Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,061 to 54,080 of 96,536

ogo79

@Snatcher
"Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside."

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bimmy-lee

I’m still trying to wrap my head around this @Snatcher , it seems like Nintendo might be more like men with their under powered insides. I think woman might be more like an elusive PS5, but I’m willing to listen. Of course, we’re making generalities here for the sake of conversation.

@ogo79 - The Mother 3 jokes always killed me. It was such a sore subject around here for a while. There was rarely a comment section where someone wasn’t asking for that game, and you were just gleefully poking at that.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Losermagnet

Sleep did happen eventually 😁 there wasnt much of it but enough to prevent complete zombification (hate it when that happens). Thanks for the suggestion @Snatcher.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Wow those problems sound frustrating. I remember when I was on campus, I would try to call someone (like my mom), only for my phone to not call whatsoever. It would just be rejected. My campus's signal was pretty iffy at times, so it was a trying time to say the least, lol. Thanks again for your ride recommendations! I've heard of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I think I saw bits and pieces of the first one. I think I'd dig the Haunted Mansion - the spooky theme is another one that I like, alongside the old west and space themes I've mentioned earlier.

@Aozz101x That's cool you got them back, albeit the Japanese versions. I was thinking of getting Nintendo Puzzle Collection, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to play it right off the bat. (It was only released in Japan.) I do have a softmodded Wii though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

If you want to ride the Haunted Mansion just plan your visit so you don’t happen to be there when they’re adding or removing the Christmas overlay. Because it stays out of service for like, weeks.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee Hmmm, I have to agree with you there, Ps5's are like woman playing hard to get, it just takes time.

@Losermagnet NP

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@ogo79 @bimmy-lee, On the outside, Nintendo is seen as the power hungry, Doesn't like there fans, Doing cheap stuff, hates emus company, but on the inside, Nintendo just wants you to have fun, they just want to make games that Give you something to do, you take care of that switch 3ds or any other nintendo console, for years, thats what counts, not the outside,

But if were talking about sony as a whole, well I think if you said woman, she is the person you tell her, your craft is this, your talent is here, but she keeps trying everything else, But she doesn't take time in said craft, and sure she did great in some of them, But her one true talent lies, in making video games, And you just want her to know, I love you for that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Haha, I see, thanks for elaborating. I wasn’t really grilling you on it, just thought it was funny to ask you about it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee No no, I'm happy you asked me about it, bc I was going to ask you guys if you saw anything about it LOL.

Edited on by Snatcher

Eel

Sigh, Windows Update is truly the gift that keeps giving. The tablet updated itself again, while I had it on sleep mode.

Thankfully nothing important broke this time.

But now the tablet mode has no background! Like seriously, it seems that with each update they remove more and more customization out of tablet mode.

When I got it, you could customize the color of the icons, and have your background displayed behind them. Then the icon colors all got defaulted to grey with no way to change them. And now… The background is permanently solid grey too.

Edit: ok thankfully I was able to get the background back. I’m not sure why did not disappear with the update. Phew.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Yeah, it was quite tough to look for her but she was enjoying herself down at the beach when she was found. We had prepared a video for her complete with messages from half a dozen friends, and we had initially thought to withhold it until the next day so she could enjoy it in a better mood, but ended up doing it anyway. Reduced her to tears in record time, and since I compiled it I took personal satisfaction!

I’ve since had three more games of golf, and I’ve had differing levels of luck in all of them. It’s a nine hole course; of which four of them have water hazards. Some of the holes were over eighty metres (about 250ft), so it required a very strong stroke. I was asked by a friend if I was legitimately good or if I did it just for the “sh#ts and giggles”. I’m not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I’m certainly competent. My tee-off skill has improved massively, but my putting is absolutely awful. Meaning on a simple par-3 hole I’d get onto the green with my tee-off (or two shots), and spend two shots putting in. First game was pretty good, second game I only did six holes due to the heat, and the third I did okay. My uncle’s a pro golfer funnily. Competed in Portugal once upon a time too. Hopefully the pitches open up over the pond.

I’ve since calmed down massively but it was a shock to start with. Granted you needed a vaccine to enter the country but still; it’s freaky stuff considering I was under lockdown for five of the last six months. Your experience with grocery shopping pretty much mirrors my own experience. Felt a bit dizzy; almost completely stood still in shock. I haven’t had panic attacks in the past either; so it was a very hallowing thing to see. I appreciate the sentiment and the advice, though I didn’t see it until today I’ve followed it to a tee already; I always distance in lines and wear a mask indoors. If I stand up to collect food from the buffet if I’m there; mask. Lots of kids though, and they don’t know better unfortunately.

Hah! Haven’t quite tried caffeine yet for early wake-up but I’m sure I’ll get there soon enough. I’m usually up first in the mornings, maybe Mum’ll be up earlier, but that’s it. Up with the sun, as they say, but I feel it’s healthy and normal since my sleep time’s not that late at all. Sometimes I have very good hearing when asleep, so if I’m woken up very early I can probably respond normally and even get up quickly when hearing footsteps from the person coming to wake me. That’s likely weather related too. God I miss the rain.

I would mail one out for you but chocolate has a pathetically low melting point and we ate them all… I’ll name it though; it was a Hershey’s Cookies&Cream bar. We had the mini ten gram ones but the 100g ones are okay too. We did see some Lindt at the duty-free section at the airport, so there were options too. Lindt is really good Swiss chocolate; I’d recommend that when in a mood for appreciating the fine taste.

Awesome! I nearly forgot they did Tron: Legacy until you mentioned it but that was pretty decent from what I heard from it. Reminds me of when James Gunn said he would have asked Queen to score Guardians of the Galaxy. Really wish I could imagine it because it’s way too far fetched! But wow; I’m a bit surprised you liked Human After All as much as you did! It felt overly repetitive to me, even as far as Daft Punk go. Discovery’s a sampling masterclass as mentioned, my favourites are “Digital Love”, “Veridis Quo”, and “Face to Face”. I think the latter had fifteen different elements in the two sample rhythms. I don’t get how people do that stuff. Just incredible. R.A.M. has studio instruments, so sound wise it was the best of course. Funnily I liked almost every single song on the list; though I wouldn’t have minded if one or two songs didn’t exist. Instant Crush got me into the group to begin with so that one’s a bit biased. Touch is my favourite though; a concept song.

I’ve since beaten The Imprisoned twice; plus cleared the Eldin Volcano portion of the Song of the Hero. I loved that section; losing your items and being creative. Of course it was all over once I got the sword back but it was fun while it lasted. I wish there were some dungeons that took away some items, so that more specific pathways could be created. Made me think about possible QoL changes Nintendo/Tantalus missed though; I wish they sped up the Loftwings. Sometimes it feels disastrously slow. Other than that the game was already as user friendly as it could have gotten. The dungeons in general feel so streamlined; and at times too easy. Shame it’s like that because I would have loved to see some sliding block puzzles.

Yeah that was one of the possible caveats when considering the game. Shame but I doubt it’ll detract from the core story and experience. I’m gonna wait for another month; and enjoy the games I do have before making another move. As for DDLC; I’d recommend just getting the game digitally, like me, and many others. I looked at the physical and it’s twice as expensive with little true incentive. You get stickers, a music code and a bunch of feelies, so naturally those could appeal strongly if that’s your kind of thing, which I imagine you wouldn’t be too fussed about. It’s not a big game either; at 1.5GB I put it onto my Switch storage. There’ll naturally be things you won’t be able to avoid but I hate spoiling stuff. Makes me feel pretty awful if I make that mistake. But yeah lemme know how that transpires, and if you get the game, and if so when. I’m trying to 100% the collectibles, and then I’ll restart everything. I skip the text a lot, so I’ll be rereading it over and over.

I’ve had instances of scaring people; including one where I was seeing a friend for the first time and ended up scaring the daylights out of them even though I wasn’t even trying to scare them. I still remember that to this day; it’s simply too funny to forget. If I didn’t know any better they would have leapt three feet into the air. But sorry to hear about that book report episode; it happens to the best of us.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Not sure how long you’ve had it on there, but I noticed it last night. I can’t remember what you had in your signature prior to that, but it stood out because the signature line is more filled out than before.

limby-bee was a jerk.

WoomyNNYes

Hiya, @TheJGG! Oh, truck yeah!! JedGameGuy getting VeRy ExTrEmE. Very cool. Very cool. How long wast that ride?

Thanks for sharing that.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Sorry for the late reply, I've been absent these days. I really appreciate the nice words mate, it's always good to hear that they perceive you in a positive way. Same here, you are one of the people on this site that I think as good people with interesting stuff to say.

Also, please share me your impressions of the SOR4 DLC haha, I haven't played much but since it's your favourite I'm really curious about what you think of it. Also, are you planning to play the upcomingTMNT game? I'm dying to play it haha.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes First time I’ve hit a proper track like that in anger; but I’ve made the most of that one! The whole ride was about two hours in total, with about 20 minutes of total break. Due to my small stature whenever I went across larger bumps I nearly got rattled off the bike! But it was so much fun; a real journey too. Best part was when you could jam the throttle down and just speed away…

And what a memory too; to remember my «dead name« ! Kidding of course!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee I have had it for about a month, No half a month, my last one was something about Sonic colors, I had some of the lyrics to the song on there till I will cut of to talk about what I was into, I changed it bc not only was it only outdated but colors is coming back this year.

Snatcher

@Eel, so is there like no way to keep it from updating? you just have to keep it on and hopes it doesn't update itself?

Eel

@Snatcher I'm not sure. The most I can see is a "pause updates for 7 days" button.

With some luck, since Windows 10 is already on its way out, perhaps the big tablet-ruining updates will slow down.

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Well thats stupid, I hate when stuff forces you to use the latest update, even tho you release said update with Device breaking stuff.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic