Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,641 to 56,660 of 96,503

Losermagnet

@Anti-Matter North American Midwest. We'll have chances of snow from now until March (maybe after even). You're in Indonesia right? What's your November weather like?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Anti-Matter

@Losermagnet
It's raining here.
Sometimes there were a lot of flying termites swarming around the street in the morning after raining, they were really disturbing. The flying termites oftenly founded dead on water puddle or on the street or anywhere.
I have no idea where did they come from.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Brief update on my health: I am now back to 100% of my full dragon rex hybrid self. Thanks for the concern all!

Glad to see all the Zelda Game & Watch love! It's on my Christmas list, which means it's firmly out of bounds for me to buy until after the holidays if it doesn't show up then. Though I'm jealous that it appears Europe gets the coveted gold coins over the meh platinum coins. I do find uses for the latter, but eshop discounts are more useful in my book.

@MarioLover92 I can also be a bit of a night owl, though not as much as I used to be. I normally go to bed between 11-12 in my time zone. Sometimes earlier or later for various reasons. Weekend nights can be later sometimes. Love the newer pics; looks like that theme park is really coming along!

@Zuljaras While I admit to completely missing the overall context regarding the cake pictures (mostly sticking to replies these days), those do look delicious! I'm not often picky when it comes to cake...though I'm not one for spice cake.

@tekoii I started Pokemon Shield last weekend. While some of the complaints about it and Sword are valid - though TBH I wasn't that bothered with the whole "Dexit" business - I'm enjoying my time with it. I'm three badges in and suspect I'll nab my fourth soon. I finally nabbed the final Pokemon for my planned Galar-only Pokemon team (Impidimp) this morning. Now I gotta find a Sweet Apple to make my Applin more...useful.

I also fired up the original Doki Doki Literature Club on my laptop earlier. Haven't played it before. From what little I do know and have experienced, it's an interesting visual novel. It's pretty lighthearted so far, but non-spoilery context clues tell me there's more to it than meets the eye. It isn't what finally encouraged me to open a Steam account, but I won't deny that getting it for free is a nice perk!

@TheJGG I can definitely relate on the health front, so no problem at all with the delay. Regarding Dune, I admit that post was brief and didn't fully encapsulate my thoughts. I was still chewing on the film then. In fact, it's one of those where I feel I should watch it again to better absorb what's going on. I do wish they'd went into a little more detail about the emperor's designs, but they at least divulge enough for the audience to go on.

Ah...gotta love marketing. You want this! It's new! Look at all the shiny bells and whistles! XD Once the worldwide supply chain issues (hopefully) stabilize a little and I get some purchases out of the way, I'd like to build a PC. Not only for some personal coding and some occasional gaming, but also because I'd like to dive back into tinkering around in Unity. My current laptop fulfills some needs, but it can't properly handle high-end gaming and definitely not rendering.

It's definitely getting cooler here. Fall can't make up its mind some years. Warmer one day, cooler with high winds the next. The high only reached 45 degrees F/~7.2 degrees C today, but with gusty winds it felt closer to 35 F/~1.7 C. Yet it's supposed to get up to 62 F/16.7 C Tuesday. Glad to learn that it's still pleasant where you are! Hope that knee is healing well! It appears you're giving it range of motion without going crazy. You've received some excellent advice.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Absolutely. I like retro games as much as the next guy, but it just makes more sense to see if there's a version of a game I want on the Switch or PC, rather than paying like $100 or more for a much-loved game for an older console. That's smart thinking on your part - I would have done the exact same thing!

Yeah, I've been there too. I have been ridiculed a fair number of times online, for what games I like. It wasn't a fun experience. Same kind of thing happened to me at school - before college, that is. I would be made fun of for liking Nintendo games, for example. Quite a few mean people I had to put up with back then...I'm glad those times are over.

@Tyranexx Yeah, that's when I typically go to bed too. In my time zone, anyway! I even have an ordinance going on my AC:NH island, which is called Night Owl - that has my stores stay open for an hour longer, which really helps my lifestyle. Glad you like my Animal Crossing theme park pictures! It's quite a magical, fun little place, isn't it? Perfect for the child in me - would love to go on all those rides myself.

The Zelda Game & Watch is on my Christmas list, too. I pretty much heard it's better than the Mario one - I saw a couple video reviews of it and it looks like an awesome little Nintendo collectable. I do like the Mario G&W though! Really glad to hear you're 100% better now.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Same, I've actually gotten to play Neo-Geo games because of PC. Love Twinkle Star Sprites, never heard of it until I stumbled across it during a GOG sale. Felt good playing a Neo-Geo title, albeit an officially emulated version.

Same, previous forums I've been too, mostly because I also enjoy games based on cartoons (recently Smurfs: Mission Vileaf on PC, solid cartoon tie-in IMHO) I like in addition to Mario, Sonic, some racing and some of the shooter games I play. I'm thankful I'm done with school, I can only imagine the reactions to me liking Trolls. I can wear my favorite character shirts without worry nowadays because of it.

In school, there were some who did play video games, surprisingly quite a few Sonic fans from what I remember.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

This is my new look on Animal Crossing New Horizons after I found track jacket from Able Sisters and I look like a handsome gym teacher. 😁
Untitled

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes All good all good, no worries bud I was playing with some friends and wanted to get ya in the lobby lmao. We were gonna do 5v5 hoops, jkjk lol.

@TheJGG Appreciated Bah, really? I think you're stuff is great, music is not an easy thing to create or even understand. I feel like over time you'd be able to not only improve but also continue building your channel. It feels like with this stuff, it involves a crazy amount of work but also comes with certain flexibilities and benefits. It's a lot to balance but definitely worth it if you love it and heart in what you do. We'll both keep onwards! I'm glad we can talk about this stuff! This is why I think NL should have a thread specifically for creators and the like, I mean we already have the artists thread. Ahh, I was never too big on the Tantal themes, but hey maybe your cover may turn me around on it. Oh man u know I love that Yggdrasil theme lol, it's literally the first music I used in creating my channel. Btw, is there a way I can reach you outside of NL?

@MarioLover92 That would be sick. I dropped off of Mario Party at like 4, so adding more GameCube boards would be awesome. Nice.. have fun with ACNH I know there's so much being added right now, it's pretty hype.. and nice amusement park

@Tyranexx Ahh nice, taking it back again huh? Ehh.. Pokemon is one of the biggest things out there ever. I guess I can kinda see why die-hard fans may be disappointed in certain respects but there is just the reality of limitations in production of media. There are things to love about a new Pokemon that was Pokemon SS. The graphics while not that advanced at least pop and the music is decent with some cool tracks like Hops theme. That's neat, an all Galar team. For some reason I really like Applin o.o. Ahh, I don't know much about Doki or VN, but hey enjoy! Btw, mind if I add you on Steam and Switch ^^?

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

Okay, my impressions with my games purchase last two weeks and last Friday:

Tintin PS3 = Surprisingly it was easy to play, great 3D graphics with 60 fps on PS3 despite not really a fan of the character design.

G-Force PS3 = Felt similar as Ratchet & Clank in some way, yet another great 3D graphics with 60 fps on PS3.

Megaman 11 PS4 = Fairly fun, way much better than Megaman Network Transmission but it was still pretty hard in term of level design despite i played on Newcomer difficulty.

Crayola Scoot = Fairly easy but too many tricks I have to memorize.

Family Party 90 Great games Wii = Rubbish ! 😒
Usually I like some shovelwares but this game was rubbish in term of gameplay level design with too many input command to understand for party games. The mini games didn't feel fun after I played some of them.
I (almost) never said my purchased games are Blah but when I said Rubbish from my mouth, that game was really unacceptable or totally unplayable. Well... Another paper weight.

Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS = Fairly okay, pretty basic Taiko games on 3DS

Pretty Rhythm 3DS = Yay... Another girly game on 3DS.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I heard of Twinkle Star Sprites and many of those Neo-Geo games, but most of those I never played. I have played Metal Slug though, which I absolutely love - I have Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2.

Ah, I see...the time I was bullied at school for what games I liked (I was picked on for liking Sonic and Mega Man, too), that was when first-person shooters started to make it big. My parents didn't like me playing M-rated games at the time, and I never got into stuff like CoD anyway, for example. (I played CoD2 on the 360 many years ago, and I didn't like it. Kept dying in like, the very first part, and didn't like how the game controlled.) So yeah, I'm really glad my middle/high school days are over. That's cool you met some other fellow Sonic fans, by the way.

@tekoii Thanks! Glad you like my theme park. I think it's the perfect opportunity for them to add some of the boards from Mario Party 4-7 as DLC, since there's plenty of minigames from the GameCube entries anyway! The back of the box mentions there's in-game purchases, maybe they're working on DLC as we speak...or type, in this case. lol

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I did some makeover on my ACNH island including my current looking (see photo above).
Come to visit my island if you have a time. 😀

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Played Halo Infinite's multiplayer part of the afternoon and evening. Having fun with it.

@MarioLover92 Metal Slug is great, have it on Steam.

Yeah, I once wore Rugrats boots in elementary school on a snowy day, and it discouraged me from wearing character clothing to school. So I enjoy wearing character shirts without worry now, since I always loved wearing character stuff.

I see, in my high school years, I started playing PC games, so most of the shooters I played were there. Mostly liked id's games like Doom 3 and Quake 3. A few others played Halo, that was it with shooters AFAIK. Had a lot of Need for Speed fans, which I was since I did enjoy racing games. Amusing part of Call of Duty, I was the only one in my school who played it, since the first game was originally a PC exclusive.

Yeah, a lot of people I knew all loved Sonic, and one of them did like Mario games too.

Edit: I should mention, yes, I still was playing cartoon based games during my high school. I just always loved cartoons and animated movies. Just something I always enjoyed, even to this day.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I have love and hate about my teenhood during Senior High School.
I found myself never get into mainstream even from my classmate. Even when the students at my school already played rated M games, I still stay away from them and never get into them. When a lot of students didn't really obey the teachers, I always sat in front line so I can have communication with my teachers, completely ignore my lousy classmates who keep busy talking.
Also, I never like the stereotype of finding boyfriend or girlfriend during high school and I never like and want to find girlfriend (not even interested to think about).
I have ever told my bold statement to my classmate and my teachers and I didn't change at all until today. And thus I still keep being single and keep pursuing my gaming hobby without being enggaged by other peoples.

Speaking about Team17 games, have you tried Epic Chef ?
I saw the Steam version has been out while the console version will be released later.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter During my teen years, while I was playing some shooter games on PC, I still had a love for cartoon based games and family friendly games, like Sonic and Mario. I still enjoyed those kind of games, even back then. Maybe that's why I can relate to your love for "kids games," since a lot of the cartoon based ones I like were aimed at kids back then.

Haven't heard of that nor tried it. Right now the only Team 17 games I've played were Worms and Superfrog. Really loved Superfrog, it was delisted from GOG years ago, I can still play the game as I have the offline backup installer (which is why I love GOG, they give you a way to keep and play games without needing Internet activation).

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Team17 games that I have interest about are Overcooked All You Can Eat, Moving Out and Epic Chef.
I have finished Moving Out Switch version (will get PS4 version too as well).
I like the 80's vibe and music from Moving Out.
I still haven't finished Overcooked 1 and 2 Switch version due to no Assist mode to make the gameplay easier for Solo play so I will retire both of Overcooked games on Switch when I get Overcooked All You Can Eat PS4 version for 60 fps display.
Epic Chef was a quirky adventure game with cooking crafting and competition as part of the game from the gameplay I watched from YouTube.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Just finished my first Christmas Tree ornament

Also the colors really fit Christmas cheer

Made it from polymer clay with tin foil as a filler to be lighter and painted with acrylic paints

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

reporterdavid

@Zuljaras all creative peoples here.

I need to read the rules somewhere. I want to combine these creative talents in a series of videos.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

BruceCM

Where do I buy 1, @Zuljaras ....? Lol, you'll have a business going soon

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Sure, I'll visit when I can find the time. Not only is the update and HHP keeping me busy, but I have been finding myself visiting my other friends' islands to learn the new DIYs that the game added. Been cataloging a lot of items, too...and I played a few rounds of Mario Party!

@Sunsy I didn't get into PC gaming until much later - I wasn't too big into playing games with a keyboard, and the computer I shared with my family members wasn't that great anyway. I kinda wanna play Halo, honestly - when Halo 1 and 2 first came out I was too young for it, and TMCC is on Steam now. I like its sci-fi setting, too. (I love futuristic/sci-fi settings in general - that's partly why I like games like Metroid, Mega Man, and F-Zero.) Fun fact about me, I had the original Xbox a long time ago, and we had a demo disc for it. I played a demo of the first Halo during nighttime, without my parents knowing about it. I was like 12 at the time. Did the same thing with Mortal Kombat 2 and 3, except I was atrocious at them. I'm really bad at fighting games. XD

Nice - always cool to see others who are also into your favorite games. I had a math tutor who is also into Nintendo games. I do like animated movies, as well. As I've said before, I enjoy Disney movies too.

@Zuljaras That's a cool ornament you made, great job!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Are you going to give it to the Grinch? You know, for his Dread of this Season! FR tho it looks amazing!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic