Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,081 to 54,100 of 55,903

MarioLover92

@Anti-Matter Void was only kidding, you know. lol

Also, I'm not sure what to suggest as I'm not big into the Xbox to begin with. (As you're no doubt aware, I'm much more of a Nintendo guy.) That looks like you've got a good amount of games that you're interested in, you could settle with those for the time being, before you find other games - instead of feeling like you have to have exactly 12 of them. Just some friendly advice for you.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I'm jealous too, lol. I would love to go to the UK one of these days! The only country I've been to outside of the US was Canada, but that was when I was super young so I don't really remember anything about it. I'd love to visit Japan as well. My cousin has actually flew to China and lived there for quite some time, she teached English as a second language over there, if I remember correctly. That walking trail I mentioned earlier is 1.9 miles, I just looked it up! There is a loop that's in the middle as well.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Blooper987

Just bought

Dreams - PS4
Star Fox Guard - Wii U
Clubhouse Games - DS
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - Wii
Blast Corps - N64
1080 Snowboarding - N64
F-Zero - SNES
Dr. Mario - GB
Game & Watch Gallery 2 - GB
Donkey Kong Land 3 - GB

NYEH!!! Prepare to be amazed. Fall to your knees. I am Himiko Yumeno, the Ultimate Mage. But... I'm officially called the Ultimate Magician.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter These are first-party but what about the Blinx games? I don't have an Xbox so I've never played them but they seem like your kind of thing.

Currently Playing:
I don't even know any more, I have so many video games, help me

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
About XBOX games, there are some reasons i limited until 12 games.
For a console that i think doesn't really have a lot of variety games i can choose, usually i set the quantity number until 10 games first. If i think there will be more potential titles, i extended into 12 games then 15 then 20 depend on the games library diversity.

Since i knew XBOX games library is not many as PS2 games (PS2 has the most and the best games in my opinion) so i tried to give a chance to consider XBOX with some chosen XBOX titles based on their category. I separated them into 3 different categories: Exclusive 3rd party games, 1st party games and Multi console 3rd party games.

For exclusive 3rd party games on XBOX, of course i choose DDR Ultramix 1 - 4 (already 4 games) since i'm a huge fan of DDR games.

For 1st party games on XBOX, since i knew 1st party games by Microsoft are mostly games for adult audiences so i filtered the search by only looking for rated E and E10+ games, and after very long long process and deliberation based on their genre i found only 2 games: Carve (jet ski game by Microsoft) and Fuzion Frenzy (party game like Mario Party by Microsoft with normal looking peoples but without board games). I found 6 XBOX games exclusively for XBOX.

Now for Multi console 3rd party games, they are gap filler to increase the amount number of games quantity target and what kind of games i can consider depend on the titles i can find easier from Tokopedia first since i can get them with very cheap prices and quickly delivered to my house. From Tokopedia, i found multi console 3rd party games i can buy such as Carmen Sandiego: The Stolen Drums, Spongebob: Light Camera Pants, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 1. The other multi console 3rd party games i must order from either playasia or Ebay.

For XBOX machines case, i gave more restriction than PlayStation and Nintendo machines. If i limited the age rating until Teen games for both PlayStation and Nintendo machines, for XBOX machines i limited the age rating games only until rated E and E10+ games (PEGI 3, 7, 12 for PAL XBOX 360 games) are allowed because i knew XBOX machines are always associated as machines for adults so i want to counter the image / association by only consider rated E and E10+ games. When most peoples play adult games on XBOX machines, i only play kiddie games instead on XBOX machines as my bold statement that against adult games.

Well, since only 1 more game to complete my 12 XBOX games i will keep searching the multi console 3rd party games from gamefaqs, hopefully i can find the game that i think suitable enough for me.

Edit: Here is one interesting thing why did i put Sonic Heroes on XBOX version instead. After i watched the graphic comparison of Sonic Heroes from Gamecube, PS2 and XBOX version (3 videos in 1 screen), i found both Gamecube and XBOX version were running in smooth 60 fps, but 30 fps for PS2 version. Since i need games for building my XBOX games library, i decided to put Sonic Heroes on XBOX version.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
About Blinx games, there are 2 Blinx games on XBOX but after watching the gameplay videos from Youtube and try to digest the gameplay mechanism, unfortunately i couldn't consider them at all as i found the gameplay was very confusing and not interesting, also the character design of Blinx games was not really appealing for me. So i skipped them entirely, sorry.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter do you actually play these games or do you just collect them to balance how many games you have for each console

Maaryotyme

Snatcher

Ok well I'm not going to try 100% the dex anymore, if anything I will put all my pokemon home pokemon, put them in the game, then send them back to home, thats about it, bc Game freak doesn't wan't to add cloud save bc there cheat freaks, And really there is no point in doing the dex, I mean I really want to do it, but what if my switch breaks? then all that progress is gone, and you know what else is stupid, is the fact that now I don't want to bring any of my pokemon to sword, bc it has no cloud save, and its all bc of cheating I think, which is dumb bc they can't stop any hacked pokemon, they can't stop any cheating, but oh no progress cheating is the one thing we need to stop.

Also, I'm kinda on a pokemon high right now and remembering my love for the games, my first being sun and moon, So I will be getting the remakes and the open world game, and I'm hoping, they will allow cloud save in at least one of those games bc now I have to pay for pokemon home now. rant over.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I didn't complete my Pokedex too on Pokemon 3DS and Switch games as i'm not really a huge fan of Pokemon games so i only get the interesting looking Pokemons.
I have some Pokemon 3DS games and two games on Switch (but i rarely to play them recently).

Recently i got motivated to add more Yokai from Yokai Watch games on 3DS. I think some Yokai design on Yokai Watch games look more interesting than Pokemon design as most of them can talk like human and have humanoid looking rather than animal looking. Komasan is the cutest one in my opinion, Slugger (Damajor Nine) is the coolest one as i like muscular looking creatures with sporty outfits.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I know several recipes for tomato sauce, or I just use the pre-made ones I mentioned earlier and mix them into something that I still call "my own" tomato sauce...

As for licorice that actually tastes good: yep, the rumors are true. Licorice actually CAN taste good. Germany has really good licorice (Haribo is the best brand, so look for imports, if you're curious enough and can find any in your area), but nothing beats the Netherlands, so as an appreciator of this particular type of candy, I count myself VERY lucky having landed here. I always have a jar full of it in the house, containing a multitude of different kinds. They have SO many of them, that even for the most picky of eaters, there ought to be at least one or two kinds of Dutch licorice that you might like.

The proof is in the pudding, though, so I had to eat my way through a LOT of different ones to find my favorites, but nowadays, I have a pretty extensive list of good ones, so I can mix and match, so as not always having the same kinds in the jar.

@ogo79 "I'll take what I can get"

Good man...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter at least if your system breaks you wont be losing all your yo kai.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

MarioLover92

@Anti-Matter Yeah, you could look on GameFAQs if you want to. Don't sweat it if you can't find a 12th game though. Try to be thankful for what you can find and get, regardless of how many games you've found. Personally, I just buy whatever games I'm interested in - the amount of games I have isn't really a concern for me since I just have so many of them across all the consoles I have hooked up. lol

Oh actually, remember when I brought up Super Monkey Ball 2 on the GameCube? I just remembered that there's Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the PS2 and Xbox, I remember seeing that there was a double pack with that game and Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the latter. You'd probably like it.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
If i remembered, every Pokemon games only have one save slot.
But Yokai Watch games on 3DS have three save slots (two save slots for Yokai Watch 3)

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Eel

@Anti-Matter you don't need to insert yokai watch into every pokemon conversation. We know you prefer yokai watch, and that's perfectly valid, really, but it gets kinda pushy.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Maaryotyme

Eel wrote:

@Anti-Matter you don't need to insert yokai watch into every pokemon conversation. We know you prefer yokai watch, and that's perfectly valid, really, but it gets kinda pushy.

Thank you

Maaryotyme

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes I hope you injoyed it yes?

Snatcher

@ogo79 Think you can get me some skelo's on the beach?

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter Right, fair enough. I don't know many other Xbox games to suggest but good luck with finding another one you like.

@Tyranexx Did you buy a European copy of Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call intentionally or is that just what you were sent? I don't know if you know this but that's probably not the best version of the game because it originally came with an extra RPG mode called London Life, but that was removed in Europe due to the amount of text and the number of languages it would have to have been translated into. I have a UK copy that I've had since not long after launch but I'm thinking about buying an American one at some point so I can play that mode. I haven't checked how much that would cost yet though.

Currently Playing:
I don't even know any more, I have so many video games, help me

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter Psychonauts is probably your kinda thing and is on Xbox. Jet Set Radio Future is the best Xbox exclusive still stranded but it’ll be expensive now.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Snatcher

@nessisonett Such a great game, can't wait for part 2 this year.

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I'd also like to get to Canada, at the very least British Columbia and Montreal/Quebec. My parents briefly crossed into Canada on their honeymoon when they went to see Niagara Falls. The irony is it's the closest international border to yours truly, but that's still quite a drive. Some EU countries are also on my list, and I'd also like to get to Mexico or at least some part of Central America at some point. Same with areas of the Caribbean. Australia and New Zealand too. Naturally, I'd also like to go to Japan, though preferably with someone who can read and speak Japanese. Sigh...If only traveling internationally wasn't so time-consuming and expensive lol.

That trail I mentioned meets up with many of the others in a sort of nexus in the middle. It's pretty convenient and is a decent place to rest as well as long as we haven't had a ton of rain; the area it's in is near a river bottom that tends to flood in those conditions.

@Snatcher The lack of cloud saves for the Pokemon games is one of my biggest gripes about NSO. While I technically understand the anti-cheating angle, believe me when I say there are other ways to hack Pokemon; people do it all the time. Pokemon Home is intended to be a solution I suppose, but that only saves the Pokemon, not the progress one has made in the game. I suspect Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl will have the same limitation.

@Anti-Matter I'm not very familiar with the original Xbox's library, but are you into Digimon? I believe one of the Digimon Rumble games (fighting) released on the original Xbox, as well as one of the Digimon World games (action/adventure).

Just checked, and if interested you'd be looking for Digimon World 4 and Digimon Rumble Area 2, respectively. Most of the other games in those sub-series released on Playstation platforms, though it appears there was a Digimon All-Star Rumble on the Xbox 360.

@ThanosReXXX Glad to know I've found someone I can consult on licorice! I'm actually familiar with the Haribo brand, primarily their excellent gummy bears. I'll keep my eye out for any licorice from that brand if it exists in the area. Thanks for the suggestion!

@Dogorilla I intentionally bought a PAL copy of the game. I did my homework beforehand, so I knew about the Layton's London Life debacle before hitting the purchase button. I'm sure it's a cool mode, but it appears to be non-canon and is, ultimately, something I can live without. Especially with all the other games on my plate lol. All the same, I appreciate the warning.

The main reason I went with this version was due to the fact that, at least at the time, it was the best deal I could find. New copies are very expensive, and that was one of the better deals I could find used since it came with the case and all the manuals. It's in excellent shape, and going by the previous save and condition of the cart, I don't think it saw much use. I still paid a bit of a premium over its original release price, but only slightly less than a new $40 3DS game.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Breath of the Wild DLC (Switch), WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic