Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,381 to 54,400 of 96,523

Snatcher

@TheJGG IKR, The full trailer is going to be somthin.

@Eel you mean doc oc? If so he is a villain of spider, he is the same one from the movie spider man 2 form years back.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel I know right? they got the same actor and everything.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

Well it’s reassuring to know that they still consider those movies to be part of the multi-canon.

Though that also means the dancing from the third movie is still canon too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel LMAO!

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I’m glad too. Relieved it went as good as it could have, and hopefully we don’t leave the country until this test nonsense disappears. Can’t say I’m surprised about your health department vaccinating people in a drive-through, that’s the most American way to do it. They should have given free Happy Meals with each vaccination lol. In any case if every test was like that I’d be less hesitant to leave, it’s the inconsistency that worries me, and not knowing how the next one’ll turn out. Some of the guys doing the tests are not gentle at all!

No Man’s Sky is an intriguing story. It had every bit of potential to screw up like Cyberpunk, yet the developers rescued it and made a great game out of it. Soundtrack’s always been good though, I love the style of the music. Really obscure, with a lot of gritty synths, rock instruments and tight-ish drums. The whole soundtrack’s also procedurally generated meaning the music you heard won’t ever be replicated in-game. The composers re-recorded parts, made variations and made an engine to make a “soundscape” of their samples. But to add to ongoing discussion; they were an indie studio, so there’s obviously a certain amount of leniency that should be allowed especially considering the sheer scope of this project. I can’t believe it only took humans seven years to build an entire universe. That… is something we can all be proud of.

Can’t say I’m a fan of security screening either. Naturally it’ll be different for everyone but letting them do their jobs is the most important thing. Security can make or break your travels; we lost an hour once at London Heathrow because I forgot to take out a water bottle from my bag. Early morning or late night journeys… I’ve also found I prefer those, it provides a sense of tranquility and peace, well, as much as you can get that in an airport. But because it’s dark people automatically become quieter, and it’s guaranteed to have less if not any kids at all. More time for focus.

20 pages is decent but now the size has increased quite dramatically. It’s about double that already, and I think the direction I’m going with it is quite satisfying. I don’t think I’ll derive from the source work in terms of story at all, the story was well paced already. Maybe cutting out some sections like… I dunno, the High Entia tomb? That was a pretty boring section of the game, so maybe Reyn won’t press that button. I can’t wait to get to Melia, though I’m not going to rush it. It’ll be a good distraction; since I have a slew of work to be done in the coming weeks. When, or if you take time aside, it’ll no doubt be bigger than what I’m saying now of course.

Getting a PlayStation nearly five years ago was important to expanding my scope as a connoisseur of video games. Things like racing games are simply impossible on Nintendo consoles, and most open world games too (unless you’re a wizard on the Zelda team). So I’m glad I’ve been able to try out different kinds of racing games; even if they take up a ton of space. I’ve tried both series actually; and they both have very strong arcade elements. I see the fun, but for me that’s not what a racing game needs to win me over head over heels. Project CARS is between sim and arcade, but closer to sim, and the handling’s quite nice. It’s sometimes too real though, with things like damage and tyre temperature. Rocket League is… amazing. I haven’t played it in a while though, probably because I’ve been skeptical about the free-to-play model so far, because I have a disc copy. I should probably look into quad activities here… it’s perfect for it after all.

Whenever playing open-world games, that have seamless transitions from one environment to another, I always end up loving the winter environments the most. And in the real world too of course; there isn’t any substitute for reality. Our RV plan thingy is for the summer so it’ll be harder to see some snow, but anything’s better than the inferno outside where I am. Getting better gradually of course, but there’s a limit to what we can take! If you have even an inkling of desire to get out there, don’t waste time contemplating it, and get out there! During holidays of course. Funny you mentioned being a happy camper, that was something I was not when camping out in the wilds in Africa. When it rained, it poured; and thought the weather was nice it was also brutal in that sense. Have you camped before?

At least people can laugh about it instead of apologise for it now! I’d imagine people’d be excited to get out of school but if they were I’d be excited to see the principal and get chewed out. I’ve already had one strike; namely when I sent friends so many emails over the school mail system that I crashed it. The limit was 20MB, by the way; so they were asking for it.

Well the whole cinema versus streaming debate is what Johansson suing Disney is all about. I think that they’re as bad as each other, frankly, but I don’t want this to set a precedent for actors suing companies because they didn’t get paid enough money. Johansson’s suing because she wasn’t happy with her deal for Black Widow (I think, that is, do correct me if I’m wrong), which promised her a percentage of cinema ticket sales, as well as, according to Disney, an eight figure sum up front. Granted, this deal was signed in early 2019 after all, before there was ever a need for streaming services, so nobody could have accounted for the significant rise in usage of streaming. But the thing of note is that Disney isn’t dealing with this behind closed doors, they’re calling her out in the open. Warner Bros had a similar issue but they settled privately.

I’ve spent too much time messing around in photo modes lately. I’ve started new playthroughs of some games on PlayStation for the sole purpose of taking screenshots. To hell with the story; I skipped all of the cutscenes (except some of the good ones of course) and dialogue. And in open-world games… there’s a lot of cutscenes. I’ve made it through Horizon: Zero Dawn, plus the PS5 port of Ghost of Tsushima, and I’ve downloaded Death Stranding again. My internet’s probably begging for mercy right now because I’ve downloaded an inhuman amount over the last week. Ghost’s 60GB, D.S. is 55GB, and Horizon’s 45GB. And with PS4-5 upgrades you get the digital edition, meaning you have to download it, not copy. I’ll share some photos in time, I think they’re alright. Hope you get something good for your birthday, a big one if I remember.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher @Eel Yeah I was gonna say that Alfred Molina, the same actor from Spider-Man 2 back in 2004, plays Doctor Octopus again, but I was wrapping up the super duper megapost above!

@Eel specifically, I don't think the older movies are part of the MCU, just the same actor for Doc Ock. Probably because nobody else could play him? I haven't actually seen S-M2...

Edit: No, it does mean something. Multiverses...

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Yes you are.

Anti-Matter

Yosh !
I have finished six drawings for my calendar 2022 projects.
Six more to go.
So far they looked good.
I have designed the calendar 2022 template with redesigned of model 2021.
The logo for project 2022 was already finished.
I have to finish my calendar 2022 project before October 2021.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@chapu2006
Oh, I have started my calendar 2022 project since year 2020.
Currently, I only have to finish the remaining six drawings + put all 12 drawings into my calendar 2022 template + add with the cover and logo + finish the additional wallpaper calendar 2022 (1 year calendar).

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

One sneak peek of my favorite Chibi Boxer design that I will put him on my calendar 2022 again.
Untitled

He is Jayden, previously appeared on my calendar 2018 and 2021.

Anti-Matter

chapuH

@Anti-Matter 6 drawings in just over a month? It's a tall order but I wish you success and the best of luck. Your drawing looks brilliant!

Hope you're having a good day.

Anti-Matter

@chapu2006
Thanks. 😀
It took more than 1 year to finish some of drawings for calendar 2022 project as i have to finish my calendar 2021 project during year 2020. Currently my remaining six unfinished drawings are just need some background added and finishing touch then done.
Btw, i used Corel Draw to design my characters in vector graphic so i can always shape the curve as my desire and adjust the outline thickness.
Here is one of my drawing from calendar 2021.
Untitled
Same Jayden but different folk.
He is a 17 years old anthro Blue Jay.
He is the classmate of Russell in the school. Jayden actually a nice guy but his behavior slowly changed as he get closer with Russell. He is the most handsome bird in his class but with Russell, he is also a troublemaker. Ironically, Endymion was used to be his classmate when they were kindergarten students. After they graduated from Kindergarten, they studied on different schools until both of them studied in the same school when they are Senior High School students. He got trained by Alberto to become Sky Boxer apprentice.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

So...It appears we're "removing" posts in the forums as well? First occurrence I've seen under the newer system. No complaints, just an observation. Not interested in knowing what was removed either.

@MarioLover92 There was a demo GBA SP at the local Kmart for years, it was mounted on display even when they weren't on shelves anymore. It had a copy of Metroid Fusion, though I'm unsure if it was a demo or the full game. Never got very far, but I enjoyed it. The last time I tried using it was shortly before they took out their electronics section. The cart either had quit working or was removed, because only the loading screen would appear. Some of the systems didn't look bad, but anything with a touch screen definitely got put through its paces. There used to be an OG 3DS unit in a Walmart near my parents place, and that poor thing's circle pad had been removed and the touch screen was pretty scratched.

I'm genuinely surprised Nintendo hasn't brought over GB/GBC/GBA games yet, those libraries would make NSO way more viable with little effort. As you mentioned, the portable nature of those games would be absolutely perfect for the Switch. Unfortunately, I've had to stick with the Wii U and 3DS VCs for a lot of those offerings. I really wish they'd give an option to buy the games outright too.

The slippery floors were really my main gripe with the original SM64. For the time it came out, the game is still very playable and quite fun. Good point about the U-turn weirdness, forgot about that too. The Browser fights did seem relatively luck-based. In fact, my first try with the final fight took way longer than it should have because I couldn't quite get the timing down.

@Link-Hero Oof, the flood mention sounds particularly unfortunate. And it also sounds like I was close with how Sony rushed the dev team. I didn't intend to imply what I do know about the game's original release was just the fault of the devs as I know there are many facets to game development. I still stand by my statement that all this industry rushing is a problem however, and I do think some of the blame falls back on more impatient fans. It's a vicious cycle.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

I certainly hadn't heard about either the flood or that it was Sony pushing them to release the game at the time, @Link-Hero .... I think most of the impatient fans are just unaware of the difficulties involved in game development, too
Not that I really know much but perhaps I'm more likely to assume that the devs would want to release the game as soon as possible & thus there must be good reasons for any delays, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Me too, Sonic 1, Virtua Racing, and more recently Puyo Puyo, I love the Sega Ages line. Even like how Virtua Racing lets me use my Switch wheel (the one you put the Joy-Cons in), and gives me that arcade feel. Even if I have to recalibrate the steering at times, it's still a nice touch.

That's really cool, I kind of notice it's using Adventure era artwork which is really cool to see.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@tekoii Can't wait to be friends with you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic