Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,081 to 54,100 of 96,531

TheFrenchiestFry

So apparently there's a movement on social media in motion to bring back Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in some sort of remastered form

I am fully on board with this. Literally my favorite fighting game ever made

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - I remember the Sonic Colors bit in your signature now, are you going to get that remake (is it a remake, it’s gotta at least be HD) when it's available? That was a fun game on Wii. I never owned it, but rented it a couple times. I love 2d Sonic. I don’t think I’ll ever forget hooking up the Genesis Christmas morning and having my hair blown back by the original Sonic. It seemed like such a massive step up from the NES. That’s probably my favorite old console. So many great games that I still enjoy to this day.

@roy130390 - Hey, thanks dude, you’ll never get a consensus, but as you said; it’s nice to hear from time to time. Don’t worry about late replies to me, I’m not keeping track and just enjoy a chat when it’s convenient.

I juuust started the SOR4 dlc last night, so you’ve probably played more than me, but I’m thrilled to be back in the game again. I had my game slate cleared for when the dlc was supposed to release, but after it got delayed, I finally started Dust: An Elysian Tail and couldn’t pull off to start the dlc until I was done with that. I did some survival rounds to try out the new characters, Estelle is BA, and I’m about halfway through an arcade run with the hidden character. There’s incredible combo opportunity with that one.

People might snicker at this, but TMNT is probably my most anticipated game, or at least tied with BOTW2 for game I want in my Switch right NOW. I. Cannot. Wait. It looks so good, don’t you think? The wait is excruciating. @NintendoByNature started a thread on it, but it’s been a bit dead since there hasn’t been news lately. @Losermagnet is excited as well. That’s three of us looking for a fourth rude turtle dude for online eventually. If the times ever align, maybe we can play.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee Ok, uh funny thing, its my favorite sonic game, but I uh, never...played it.... I never even seen a play through, I have seen a trailer or two, and from what people have talked about it, I have been wanting to play this game for years, And I have been waiting for a port or whatever, so I can finally get to play it, so I'm I going to get it? HELLLLLLL YESSS No way i'm not getting it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Losermagnet

@bimmy-lee TMNT is one of the reasons I check the site daily. I've been looking for that game like it owes me money. I've even been listening to the soundtrack to the first movie on my commute. Bummer there wasn't any update on it around e3.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm stoked for TMNT but honestly I still wish they did at least something using the old Mirage versions of the characters. That aesthetic would make for a sick T-rated hack n' slash game or something. It'd be like Madworld but with Turtles

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Is Dust a good game? I haven't played it but I'm a fan of Metroidvanias and 2D platformers so it got my attention now that I checked a bit about it.

About the DLC, I have just played it a couple of times because I'm playing Monster Hunter Stories 2 most of my free time haha. I loved the first one and I can't believe that it actually got a sequel. Even after 100+ hours I'm still having fun and it feels a bit surreal as I really thought that it flopped. Still, I instantly fell in love using Shiva. I really enjoy fast characters so he has been a blast.

I can't believe that there's a TMNT Turtles in Time sequel coming soon. When I heard the theme, I almost instantly thought of Mike Patton and was like "nah, it can't be..." And boy was I wrong haha. Everything about it has me really excited and I'm dying to play it. This year has been tough on many ways but in terms of games it has been amazing. Those games along with Metroid Dread and NEO TWEWY have made this year unforgettable for me. They even announced River City Girls 2 (even if it isn't coming this year) and a Dying Light port! Simply amazing. If Shredder is somehow playable in the game or a DLC I'll lose my mind.

@TheFrenchiestFry I'd love that! I'd also like something with the 2003 series aesthetic. The Shredder on that series is my favourite version of the character.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

TheFrenchiestFry

@roy130390 The 2003 Turtles were the ones I grew up watching so a game based on those versions would be sick without all the Fast Forward stuff they started doing around 2007-ish

'03 Shredder was probably the most menacing version of that character

TheFrenchiestFry

roy130390

@TheFrenchiestFry I was in middle school when the 2003 series came out so I kinda grew with both series. Still, I prefer the 2003 version as it's the closest to the comics. I have revisited a couple of the main fights on YouTube just to see if nostalgia googles blinded me about it but it's honestly as awesome as I remembered it.

Also, to everyone: I usually don't post videos but this was hilarious to me. As a Batman fan, I really enjoyed this haha. Please, check it if you have the time, it's a short video.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

ogo79

@Snatcher
lol

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - The Mother 3 jokes always killed me. It was such a sore subject around here for a while. There was rarely a comment section where someone wasn’t asking for that game, and you were just gleefully poking at that.

not gonna lie, sometimes i like to piss people off that deserve it. its a deadly tool i have so may as well use it.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bimmy-lee

I bought my final table pack last night, so I have the full Midway and Universal table collections on the Zen pinball app. I might get the Zen tables if the seasons go on deep sale, but I’m very happy overall to have all these great tables.

@Snatcher - Haha, well I sure hope your favorite Sonic game holds up to the hype when you finally get to play it! It’s a fun game. It’s gained more of a following as the years have gone on, probably because it’s a good 3D Sonic.

@Losermagnet - It DOES owe you, get that money. Oh man, I bought a bootleg cassette of that soundtrack at a flea market back in the day and absolutely wore it out. I listened to the MC Hammer song and Turtle Power by Partners in Kryme on repeat. Sadly, I still know the first verse of Turtle Power, one of the useless memory files in my head preventing me from remembering something important. I was terribly disappointed to find out that Ninja Rap by Vanilla Ice was a stand alone single. It would have been mind blowing in 1990 to have Hammer and Ice on the same album!

@roy130390 - Dude, you sent me scurrying to google with the Mike Patton revelation, amazing! I did not catch that it was him, I had only watched the two trailers once each prior to this; but I’ve watched the first one repeatedly now listening to the song. It just keeps getting better I guess. Last Mike Patton album I wore out was Tomahawk.

I was messing around with the MHS2 demo, and it seems like a really good game, sounds like you’re quite enjoying it. Yeah, in the absence of a TMNT date, the RCG2 announcement was the biggest news from e3 for me. Playing as the Shredder would kinda be a video game fever dream come true. Looks like Splinter might be the speedy character you like if he’s available.

I can highly recommend Dust, it’s on the short side of a Metroidvania (I finished the story with 86% completion at 17.5 hours, and could be done faster than that), but the combat is very satisfying, the story is cool, and the game is overall beautiful. It has painterly backgrounds with shades of Muramasa.

@TheFrenchiestFry - I’m thrilled to be getting a Saturday morning cartoons Turtles game, but I totally agree; a bloody Mirage Turtles game would be very cool.

@ogo79 - We don’t get to choose our Special Purpose, but we do get to choose whether we use it. It’d be a shame if you kept yours hidden. Let your little light shine!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee You know what I do hate about sonic fans tho, People were saying unleash was a bad sonic game for years, I have always loved it, but in 2020 A sonic tuber made a video talking about this game is not actually bad, all of a sudden everyone likes it, man forget you guys.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Losermagnet

@roy130390 @bimmy-lee something about Mike Patton singing the 80s cartoon theme is perfect. I think i'll switch from Hammer's "this is what we do" to some 'Mit Gas' for the drive home.

When I do finally get my hands on TMNT: Shredder's Revenge I'm gonna break some Foots 😎 nailed it

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Seems like a lot of folks are afraid to like what they like until some influencer says it’s okay. You just keep proudly being Snatcher, and don’t worry for a second if it’s okay to like the stuff you like.

@Losermagnet - You DID nail it. I made a dozen mistakes in that big ole post this morning, but the one that bothers me most is not specifying that the Tomahawk album I was talking about is Anonymous. Love Mit Gas as well. Patton is kinda underrated and overlooked. I used to hand out burned copies of those Tomahawk albums and a lot of folks didn’t know who he was until I mentioned Epic, and the general reaction was, “Oh, he STILL makes music” haha! I might go post Red Fox in the music thread. I’ve been playing Anonymous and Mit Gas today after watching the TMNT trailer with my kids five times. I really like the small changes he made to the theme song.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee Yep I'm going to keep at it.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Can't speak for the Xbox 360/PS3 Unleashed, but I did enjoy the Wii version. Remembering from years ago, I think some didn't like the werehog stages. Personally I liked it on Wii, shaking the Wii remote and nunchuk made them more fun, lol.

Speaking of Sonic, I'm kind on a roll beating the original Sonic game. Already finished it on Game Boy Advance, iPhone, Steam, and Switch (Sega Ages one is great!).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy Dang really? I Remember when I was on a rush when I was beating sonic two on consoles and phone and stuff, great times😄, I played ps3 of unleashed and I loved the boost gameplay on top of the night stages.

Tyranexx

Fingers crossed that I hopefully have delayed my phone switch for now. I went into the phone store over my lunch, and they were able to confirm the parked junk phone was removed from my phone line; my mom tried to take care of this when she went in earlier this week to switch to the new phone she decided to buy, but the employee who helped her at the time was unsure if both phones were removed. The funny thing is, they didn't want either one back. Which means it has absolutely no value. XD I'll keep it around for a little while just in case AT&T tries to pull another fast one, but I'll probably end up donating it to a local charity who can use it. It definitely isn't worth reselling.

@bimmy-lee This was a local joint actually, not a chain. Unless you're comparing it to Pizza Hut. We used to have one here until the main franchisee for this entire region of the state filed for bankruptcy. While I enjoyed the buffet options and do miss the cinnamon sticks, the one nearby had been going downhill for some time. It was higher quality when I was a kid, and that's not just the rose-tinted glasses talking.

REALLY loving your "Witch Matrix" idea. If I had the funds, I'd definitely create my very own "Hacktober" room in the local scare house lol. Spiders, ooze coming out of the walls, Slenderman, a room full of ladies saying "I'm fine".... We certainly have a few props and special effects, but we thrive more on actors than anything due to budget. Not a lot of masks either; faces are much more expressive.

I actually think I have a few papers from college somewhere in storage, though most of those were topics on chosen subject matter. I kept some of the better ones I think, but it has been so long now that the details are foggy. If I recall, I came across a few of them while sorting through some of my stuff in order to make room for more storage. Didn't really read them past a couple of short, concise essays though.

@MarioLover92 The worst phone-related thing I had happen in college was accidentally butt-dial 911 on the dumb phone (dumb as in not a smart phone) I owned at the time. Didn't own a smart phone until my first full-time job post-college. Something must've shifted in my pocket and held down on the emergency 0 button long enough. I didn't realize my mistake until I had a missed call from a local number I didn't recognize, then they called back...Whoops.

I can fully recommend the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, though I haven't seen any of the movies outside of some of the first one. The Haunted Mansion is great too, the Imagineers really did a great job with the theming and injecting some dark humor while at the same time keeping everything family-friendly. I'd love to do one of those behind-the-scenes tours of some of the attractions, but those aren't cheap.

@roy130390 Hey, thanks for linking that AI-scripted Batman comic! That was a good laugh. XD Ironically, the AI nailed that scene with the Joker and Batman halfway through. "We are moral enemies" actually is pretty accurate lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yeah, I recently dug up my old GBA copy, then I downloaded it to my phone, had it on Switch and Steam. So, decided to play through them. I have Sonic 1 on most of my systems, digital or physical. It is one of my favorites, so it's cool being able to play it where ever.

Indeed it is, I also have Sonic 2, that was the first Sonic game I've played.

Great to hear it, personally, I wish I could play the PS3/Xbox version to experience it, the closest I got was trying the demo on my brother's old Xbox 360. The daytime level I tried was fun.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy If you have a ps4 you can stream it with ps now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic