Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,181 to 54,200 of 55,538

bimmy-lee

@ogo79 - Oh man, so you’ve been sniping skeleton figures outta toy lines for a long time then, haha, guess you’ve always been this way then. Loved that quote about filling the void. I just assume anyone who thinks a hobby is just for kids is about to turn into a mummy or something. Dethlor is gorgeous, don’t you have a repro, or were you just posting a pic of him a while back?

@roy130390 - Another beat em up fan! It’s my favorite genre. I can play them over and over. Do you have any on Switch? There’s a VERY solid collection of them available. I’ve worked through quite a few of them, there’s a handful I absolutely love. SOR4 was my second most played game last year according to the year end email Nintendo sends out. I adopted hack and slash during the weird 20+ year drought where the genre kinda went away, but I’m so glad it’s back and thriving. I really enjoyed the DMC games on PS2, and Viewtiful Joe is an all time classic in my opinion.

Right now is a great time to start collecting pinball tables on the Switch Zen app, they just announced weekly sales on their table bundles (@MarioLover92 as well). Once I have all the Midway bundles, I’ll probably start on the Zen originals. I have all the Universal tables as well.

I have mixed feelings on the whole invasion thing with the Souls games. I think it sounds really cool, and actually kinda funny that someone can just invade your game. I think it would be incredibly pleasing to destroy this invader, but as you mentioned; it could be incredibly annoying if you’re in the middle of something important. I wish someone would try and invade my River City Girls game. I would send them packing with a knot on their head, haha!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Yup! I have River City Girls, Streets of Rage 4 (bought the DLC today), Fight N' Rage, Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers. River City Girls is my favourite beat' em up (love the Kunio games) followed by Fight N' Rage... But I just played a bit of SOR4 DLC and it seems like it will become my second favourite one. This survival mode is just fantastic and the new available characters are a blast to play!

About invading, I won't lie, I am one of those annoying invaders haha, but I try to choose the least annoying places to do and since hosts can cure themselves and even invite other players to help them I'm usually at a disadvantage and I welcome the challenge. There's this thing called "indictment" that you can put on someone that murdered you, making you target for a Covenant formed by people that only invade invaders to avenge the fallen, so in a way, I get what I deserve . Well... Kinda. I usually killed most of those haha.

I swear I'm usually a nice guy but for some reason it's really fun to play the bad dude in that game . Still, I have received messages of people asking for me to give them a chance and I always did, I even offered and helped some of them. I also got my butt kicked by some so there's definitely really good players ready to put us pesky invaders in our place haha.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

ogo79

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Oh man, so you’ve been sniping skeleton figures outta toy lines for a long time then, haha, guess you’ve always been this way then. Loved that quote about filling the void. I just assume anyone who thinks a hobby is just for kids is about to turn into a mummy or something. Dethlor is gorgeous, don’t you have a repro, or were you just posting a pic of him a while back?

yes i have a repro of dethlor, everyone does because the real bootleg is hard to come by, plus the original one has a liquid body that evaporates after time. the repos are better tbh.
im not paying 5 grand for one that has 75% of the water. take 75% off the price and we can talk. i was gonna offer 2 grand but realized the repros are better in the end. plus theres several remakes of dethlor that are better.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
@MarioLover92
hell yes!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

I played Wii Music again just now and both of my upper arms got some mild sore due to keep swinging my Wiimote and Nunchuck. 😑
I have tried quirky way to conduct orchestra from Mii Maestro by gave some pauses
(i stopped swinging Wiimote for several seconds until the Miis looking at me) and tempo changes during performances, and it was quite working to get 75 - 90 points. I prefer Carmen as one of the best orchestra music to conduct. And my quirky performances looked pretty hilarious as i got the idea from Youtube. 😆

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Thanks! I never thought I'd be one for exercise and still wouldn't exactly call myself an exercise nut; I just try to move more usually. It's freaky how much exercise helps me. Especially if it's an activity I'm looking forward to. Even if it isn't one, the payoff in terms of how I feel afterward (usually) makes it worth it. The rare exceptions are the times when I ignore my body a little and push a little too hard. Still adjusting a bit on that front.

Hah, I'm fairly used to switching between the Queen's English, so to speak, and American English, but you'll pardon me for sticking with the spellings I'm accustomed to. I'm fairly used to seeing the different variations thanks to this site and some of the literature I've read over time. The licorice I have had generally smells awful, and I certainly agree on the taste. At least on the cheaply made stuff that I have had that's readily available here. Sounds like some of our sweet tastes do align, though that isn't too surprising with the delicious variety out there! I try to stick with 70% dark chocolate around the house, outside of chocolate chips used for baking; I'm pretty good at staying out of the latter if I have the mindset that it's for something. I do like Oreos and some cookies in general, but I don't often buy them and only enjoy them when at an event, if they're available, as a rare treat.

I highly recommend trying saltwater taffy if you get the chance, though many varieties are indeed quite sweet. The long-term, store-bought stuff that's designed to sit on the shelf for awhile especially. Freshly made cakes and bakery items are usually better in my experience; true, they're still loaded with sugar, but they aren't meant to last more than a few days and normally have less preservatives. I don't like most store-bought and vending machine snack cakes; they clearly taste cheap, plus I prefer saving some of the really sweet stuff for special occasions. It's rare that sweets make me sick unless I really go overboard though. Cheesecake is another favorite of mine.

I do strive to keep promises, and I now have to make another: I'm afraid I'll have to save that Scott the Woz video you linked for next time I'm on YouTube. I rarely forget my promises, though it might take a bit sometimes; I am human after all. Erick Landon is a channel I sometimes watch if a video's topic is my cup of tea. Plus, some of his content tends to just be long enough to fit into a dinner session (when I typically watch YT).

You'd think with the weather here right now (hot & humid), I'd seek out a pool. Unfortunately, I've become pickier about water temp in my old age and don't swim nearly as much as when I was a kid. Plus, most of my pool access is public, and the only one large enough for swimming laps in without much interference belongs to a pricey sports complex I'd rather not contribute to. I also prefer to swim when there are less people around lol. While it seems your pooch isn't one of the smarter ones, I'll personally take love and affection over brains any day. He looks and sounds adorable. As for Daft Punk, I haven't yet been sucked down that rabbit hole. I didn't listen to music much at work today - currently underway on a new project that has involved a lot of discussion - but I hope I can get pulled into it tomorrow when I'm happily plugging away.

I've heard amazing things about the XC2 Collector's Edition. I didn't dig into it at the time since I didn't have a Switch and had only recently played XCX around its launch. I passed on the XC:DE special edition, though likewise there were stock issues. I did nab the Twilight Princess HD goodies you mentioned. I think the last thing I bought with any significant extras was the "Dream Edition" of Link's Awakening on Switch that came with a small art book.

Ancient Cistern is probably one of my favorite dungeons in Skyward Sword; congrats on beating it, and good thinking on copying your save right before engaging the boss! The music, animations, Koloktos's weak points, etc....It's all executed so perfectly. Definitely a boss fight to remember. Sandship is amazing too, though my feelings towards Tentalus are more lukewarm.

DDLC is an emotional experience eh? A mark of a decent game, IMO, is when you can't stop thinking about it. I think the last game that gripped me so perfectly in that regard was Return of the Obra Dinn. I was trying to put together all the clues and happenings long after I left my Switch for the evening. Consider it now on my radar. I actually used to be a pretty speedy reader, but...let's see if I can describe what happened. In late high school, I really started having trouble focusing on what I was reading long-term; I couldn't lock myself in like I used to. I think it was a combination between my brain becoming more like an adult (with thoughts jumping around more) and needing to read to absorb instead of for pleasure. I still enjoy reading quite a lot, but it's like I read to comprehend the events now...with the voice of who might be speaking in my head. It's even slower when I'm mentally taxed lol.

Yep, I don't do the best under pressure, though practice has helped me to at least function in those circumstances...to an extent. I deal with a form of social anxiety, and it has improved somewhat; I am comfortable speaking to a small group of people I know well as long as I'm not on a pedestal of sorts. Public speaking in general though? Heck no. XD If I absolutely had to do it, I would, but not without a ton of rehearsal and other techniques. Believe me, imagining the audience in their underwear doesn't help.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Drill Dozer (Wii U VC), WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I want to ask.
Have you ever played Animal Crossing City Folk Wii ?
I was curious for some reasons about keeping my villagers forever when i get hiatus from City Folk for very long time.
Was the game keep cycling my current villagers no matter what even I didn't play City Folk for very long time ?
Or any other methods to keep them forever like New Leaf and New Horizons ?
Or should I forget City Folk for unable to keep my villagers forever with any methods or tricks ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I have those games as well with the exception of Castle Crashers, and I honestly don’t know why I haven’t grabbed it yet. I love Fight n Rage, but I can’t add it to my rankings yet because I’ve never been able to beat it. I’ve gotten to the final battle with all three characters, but I haven’t been able to pull it off. I consider Double Dragon Neon to be on the hardcore side of beat em ups, and I cleared that, but I just can’t win that final battle in FnR! The Takeover was a fairly casual game, but the elevator ride/boss rush before the final boss was extreme; and I cleared that! Ah well, one of these tries. I’ve been playing it for years now, so it’ll be sweet when I pull it off.

Scott Pilgrim and DDN were bucket list beat em ups for me, they kinda kept the genre on life support years ago, and I’m so happy to have and finally play them on Switch. Cannot wait to get into the SOR4 DLC, it’s all loaded up, but I’m right in the middle of Dust, and want to get through that before I dive back into SOR4; which is my favorite on Switch. I’m planning on taking all the new character through either story or arcade mode.

Haha, I believe you’re a nice guy, seems obvious to me, but there’s nothing wrong with being the villain. It’s fun! Better to be a villain in game than real life. It does sound like you’re a fair invader, and the invadees have a chance to punch over their heads and learn something in defeat. Maybe someday they’ll find you in your home and show you how much they’ve learned! “Hello, my name is Random Souls Player, you invaded my village, prepare to die.”

@ogo79 - Wow, that’s some inside collector’s info right there, I guess it should seem obvious, but I wouldn’t have known the liquid inside ole Dethlor can evaporate over time. I gotta say, that New MOTU Dethlor is my favorite by far. I’m gonna have to see if someone has a YT video up of his awesome strobe light power. That’s a handsome figure for sure.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

Well folks, my schedule is filling up again this week. X__X For one, I've been moved onto a work project I'm thrilled about, but that means I'll be interneting less at work. Originally my weekend was somewhat clear outside of a family reunion, but that's swiftly gone down the drain between a visitation (friend of the family) and potentially helping my sister's fiance move into his new place since I'll be up that way anyway. This'll probably be a week where I'm somewhat scarce once again.

@roy130390 Thanks for the compliment! I haven't "fought" anyone here per se, but I've certainly gotten into a few debates (not recently however) where I tried to be civil, but they did test my patience at times. And I did accidentally insult a random user once because of a tongue-in-cheek joke I made about Apple products in reference to their username. (No offense to anyone who likes them, but for IT reasons I'm not a fan). I truly didn't mean anything by it, explained my position, and apologized. There are a few comment sections and areas where I'd sometimes like to say my piece, but I just don't have the time and energy these days lol.

Both Pokemon and Digimon were a big part of my childhood. Other franchises played a role, but those were the big ones. Yu-Gi-Oh! was a somewhat distant third, though I stopped watching the show about 2/3 of the way through other than in bits and pieces. I loved both Digimon World games on the DS, so I hope the complete edition of Cyber Sleuth hits all the right buttons.

@VoidofLight I still need to watch Digimon Adventure Tri. Originally I was waiting for a dub, but now it's more of a "when I get to it" type of situation.

Frontier was a definite step down from Tamers, though I didn't mind the human fusion aspects too much. Though I would've preferred the show showcasing the spirits having minds of their own more often since the duality would've made for interesting viewing IMO. More co-op vs. the humans mostly running the show. Also, why did Bokumon and Neemon never Digivolve?

@bimmy-lee I think I killed my taste buds with that move for a few days lol. I'm told one of the chaperones who went still recounts the incident, at least according to my sister when she had him as a teacher a few years ago. I'm still surprised I made it; sheer willpower, I guess. XD Similar incident with your bro huh? Hope he made it! Never have had Thai food, though there used to be a restaurant here. I've heard it's very good, but that it far exceeds any heat that a Mexican restaurant might dish out. I just know chilis are past my limit lol.

Believe me, the few times I've had to field those types of situations, I try to remain calm and remember that who I'm talking to is also a person. But I will hold my ground on some issues lol. The phones came in, so now it's a matter of my mom and I working our way into the store. I don't think she wants to keep hers either, but I haven't heard the final verdict yet.

@Snatcher My problem isn't that the cloud backups are an option. It makes perfect sense to pay for storage space on a server somewhere (not that I think NSO in general is great though). My issue is that it's essentially the only legal option. I'm one who also likes making local backups of my data just as an extra security check.

@MarioLover92 I'd love to live closer to places like that just so I could justify digging a little deep for a season pass or something lol. The closest theme park to my location is just under two hours away, and I don't even consider a pass for that a profitable venture. I'd love to go to Universal Orlando. I haven't been there before, and I definitely want to experience the Harry Potter section as well as other areas of the park. I'd also love to return to Disney World, but...it's pretty expensive. And the prices just keep climbing higher. It's cheaper to get to Florida vs. California from my whereabouts, but yeah...at the end of the day, it all costs money.

Hah, all the notifications mean I'm loved, I suppose! Just wish I could get back to everyone in a more timely manner sometimes.

@Dogorilla Huh, interesting. I wonder why UK prices are lower? Longer print run maybe? I'd consider importing a copy, but unfortunately I'd also have to buy a PAL 3DS thanks to region locking. I want the game, but not badly enough to buy a whole new unit in an attempt to save a few bucks lol. I'm really surprised DS games weren't offered to some extent on the 3DS eShop, with WarioWare: Touched! being a 3DS My Nintendo download offering for a little while.

I'm stubborn and sticking with my 4GB micro SD card lol. Congrats on scoring a copy of Layton vs. Wright! I'd probably have some luck if I browsed some secondhand shops, but I suspect the game wasn't widely available here either. Plus, said shops are hard to come by and are quite spread out here. My copy of The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles arrived today, but I confess that it'll be some time before I play through it. I mainly picked it up for the extra goodie and out of fear the physical print run wouldn't last very long.

@Anti-Matter I've actually never played an Animal Crossing game, though I've heard of City Folk. From what I'm finding, if a villager wants to move, they give you about a week's warning before they do so. I haven't found anything yet on what happens if you're away from the game for a long time though.

If nobody else knows, you might be better off asking in the New Horizons topic, or a forum dedicated to the franchise.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Drill Dozer (Wii U VC), WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Themagusx1

Hello, I am new to this site, so I figured I would say hello here.

Themagusx1

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I totally agree with you.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

TheJGG

@Themagusx1 Well a very warm welcome from myself, thanks for stopping by! What kind of video games are you into?

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

ogo79

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Wow, that’s some inside collector’s info right there, I guess it should seem obvious, but I wouldn’t have known the liquid inside ole Dethlor can evaporate over time. I gotta say, that New MOTU Dethlor is my favorite by far. I’m gonna have to see if someone has a YT video up of his awesome strobe light power. That’s a handsome figure for sure.

that motu dethlor figure is sold out, something about the action figure community is that people have their own molding kits to make figures and sources to make cards, art and blister packs. thats a "homemade" figure, they basically all are. the thing is, i feel they all look cooler than and original motu figures. but thats me.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@Themagusx1
Hello. 😀

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Similar situation here. There's another theme park that's actually a state away from where I'm at. So it can take a while to get there. Disney World's prices keep increasing huh? That's nuts...hopefully one day I'll finally get in as part of a family vacation or something. That'd be awesome. I'm closer to Florida compared to California, which is pretty much why I favor going to Disney World over Disneyland. I'll be happy going to either or though. Would be cool visiting Universal as well - that's where the Nintendo park is located IIRC.

@Themagusx1 Hi there - welcome to Nintendo Life!

Eel wrote:

@MarioLover92 Yeah the US is almost ridiculously large! Driving from one end to the other, like in movies, would probably be very interesting.

Late reply, my apologies. Yeah that would be, but it would certainly take a long time to drive cross country. Not sure if I can handle road trips this long. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Sunsy

For some reason today, I decided to play the Game Boy Advance version of Sonic the Hedgehog. I have the game, so why not play it on and off today. I ended up finishing the game, albeit without emeralds (though I've done that in the past in this version).

Call me weird, despite the bugs and problems this port has, I still have some fond memories of it. So playing it again brought back some memories.

@Themagusx1 Hello there and welcome!

Sunsy

NintendoByNature

@Themagusx1 welcome. There will be a series of questions you'll need to answer to join the cc thread. However, I cannot divulge what the questions will be, or when they'll come about. Keep your head on a swivel and bone up on random trivia 😊

NintendoByNature

Themagusx1

@NintendoByNature Sounds good, well ok random trivia, well my fiancé is the only one who thinks this is normal, but I have a strange fascination with Christmas Nutcrackers, Not sure why, but I love collecting them during Christmas Season.

Themagusx1

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Anti-Matter

@ogo79
I didn't see something peculiar from Blue Bell Ice Cream picture above.
Was there something interesting about that ice cream ?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

VoidofLight

@ogo79 That looked like Vanilla for a few seconds.

@Anti-Matter I believe it’s a brand new flavor.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic