Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,441 to 54,460 of 96,481

Snatcher

@tekoii Yes to all of that!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
What kind of retro games do you still play ?
The retro games i played are GBA, NDS, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2 games.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I think i have already moved on from NES and SNES games as i have no longer interest with 8 / 16 bit games anymore.
I didn't even touch my NES app from my Nintendo Switch.
They are nostalgic to see but not really nostalgic to play again by my new standard of playing retro games. (I'm looking for retro games from year 2000 and above, only PS1 games that i still looking for 90's retro games).

Btw, speaking about Yokai Watch 3 3DS, i still haven't found the best place to grind level for my team as i need to reach level 90+ in order to finish the quest at mirage world with a lot of doors that requires some orbs to open. The Yokai at the final door was really tough, even they were level D or C rank as they were already level 90.
My grindy spots were mostly at the left side of San Fantastito area or Springdale school at night but only got 400 - 500+ exp points was not really enough for me as i could get 1000+ exp from Yokai Watch 1 & 2 Infinite Inferno (too bad, Infinite Inferno was not returned on YW3).

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@TheJGG Really dug April being added to the TMNT game and the Super Monkey Ball surprise. As soon as I saw Morgana, I knew my friend (who has to watch the VOD version) is going to be excited. While I don't play Fall Guys, I genuinely was not expecting Jungle Book.

@MarioLover92 Hope you enjoy Virtua Racing whenever you get it. I'm also hoping to get Sonic 2, Phantasy Star, Out Run, and Puyo Puyo 2 part of the Sega Ages line. I forgot to mention the drop dash from Sonic Mania was added to the Sega Ages Sonic 1.

Thinking about it, I wish Knuckles Chaotix would get ported. Never experienced it, so I wouldn't mind trying it being a Sonic fan. I've played all the classics, and lost count how many times I played Sonic 1 on my GameCube, GBA, Switch, PC (Steam version is literally like the Genesis Classics on Switch), and 3DS, but never had a chance to experience this one.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher I did, yeah. More specifically its sequel, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

@tekoii I do have a Steam account, but I haven't been playing games on PC as much as I should, lol. I'll put up my link on my profile soon.

@Tyranexx Yeah, the save data backups are a big reason why I have NSO as well. The only game I have that doesn't have backups is Splatoon 2. (New Horizons too, technically, though I enabled island backup in-game.) I play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online on occasion, too. Hopefully they're planning something to expand NSO's retro game catalog. No news on when the next Nintendo Direct will be, so we'll know when they have new plans of their own.

@Sunsy Thanks. Right now I have Sonic 1, OutRun, and Lightening Force (Thunder Force 4). Yeah I did see they added the drop dash to Sonic 1, pretty cool they added that. Pretty surprised that Knuckles Chaotix didn't get rereleased by now, you'd think they'd bring it to Sonic Gems Collection back in the day or something, but of course, that didn't happen. I've played and finished it on an emulator over a decade ago.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 You're welcome. Not bad, I still plan to get Out Run sometime. The only game of it I have is Sega Arcade Gallery on GBA. Same, that makes sense too given how the game hasn't had any release since the 32x. That collection did have a really good port of Sonic R that IMO out did the PC version by adding four player support and removed the fade-in the tracks had when moving on them. I also noticed they replaced the Traveller's Tales logo with the one used in Lego games, that always stood out to me.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I think i will get Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii very soon as i found some sellers from Tokopedia have the game.
Before i play Super Mario Galaxy 2, what things i should aware as i remembered from Mario Galaxy 1, you couldn't keep the accumulation of multiple Mario's life as once you turn off the machine then log in the game, it will be reset back to 4 lives of Mario ?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 He kinda lost it at you for just giving him a Rated E game to play.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tyranexx

I did manage to go watch The Suicide Squad yesterday evening. It was pretty decent overall, better than the first film. Most of the cast did very well, but Margot Robbie, Daniela Melchior, and Idris Elba were the definite standouts.

@tekoii I'm not sure. I wasn't a Switch Online subscriber until early this year. In fact, I didn't pick up a Switch until late 2019. One of the best investments I ever made.

100% agree on themes and folders. I'd also like an accurate time log for playtimes like what the 3DS had.

@Anti-Matter I like retro games, though I don't play them often these days. I haven't even used the Nintendo Switch Online app as I prefer to play them on my Wii U and SNES Classic.

Still looking for a good grinding spot in Yo-kai Watch 3? I wish you luck. You might be able to find some information online, though as the game had a short print run, it may be difficult. I wonder if there's a similar spot to the Infinite Inferno? 🤔

@MarioLover92 With the exception of the Pokemon titles and (understandably) some demos, I have most of my games set to back up automatically. As mentioned above to Anti, I actually don't use the retro NSO apps. The only game I've actively played online is Monster Hunter Rise with a couple of online friends, but it has been hard to coordinate our schedules lately. I'm still up for the occasional round, but I've mostly moved on from the game.

As for the next Direct....I suspect we'll get one soon. WarioWare: Get It Together! is out soon, and Metroid Dread is out in October. Historically, there's usually a September presentation.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah, SGC looks like it has the best version of Sonic R, I've played it on the Saturn and that has that "fog" going on while you're playing. Oh I should mention that Knuckles Chaotix has some great music too, my favorite tunes from that game are Door Into Summer, Midnight Greenhouse, and Seascape.

@Anti-Matter It's basically more Super Mario Galaxy, which is always a good thing. There's more power-ups like the Cloud Flower, and you can ride Yoshi in some levels too. Yeah it does reset your lives to 4 every time you start the game, which is pretty odd but there's plenty of extra lives you can get.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
My current grindy spots for Yokai Watch 3 was either left corner of San Fantatisto or Springdale school at night.
The Yokai spawning rate at San Fantatisto left corner was decent enough as i still have walk around a little bit until they respawned again, they gave me around 400 - 500+ exp each battle and pretty easy to knock down the wild Yokai with my Brave Yokai team (they will automatically keep spwaning physical attacks as i have taught them with Karate magazine to behave Rough).
The Yokai spawning rate at Springdale school at night was better than at San Fantastito but the wild Yokai over there a little bit tough as there were Blazion, Mochismo which can deal quite a lot damage even for my team with level 70+.

Recently, i didn't really have desire to continue my Yokai Watch 1 & 2 after once i finished the storyline. They were good games but still lack of something that felt better on Yokai Watch 3, and thus i keep playing Yokai Watch 3. As i played more Yokai Watch 3, i felt the wheel system on YW1 & YW2 was not as effective as the new system on YW3. The benefit of of Wheel system in YW1 & YW2 = All the soultimate attacks are nearly impossible to be avoided but for the 3 x 3 squares system on YW3, since the Soultimate attacks have their range pattern, the soultimate attacks can be avoided and it was both benefit and disadvantage at the same time.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Wait, so Mario Galaxy 2 will keep reset the Mario's live back to 4 lives everytime i load the game ?
Aw, snap...
Because i wasn't really patient enough to do over same things repeatedly whenever I did tiny mistakes such as fell down to bottomless pit by not doing precise jump or accidentally fell down for not knowing the field situation.
And thus I need a lot of extra lives to keep me motivated to continue the game. To find again extra lives at different places after I have accumulated some lives from previous play then it reset back to 4 again was really pain.
I will get Mario Galaxy 2, but I think I will play the game slowly as it depend on my mood to get serious to clear certain areas.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

TheJGG wrote:

@ogo79 That honour belongs to Wade Rosen.

i am wade rosen.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy I mean... the whole idea of the Super Monkey Ball franchise is so... weird. Even stranger that Persona is in as added DLC, even though it makes perfect sense when I thought about it more. As a PlayStation owner I had a bit to be excited for; namely a big trailer for the upcoming Death Stranding PS5 release, LEGO Star Wars if I get desperate, and now knowing when Horizon: Forbidden West comes out.

Funny story about that; they said that a patch was live enabling 60fps on the original Horizon: Zero Dawn, and when I booted up my PS5 after pausing it; it was already downloaded. Started the game and man... it's like a completely new game. Why didn't they do this before?!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter The Galaxy games are pretty easy to get lives in, so I don't think you will have a hard time.

chapuH

@Anti-Matter There are something like 5 1-ups on the observatory alone and you get one for every 50 star bits, so don't sweat too much about a game over.

Hope you're having a good day.

Anti-Matter

I got message from my friend that my game order from playasia Robots Gamecube version has been arrived in my hometown Surabaya. 😀
But also, i got bad news. 😟
My friend that i really depend on him to order games from playasia or Ebay will get hiatus from ordering the imported games.
I was shocked and sad to hear since he was the only people i can depend on to order imported games with specific titles i gave him the link from playasia or Ebay. 😢

Tomorrow i will pick up my game order from my friend's house, maybe some chit chat before i said goodbye and thank you for helping me for 7 years since i met him for the first time in April 2014. I will ask him to reconsider his decision if someday he could help me again to order games from playasia or Ebay when he got the right time to do my request. 😔

And from now i can only depend on my two peoples who could help me to order the games from my country Indonesia. They are the game shop owner that i have relationship with them long time ago and i oftenly bought games from their shop (Game Inn Surabaya at Pakuwon Trade Center Mall Surabaya, Kingdom Game at Pasar Atum Mall Surabaya) before pandemic. Currently i can only order games from Tokopedia with help of the game shop owner from Pasar Atum Surabaya, as the only one source for me to get old / new games.
I felt blessed for having peoples who could help me to get games that really hard to get and to imagine i could get those games by real. 🙏

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher @chapu2006 Yeah, I never got a single game over in those games. Solely because they hand out extra lives like candy.

@Tyranexx Oh that's nice, I've seen one of my AC:NH friends play Monster Hunter Rise a lot. I never got it because I have a hard time getting into the Monster Hunter games. I can see a Nintendo Direct happening next September too, I'd be kind of surprised if it doesn't happen. Pretty sure we'll see more details on select games announced from the E3 Direct.

tekoii

@Snatcher Right!? Sure would be nice D:

@Anti-Matter Eh, I haven't been gaming a lot these days. But, I still love plenty of classic series. Mario, Zelda, DK, Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero. Random: I want a new Kirby's Air Ride.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic