Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,621 to 56,640 of 96,517

Snatcher

@thiz You can make a guest account on the console, I think, it might work.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Ah, I see...sorry to hear one of your buds got sick. I just played MPS with one of my AC:NH friends yesterday night. Though, neither of us won. lol

Speaking of AC:NH, I also got the Happy Home Paradise DLC and have been liking it. I ended up getting the DLC on its own, rather than the NSO expansion method - that means I get to keep it for good and I don't have to spend an insane amount of money!

@Sunsy '98, huh? Cool to know the time period it was made in. Though, I always call her Peach regardless of what game she's in.

Oh no, sorry to hear about your SNES games. Glad to hear you have most of them back via the SNES Classic. Though I still have my SNES collection, I have a good amount of them on the Wii VC and on the SNES Classic, and I have access to the SNES games on NSO. Mainly because I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting these games to work (I don't want to blow on them either), and that I can preserve as much of them as I can on my newer consoles. I never played Yoshi's Safari, or any Super Scope game for that matter. I played Duck Hunt with the NES Zapper (via the SMB/DH combo cart), but that's about it. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@thiz Try making a Pokerap with ALL the Pokemon. Joke aside, do have fun when the time comes.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, that long ago. I usually keep it safe in my closet (hence why you see some shirts hanging in the pic, lol). Same here, I do recall the Toadstool name from these early days.

It's ok. I also have some of them on the Wii VC. Mainly Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart, IIRC, the latter I got from Club Nintendo. Nowadays I either play them on the SNES Classic, Wii, or NSO. I do have a Nintendo Selects copy of Super Mario All-Stars.

Yoshi's Safari is really underrated the more I think about it. Was quite a fun game. I still have the Super Scope, just can't be used because HD TVs exist, lol. I wish it would have gotten a rerelease, even with Wii remote pointer controls.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Word, I hope he does get better Nice, sounds like you're having a good time with MPS! Man, MPS is totally one of those games you have to have in your library next to Smash and Mario Kart. I really want it but just can't justify it rn rn. Yea, that whole DLC thing is a right mess. Been considering getting back into ACNH but its just so much of a time commitment from day to day @^@.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Sunsy

If anyone has a Wii U or Switch Online Expansion, play Sin & Punishment. Really cool rail shooter so far.

@thiz I literally just watched this after seeing you mention it, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Cool! I never played Trap Team, but I enjoyed Superchargers when I played it years ago.

Losermagnet

Just had a mouse running through my house 😬 i didnt think i was gonna be able to catch the little guy cause he hid in the underside of a washer! But he's in the woods outside now and i'm down a good pair of gloves. Hopefully he doesn't come back with friends.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Sunsy

Thinking about it, is it ok to say thanks to you guys for making this a rather friendly place to come to and talk about games and other things? Other communities I've been to, I feel like I have to walk around eggshells, worrying if I talk about something I like, it may upset someone just for liking something or get picked on (I have a feeling other gaming forums would get on me for my love of Trolls, lol).

Here, I feel like I can be myself, and chat about games and stuff without that worry. So thank you guys for that.

Sorry if this feels like it's out of nowhere, I do like coming here and it was on my mind tonight after playing a few rounds of Apex.

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I realized Skylanders Trap Team need portal specifically only for Trap Team, will not detect other portal. 😣
Well, i still have to wait a time to buy Trap Team portal to start the game.
At the same time, i found a seller from local gamestore have Skylanders Imaginators PS4 bundle. That Skylanders was very hard to find and very rare.
Wish me luck i can get Skylanders Imaginators bundle after i got my salary next 2 weeks. 🤞

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Is this happening to anyone else? While I type posts on the NL forums, ads keep reloading and the typing indent disappears, forcing me to stop typing. I accidentally scroll all the way down by pressing the space bar when that happens, too. It's really annoying. I even contacted Nintendo Life about this problem, but I didn't get a response. I don't know if you can do anything about this, @Eel - but I thought I'd mention you about it anyway. If you can't do anything about it, that's fine. And before anyone asks me, I prefer to not block ads on Nintendo Life, since I like the site and community here.

@Sunsy Oh that's cool you still have the Super Scope, I actually wanted to have it back then, but just didn't get around to getting it. The only time I ever used the Super Scope was in Smash Bros., lol. These days, however, I have to be real careful with getting retro gaming stuff. Not only can the prices be jacked up to insanely high amounts, but you may get counterfeit cartridges too. Especially with GBA and DS games. Would be pretty cool to see Yoshi's Safari come to NSO, at least - you could use the joy-cons to move the aiming reticle, like how Duck Hunt on the Wii U worked.

By the way, you're so welcome! I like coming to Nintendo Life as well - many people here are quite chill. Way more so than the other forums I've been to in the past. So I wholeheartedly agree with you - it's best to be yourself in general. I won't ever outgrow stuff like Super Mario, that's for sure!

@tekoii Yeah it's amazing! I'm hoping that more boards get added, either by DLC or a free update. At least from the GameCube Mario Party games. As for AC:NH, yeah, it's a massive time sink and since the 2.0.0 update came out, I've been playing it a ton again. And I'm likely to play even more of it since I got HHP!

@Tyranexx I got a few more pics of my theme park - enjoy 'em!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

reporterdavid

Again, thanks for being nice to me here. Love you . Have a nice day

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter I had a feeling that would happen. Most portals usually work fine with games, I tend to use the Superchargers base with the few games I have. It might has more to do with the special "trap" pieces. I don't have any trap pieces, so I don't think I could be of any help.

Hope you can get Imaginators, I have it, but have not found time to play it. Got it right before moving years ago. I remember playing the bonus Crash level that the Crash figure unlocked.

@MarioLover92 Yeah that is the major downsize to getting retro gaming stuff nowadays, it makes getting modern ports and re-releases the easier option, even digital versions. I remember wanting Shin Megami Tensei IV (looking forward to the new one BTW), and physically it was over $100. So I went digital with it.

I was thinking that with the Joy-Cons, especially since Super Mario Galaxy emulates the pointer via Joy-Con motion control on 3D All-Stars.

Indeed, it just feels like I can talk about games and things I like here without worry. Other communities I've been to, it feels like I have to be careful with what I say, since saying I like a particular game may upset someone for whatever reason, or saying I enjoyed a movie or something similar.

@reporterdavid You have a nice day too.

jedgamesguy

Been a while since I had enough solid time to respond to folks here, so accept my apologies for being late in that respect. I had the unlucky distinction of falling sick last week, so that combined with my injury made it a pretty challenging few days. Hope everyone's doing well, and a welcome back for @bimmy-lee. I'll state foremost though that I did NOT see the whole GTA: TT: DE farcical coming. At least in that it runs badly even on the flippin' PS5 for crying out loud. I was looking forward to seeing what made these games so good on my Switch, shame.

@tekoii No problem, the praise is all earned in my books. I can relate really well to the primary motivation factor of YouTube. I can't see myself making even a side-job's worth of income from it but I see my own channel as an archive for some neat game footage and covers I feel are good enough to represent me online. I'm considering archiving the majority of my older videos (unlisting) to establish a new identity but I'm toying with it so far. I'd agree that our creativities are similar, so keep on keeping on!

As for Xenoblade 2 covers? Tantal (day or night) is one of great interest for me. I'll start making a list of songs I can cover in future, starting with that at least. Maybe even the Yggdrasil theme. Speaking of... I can theoretically now start covering Dragon Quest music and releasing it online, now there's no risk Koichi Sugiyama'll come for me!

@Tyranexx Thank you for telling me, and linking your thoughts too. I shall now address them, I've been eager to share my own thoughts, which have taken about two months to completely incubate into what hopefully are a few well thought-out points. I'll reply to your post in the DUNE thread with said points.

I agree; tech's began to slow down and is currently not advancing fast enough to warrant buying new kit every year. I plan to replace my computer at least in the next year, or at least after a year from now, as so I can run tougher programs like Logic when I inevitably cram the entire software onto it. It's a complete joke at this point how Apple keep revealing new stuff every other week pretending like it's totally rad and whatnot.

Good! Ironically I only began spamming the use of sanitiser a few weeks before the pandemic hit, and I believe it was unrelated to the pandemic itself... but ironically there's a paranoia that'll actually serve well in recent times. As the Northern Hemisphere gets colder that paranoia will become more and more useful. As for here... man it's a lucky break in that the weather is absolutely quality at this point. I've taken a similar approach to my knee, I was advised to do some cycling every now and then, so I've gone to the gym three times already in the last week, to cycle for about half an hour. It's good fun, plus putting a podcast on helps too with burning away the time.

@Vortexeo You'd better believe it! I put in so much work over the summer, but it's stalled a bit for the time being because I'm absolutely bogged down with work at the moment. It's a shame but it also gives me time to think about how I'm gonna tackle the future of the novel. Plus... two hundred pages so far's a decent achievement so far. Glad you're liking it!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zuljaras

Today I got so frustrated with my joy con drift that I decided to open and fix it. I used the only reliable method. A paper placed under the thumbstick. I used a business card paper and it is perfect for that.

Tested it and no more joy con drift!

Also it is extremely easy DIY

WoomyNNYes

@Tekoii Ah, man. I got your request at the first kickoff of a match, and I was kicking off. I can't respond to someone outside the match without throwing the game. On the Switch, I have to hit pause menu to get the party dialog box, and then I can't see the game. Even if it's easier to do that on pc, I don't know how you do it. Sorry buddy.<3

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

I was thinking... Metroid has too few 8-bit games for a fully featured Game & Watch... But what if they paired it with it's old sister series? Kid Icarus!

They could release one with both duologies and theme it around both series.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Losermagnet

@Zuljaras i feel your pain, albeit mine is with my PS5 controller. I think it's a problem with the blu tooth because i cant replicate it even if I try, and it's fixed for awhile by re-pairing the controller.

Welp, we had our first snow of the season today. Perfect excuse to stay inside all day and make cookies.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic