Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,201 to 54,220 of 96,451

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter It's possible to play through it, all the jumps are doable. Though I would make a backup of the save before the volcano level. There's a game breaking glitch in that level if you reach the end before collecting everything.

As mentioned in the past, I feel Attack of the Twonkies is the best of the three. It captures the series humor and style, while just being a good game. That's just my personal opinion on it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Gosh...
Thanks for the little warning for Jimmy Neutron games.
So I guess I will watch more the gameplay video of Attack of Twonkies.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's good. Sonic Spinball is a pretty decent game I think, though just like with pinball in general, the ball (in this case, Sonic himself) tends to go all over the place. So it feels luck-based at times, especially when you're trying to finish these tables and beat Eggman. Speaking of pinball, I went ahead and downloaded Space Cadet Pinball on my Windows 10 laptop a while ago - I play it from time to time. Too bad it wasn't included. Pretty sure the last time it was included was on Windows XP.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter You're welcome. I remember getting the glitch the first time I played. At the end of the Volcano of Doom level, if Jimmy misses an item to finish the level, the door at the end of the level won't open when you attempt the level later, making it unable to finish the level. Usually to avoid it, you have to collect every key item (invention parts, ignoring optional collectables is fine) before the level ends. Which means if you don't backup your save via GameCube (or PS2) file management to another memory card, you end up starting the game all over again.

Do that, I always found that to be the best Jimmy Neutron game personally. Will say, I like the GBA version of Jet Fusion more. I find it kinda cool someone made a metroidvania game based off one of my favorite cartoons, though it uses a password to save. Still a fun little game IMO.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Hah! I'm not sure if there's a distinct medical field just related to the butt (or posterior, rump, etc.), but I'd hope it's something some doctors-to-be are trained on! Otherwise, I'm not looking forward to when I reach the age for a colonoscopy...

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I didn't really see them out in the wild much. It was my first true smartphone, paid for by my work at the time. I was allowed to use it for personal needs too. To be fair, I chose it since a coworker was singing praises about his own, but we both eventually had to concede that the app market for it wasn't amazing. iOS and Android already had too much of the market cornered. I've heard the story of Sega's console downfall, though I admittedly don't have any experience with their machines outside of the Genesis.

Where I grew up didn't have much in the way of physical comics; a grocery store's revolving rack was pretty much all there was. I mostly read kid's comics, like some Disney offerings, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Scooby-Doo. Still have a few of them actually. I did occasionally read some superhero material as I got older however, and I still own a couple issues of Batman Beyond. Unfortunately, that store stopped stocking comics around the time I finished high school. I also inherited a couple of old Archie comics and digests from my great-grandparents when my great aunt was cleaning out the house to live in. I didn't realize my great-grandpa read them in his retirement until then.

@Anti-Matter Welcome back! ^_^

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Hiya. šŸ˜€
I got some new games to keep busy on.
After spending 155+ hours for Yokai Watch 3 Tempura, I played Skylanders Spyro's Adventure and Swap Force on PS3 for the first time.
Also, I continued to play Go Vacation Switch again to finish all the activities as I can and have some trip to enjoy the scenery. Marine resort was my favorite resort to visit, already traveled more than 740,000 feet according to my number records. The other resorts were around 600,000+ feet.

Pokemon Direct will be on 18 August 2021. I don't expect much for BDSP and Legend of Arceus as I played Pokemon games very casually, still prefer to play Yokai Watch games on 3DS with 3 vs 3 battle style.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

@Eel well theres a lot of mexican action figures that never made it here, rather cool looking actually.
and thats my history on my half race!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

Luchador figurines kinda look like muscular skeletons.

Well technically luchadores are muscular skeletons.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TOUGHDUDE94

You want to hear this the fact checkers took down the pokemon direct post

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I thank you again for the kind wishes. And right-on as per usual, I didnā€™t realise I needed that holiday until it was over. Glad I agreed to go though; it gave me a much needed rest after all the nonsense we had to go through last year (both we as a civilisation and we as in my family). A bit of a godsend that we didnā€™t get sick, but something could have incubated during our domestic flight, where vaccination isnā€™t mandatory to board, being domestic. So weā€™ll get a second (mandated by the government) test on Tuesday. Almost felt like theyā€™re getting more and more painful every time I do it, unfortunatelyā€¦

Frankly the internet at the hotel proved we were spoilt back at home. The service is incredible, and the reliability is second to none (though that means little compared to a country where we had to move out of our house and stay at a hotel just because the power cut for three days). Unfortunate policy but understandable considering the droves of people coming in. But relaxing by the pool (and sometimes by the beach) made me pick up ā€œA Clash of Kingsā€ again (the second book in ā€œA Song of Ice and Fireā€ by George R.R. Martin). Really engrossing but really hard to digest. Took me a year to get through fifteen chapters.

Speaking of chapters Iā€™ve had a good go at writing some more of my Xenobladeā€¦ (dunno what to call it) novelā€¦ fanfiction? Eh, itā€™s up for debate but the point stands. Iā€™ve had a fair bit of practice writing non-fiction already but fictionā€™s a completely different beast altogether as Iā€™ve found. Iā€™ve written about forty pages so far, until the point where the Mechon begin invading Colony 9. Sometimes itā€™s a fun way to relax.

I also thought playing virtual golf would at least help a bit but nothing beats the real thing, for almost any sport. But after getting a few good rounds in last year the practice advantage evaporated since I didnā€™t manage to play in over a year before this time. After four games I only managed to loseā€¦ four balls. Out of twenty that were given out between me and Dad, Iā€™d say it was a decent rate. As for the Olympics; Iā€™ll admit that I freaked out when I heard the Dragon Quest overture, the first video game song that was played during the Tokyo opening ceremony. Recognised it very quickly, and then a few more that made me very happy indeed. Shame Nintendo pulled out but Iā€™m sure they have their reasons. But some of the stuff choreographed during that show was amazing. Watch it in due time to see what I mean, trust me, you will be surprised.

Humansā€™ll have excuses, but whether theyā€™re genuineā€¦ people donā€™t have very good track records. ā€œAs soon as humans began to think, they began to lie,ā€ musings of the great philosopherā€¦ me. Itā€™s beenā€¦ sort of relieving to get back to a stricter mask environment, because as restricting as it sounds, for me it makes me feel much safer. Though half the time itā€™s so hot here wearing a mask makes me wish I was dead. Seems thatā€™s a problem thatā€™ll persist for another six weeks at least for me, it can get to over 110 degrees in the afternoon. Iā€™m surprised I donā€™t pass out after five minutes. Not that Iā€™ve been silly enough to be out that long.

Made theā€¦ interesting choice of sprinkling chocolate chips into my jar of peanut butter, to create a new ā€œblendā€ of sorts. Unfortunately itā€™s a bit too sweet, unlike the kind of chocolates I like. At least you have tried Lindt confections, Iā€™ll share your sentiments that their truffles are dangerously addictive. Iā€™m feeling peckish now; I had lunch a few hours ago, but not dinner. Time to try that sickly chocolate-peanut butter spread. Glad to know you enjoyed them however, perhaps youā€™ll be able to have a few more come the holiday season.

Iā€™m no superfan of the MCU but the best thing about them is that jumping in is very easy. First one I saw in cinemas was Endgame, probably one of the ones that youā€™d want to see last out of all the MCU movies youā€™d see in cinemas. But I came away feeling it was a great way to end it all. Iā€™ll list three films I think are important to watching Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame; Thor: Ragnarok (because the ending for that movie is the beginning of Infinity War), Captain America: Civil War (because the main characters have backstory from that film), and Black Panther. Those three, and then you can jump into the two aforementioned films without being out of the loop too much. Watch Black Widow after you finish all that; for dramatic effect.

I died almost instantly when fighting the final boss the first time, I still have no idea how the first phase works. Itā€™s dependant on oneā€™s reaction time, and Iā€™m a bit slow when it comes to finer movement. The stakes, music and scale of it all makes it an incredible fight, so Iā€™ll make sure Iā€™m ready before tackling it. Iā€™m now in a bit of gaming limbo, because Iā€™m just waiting for some games to come out; namely the new Life is Strange, Ghost of Tsushimaā€™s PS5 version (and Death Strandingā€™s too), and a few more here and there. Have you heard of the whole ā€œAbandonedā€ conspiracy? Because Iā€™m a fan of Death Stranding (and therefore of Kojima) Iā€™m naturally very intrigued by it all.

Funny you mention moving stuff around; I got a nice MIDI controller for making music. I have no experience with keyboards so itā€™ll be hard to completely rely on it, but for things like drums Iā€™m nowā€¦ covered. Bad joke aside itā€™s pretty small, with only two octaves of keys, so itā€™s an example of thinking to the future, and moving and all. Physical games are actually cheaper here than in the UK so I have more reason to get them here instead of spending money on shipping. Butā€¦ yes, DDLC was vastly engrossing. Funnily one of the features I thought on paper was useless was quite the opposite; the music player. The music is great; and something worth listening to while reading, or browsing the web on a laptop while having the TV play it. Why so specific? Because I did that!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah I see, goes to show how much more successful the other mobile platforms are. I wanted a Dreamcast back when it came out (really wanted to play Sonic Adventure back then), but I think it was too expensive at the time so I ended up sticking with the N64 before the GameCube and GBA came out. I did get one from eBay, but later on, it started to reset itself in the middle of gameplay. The game would stop, then it would go to the console menu and reload the game. I pretty much had all the Sega consoles from eBay during my Sonic phase when I was 12, lol.

Ah, so they stopped selling comics, sorry about that. Besides the Sonic Archie comics, the ones I've been familiar with were the ones on newspapers and stuff like that. I have read a few Garfield comics back then, and my dad's a massive fan of Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter My Dreamcast had a habit of resetting itself while I was playing it. I don't have it anymore.

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Yeah, that was a pretty frustrating issue. It doesn't even have a reset button to begin with.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
BTW, little question just for curiosity.
When I finished playing Gamecube game from my Wii, I pressed the Reset button first then I pressed the Power button to turn off the machine, then I pressed Eject button to eject my Gamecube disc from my Wii, after that i plugged off the Wii power cable from electricity. Did I do right or wrong to eject Gamecube game from Wii machine ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Anti-Matter wrote:

Thanks for the little warning for Jimmy Neutron games.

I forgot to mention in my post last night that only Jet Fusion on GameCube and PS2 have this game breaking bug. The other Jimmy Neutron games don't have it and play from start to finish.

Apologies for leaving this info out.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I find Spinball a fun twist on pinball, it does get easier on where you need to hit the ball on the flipper, and where to go. I also enjoyed Sonic Pinball Party, Pinball of the Dead (basically House of the Dead 2, but in pinball form), Pokemon Pinball, Zen Pinball 3D, and Pokemon Pinball. I've always liked playing pinball video games. I think I have Pinball for NES via e-Reader cards (yes, I still have this).

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter What I do is I turn off the Wii, then I eject the GameCube disc. That's pretty much it. I wouldn't say your method is "wrong," per se, though I don't think you need to reset or unplug your console's power. Especially if you're gonna be using it regularly.

@Sunsy Oh that's cool, I had Sonic Pinball Party as well. My brother had Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, though we never had the first one. I have Zen Pinball 3D as well, which is pretty good. My local arcade has a Super Mario Bros. pinball machine as well!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic