Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,261 to 54,280 of 96,305

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Oh, sorry. Sometimes I didn't realize if I got another replies while I was typing a long comment to other user. 😣

Edit: Done. I have edited the post.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter thanks

———

In other news. The iOS version of the Ace Attorney Trilogy received a new update.

They made the game look considerably worse. Don’t you love those updates?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

Console repair place emailed me about my gamecube diagnostic. The console is fine!!! It's my ac adapter that failed. That's kinda good news. Guess I need to source a gamecube ac adapter, if anyone has any personal recommendations. Probably doesn't matter where I find one, though.

@Anti-Matter If you get Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, and want any tips, feel free to ask me. I will say, do not get the game on xbox one. I've played it on my brother's xbox one, and reaching the front shoulder buttons is surprisingly awkward. I dare say terrible. Get the game for playstation or switch instead. That's my opinion.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Well, of course i will not get the XBOX ONE games as requiring online checking to play an offline game was killing my interest.
I will unable to play XBOX ONE games offline without internet connection.
That was very wrong idea for video game machine.

Oh, did you play Wave Race Blue Storm on Gamecube ?
If so, what do you think about the gameplay and the control ?

Anti-Matter

ogo79

anyone heard from @ThanosReXXX?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@ogo79
Yeah, he was absent for several days.
Maybe he has a lot of work and have no time to chit chat here.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@dmcc0 Yeah I think the Dreamcast looks great in black. Most of Sega's previous consoles were black as well, so it fits. It still looks really cool in white, though.

@Anti-Matter Your apology is accepted. I hope you've learned from our little talk - just don't do that again. If you see us talking about Legend of Zelda or anything you have no interest in, you could just not post about it. Simply talking about those upcoming games from Play-Asia is fine in my book.

As for Mario Kart: Double Dash, what I like to do is I get the first item block, then before I get a second one, I switch characters. This way, I can be fully stocked during the race, and I'll use them when necessary. (Example: if I'm in first place and my rear character has a banana peel or a green shell, I can deploy them backwards if a red shell is about to hit me.) So yes, you can get two items in Double Dash, and every pair of characters has their own special item. Mario and Luigi can throw a row of five fireballs, Peach and Daisy can have two hearts that allow them to grab items from the ground, Yoshi and Birdo can throw a homing egg that can hatch items on impact, etc. MK:DD is one of my favorite games in the Mario Kart series, by the way - it's definitely the most unique one.

The last game I played was Blaster Master Zero 3. I liked the first two games (plus the NES original), and it's the last game in the series, so I may as well get it and play through it. I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf as well, I started a new town in it. I've been getting into Advance Wars as well. I made some nice progress in the first game, and I've recently been playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I never got Advance Wars 2, I was thinking of either getting that on the Wii U Virtual Console, or waiting until Advance Wars 1 + 2 comes out for the Switch.

@Tyranexx I didn't play much of the GTA games, as I wasn't allowed to play it back then. I was too young at the time. I have a lot of fond memories playing the Jak and Daxter games - the first game in particular was what made me want the PS2! I got that alongside Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex - I've been familiar with Crash during the PS1 days, so that's pretty much why I got it. I played a lot of the Tony Hawk games as well, believe it or not. What me and my brother would do is make a bunch of custom skate parks and fool around in them, lol. Another game I remember playing was Naruto: Ultimate Ninja. That was when my brother was going through his Naruto phase and I thought it was a pretty decent fighting game.

I've been pretty good at math in most cases, I did make it up to calculus and linear algebra. It's just that physics was insanely tough for me. Hopefully I won't have to deal with that again, lol. I never took earth science, biology, or chemistry, as I was into computers and art during my time in college.

Edit: Well, I screwed up, Tyranexx. I totally overlooked your favorite console, lol. I love the 3DS as well! There's a ton of excellent games for it. I replayed A Link Between Worlds not too long ago, and it's still an excellent Zelda game. I've replayed other 3DS games like Super Mario 3D Land (a very solid handheld Mario game), and more recently, Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I keep forgetting to play it though, because, you know, real life matters. My villagers were wondering what the heck I've been doing with my life, lol. I want to get to playing more of Pokemon Omega Ruby, too.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Seems I missed a lot of fun over on the NS thread. For the better. Especially with the "OLED Switch" jibe.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Oh, i played ACNL too.
I have three copies of ACNL (2 copies of ACNL, 1 copy of Welcome Amiibo) with three different islands.
My first island from ACNL (named Neptune) was already well developed (have Gracie open her boutique at 3rd floor of T&T Emporium), have all fruits while the other two copies were still haven't got Gracie open her fashion boutique.
Did you play ACNL Online recently ?
I have ever playing ACNL Online during year 2015 - 2016 before the game got updated with Welcome Amiibo.
The Welcome Amiibo update keep asking players to not share any FC in Tortimer Island, but i knew players still did that.

About Double Dash, it seems the character swapping was the only unique feature in Mario Kart games. I watched from Youtube and the game only have four different cups, no Retro cups (featured on Mario Kart Wii for the first time) so i think the unlockable things from Double Dash just only 16 different tracks. Also, is the game running on 60 fps ?

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter I haven't played Wave Race on gamecube. I only bought a few games for that console.
Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Simpsons Hit & Run
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I actually played with someone from the AC:NL friend code thread fairly recently. A couple months ago, I think. That was done with the Welcome Amiibo update.

Yeah, Double Dash is the only Mario Kart game where you can use two characters at once. It's the first one that lets you pick different karts, as well. There are indeed just 4 cups, 16 tracks - that was before retro cups became a thing. It runs in 60 FPS too - I remember being impressed that it ran at that framerate after Mario Kart 64.

Mario Kart DS was actually the first one to have retro cups, not Mario Kart Wii. If you wanna go further than that, Super Circuit had those unlockable extra cups that had all the tracks from Super Mario Kart. However it wasn't until MKDS where you could play the retro tracks from the get go.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

life is too short for petty disagreements. as you can tell...the way this world is these days, theres a lot more to be disagreeing on rather than game preferences/tastes. we come here to unite in some form or another. lets not make this place feel like its not an escape route.
because it is.
everyone has their own reality.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

dmcc0 wrote:

@MarioLover92 The Dreamcast looks awesome in black though, just a pity about that big ugly logo on top.

i can agree to this statement to the fullest.

the_shpydar wrote:

Zuljaras

@ogo79 I too hope that Thanos is on a vacation or something like that! His sculpture is on hold until he returns

In the meantime today I finished my drawing of an island!

Untitled

Anti-Matter

Oh, wow.
I have finished the storyline of Skylanders Swap Force PS3 already. 😀
The first Skylanders game i have finished by 1 week since i got the game on 10 August 2021.
It just only until chapter 17 to beat Kaos as Final Boss and after some search from wiki, there were two additional chapters as adventures packs (branched from chapter 1 mission).
Well, i will see what it looks like as i'm waiting the credit roll finished.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@ogo79 Well said.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter I'm not sure SEGA were trying too hard to be cool, but they did make some strange decisions with the Dreamcast. The timing of the release for one - I think they released in the US around the time the PS2 was announced so everyone basically just decided to wait for that instead.
I also remember reading that EA wanted exclusivity for sports games on DC, but SEGA refused because they'd just acquired 2K so no EA sport games would've hurt them pretty badly too; The likes of FIFA and Madden were pretty much console sellers back then. Add that to lack of DVD player, no dual analogues on the (massive) controllers, and the fact a lot of 3rd party developers ignored it due to being apparently difficult to develop for, it's easy looking back to see why it wasn't successful.

Despite all that The DreamCast had a great library of games (or maybe a library of great games?) - some fantastic SEGA 1st party stuff and Capcom supported it really well too - and was arguably a little ahead of it's time in terms of the online capabilities.

@MarioLover92 It does look good in white, but harder to find a model that's not all yellowed now though - mine is looking pretty rough these days. I've been meaning to Retrobrite it for a while now, just never got around to doing it.

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
Wow, so that's why Dreamcast failed.
Well, i'm not a SEGA fan despite i have a few games by SEGA on both Nintendo and PlayStation machines such as Sonic Generations PS3, Sonic Lost World 3DS, Beijing 2008 PS3, London 2012 PS3, Tokyo 2020 PS4, Mario & Sonic Olympic games 2008 Wii, Virtua Tennis 4 PS3. But i hardly to enjoy SEGA games i bought as their games are pretty hard on some levels and the control schemes for older Olympic games was really hard to execute in great timing.
Well, i'm a different kind of gamer so i'm not even a fan of Dreamcast games library as i still like PS2 games library as the Best games library for 2000's era games. DDR and other BEMANI Rhythm games by Konami + K-1 + Bomberman + Monster Farm 4 + Ratchet & Clank + FF X/X-2 + FF XII + some 3rd party 3D platformer games on PS2 are the reasons i like PS2 games library.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic