it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic