Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,281 to 57,300 of 96,590

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Walmart said they were dropping them if you got in line for it, stayed in line for a good wile, and you know, Some people got it saying this month, wile others were later like mine.

@Losermagnet 100% spider man and Ratchet and clank, Been wanting to play those games forever, just hope they don't cancel it.

@Sunsy Ah, Well thats all the same reasons I like it, but I think the story modes writing is trash TBH, no body acts like them self's.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I'd love to see gameplay of it too. All we saw was a teaser trailer in that Sonic "direct" video (I forgot what it's actually called lol), and that reveal trailer in TGA. I recall hearing rumors that they're thinking of remaking the first Sonic Adventure (IIRC, Takashi Iizuka wanted to remake it), maybe they'll have a similar setup to that? With those adventure fields and action stages.

I like Team Sonic Racing as well, it's easily the most unique kart racer I've played. I also like its courses and the soundtrack is amazing.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Teksetter

Hello @CANOEberry , my favorite northern furred fruity friend, and thank you for the kind message! It's been ages! Of course I welcome word from you! I hope you've been well up there.

I've soldiered on here in the NL comments sections in your absence and people here have been civil and nice enough, though somehow I managed to antagonize a longtime reader without ever having communicated with her in the least! She is a longtime reader here, someone whose comments I've admired for years, but at some point this fall her posts turned invisible to me. I imposed on another longtimer to liaise for me, and after inquiry it turned out she'd put me on ignore! It seems we fell on opposite sides of a topic and she blocked me pre-emptively. I offered apologies and I think I was unblocked after that. But trifling as it was, the whole experience kind of shook me in a sad way and I withdrew a bit. No more posting when in a bad mood during work breaks! And I try to avoid posting on non-game-related or controversial topics much.

Other than that, I've just been busy with the annual year-end rush at work, woefully delinquent xmas preparations, and glut of tempting video game releases and/or sales. The kiddos are doing well and growing quickly now, at 8 and 10 years old.

CANOEberry wrote:

Did you perhaps have a chance to display your paddling prowess? Or acquire a coffee table?

Unfortunately, I never did get out there to paddle, and the only furniture I acquired this year was all in Animal Crossing. But there's always next year!

CANOEberry wrote:

And, not least... has your backlog diminished? 😁

No, sadly, quite the opposite I'm afraid. It's deepened morbidly over the past 6 months. I'm starting to believe I have a compulsion and need professional help. Or at the least stop reading up on all these good game releases so I won't be tempted...

Since you mention her, Kate's work here on NL never fails to get smiles or outright laughs out of me - I highly recommend her article a few weeks ago where she had bots create Nintendo news headlines. And then she forced bots to write scripts for an Ace Attorney case! She even appeared in a Zion video and spoke at length about Animal Crossing. I didn't detect a Canuck accent, so she is probably still working on becoming une vraie Canadienne.

Well, it's always a treat hearing from you - please feel free to reach out anytime! Till then, take care and if we don't speak sooner, Happy Holidays!

Edited on by Teksetter

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Anti-Matter

So i was wondering if Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex PS2 easy enough for me or it was still as hard as Trilogy N'Sane ?

Untitled

Crunch Bandicoot from Wrath of Cortex version was the best looking of him. I like his muscular looking to be honest. 😍

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Its the same thing, It might be easier because of the jump physics, but other then that its the same game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

jedgamesguy

We're going on a road trip into Saudi Arabia in two days and I began loading books into my Kindle for the upcoming ten hour car rides. Has anyone read any video game history books? Like "Power-Up" by Christ Kohler, "The Ultimate History of Video Games" by Steven L. Kent, and "Console Wars" by Blake Harris? Not because I need convincing, I've read all of them cover to cover, but wondering if anyone has also read them.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG I have read Ultimate History of Video Games and I still have it. I don't have the other two you mentioned though, but I do have a couple of "History of Nintendo" books by Florent Gorges. One shows off what Nintendo did when they made playing cards and toys, the other being all about their Game & Watch line. They're nice books to have and read, though the translation is a bit iffy at times.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

tekoii

Been mega busy as always but glad to be here

@WoomyNNYes Lol. Nice sounds like one helluva moment, but hey you won out! Nice, dude you're super close to getting that explosion! Seriously one of the coolest explosions thus far. You'll have that along with that one explosion... that one explosion that still yet eludes me. Oh btw, you're a big fan of Splatoon I take it? I still wanna play Splat 2.. but no big sale :/

@TheJGG Seriously sick dude. I love how you made it subtle and ambient. It echoes your want to experiment which is super dope. Really awesome start with it man, keep it up!! It'd be cool if you did some battle tracks too though ^^!

@Snatcher Ahh, that's not bad. Trust me, I've died plenty of times on just the mines levels. That's part of the game, understanding the mechanics and what not to do helps a lot. You'll make it through just gotta keep the runs going and actively improving.

@Tyranexx Ahh right, def sounds like you were busy. Plus side is, you really didnt miss out on much in terms of Nintendo stuffs. I'm down with digital too but not with weird half physical games lol. How's your Laytoning going XD?

@Sunsy Ahh thats awesome, you got a thing going! I never got to see the original Sonic movie yet, which seriously makes me want to watch it with what I've seen in that trailer. I see.. I heard Apex is a bit blurry on Switch but hey, if I were a fan I'd be happy to have the game at ALL on it.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I have a lotttt of hours in Splatoon 2. I thought that game looked too family friendly, "It can't be good". I was totally going to skip it. But, my friend nagged me, said I really have to try it. I'm really glad he did. It became one of my all time favorite games. The single player story isn't deep, but the guns & mechanics are great, and the levels are really charming & fun. And of course there's the online modes, Turf War, Salmon Run, etc..

Not on sale? Have you even you been looking?😃 It's been on sale plenty since thanksgiving - every time I've looked, in fact. If you missed it, you missed it. Oh well. Most big retailers have it on sale right now for $50(physical), and offer price match guarantee, if your preferred store doesn't have the sale.

eshop has it on sale right now $41.99
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/splatoon-2-switch/

Target has both digital and phsyical on sale.*
$41.99 Digital
$49.99 physical
https://www.target.com/p/splatoon-2-nintendo-switch/-/A-52161...

edit: Amazon also has digital on sale for $41.99.
https://www.amazon.com/Splatoon-2-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B073J2Y9...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Ahh lol figured! I'm really lookin forward to it, the single player + dlc, and the multiplayer stuff. What interests me a lot is the world, characters, and mechanics. It really looks like fresh Nintendo stuff, that I just haven't gotten the chance to get into yet. I said I haven't found any big sales. I'm looking for like -$30 or less. I missed out on the sale on BF where Nintendo games were like $26 or something like that? Tryna get the physical for this game despite the missing dlc. But yea, it'd be cool to play with ya once I'm done with the single player stuffs though.

Tyranexx

Welp, the holiday craziness officially begins for me this weekend, so it's likely this thread (and the forums in general) won't see much of my avatar until on or after Christmas when I have a little downtime. My sister is getting married this weekend (fingers crossed for no drama from the groom's family; HOOOOO boy could I write a novel but will refrain from doing so), then the usual holiday craziness kicks off near and around Christmas. My job is also doing a quiet party for our office, mostly appetizers and drinks at a local business. Normally the whole company would be in on it in a huge reception hall, but they're wisely keeping everything per regional office this year. I've been trying to behave with all the sweets and snacks that are showing up on a daily basis both at work and outside of it with limited success.

@MarioLover92 Splitting the drawings up by month is a great idea too! Yep, hot chocolate is more seasonal, not so much holiday-related. Heck, I'll even drink it for a rare treat when it's warm lol. Seconded on the busy; my holiday craziness officially kicks off this coming weekend. Points to above

I agree, noses aren't fun either; it's why, in the few drawings I've done of subjects, the faces are turned at a certain angle or obscured by hair or some other element. Definitely raring to draw that piece now since it's still relatively fresh on my mind, but no time now lol. I've dabbled a little in game design; I code for a living, and I've messed around with Unity a little. It's been many years since I've touched the latter however. I'm also NOT talented at creating 3D models and skins. I've always been much better at coding and making things happen.

@TheJGG Yeah, that evening got away from me. Though to be honest, I was so underwhelmed with last year's presentation that I wasn't overly excited for this year's. It sounds like it was a little better at any rate. I have little investment in Sonic, but I really enjoyed the trailer! I'm glad they're using Colleen Villard, and I had no idea Idris Elba was voicing Knuckles until then; I loved his performance as Bloodsport in The Suicide Squad.

Hellblade II is currently out of my reach as well. Shame, because it does look very good. I'll likely pick up Senua's Sacrifice at some point on the Switch on sale. My apologies; I was under the impression you'd played LiS in some form. I must've misconstrued your Steam experience with the first chapter for an entire game. I don't blame you for holding out for the Remastered collection.

Love the Tantal Night cover by the way. I haven't played XC2 yet, but (like its predecessor) I've come across some of the soundtrack. Enjoy your road trip!

@tekoii Heh, I'm still busy. XD Points to beginning post text I don't feel like I missed out on much from the TGAs. Sure, it would've been cool to see a few things live, but I still think three hours is way too long a runtime. The Laytoning is going well, though I haven't played since this past weekend. I'm either too mentally drained after work lately for brainteasers or would rather continue my Pokemon Shield file.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

tekoii

@Tyranexx It really be like that sometimes ><; Ahh I see.. I think I'd gravitate toward pokemon too after the mental games at work. Big Gratz again for your sis! Dang I totally feel you on those snack traps. Snack traps everywhere 🤪 Though, I have made a choice to get back into the whole diet and fitness, I even spoke about it on stream. Some of my subs said they may want to get healthier as well which I'm super happy about. Fight them snack traps back Tyra (pulls out vacuum) lol!!

Anti-Matter

I need some quick review about MLB Power Pros Wii and 2008 Wii version.
Untitled
Since these are the only USA version of Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball games and i have little experience in playing baseball game from Little League World Series Baseball 2009 Wii, do you think MLB Power Pros games are suitable for me ?
What other modes i can dig in from those games ?
I was thinking about the gameplay mechanism from hitting the ball, throwing the ball, unlockable things, etc.
And what about Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball on PS3 & PS4 version with Japan version only ?
Are they just reskinned version from previous games with very few additional new contents ?
I don't play annual sport games like FIFA / MLB / NHL / NBA / etc as i never have any interest with those games except for cartoonish baseball games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Best of luck on that holiday craziness of yours, and congrats to your sister on her wedding. Yeah, absolutely - drama's never fun to deal with. I try to avoid that as much as I can. Hopefully I'll find the time to start drawing tomorrow or so! Or, at the very least, doing some practice sketches.

The only time I've ever made 3D models was back in high school. That's pretty much it lol. That's cool you're good at coding - I'm not super great at it myself. Just a thought, perhaps you could help me out on it sometime whenever I come back to programming. Not at this very moment, of course, we can get really busy at points so no pressure. My brother told me about GameMaker Studio 2. Whenever I get, you know, not busy, I could take a deeper look at it. The closest I ever got to making a game was a simple text adventure with C++. I played the demo of Game Builder Garage, too.

@Anti-Matter Just so you know, you probably won't get many responses because I, and potentially many others, haven't played or even seen them. The closest I ever got was playing Wii Sports baseball like once or twice. (My favorites in Wii Sports were tennis, bowling, and golf.) But if you liked that other game you mentioned, I guess there's no harm. Yeah...never cared about the more realistic sports games either.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Well, my gaming interest are mostly different than majority users here.
Some users here are keep going into Nintendo 1st party games while i keep busy to get into certain 3rd party games since 3rd party games from either Nintendo or Sony machines shaped my gaming interest.
As i browsed some games from internet to look for never before played games, sometimes i was curious with some random games i found.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

MarioLover92 wrote:

I have read Ultimate History of Video Games and I still have it. [...] I do have a couple of "History of Nintendo" books by Florent Gorges. One shows off what Nintendo did when they made playing cards and toys, the other being all about their Game & Watch line.

I swear, The Ultimate History of Video Games has got to be the single best piece of writing I've ever encountered on the gaming industry. The author has immense insight and the hundreds of interviews he conducted to get the sheer amount of first-hand knowledge this book is bursting at the seams with... is marvellous. Since you're a fan of Mario predominantly I would recommend "Super Mario", although if you don't like being patronised then don't read it! Console Wars is basically Mario v Sonic from SEGA's perspective. Cool read but almost all of the dialogue is made up and written by a journalist, not an author, and it shows. "Power-Up" is great though, it's all about Japanese video games.

@tekoii Those are some admittedly astute appraisals indeed, so I tip my proverbial hat to you, because you're right, I've tried to stray from percussion-based songs, and songs that lack subtlety. I've done a fair few battle themes in the past; most of which I haven't posted onto YouTube. Some that I've posted, though, are Battle With Seymour from Final Fantasy 10, Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time, which as you may or may not know, has dynamic scoring whenever you're in the area.

Come to think of it every Zelda game since has also had dynamic scoring. Twilight Princess has brass sections for when you're on horseback, Skyward Sword has percussion for when you're in the sky in combat, and the regular combat theme also has lots of different beats for when you're low on health, etc, and Breath of the Wild's score is like a pulsating being in of itself. Watch this, actually, it's a great video that enlightened me.

I also covered Final Fantasy VI's battle theme if that tickles your fancy.

@Tyranexx Don't feel discouraged about writing that novel, it'd be better storytelling than half the books people put out nowadays. Either way I hope you enjoy the wedding and that everything goes as it should. At the time of writing I'll be setting off on our road trip tomorrow, but I'll definitely have time to do a small write-up to enlighten people how it's going. Could be a really cool travel diary mini-book.

I'll have plenty to think about during the time in the car, but some of the stuff TGA presented certainly caught my attention too. In terms of Sonic 2, there's lots of rumblings in England that Idris Elba could be a potential James Bond candidate in future. In terms of acting, personality and competence I would happily take that over any other shenanigans MGM have, he would bring the suave and cool element into overdrive. His voice is quite recognisable so if you didn't know him then, now you do!

Xbox's act this year has been really Nintendo or PlayStation-esque, buying companies and looting their games as exclusives and incentive to buy their console. It's not great from a sporting view but business wise they'll have a lot of adopters just for Hellblade II, which for them is incredible. Shame Elder Scrolls, DOOM, et cetera won't grace NS, PS consoles but ah well. We still have Skyrim, which I've asked for Christmas.

And as for my cover, thank you! I managed to finish it a few days ago, but I'm going to wait to release the whole thing until I've come back from my holiday. I should be able to redo it in Logic and it'll therefore sound much better. It's a bit rough around the edges because of how much I rushed it!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

I've played the Life Is Strange games on Android, @Tyranexx .... Great games & since there was a bundle to include the remaster collection with True Colours on Steam for next to nothing, I'll be replaying those & getting on to the other one there

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG I'd probably dig Power-Up. Thanks for the heads-up, I don't like being patronized so that book won't get a read from me. Not sure if Console Wars interests me too much either, based on what you've told me. I do have "Sega Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works" - straight from the UK, which shows off Sega's history during the Genesis/MD days, as well as a bunch of illustrations and interviews. Pretty good book IMO.

Sunsy

Been a few days, so quoting to reply.

Snatcher wrote:

@Sunsy Ah, Well thats all the same reasons I like it, but I think the story modes writing is trash TBH, no body acts like them self's.

I honestly can't remember much of the story. I did play the game without the day one patch, and unlocked Amy... then the patch unlocked everyone for quick race. Wanted to see how much I could play without it patched, it was surprisingly polished.

Most racing games, I tend to play for racing more than story. Will admit, really liked Sonic Riders story.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy I'd love to see gameplay of it too. All we saw was a teaser trailer in that Sonic "direct" video (I forgot what it's actually called lol), and that reveal trailer in TGA. I recall hearing rumors that they're thinking of remaking the first Sonic Adventure (IIRC, Takashi Iizuka wanted to remake it), maybe they'll have a similar setup to that? With those adventure fields and action stages.

I like Team Sonic Racing as well, it's easily the most unique kart racer I've played. I also like its courses and the soundtrack is amazing.

Yup, I thought that mark in the ground Sonic made was a "ZAP" in that Sonic Central video. That reminds me, I want details on Sonic Origins. Give me info on the Sonic 1 game I'm gonna buy for the 10th time, lol. Actually, more excited for a more modern Sonic CD release. I remember seeing some rumors, but I tend to have this "wait for something official" mindset, mostly because of how easy it is to make up stuff online.

I agree, I love the soundtrack in the game, some nice remixes of Sonic music. I loved hearing some of Sonic Unleashed's soundtracks.

tekoii wrote:

@Sunsy Ahh thats awesome, you got a thing going! I never got to see the original Sonic movie yet, which seriously makes me want to watch it with what I've seen in that trailer. I see.. I heard Apex is a bit blurry on Switch but hey, if I were a fan I'd be happy to have the game at ALL on it.

I saw the first movie in theaters, I loved it. Definitely one of the better video game movies IMO.

I'm happy to have it on Switch. I play on PC, but the Switch version is great for the times I want to relax on my bed and play some Apex. Still impresses me Panic Button ports all these games over to Switch.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

Ah, man. I didn't know Kirby Forgotten Land release got pushed back . This whole time, I've been thinking a new game was coming December 31. Now that I think about it, Dec 31 was probably the placeholder for TBA. Booooo.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic