Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,461 to 56,480 of 57,667

Vortexeo

@Sunsy Man, I was interested in both the Animal Crossing DLC and the n64 + Genesis games but I don't want to pay for the Animal Crossing DLC every year lmao.

I'll just do what you suggested and buy the DLC separately. I could always emulate the older games if I really want them

Thanks!

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Losermagnet I'm just going to emulate it to Enjoy the classics.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Losermagnet

Some sites are reporting that the Happy Home content requires the NSO+expansion. That doesn't make sense if you can buy the DLC separately. Even if it's online-centric content you should be able to access it with the standard $20 plan.

I'm jumping to conclusions, since i havent been able to deep-dive into the direct or articles (work...again), but this seems like a "Wii U reveal" level of kerfuffle from Nintendo.

@Snatcher this has me so confused that i think im gonna revert back to board games.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Sunsy

@Losermagnet Same here, NSO is the only one I paid for, the basic one, mostly to play with friends who don't play PC games, also I have a friend who moved a couple of states away so online gaming is all we have for an activity, we play games on Switch and PC. I've always been a Nintendo and PC kind of guy, the best part of that was online didn't cost extra.

I look at it like buying a DVD. If I buy a movie on DVD, I don't have to pay the studio again each time I want to watch said DVD. Basically, it's paying to use something you already pay for.

I have a feeling the rise in F2P games like Fortnite has more to do with paid online. Looking at it, most F2P games on consoles don't require a subscription to play. I tend to find more people playing online in Asphalt than other games I paid money for. Honestly, as bad as it sounds, I rather pay one time for a $2 microtransaction than an annual $20-50 a year.

@Vortexeo You're welcome. Keep in mind, it's only a guess as I know that if you don't renew NSO, you can't play the NES or SNES games, so I'm assuming it's the same with the included DLC. This whole thing is really confusing.

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@Vortexeo My guess is the same as Sunsy's, since it's also part of the expansion pass I would assume that it's only playable while you have access to it. I do agree with you though, it doesn't make sense to include the New Horizons DLC alongside the N64 and Genesis games. The only thing I'd be interested in is the N64 app. I'm interested in the DLC too, but yeah, I think it makes more sense to just buy it outright since you'll have it for good.

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

tekoii

NSO pricing is wack and not a good way to welcome a new generation to Nintendo. I'm glad it's here but I feel like it could have made it's money proper but also have been consumer friendly. I hope I don't sound too negative now, it just seems a bit unfair in terms of pricing.

Something like this would be great:

NES + SNES = $20
N64 + GBA = $40
Gamecube + Wii = $60

@MarioLover92 Exactly, there is no need to force us to have to pay extra to have both when some won't engage with the Animal Crossing DLC portion of it.

@Sunsy Yea, and I have little hope Nintendo will change it's course of action now. I feel you on trying to get others to just go the PC route. PC gaming is awesome, and plus a PC has more than just games on offer! That's why these days I tend to prefer buying First Party when it comes to my Switch, cause you can't get that anywhere else

@Vortexeo Seriously. Some of the big decisions going on here are a little weird. The whole thing was flat out confusing. Repeatedly paying for the Animal Crossing DLC? I really hope that isn't a thing cause that's not cool.

Edited on by tekoii

👺 SMTV - Live | ▶️ Youtube | 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

From what I read:

No you don’t need the expansion pack to play the DLC.

However, the pack will let you play the DLC without having to buy it separately.

So by my logic, if i want to play HHP, i must pay $25 for a standalone HHP in my ACNH.

But for Expansion Pack, when i calculated the price difference, it looked like the price to get HHP from expansion Pack NSO = more than $25.

And i was thinking what is the difference between purchasing HHP with price $25 and purchasing HHP from Expansion Pack NSO with higher price ?

Was the price of $25 = Vanilla HHP but if you purchase HHP from Expansion Pack NSO = HHP + Access to Free contents every certain time by Nintendo ?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@tekoii Yeah, it's not like Microsoft who introduced Xbox Live at $120, then backpedaled after people got upset about it. Nintendo more than doubles it, knowing them, they'll stick to it.

Agreed, though I do play third party games on Switch too. I have Team Sonic Racing, Puyo Puyo Champions, Doom 2016 on both Switch and PC. It's nice for that portability, while PC gives a better experience. Team Sonic Racing feels so good at 60FPS. I know I can go higher with tweaking, but I like to keep things locked to 60 just to keep CPU and GPU temps down.

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to Smurfs: Mission Vileaf. I pre-ordered it on GOG, being a Smurfs fan, I'm eager to see how it looks on PC. Loved the 3D art style Smurfs The Lost Village had and this game looks like it will have more of that. Decided to go the PC route just because I want a fun cartoon platformer for my PC. Knowing me, I may get it on Switch later on.

Sunsy

Tyranexx

Still very busy, but a brief gaming update: I have a bit of downtime tomorrow morning and hope to wrap up the excellent Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. Probably one of the best spinoffs I've played. I also finished what I wanted of the BotW DLC and started Luigi's Mansion 3 Wednesday evening. I've only played about an hour, but the game is graphically stunning and oozes the franchise's unique charm.

@BruceCM Haha, I was just too lazy to type out the entire title! They're all great games, and I admit I'm having trouble picking between them. At least I have some time before that moment comes. XD

@TheJGG, @Losermagnet, @CactusMan The input is appreciated! I should clarify that I intend to play them all, it's just that "Which one first?" is very difficult right now....Maybe I'll decide with one of my D12s lol.

@MarioLover92 Glad to read Dread has been a fun ride! Even despite a supposed crash near the end of the game for some? I didn't read much into it thanks to spoilers.

Haven't seen the Metroid Dread amiibos in stock yet, but I've learned that some places are stocking the Skyward Sword Zelda amiibo again. I'll likely hunt for that this weekend...likely online.

Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

Megaman Network Transmission was really DAMN UNPLAYABLE ! 🤬
I have give another chance to retry again but still... I couldn't even beat the first Boss because the Fire blast killed me in 3 hits and there was NO WAY i can avoid safely even i have tried by sliding. And i keep getting GAME OVER screen.
I felt really DISAPPOINTED with this Gamecube game. I thought it will be easy enough for newbie player but i was wrong.
Guess i will neglect my Megaman Network Transmission. Too bad, the cover and graphic looks nice but the gameplay level was pissed me off.
Maybe Megaman 11 can cheer me up with easier level to play.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

The recent Animal Crossing direct made me want to play New Horizons for a bit today. My villagers really missed me, lol. I may need to do some cleanup to make room for the new Nook Miles items coming in. I noticed that they're having the plaza items, which look like amusement park rides. About a year ago I've said that I wanted such things on my island - and yeah, I'm a bit of a child at heart - seems like Nintendo knew exactly what I wanted! If only they had Panel de Pon and the other Nintendo-themed items as well.

@tekoii Yeah...I think it'd be better if we could pick and choose what we'd want. Personally I'd just pick the N64 games for like $5-10 extra, and buy the Animal Crossing DLC on its own so I have permanent access to it. Your pricing idea sounds great - I would have been totally down for GBA games. Genesis games, on the other hand, are all over the place at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see that a microwave can run games like Sonic 2.

@Tyranexx Thanks! My game has not crashed at the ending, thankfully. I didn't know about it until I saw the headline about it on Nintendo Life's home page. I know that Paper Mario: The Origami King had a glitch that causes the player to get stuck permanently unless they start a new game.

Yeah I recall seeing that Nintendo's online store had the Zelda and Loftwing amiibo in stock recently. Best of luck on getting them, and on the games you're currently playing.

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

ogo79

@Zuljaras nice

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

I never played Mega man, but, I thought they were known for, well, not being easy, or was I wrong?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

MarioLover92

@Snatcher Mega Man games are indeed pretty challenging at times, so you thought correctly. A few of them are amazingly brutal (Mega Man & Bass and Mega Man X6 come to mind - neither of which I have beaten). I've played Mega Man Network Transmission as well, the same game that Anti-Matter was talking about, and he's not lying...the game starts out way too hard with that first boss.

Sunsy

@Snatcher I bought Mega Man II on Wii's Virtual Console one day when I was bored, and I liked it. Albeit I played on easy mode being new to the game, but even then it was still pretty challenging. So far, it's the only Mega Man game I've played.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 @Sunsy So there that hard, MMM, Now I need to play these games, are they on the collection on the switch?

MarioLover92

@Snatcher There's Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 (with MM1-6) and 2 (with MM7-10), which covers the classic series. All 10 of them are worth playing, IMO. They're just the numbered games, so no Mega Man & Bass here.

There's also Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 (MMX1-4) and 2 (MMX5-8), those are the X series games and a few of those are among my favorite MM games (MMX1, X2, and X4 in particular), though another few of them aren't that great. Particularly on the second collection. Feel free to skip X7 - that game is absolutely awful.

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is really good - I enjoyed my time with all 6 of the games it includes. All these collections are indeed on the Switch.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Checking the details on Nintendo's website, yeah the one I've played is on the collection. I played the second NES game.

Now that I think about it, I think I have one of the games on the SNES Mini.

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Yep, you are correct - Mega Man X is included on the SNES Classic. Easily one of the best MM games - give it a shot when you get a chance.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic