Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,361 to 54,380 of 96,305

ogo79

@Anti-Matter
if you really think about it were all talking skeletons. isnt that great?!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@ogo79
Kinda creepy to see talking skeletons in Skylanders Spyro's Adventure as the missions took on creepy underground dungeons with bones and creepy crawling creatures over there. šŸ˜¬

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

So... I set up a Twitter. For the sole purpose of posting gaming screenshots like some folks here already. You have been warned; I'm a very passionate photographer.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher That game has evolved from a serviceable game to a borderline masterpiece. So proud of the way itā€™s gone. I got the game a few months after it launched and seeing it change so massively is insane.

The soundtrack was always a banger from the start though.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Eel

Iā€™ve been using the basic Kindle almost exclusively for the last few days. Itā€™s been interesting comparing both models side by side. Hereā€™s my report.

The new basic Kindle is smaller, which is nice, the color is also really nice. The body is made of a normal rigid plastic, instead of the soft touch material from the Paperwhite, so it definitely feels a bit ā€œcheaperā€, but I got a cover anyway.

The resolution is noticeably worse compared to my old Paperwhite, with the resolution being almost half, and the screen seems to have moments when the e-ink shifting is dirtier, leaving subtle smudges between the lines that are more noticeable than on the other one, and I even saw literal stray black dots being left behind once, which didnā€™t go away until I forced a full refresh of the screen- those are definite downgrades. However, ultimately itā€™s perfectly readable.

Howeverā€¦ The light seems better. My Paperwhite, and I hadnā€™t really realized it before, has a greenish/blue light, on the cool side of the spectrum. This new basic Kindle has a considerably softer light that is more on the warm side. At first it just seemed to be dimmer, but now I find it a lot more pleasing. I even noticed that each level of light is noticeably different, while on the Paperwhite anything between 0 and 6 looks nearly identical.

Both have interesting quirks when it comes to light uniformity: the Paperwhite gets weird at the bottom, with visible distortion of light where the leds are. The basic does not have the distortion, but it definitely gets dimmer at the very top, with a subtle gradient. Also, the oddest detail: while both use a 0 to 24 escale to define the level of brightness, the Paperwhite has a secret 25th level if you keep going up, however, it is impossible to completely turn the light off. On the basic, that final 25th level is gone, but the light can be turned off completely.

For some reason, audiobooks are not accesible with my country settings, so the Bluetooth component is not usable unless I decide to mess with settings and jump through hoops, so whatever. So, the only other new thing this model has that my other one doesnā€™t is a new battery saving feature that more or less turns the Kindle completely off when you stop using for several minutes. It takes a bit longer to wake it up, but itā€™s supposed to extend the battery considerably so Iā€™ve decided to keep that on.

So far Iā€™m enjoying the color of the light on the new one, and the smaller form factor. Though I do notice the pixels every now and then.

Thatā€™s it for todayā€™s episode of useless information. Thanks, and good night.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@TheJGG And with that, you get this quote from the Lorax, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is ever going to get better it's not"

And they did care, and with that we got this amazing game.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@Snatcher Isn't No Man's Sky the game that was considered underwhelming at launch but improved massively as time went on? Sounds like it should've spent longer in the oven before the final product was in most people's hands. Though unfortunately, "Release it now, patch later" seems to be an increasingly common industry trend....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I never seen anything Sonic related at any arcade. Plenty of Sega games over the years, the closest to seeing Sonic was in Daytona USA, Sonic appears carved in a wall.

I use to love playing their arcade racer, Sega Super GT (S.C.U.D. Race in some regions), which makes me sad to know the indie game 90s Super GT is just sitting there in development since it looks like that game.

If anything, I really wish Sega Super GT was part of the Sega Ages line. One of my favorite arcade games the few times I went to an arcade a long time ago.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I think so to.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah yeah, I remember those handheld demo kiosks from back in the day. That was actually the very first time I played the Game Boy Advance, we were at Target one day and they had a GBA kiosk with Mario Kart: Super Circuit in it. Wow those systems you've seen have gone through some abuse, huh? I haven't noticed anything like that in my area, I'm sure they were just young kids. Hopefully that was the case, we know by now that kiosks were there to provide test drives of games. My stores don't have playable Switch demos anymore, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I don't go all-out on finding glitches in games either, usually I just focus on playing the game itself. Would be cool to see N64 games on the Switch...I was thinking that it'd be nice for Game Boy and GBA games to be added to NSO's retro game catalog too. They're literally perfect for it. They fit the Switch's portable nature spot-on, every player would have their own game screen during online multiplayer, and they are about as demanding as the NES and SNES in terms of hardware specs. They'd complement the NES and SNES games beautifully.

Wasn't sure on what field I wanted to go to after I graduated from high school either, lol. So I did quite a lot of experimenting during my college days. I took a bunch of computer and art/design classes, since those resonate with me the best.

Ah yeah I see where you were coming from...Mario kinda seems like he's on ice in that game. The one control quirk that gets me is if I want to go to another direction, he does a u-turn unless I stop dead in my tracks. Never liked the Bowser fights either. Sometimes it feels luck-based when you're trying to throw him to one of the bombs. I've played SM64 since the N64 days, I still have my original copy. I played the DS version too, but yeah...I like the original version more.

@Sunsy I saw a Daytona USA machine in the local raceway back then too, though it unfortunately closed for good. My uncle loved playing it back when he had a Sega Saturn too. Really wish Sega kept going with their Sega Ages line, I feel that they stopped it way too soon.

Oh yeah, here's the Sonic roulette I told you about, which is the Sonic and Tails spinner. I took this pic from one of my previous vacations. Thought you'd like seeing it.
Untitled

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

Thank me later.

Snatcher

@Eel This trailer is hella cool.

TheFrenchiestFry

So it's Spider-Verse + One More Moment in Time + Let's just use the multiverse to assemble the Sinister Six lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter Good for you. Would you like a cookie to go with that statement?

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry YES, Also I have been looking at the trailer, and I think, now It might, But there is a really big figure in the back in one part of the trailer, and, well, I could be anyone but It actually looks lik venom.

@Anti-Matter We know.

Snatcher

Just click on it to see it better, But Its still to hard to tell what it is.

Untitled

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher How the heck is this a teaser; it's three minutes! But man that was a good one. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds now. Peter's insecurity and lack of experience with fame'll be a good dynamic to explore.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic