Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,741 to 56,760 of 96,483

reporterdavid

@Anti-Matter Thank you. I look for inspiration at other peoples islands. I got the request to open my gate on discord now and then. Just want to open up. And if people give bells, I want to invest in the island to be a place for others to enjoy.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

MarioVillager92

It's not quite the holidays yet, but I went ahead and changed my profile pic and banner to something more festive anyway. Noticed that a few people here are gearing up too, so why not?

@Sunsy Gotcha. So it's only doable for certain games. Whenever I get around to signing up for GOG I'll take a look and see what I can add.

@tekoii I kinda wanna do that with New Leaf honestly, I've been putting it off again since New Horizons' 2.0.0 update. Not sure if I can handle playing two Animal Crossing games at once. XD

@reporterdavid You have a great night as well!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I chose mine early because I'm excited for Trolls: Holiday in Harmony next Friday, so changed it to Christmas themed Poppy from the special.

That's correct. It's all up to the publisher letting GOG put the game on GOG Connect, so more or less it's like a limited time offer kind of thing.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Um....
My Nintendo Switch fan is making noisy buzz sound when being playing.
Is that indication of some dust inside the fan ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Could you record the noise for me?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
The sound was like strong spinning fan.
I'm playing Nintendo Switch in dock right now but I guess my Nintendo Switch is still working fine.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Does it still do this in handheld?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Good to know, thanks! Oh that's cool - your profile pic looks nice. Thought it'd be a good time to change my pic, and I'll be having my Christmas tree and decorations up after Thanksgiving. I like this render of Mario, too, with his earmuffs and scarf.

@Anti-Matter Sometimes my Switch sounds like a regular, working fan while I play, if I were to describe it. It's most noticeable in handheld mode. My laptop does the same thing. I just played my Switch for a bit in handheld mode and it didn't make that sound, so I would think it's okay. If it helps, I put my Switch in my carrying case after I turn it off. I don't recall hearing a "buzzing" sound on my Switch, but I'd say if it's constantly happening to you, you'll probably want to contact Nintendo about it.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

Snatcher wrote:

@Anti-Matter Does it still do this in handheld?

Yup.

@MarioLover92
There is No Nintendo HQ or branch office in Indonesia.
The only way by bring the machine to my local video game repair shop.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Well for now just put some compressed air up in there and see if it fixes the issues.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I see...that's lame, then. I would imagine it's a hassle to ship your console directly to any of Nintendo's regional headquarters too. International shipping might be pretty expensive, I think. About that repair shop, do the guys over there repair Switches as well? Hopefully they know their stuff when it comes to the Switch hardware.

Also, have you been using the save data cloud? You're gonna want to back up your save data for all your games before you take your Switch to repairs. Same thing with your New Horizons island. If you've already been using the save data cloud for all your games, as well as enabling island backup (you should see a recent date and time at the bottom left corner of the ACNH title screen, that means your island's protected), you're golden.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 You're welcome. Thank you, your render of Mario looks festive too. I plan to put the tree up during the week, and decorate after Thanksgiving. I do have my stocking out early, but that's mostly because I had to clean the dust off it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Luckily, in Indonesia there are some peoples have ability and knowledge to repair video games so I can bring to my local video games repair shop.
Mostly the repairman here able to fix almost kind of video games, both original and modded machines.
One thing, I usually display my Switch on the self with Wii U gamepad stand and I don't cover the machine with anything. Do I need to cover my Switch with small handkerchief to prevent the machine catching dust ?

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Thanks! That's cool. We have the tree down now, we just have yet to place it in the living room. I recently got that Cape Mario ornament in the mail, got that at Nintendo's online store. I have yet to take a picture of it, though.

@Anti-Matter That's good, sounds like they know what they're doing then. I'm not sure, honestly...as long as that handkerchief is clean and not dusty, I suppose you could do that. I'd probably recommend some kind of carrying case over it though, one that's specifically made for the Switch, like the one I have. Keep us posted on that fan noise thing, whether it happens or not. If it's only happening occasionally I don't think you need to worry too much.

Takeawaydj

So cool to visit your island! @reporterdavid
I need to visit more island. Sometime forget animal crossing is al about meeting other players.

SW-5214-8495-9702

Sunsy

I was thinking about this feature while playing Super Mario 3D World this morning, did anyone ever make use of Wii U's "off TV" feature or have any interesting stories involving it?

Funny story came to mind, Christmas 2014, my brother gave me Sonic Boom for Christmas, and he started talking to mom while standing in front of the TV. He knew I had a Wii U, but never seen me play it, so he thought it was crazy how I was playing my game on the gamepad when he was standing there.

I also remember using it to play Wii U games in another room, did this with New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic Lost World one day. For some reason, maybe I lucked out, I had good reception from my room to the living room with the gamepad.

@MarioLover92 You're welcome. Very cool and sounds like a plan. I'm going to wait to take a picture of my Sonic and Tails one, I have a couple of Nintendo related ones which includes Mario Kart Mario, Yoshi, and Princess Peach. I think a picture of them on the tree would look nicer.

reporterdavid

@Takeawaydj Yeah. it has to be a place for all!

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I didn't touch my Sonic Lost World 3DS since i bought in March 2021.
It was really hard to pass the world 1-2. 😑
I constantly fell down to bottomless pit and run out of Sonic life.
It gave me bad impression for me as casual gamer.
And Sonic Generation PS3 was pretty hard too.
Geez... Sonic games are never easy to play.

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@Anti-Matter Hmm darn, I thought maybe that might be something implemented. Ahh okay, so the reactions are tied to the villager archetypes. It kinda felt that way when I was playing XD. There's a lot in any Animal Crossing game, but it looks like I may need you guys help as I start up again, especially with everything they added. I'm actually pretty hyped to start playing already, but I gotta wait till I do have the time proper, prolly by around New Years. I need ACNH relaxation by 2022

@WoomNNYes Oooh, darn. You should man, it's a bunch of fun playing with folks on there!

@MarioLover92 Dual Animal Crossing. That sounds like overdoing life a little lmao! Living 3 lives? XDD

I love everyone's new profile pictures, really gives the feeling of the holidays Especially with @Zuljaras awesome VG ornaments ^^!!

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Sunsy

Friend and I played Super Mario 3D World online. Credit where credit is due, netcode wasn't bad with that one. My friend and I had very little lag.

@Anti-Matter Yeah, Sonic games requires reflexes to get through certain areas. Maybe Sonic games might not be your thing, there are lots of different games to play. I love the series, at least you gave it a try.

@tekoii Chose to do mine early as I'm looking forward to the upcoming Trolls: Holiday in Harmony special. It's a picture of Poppy from the trailer, wearing a festive outfit. I do already have outdoors lights up, mostly did it on the warm day a few weeks back. Right now, it's cold where I live.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic