Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,541 to 56,560 of 96,319

bimmy-lee

@Losermagnet - It was only declarative three times, I’m hoping the question mark makes the fourth Brie Larson ineligible. Doing good friend, hope the same for you. I’ve finally pulled through my downward spiral after learning Shredder’s Revenge doesn’t release until vaguely 2022. I’m gonna be okay now. I guess.

@BruceCM - I was outside of town, up in the hills rooting for truffles when my ear caught her whispered name carried by the damp autumn air. That’s when I knew I had to come running back to light a torch and screech her name into cyberspace.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Losermagnet

@bimmy-lee Only time will tell my friend if Brie heard you. She's as cunning as she is popular. Just yesterday I visited my Animal Crossing village for the first time in 3 years and all my villager friends would talk about was Brie. They were like a swarm of opinionated bees.

Other than that I'm good! Shredder's Revenge being delayed took the wind outta my sails too. Hopefully the delay will mean good things though, like more characters or a super deluxe pizza-box physical edition that comes with actual pizza.

@Eel Haha!

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

tekoii

@TheJGG Thank you for the support and words of inspiration. I ended up starting Youtube to just edit fun game videos for friends on a different account, but then I made my logo, and my Wormhole to Yggdrasil video, and here I am. While I do care about the views and subs so I can maybe make money some day off of it as a side thing, I still do love doing what I do on the platform, otherwise I would never have started. I do feel like we align in the passion we have to do it! I've always wanted to start Youtube since I was really young but never found my way into actually doing it, but now that I have I'm extremely happy that I have. I'm always down to listen to what you'll be making in the future! My suggestions definitely gonna be some XC2 stuff..!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Sunsy

Played Sin & Punishment for the first time today. Grabbed the Wii U version instead of getting the Switch Online Expansion Pack, been thinking about it, and I rather grab some Wii U or 3DS VC games before the inevitable shutdown of their eShops. Really a cool rail shooter so far.

@MarioLover92 Hope the channel has more good remixes, it was cool hearing Sonic Unleashed music done in Sonic Advance style.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Losermagnet

@Sunsy i should hook up my wii u and get a few virtual console games.

Eel

Anyone else getting the Zelda game and watch?

Can’t wait to get mine 5 days after launch date because preorders are meaningless!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Eel Yes. I will get it instead of Pokemon BD/SP. I was ready to order the double pack with the nice steel case but I decided to treat myself with the little Zelda console!

I can see that they have put so much care into the little machine

I did not like the Mario one.

My biggest fear is if I get a dead pixel on mine

Edited on by Zuljaras

Sunsy

@Losermagnet Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm also considering Super Mario 3 on 3DS, as well as the 8-bit Sonic 1 for Game Gear. Haven't played Sonic 1 on Game Gear, but also wouldn't mind having another option for playing Super Mario 3 should something ever happen to my Wii or Wii U (I have it on both, latter was a My Nintendo offer).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

@Zuljaras I can’t wait. I know it’s just three games I’ve already played to death (and Zelda II), but I just love the idea of having it as a little dedicated handheld to take anywhere.

The Mario one is fine, but I very much prefer Zelda.

Bloop.

bimmy-lee

@Eel - I want to get it for the family for Christmas, but I’m not sure if it’ll make the cut. My son is still obsessed with the Mario G&W from last year. It’s a really competent little machine, and I think this LOZ version will be even better; at least the style of game suits the device a little better in my opinion.

@Losermagnet - The Pizza Hut collector’s edition would be incredible. We don’t even know how the grease would react to the plastic case, so you better buy two. One of the junk shops in town sells wax packs of the old Topps TMNT cards. I tried the 35 year old gum inside mostly because the sign on the box said “Do NOT eat the gum”. It was like flavorless plastic. I can’t imagine what this pizza will become over time. If they load it up with enough preservatives, it might still be hot in 35 years.

@Anti-Matter - Hey, hope you’re well. No, I really haven’t been on IG for the last couple years. I kinda want to get rid of the app, but I need to make arrangements with some folks first. How is school going this year?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

@Zuljaras I can’t wait. I know it’s just three games I’ve already played to death (and Zelda II), but I just love the idea of having it as a little dedicated handheld to take anywhere.

The Mario one is fine, but I very much prefer Zelda.

I am ashamed to admit but I have never played Zelda 1 and 2. I own 1 for the GBA and Link's Awakening for the GB but I have only finished Link's Awakening Remake. This will be a great opportunity for me as well

I know it can't happen but I want a Castlevania Watch with the 3 NES titles

Eel

That would a lot of make sense if Nintendo opened the “system” to third parties.

Along with the inevitable Namco Museum one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Losermagnet

@bimmy-lee 35 years should be the bare minimum. I wanna chow down on it when i'm 70 as my last meal. Go ninja, go ninja, gone.

Awhile ago I got a pack of Back to the Future cards that had that kind of gum in it. It shattered when I opened the pack. I didnt try any cause it looked like it would cut me. I miss trading cards like that though. All I see now is Magic the Gathering and Pokemon (which is behind the counter, like I'm trying to buy Psuedophed or something). And none of these cards are packed with food. Missed opportunity.

Losermagnet

@Sunsy i'd say the one benefit to NSO is the possibility of playing the N64 games with a controller designed for them (i mean the N64 you can buy separately). I often have trouble with N64 button remapping. Depending on the game it's not always a problem, but something like DK 64 was a headache to try and play on a pro controller.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Well, there was a trial to have offline learning at school with limited of students capacity to avoid crowd and it has been applied for higher class (grade 6, Junior High School and Senior High School).
The parents will be given a letter to sign if they agree or disagree to allow their kids go to school with strict health protocol and it was optional so they can keep their kids stay at home and have online learning.
Even during offline learning, the duration just only 2 hours by maximum then the students will go home and continue to have online lesson at home (what a complicated way to study) and for students who stay at home, the teachers must provide Online learning at the same time with students who study at school by using projector and tablet to deliver the lesson.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I never played the original Sin and Punishment, but I have played the Wii sequel which is really good. JX's channel has more of those GBA remixes and many others, I subscribed to JX recently.

@Eel I'm in no rush to get it, since I have those games in some form, but I'm hoping to have it as a Christmas gift.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@Eel I want to get the Zelda game and watch, mostly for the original Link's Awakening, but also because I like little handhelds. I love my Super Mario Bros. one, but will probably wait until after Christmas. Again, friends and family get me gaming related gifts. Me and a friend who play games together often exchange games every Christmas, it's our tradition.

@Losermagnet Yeah, I found Sin & Punishment a little hard to control due to the Wii U gamepad. I switched to using my Fight Pad (which looks like a GameCube controller, but it's really a classic controller that plugs into the Wii remote, while having a cool Yoshi design), and found it played better with that. Mostly, I think it's the C buttons I think, the right joystick (or GameCube on Wii's case, the C-stick), behave like C buttons. Had this trouble with Super Mario 64 on Wii U, as well as 3D All-Stars. Never had a problem with Star Fox 64.

@MarioLover92 Hope you can try it one day, it's quite good IMO. Though I find it easier to play with a PDP Fight Pad (basically a Wii Classic Controller that looks like a GameCube one, has a Yoshi theme) than my Wii U gamepad. So far this game impresses me, it looks really good for an N64 game, the story scenes feel like a movie.

That's cool.

Eel

It just occurred to me that the Mario Game and Watch added an infinite lives mode to the games. That made the whole thing a lot more convenient and easier to enjoy in short bursts as a pick up and play kinda game, at least for me.

I really hope they add something like that to Zelda 2. I might actually play it if they do!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic