Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,441 to 56,460 of 57,708

MarioLover92

@TheJGG Personally I'll keep going with the island I've had since launch. I have a lot of people on my New Horizons friend list and I don't want to lose them.

@Vortexeo @tekoii Agreed with you both. Those are at least exclusive to the expansion pass...the asking price would be a lot lower had they not included the New Horizons DLC.

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC, or I will have to delete your request. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

WTF is with that price man?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

reporterdavid

Its good to hear that some will play animal crossing again after november 5th. Love to hear who I might visit and 40 euro's for the price, im not in a big shock. 50 was to much though....

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

Link-Hero

I knew Nintendo was going to raise the yearly fee for NSO as it was a given, but $30 more? Why that big of a price spike for Genesis/Megadrive and N64 games? At least include Gameboy Color and Advanced games on top of it to make the service more enticing. This is such a rip-off and just makes me want to stick to PC since not only Steam is a way better service, the online there is also free.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Sunsy

@Vortexeo @tekoii Unfortunately, it's not. It is $50/year even if you just want the N64 and Genesis stuff. Personally, I'm just going to keep the $20/year upgrade just to play with friends who don't play PC games.

@Snatcher I know right, it's a massive jump compared to $20/year. I really need to encourage more to get into PC gaming, as of now playing PC online is free. I do this regularly too, friend and I played Doom again the other night, it was classic Doom as well.

@reporterdavid Some advice, if you want to play the Animal Crossing DLC, just buy the DLC by itself if you have no intentions of playing N64 or Genesis games. It's cheaper alone as you pay one time instead of paying $50 a year to "rent" the DLC.

Sunsy

reporterdavid

@Sunsy in europe it cost 39,99. I might think about it, thank you

@Link-Hero maby becouse of rights , not just sega, but also microsoft (rare), konami and capcom can ask for some bucks. but indeed, better made it optional.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027

Sunsy

@reporterdavid Ah ok, I live in the US. You're welcome, there is no need to upgrade to the expansion pack if all you want is the new Animal Crossing content.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it's playable with the expansion pack or by itself. I think most Animal Crossing fans will just get the DLC by itself, just to be able to play it without paying the $50/year. Also, it can be played without it, so if someone didn't want the expansion pack anymore, they can keep playing it.

I keep having memories of Kapp'n singing about cucumbers. I have my GBA-to-GC link cable and GBA ready for the boat trip. Now if only I can find that darn GameCube plug on my Switch dock, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Link-Hero @Sunsy Great minds think alike, But really I agree, this is such a rip-off.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Losermagnet

So is the NSO required for the DLC? Or is Nintendo trying to slip a rider in their Animal Crossing hype?

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Eel

From what I read:

No you don’t need the expansion pack to play the DLC.

However, the pack will let you play the DLC without having to buy it separately.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Losermagnet Ya, you can buy it without the dlc, And you don't even own it, what a rip-off.

Edited on by Snatcher

Losermagnet

Cool 👍, thanks for the clarification @Eel

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yup. I'm paying the basic plan just to play with friends who don't play on PC. Free online is one of my favorite things about PC gaming.

Imagine, buying a game and being able to use any portion of it without paying extra, online multiplayer included. It's ideal, it's the way it should be.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Vortexeo

@tekoii @MarioLover92 @Sunsy I really love animal crossing myself but I just don't understand why they bundled it in the expansion pack. This means if you buy the expansion pack you'd have to keep paying for the Animal Crossing DLC every year right?

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Sunsy

@Vortexeo That would be my guess, which is why I think it's better to just buy the DLC. This way if you decide you don't want the expansion pack, you could still play it.

This is only my guess as you can't play NES or SNES games anymore should you decide not to renew.

Sunsy

Losermagnet

@Sunsy i've always hated paid online subscriptions. I was in my early twenties when this started with microsoft and i still dont pay for it. With the money you save not paying for online services over the course of a console's life cycle you could get a decent gaming pc. Or, at the very least, a handful of games.

It's especially awkward with Nintendo because their online service is a bit subpar.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Snatcher

@Sunsy 100% agreed.

Anyone that wants the DLC, just buy it by itself.

Snatcher

@Sunsy 100% agreed.

Anyone that wants the DLC, just buy it by itself.

Losermagnet

@Snatcher missed your @ - luckily i'm only interested in the Animal Crossing content. Playing the classics has long since lost its shine for me. I'm the type of person who prefers playing it on original hardware anyway.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic