Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,181 to 54,200 of 96,534

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx The thread's full of chaos? Oh noes! Did Perfect Chaos come in and wreck everything?

Fully on board with you on fall! My aunt was actually one of the few people who had a Windows Phone, and even then she didn't like it. She eventually went to an iPhone. Didn't know that Blackberry is trying to come back. And yeah, I do prefer Android over iOS, I like its interface more and they're nowhere near as expensive.

I'm not a big comic book guy myself, I've always been into video games and anime, but yeah I think I like DC more than Marvel overall. Batman's a pretty cool superhero, not gonna lie. That's cool you've seen the entire trilogy. I've only seen the first Tim Burton one, but I do recommend it if you liked the Dark Knight trilogy. I heard Batman Returns is a little darker, I've seen Nostalgia Critic touch on that one for a bit before he reviewed...........that one movie we shouldn't talk about. lol

@Sunsy Yeah, poor Amy...she doesn't really get a chance to shine in Advance 2. Oh okay, good to know! I might give Advance 3 a replay, and I'll try to go for the Chaos Emeralds. Just gotta turn off the time limit and be more explorative in the levels, but I'm generally good at that sort of thing. I still have my original copy.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, the chao definitely save. Still have mine too, and the original box. I picked up Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic 1 GBA at the same time, but I still have the box and manual. One of the few GBA games I have complete.

I do kind of regret throwing out the Sonic 1 GBA box as it's one of the few times Sega reused the US-style classic Sonic artwork. I still do have the manual to it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I finally got Mario Power Tennis Gamecube USA version. 😀
After played until Flower Cup, I was thinking was there any unlockable things because it seems all characters already available from beginning and the other Gameplay mode also already exist from beginning ?
My first impression with the gameplay, it was pretty to the point than Mario Tennis Aces that disappointed me. Mario Power Tennis felt easier than Virtua Tennis 4 by SEGA / Mario Tennis Open 3DS from my experience so far.

I dunno but everytime I played games that made by SEGA, I have tendency to neglect the games as I felt SEGA games was pretty difficult to play and it turned me off oftenly.
Beijing 2008 on PS3 (and also the Mario Sonic 2008 on Wii) was pretty hard to execute proper commands for specific sports, London 2012 on PS3 was okay but some sports still felt unplayable, Tokyo 2020 on PS4 was way better than previous Olympic games but I felt the CPU was pretty hard to defeat or too smart, Virtua Tennis 4 was pretty hard to defeat the CPU as I saw the ball was not drop properly everytime I smash the ball (the ball always bouncing higher so the CPU can always counter my shots), Sonic Generations on PS3 was not really made to get excited as I still have panic reaction for running in high speed and did quick trigger, Sonic Lost World on 3DS was already turned me off for falling into bottomless pit frequently on World 1-2.

Maybe I have fated to not get the chemistry from SEGA games and it made me nervous to consider any SEGA / Sonic games for kids.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Thanks, she’s two days in and loving it, so it’s all very exciting. The anxiety that comes with finding the right school for kids is similar to the anxiety that comes with job hunting. After years of trying, we finally got her into a good public system, so it’s a massive relief.

If I was somehow transported to a Pizza Hut buffet in 1991, I’d probably eat a giant Bacos salad floating in a bowl of ranch soup, maybe half to 3/4 of a pepp pie split evenly between pan and thin crust, and as much desert pizza, chocolate pudding and Jello as my parents would allow me to eat.

@ogo79 - Hellfire and brimstone, that’s Dethlor’s music... what’s he doin here?!? Yeah man, I have a whole new respect for educators after home schooling last year. I teach my kids all the time, whether I try to or not, but it’s best for someone else to educate them for sure. Too much dynamics skewing. I just wanna be stupid ole dad. I love fall, no wonder you’re so spooky though; getting born with a tombstone hand and graveyard mind on the second full moon of October ‘79.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Hey, I heard your kids already study at school after one year home schooling.
Was your place already safe to send kids go to school as in my place the pandemic was still very serious and not safe to send kids to public places ?

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool. I really wish I kept all my GBA game boxes in hindsight, those would have looked nice in my game room or bedroom. I have kept a number of manuals too. Though, I had a bad habit of writing/drawing on them and my player's guides when I was really young. XD I used to have those posters of Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3 that came with the games themselves. Pretty sure Sonic Battle came with a poster as well. I like the US artwork for the old Sonic games as well - come to think of it, I like the artwork for a lot of the older Super Mario games too - just looking at them gives me a ton of nostalgia, lol. I'm like that with the modern 2D Mario artworks too!

@Anti-Matter Welcome back Anti, I hope you're doing well. Cool to see you got Mario Power Tennis. It's been a long time since I played it but it probably has unlockables - you might want to look the game up on GameFAQs, that's one of the ways I've looked up unlockables for games when I was young.

Yeah, Sega games can get pretty tough, especially when playing them for the first time. When I first played Sonic 2, I couldn't get past Chemical Plant Zone. As I kept playing it, I would get stuck at Hill Top Zone, then Wing Fortress, and then finally the final boss at Death Egg. I eventually got to beat it, so that took a lot of practice and perseverance, and I'm glad to have finished it and the other Sonic games. They get easier and more rewarding the more you play them, especially when you're into the gameplay itself to begin with.

There's still some Sega games I still haven't finished yet, but I still enjoy, particularly on the Genesis/Mega Drive. Examples being Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, the Shinobi series, and the Streets of Rage series.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I pretty much have most of my GBA manuals. I think I might have those in a draw somewhere. If you remember, THQ co-published most of Sega's GBA games in the US (Sonic 1, Sonic Pinball Party, and Chu Chu Rocket were published by Sega themselves), and THQ almost always included posters. I remember a few Jimmy Neutron games I have came with mini-posters. Always loved that little bonus, added something to my bedroom at the time.

Yeah, it's kind of a cool piece of history too since they styled the characters a bit differently in the early 90's.

Edit: All this Sega and Sonic GBA talk reminds me, I have Sega Smash Pack on GBA. That had a rather good port of Sonic Spinball IMO, albeit just using Toxic Cave's music for each level due to limitations (Golden Axe and Ecco were on the cart too). THQ co-published this one too.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I heard from review about Jimmy Neutron games on PS2 / Gamecube, the issues I oftenly heard was the control schemes and some missions that can put the gamer into stress for awkward control schemes. I got same stressful experience from Rocket Power Gamecube game (published by THQ) which there was a mission that I must collect 10 rockets within 5 minutes from skateboard area that really annoying in control schemes. I failed for many times in a row and it turned me off to continue the game like there was no way to continue the game by given that ridiculous hard challenge to accomplish and very awkward controlling schemes. Also, I realized every games from cartoon series which published by THQ during early 2000's era mostly I heard they were not good in term of controlling schemes and the missions with ridiculous hard situation to continue the storyline.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah I remember the THQ logo on the Sonic Advance game boxes, I thought that company made the games at first, but nope, they were still developed by Sonic Team. Kinda odd they published them in the US, especially since Sega themselves released the Sonic games on the GameCube, but it's no big deal. I've heard of the GBA version of Sega Smash Pack (I think it was on a Nintendo Power issue), but I never had it. I saw a gameplay video of it on YouTube and Sonic Spinball looked surprisingly good. Though I'd pretty much just go to Mega Collection or the Genesis Mini if I want to play it. Sonic Spinball is really tough, by the way...I did make it to the final level, but that was it. Lost my last life early on.

Tyranexx

@TheJGG I hope you had a good holiday! Much-needed time away does everyone some good. I hope your mom got some amazing presents! I'll take that massage gun if you don't think it'll be put to good use. Most important of all is that your family's excursion wasn't soured by a positive test result. I'm not sure I've been to a place with a device connectivity limit, though I have been to places with slow internet service (my parents' place on weekends, for example) where it was wiser for everyone not to connect to the network at once. I suppose the device limit was for similar reasons. Nothing wrong with occasionally unplugging for a little while.

Honestly, I'd probably try way harder than necessary at golf. That average score of four is certainly better than what I could do without a ton of practice! Though outside of a virtual environment, I have no experience with true golf. I'd probably end up chasing a whole herd of stray golf balls with one of my clubs out of frustration. XD I...admittedly didn't watch the Olympics. It isn't really my thing. Though I do need to look up the opening ceremony footage. Not only is that something I do enjoy watching, but all the alleged video game music that was featured will be a nice bonus.

I can sort of forgive the whole "mask under nose" thing if someone genuinely is having trouble breathing, but at that point I think they should explore alternatives like face shields...though I'm not a big fan of those either. And I do feel for those few who have sensory disorders who just can't stand masks. Humans have disobeyed rules ever since humans decided to human. Especially if ancient graffiti is anything to go by! XD I'm definitely trying to follow my own advice. In fact, some nasty weather that rolled through right before I went grocery shopping helped thin the crowd by the time I arrived at the local store enough to where I was comfortable.

While I like sweet chocolate, I'm not often picky about how it tastes as long as it isn't too bitter (or too cheaply made...believe me, never jump for off-brand dollar store chocolate). I went to the trouble of looking up the Lindt brand before posting, and it turns out I have tried some of their confections! Their Lindor truffles, in fact. A package of those is one of the Christmas gifts my dad often gets my mother. Very good, and very rich! I just ate supper a little while ago, but now I'm making myself hungry! Kinda freaky that we're starting to draw towards Christmas, not that I'm complaining!

Ah, no prob, so it was Taika Waititi. I haven't seen those movies either, TBH. From what little I do know about those films, however, they're certainly worth watching! I've seen the MCU films piecemeal; I've seen the first two Avengers movies, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Ant-Man and the Wasp. I've seen both Deadpool movies, but they're technically not tied in. I was tempted to go see Avengers: Endgame, but I also didn't want any spoilers from previous movies. Black Panther was all the rage here when it hit theaters, really wish I'd gotten around to seeing it. Unfortunately, it wasn't the only release I wanted to watch at the time lol. Black Widow is currently out, I'm kind of interested in that one too but am on the fence.

Up to the final boss sequence, huh? I remember my first time through, I could NOT figure out the key to phase 2. I think I tried just about everything until I...admittedly caved and looked up how to beat the guy. Even then, there were no guarantees that you'd get lucky anytime soon with drawing the lightning. The buildup to the fight is excellent. I wouldn't call it my favorite final boss sequence in the series, but it's one of the better ones. The music certainly aids in the epic feel! Round 3 of The Imprisoned drove me crazy the first time too. The first few tries, I didn't succeed in beating him into submission before he reached the temple. Perseverance prevailed, but I wasn't very happy. XD They aren't poor fights, but I'm not a fan of how they can drag on.

I certainly understand not wanting to haul a ton of unnecessary items around, especially if one is moving far away or moves around a lot in general. It's one of the benefits I concede to digital games. DDLC roped you in that easily? I could see it taking me some time since I'm not the speediest reader (Beneficial as it can be, the "read to absorb" tendency doesn't lend itself to fast completion). Sounds like there's plenty of replayability, which is good news! Especially for a visual novel. I've been diving into them more lately, from loosely related games like the Professor Layton series (technically they're point & click puzzlers, but there's plenty of text too) to a couple of World of Darkness VNs I've picked up. Not doing much actual playing is a nice change of pace now and again, especially if I'm up for a good read!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@ogo79 Hah, Bimily is bimmy-lee's ingenious invention, so he deserves all the credit. XD That's not the first time he's used various forms of "Bim" to refer to his family members, so I've picked it up as a compliment.

Maybe I'll find a partner in crime to do everything with one day. But I do quite enjoy my Tyranexx time too.

@NintendoByNature Honestly, as I just scrolled past a YT video regarding flatulence from a science-based channel, it's probably in the near future. X3

@MarioLover92 The word was brought up so many times up there (even if it was Sonic-related) that I couldn't resist.

The lack of apps is what gradually killed the Windows Phone, but the final nail in the coffin was when Microsoft dropped support. I was using that phone when Pokemon Go first launched, so unfortunately I wasn't able to get in on the Poke-party early on. However, the camera on my Lumia was amazing for the time, I liked using Cortana, and I played more rounds than I care to admit in Sonic Dash. XD

I like comics, I don't read them religiously and mostly read kid's comics back in the day. Didn't get into a lot of the hero-related ones outside of Batman. I'm gradually picking up some of the must-reads; I read Batman: Year One last year and picked up The Long Halloween recently but haven't dived into it yet. I really do need to catch up on the Tim Burton films, though I sort of know what happens in the first one. As for the movie that shouldn't be named...yeah, I've seen a few clips of it, and it's so campy it's glorious.

@bimmy-lee Glad things are going well for your daughter! Sounds like you and Mrs. Bim nailed the placement. Education is very important and is a major way in which society will keep moving forward. Remember to frame all those awesome projects!

Pizza Hut's dessert pizza is the best! It's a shame the Huts that used to exist around here stopped carrying them years ago. I loved the blueberry, but apple and cherry were pretty good too. And those cinnamon sticks...I probably ate through enough of those as a kid to invite a heart attack. Not to mention all the different kinds of pizza on the buffet that didn't have those terrible green bell peppers....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx hah! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it. Butt studies 101 may get you college credit in the future.

NintendoByNature

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 Hah, Bimily is bimmy-lee's ingenious invention, so he deserves all the credit. XD That's not the first time he's used various forms of "Bim" to refer to his family members, so I've picked it up as a compliment.

Maybe I'll find a partner in crime to do everything with one day. But I do quite enjoy my Tyranexx time too.

lol bimily is fantastic
im like you i enjoy my own time myself

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Hellfire and brimstone, that’s Dethlor’s music... what’s he doin here?!? Yeah man, I have a whole new respect for educators after home schooling last year. I teach my kids all the time, whether I try to or not, but it’s best for someone else to educate them for sure. Too much dynamics skewing. I just wanna be stupid ole dad. I love fall, no wonder you’re so spooky though; getting born with a tombstone hand and graveyard mind on the second full moon of October ‘79.

all of this

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I see...I guess that's what happens when a particular product doesn't sell well. Not a lot of people had a Windows Phone, from what I've seen in real life, anyway. I remember reading that Sega pretty much did the same thing with the Saturn and Dreamcast, they were literally only on the market for like 2 years. They were SO close with the Dreamcast, by the way. Its launch was awesome...but it went downhill the next year and as we all know, they stopped making consoles altogether.

Speaking of comics and Sega, I read some Sonic comics as a kid back in the day. Sonic Mega Collection had those scans of the old Sonic comics you could read, alongside other stuff. Much later on, I ended up getting a Sonic/Mega Man crossover comic, which was a really nice read - especially for someone like me who's a fan of both franchises.

Eel

Apparently on twitter, there's official mexican accounts remembering the 500 year anniversary of the heroic battle of the aztecs against the spanish invasors, which ended in tragedy.

While at the same time there's official spanish accounts celebrating the 500 year anniversary of the heroic battle of the spanish army for the liberation of the aztec people, which ended in victory.

🤔
And that's enough twitter for today.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
One time when I was teen, I was hyped by Aztec God drawing style from Gali's cloak pattern (Monster Rancher 2).
This one my favorite pattern.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

You know guys, about the pokemon thing, what if they just show off some stuff for pokemon unite, and show of some more Pokemon legends game play? for all we know they wont show anything knew.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter It probably varies by developer on what they want to put into a game. Just wondering, which Jimmy Neutron game was it? The console ones I know are Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Jet Fusion, and Attack of the Twonkies.

@MarioLover92 Early on Sega and THQ worked out a deal to publish GBA games early on in the GBA life. Yeah, it was a good version of the game too. I also have it on Steam, actually, it was the first time I ever bought a game during a Steam sale. I think the Steam version is the only time I ever beat Spinball. I'm usually pretty decent at the game in general.

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I heard some bad review from Jimmy Neutron Jet Fusion for lack of Double Jump, awkward controlling and some really difficult certain missions. I saw the graphic was okay but I was concerning the action execution and controlling schemes, I don't want to see something impossible to continue the storyline due to terrible controlling.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic