Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,681 to 56,700 of 57,531

Tendo64

Anti-Matter wrote:

Untitled

Raymond didn't want to share his sandwich and it made me cry....

Owwww its ok. ;(

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, the bit I tried from what I remember, it was the layout of Emerald Hill Zone, but was done in the art style of Green Hill. That was all I tried at Toys R Us back then.

@reporterdavid You're welcome, hope it was a good birthday.

@tekoii Yeah. This is another reason why I don't see the Expansion Pack worth it. I could see paying more if it offered more, like GBA too. However, I still question Genesis games because of the collection on Switch, the Sega Ages Sonic games, not to mention I have Sonic 1 on almost everything from the GameCube and GBA to the Wii and DS, to even my PC and phone. I have too many ways to play classic Sega stuff.

Definitely, it works great with all the games I have, I also like Direct Input lets me use the controller tool. Was useful for games that let me remap keys to my gamepad.

@Ninjalaislit Ok, yeah that was a worry for me as I left a lobby once, but wasn't in the game yet. This was during the game's early days IIRC. I think I was the only few in the lobby at the time. Normally I don't disconnect from games.

I like what Paladins does, if the game crashes, it brings me right back to the game to finish it. More online games should do that. Disconnects can happen on accident, not everyone is a spoil sport trying to avoid a loss.

Sunsy

TheJGG

@Ninjalaislit Oh no! Sorry about that! I’ll find it soon and reply as soon as I can. I’ve been busy with work too, so I’ve struggled to get longer answers out. My apologies.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (NS)
Disco Elysium (NS)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Eel Same LOL.

Power was out all the way from 2.00 to 8.00. like WTF? Most boring day ever LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

I'm working on my hand drawings about my alter ego David, it will be posted here on my birthday 30 October 2021 and Halloween.
Two completely different version of my alter ego as also a request from somebody here to see my different side.

BTW, I want to ask your suggestion if someday I pick Ni no Kuni, should I pick the PS3 version instead than PS4 version to save some GB on my PS4 Slim since my PS4 machine has 175 GB remaining ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Blooper987

Nichijou is back Yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I've been this surprised and overwhelmingly happy in a while!!!

Fingers crossed this could mean a season 2 of the anime

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Sunsy

@Blooper987 Actually, I thought of you the other day. I was checking the Sonic YouTube channel for any new videos and this popped up...

I'm guessing you seen it, as someone who loves Sonic and enjoys Korone's content, I loved this.

Sunsy

Blooper987

@Sunsy Korone is just the best! She's funny, nerdy, and adorable Thanks for linking me that video!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Sunsy

@Blooper987 I agree. You're welcome. I actually started watching her Sonic Adventure playthrough recently. It's cool she's doing it on an actual Dreamcast, I like how most of the time she uses the original systems.

Sunsy

tekoii

@Sunsy So much of what you say is true. Us Nintendo gamers really wanted Nintendo Legacy not a random Sega Console. You're so right about the Sega stuff kinda being everywhere already lmao. Again, it's nice to have as a nice extra side app or something, but to gloss over the GBA family in favor of Genesis? If Nintendo really paid premium to get the Genesis bit, I think they made a pretty poor choice. Alas, guess we gotta wait for GBA stuff to potentially happen at all. Oh and for the controller stuffs, yea X-Input is the definitely more commonly used in PC games over D-Input. I literally wanna buy an Xbox Controller for PC for that reason. Oh and you're post about that Vtuber made me look it up and find something called Steam Avatars which seems cool for streamers lol.

Edited on by tekoii

👺 SMTV - Live | ▶️ Youtube | 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioLover92

@tekoii The Scott Pilgrim game's pretty good, though it's really tough, lol. The first time I played it, I got a game over at the first boss and I had to start all the way back at the beginning, but at least I get to keep my experience points and money. Love its music and 8-bit aesthetic too, I'm a sucker for retro visuals. Yeah, Metal Slug Tactics looks like an interesting game. I don't really play a whole lot of strategy games though.

@Sunsy Yeah that's what it looked like from the screenshots/footage I've seen. I don't recall seeing a Neo Geo Pocket Color in person back in those days, lol. It was always Game Boy at the time, especially back in my elementary school days when Pokemon first made it big. Saw one person who had a Game Gear, too.

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Speaking about Tactics, currently I continued my Evoland 2 PS4, an indie RPG game with multi genre on it so sometimes you will play in NES / SNES / 3D style JRPG, sometimes you will play in Street Fighter style, Bomberman style, Shoot me Up style, Beat Em Up style, Puzzle Fighter style, Chrono Trigger style, Tactics style, 2D Metroidvania style, etc.
It was like a parody game from different genres mixed together in one, I enjoyed the game for having cameo from iconic games such as Piranha plant, Zelda like tunes when something being unlocked, some dudes from Mario/Street Fighter/Kingdom Hearts/etc, Saint Seiya Sagittarius gold cloth, Cloud Buster sword, Card game like FF VIII / FF IX style, etc.
You should try Evoland 1 + 2 Legendary Edition and I can guarantee you will laugh at some familiar things.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

WoomyNNYes

North American NSO "server currently undergoing maintenance" - so the Switch said. So, it's coming. Maybe in 15-60 minutes NSO expansion will be live.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)

Sunsy

@tekoii Yeah, it's very easy to find different ways of playing classic Sega stuff. I wouldn't mind Game Boy and Game Boy Color (actually, I was thinking how Pokemon could be done earlier too) as well. DLC is something people who have the game are going to buy anyway.

Didn't know about the avatars, I remember finding Korone last year during a stream she was playing Super Mario 2 (or Super Mario USA). I remember I ended up buying the game on my 3DS shortly after.

@MarioLover92 Yup, it probably was a rare demo unit. I did find one on display at a Toys R Us, and I remember I wanted one just to play Sonic on a handheld, which makes me more thankful for the GBA games. The struggle was real, I had to play on the go Sonic with a Game Gear.

When I got a Switch, I was blown away I was playing Sonic Forces on the go, which was cool since it wasn't a special handheld version.

@WoomyNNYes My guess would have been around 11PM ET, at least that's when Nintendo Switch Online launched back in 2018. At least it's optional this time, unlike last time.

I'm not planning to buy this personally, where as signing up for Switch Online was mandatory for online play. I'm also a PC gamer, so that alone should tell you how I feel about having a paywall on online multiplayer.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Losermagnet

I'm gonna bounce for awhile. But I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween. May your holiday be full of treats (and hopefully not so many tricks 😉)

Untitled

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Tyranexx

Game progress:
1. Luigi's Mansion 3 is coming along nicely. I believe I'm roughly halfway through the story mode.
2. Recently started Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope. Really enjoying it so far, it's challenging but (usually) fair (Seriously, what's up with games and insta-death pits? Just take away some health or something).

P.S. - My local GameStop actually had the Zelda Skyward Sword amiibo in stock when I went to check for a shiny Zacian code for Pokemon Shield, so I'm ridiculously happy.

@tekoii I'm really enjoying Luigi's Mansion 3! It's better than the first game (though I've only played the 3DS port) and ranges from on par with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/2 to surpassing it in some aspects. I agree with your assessment; it's a very beautiful game that's complete with humorous moments, some excellent ghost designs, puzzles, and boss fights, Polterpup ( ), and catchy music. I just finished the 8th floor last session. It's been my favorite one so far and more than made up for how annoying I found the previous plant floor to be.

@MarioLover92 I think some of it too is that there's so many choices when it comes to games these days. This is by no means a bad thing in most cases, but it's hard to weigh different excellent games against each other when trying to decide what to pick up next! XD The proportion of my time vs. income has definitely flipped compared to when I was a kid who had to rely on birthday and Christmas money lol.

@TheJGG Haha, when SE actually gives a damn. XD I completely agree with that statement, especially in regards to the Kingdom Hearts ports. While Cloud versions for the modern entries make sense, they seriously could've put in some effort to port the older titles. Heck, even if they were standard def, I'm sure plenty would've grabbed them.

It's been hard to not get in on part of the Metroid Dread hype, but truth be told I'm somewhat experienced with ignoring FOMO; I've played many games "late" for years. Not always, but it's very rare that I pick up a game within the time frame of its release date unless it's part of a franchise I absolutely love. Hopefully the road bumps in Disco Elysium have smoothed themselves out a little. From what I gather, the game has certainly earned the rewards it picked up around its release.

Really enjoying Luigi's Mansion 3 so far. In terms of charm and humanizing Luigi, it definitely ranks #1 in this excellent spinoff franchise.

@Ninjalaislit I've had people reply to me without warning in very old threads on more than one occasion, so I don't really mind at all. As for our resident Mad Titan, I haven't heard from him in that time frame either. I do hope he's doing well and is just taking some R&R from the internet.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I rarely touched my Luigi Mansion 2 3DS as I remembered it took quite long time to finish 1 mission and you couldn't save the game anytime so it made me lost my appetite to continue the progress of Luigi Mansion 2 3DS.
I'm not sure if I can enjoy Luigi Mansion 3 as I got not really pleasant experience from Luigi Mansion 2, not because of spooky theme but the inability to save the game anytime + very long time to finish 1 mission.
Also, I'm very casual with Luigi Mansion games.
I don't really have some hype to get into the franchise.
Despite i like Nintendo games, but I have more interest with 3rd party games than 1st party games.
ACNH and ARMS are the only my strongest 1st party on Nintendo machine as i have not so high interest or hype for other 1st party games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter While I liked the stage/level approach of Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon, I do agree that the save system was problematic. Luigi's Mansion 3 saves automatically when you go through any door, and if it's been at least ten seconds since your last save. So no save problems here. Overall, I'd say 3 is the stronger game. I quite enjoy the franchise, though it's by no means my favorite.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Sunsy

@Losermagnet Thanks, hope you have a Happy Halloween too. Don't know what I'm doing that day, I'll probably watch some Halloween episodes of cartoons I like, and maybe play a game or something. I did decorate a pumpkin today, so there is that.

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@Sunsy I can't blame you, lol. A lot of the Game Gear Sonic games aren't that great IMO, the only one I really like is the first one. I guess my problem with most of them is how slow they feel. Not to mention, the Game Gear was a battery hog...it took 6 AA batteries and they drain in like 2 hours. Sonic Advance was the first portable Sonic game I had and I really liked it. Reminded me of when I would play Sonic 2 after school when I was 9. That was one of the first Sonic games I ever beat, too, though I didn't beat Advance 2 and 3 until much later.

@Tyranexx Yeah, absolutely. I tend to overthink what I'm gonna play next on my backlog, lol - I found myself going to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe if I can't figure out what to play next! Particularly its online multiplayer. I am glad I have a lot of games, at least - both in physical and digital form. It depends on what kind of game I'm in the mood for, too. Since I'm done with Metroid Dread, I was thinking of playing the Metroid Prime games soon, to make another easy choice for me. I haven't beaten Luigi's Mansion 3 yet, that's another game I could focus on! I do recall getting stuck last time I played. I have finished LM1 and 2.

@Losermagnet We're not quite at that day yet, but Happy Halloween nonetheless.

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic