Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,681 to 56,700 of 96,507

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I think it was a substitute that day, but it was so funny as we all knew exactly what he was doing that day being an Xbox guy, lol.

I still have to play DuckTales, I have the game and picked it up for Wii U shortly before moving years ago. I haven't played any of those, though I think I may have rented that Mickey game on Genesis years ago. I do remember Aladdin on SNES, and I'm happy they're bringing it back with the collection. May wait to see if that goes to GOG, just to have a permanent copy of it on PC.

On the topic of Disney games, I always felt the games based of the Cars movies were solid and fun racing games.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras OMG I love it so damn much!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras looks fantastic. A1

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Sunsy

@Zuljaras That's a really great looking ornament!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

I made a Menu card for drawing lesson grade 1 - 3 yesterday.
Untitled

Untitled

Bon appetit !

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

I saw the DS version of Trials and Tribulations going for a really nice price on Amazon and that rarely happens so I kind of…. Spent money on it.

Makes me wonder if DS game prices will stabilize anytime soon. Probably not, but one can hope. XD I'm not hurting for anything though; I thankfully did most of my collecting back when most prices were less frightening. To think that I bought Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology for only about $30 new, and now it's up to almost $100....At least the original game is still within what I'd call an acceptable range, though that's also above MSRP right now (~$42).

@MarioLover92 Out of curiosity, which time zone are you in? I'm in US/CA Central Time, though Eastern Time isn't too difficult to reach from where I live. I've heard of ordinances in AC, but I didn't realize those could incorporate how long stores stay open. The very idea of a theme park brings out the kid in me; heck, when I go to one, I slide into the mental state of a ten-year-old at times...and I just entered my third decade.

The Zelda Game & Watch offers a lot IMO, more than the Mario G&W. I did almost cave for the latter when I saw it in stock awhile back, but I didn't quite need it. XD I love both series, but I gotta admit that I do prefer the fairy boy in green tights.

@Zuljaras No prob. I hope they were as delicious as they looked, though I'd almost feel ashamed to ruin some of those brilliant designs because of my growling tummy...almost.

@tekoii Yeah, there are a few minor inconveniences, but I'm enjoying my time with Shield overall. The Wild Area is probably my favorite addition. I have the cartridge with the DLC included, so there's also Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra to contend with as well; that certainly isn't a lack of content, though I do understand the complaints of how "barebones" the base games were. The music is also decent,. TBH, other than some pop-in, the graphics haven't bothered me so far. Though I do game in docked mode most of the time lol. While I like nice, shiny, sparkly things, graphics almost never make or break a game for me; gameplay and story usually lend more weight in my mind.

I like Applin, but I was unprepared for its limited moveset before it evolves. That's sorted now; I have an Appletun!

I haven't played many visual novels yet outside of anything related to World of Darkness, and honestly DDLC wouldn't normally be my thing if there wasn't such high praise for it. I know a bit more but am afraid to...erm, type...more in fear of spoilers lol.

I don't mind if you add me on Steam or Switch, though I'll warn you that I use one much more than the other. Mainly because my current laptop isn't up to running some beefier games. Here's my Steam FC: 1248053254

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Yea, I've loved AC since the GameCube one. I just dropped off super hard from ACNH but I do want to go back into it especially as a stream (sounds mega chill). Ahh we are rather opposite on that.. See that's the thing, there's MP5 - 10 that I missed, literally like half the franchise outside of the Switch ones. I do hope they hook us up with that DLC.

@Tyranexx Wow nice, you got the later cartridge with all the DLC. I went day one on Pokemon Sword and I felt burnt with my cartridge at some point so I didn't bother with the DLC. At this point with Pokemon I'm kinda like just waiting on what's next with it and trying to avoid being an early adopter now lol. I'm definitely there with you in terms of graphics. While graphics can definitely be a big plus, I don't think it should be the only metric in focus to decide the overall quality of a game. Ah u got the big boy Appletun huh, I went with little one Flapple. The whole line is cute ^^ I see so you're new to VN or they aren't much your thing. Always good to venture out the and check something new out! Awesome, I'll send you the requests

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Eel

@Tyranexx it might not sound like much of a nice price, but I got it for about $40 US. Being sold directly by Amazon.

It immediately jumped back up to ~$100 right after, so I guess Amazon only had one in stock.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
You will like ACNH with HHP DLC.
You can cook something, makeover villagers houses, recolor the things with Cyrus help, getting new objects, etc.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh I highly recommend playing DuckTales when you get a chance, it's a great platformer, especially for a licensed game. No rush, however.

I think I heard something like that for that Aladdin/Lion King compilation not too long ago. I know the SNES version you mentioned was made by Capcom, that's cool they added that. I did hear it was pretty good. Perhaps the guys at Disney were chatting with them about it or something? Just a wild guess on my part. Never played or had any of those games however, just watched the movies. I may have to get an account for GOG, I only bought PC games from Steam. I think I heard that GOG has DRM-free games?

@Zuljaras Wow that looks awesome! Great work.

@Tyranexx I'm in the eastern time zone. I'm pretty much the same way! I'll be 30 years old in a couple months and I love stuff like theme parks - they, along with many Nintendo games like Super Mario, are the kind of thing that keeps me feeling young and happy inside. And it's better for me in the long run.

I'm kind of the odd one out in that I like Mario just a little more (particularly the main series platformers), so I will admit I'm somewhat biased. XD But I won't deny that Zelda's great and left a massive impact on us, and I'd still love that Zelda G&W! Some of my favorite games are from the Zelda series, after all - A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild are some of my faves.

@tekoii I didn't play Animal Crossing proper until New Leaf on the 3DS - that's how I got into the AC series. I didn't think I would get into AC, yet here we are! Been enjoying the new update for ACNH, as well as the HHP DLC. I'd say if you're really into the game, the DLC is worth it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

VoidofLight

I've been wondering.. how does one set a pfp here to a gif? Is it something you have to pay for, or is it something anyone could set up?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

WoomyNNYes

@VoidofLight You mean, you want your profile picture to be an animated gif?

1. Find animated gif image, save it to your computer/tablet/phone.
2. On nintendolife, go to Account Settings/Profile Settings.
3. For your profile picture, select your saved animated gif file to be uploaded for profile picture.

That'll be ten dollars, please. Send cash. I also accept souls.
35 Nerd Gamer Way
'Merica US, MK8D

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Hopefully I'll get around to it, I still do play my Wii U. I bought it because a friend of mine recommended it.

Yeah, it was a surprise to see them mention it. Yes, GOG is DRM-free. Honestly, I check there first before Steam and other PC stores because of it. I like how I can easily backup the offline installers and play my PC games without needing Internet. This is kind of why I bought Smurfs: Mission Vileaf this way, I pretty much have the game forever.

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes But...I thought gifs were free to use. I guess I was wrong.

@Sunsy That's good, I should get an account there at some point. I do have so many games from Steam however. Apparently, GOG lets you add games that were acquired from other sources, and it'd be cool to have at least a large chunk of my Steam library on my GOG library, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Blooper987

New Pic of Komi cause I relate to her in almost every way. Currently reading the manga and watching the anime and I just have to recommend them! Best thing I've ever read lol

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

WoomyNNYes

Oh, thanks @CactusMan. I just realized, @VoidofLight said profile pic. I thought they meant their avatar photo.

@VoidofLight If you meant your profile page banner pic, if the picture you select isn't a long banner shaped pic, the top and bottom of the picture will get cropped to fit it into the banner area of your profile page. Go to Your Account/Profile Settings/Profile Banner. (You'll notice the pic on my profile page, the biker riding the olympic ramps, his head is cropped off because the site cropped off the top & bottom of the pic.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic