Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 53,961 to 53,980 of 96,503

Snatcher

@Eel Dude you have a nasty history with tablets, sorry to hear.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit Hey I must ask, do you use reddit? I was on the ninjala reddit and I can bet I saw you.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

ogo79

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Apple Snapple is so good, I haven’t seen that flavor in a long time. Here’s one for you, do you remember iced tea flavored Gatorade? That stuff was chronic!

wow yes, i do remember iced tea gatorade! i remember it being good as well.

Sunsy wrote:

@ogo79 I can't help but agree because Snapple Apple is almost always my choice the few times I have Snapple.

when i crave it, i crave it alright

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

I made some switch for Robots game 2005. Previously I registered on XBOX version but after I got fun fact about every version (55 - 60 fps for Gamecube version, 30 fps for PS2 & XBOX version), I changed my mind and I ordered the Gamecube version instead from playasia. I eliminated Robots XBOX version from the list and I have to find the substitute.

I still have some tough choice between picking XBOX first (Only play XBOX USA games) or Wii Japan first (to play Japanese Wii and Gamecube games) as both of the machines are not really expensive in my country but to find an used machines with great condition, I have to be careful with the seller description before purchasing the machines considering their age on this year from their date release.

Anti-Matter

Eel

An update. After much tinkering and some full system restores, I was able to recover some functionality.

Except the automatic screen rotation is completely upside down, and the touch is nowhere near being functional. The table now recognizes it's being touched... But it doesn't work as you'd want it to.

The problem is definitely the driver pack I found online, it just doesn't seem to work that well. I'll have to tinker more with it, or find another one.

I'll continue trying tomorrow...

Edit: I was finally able to find a download link for a driver pack provided by the actual manufacturer. I'll try another clean restore tomorrow, and install those and see if they work.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

My PS2 Fat USA started to get an issue. 😥
The optical disc started to play not really stable but still able to read the PS2 disc.
The thing that made me concern was i heard some disc noises like the machine was trying hard to read the disc. I think i have to bring my PS2 Fat USA to video games repair shop to check the optic drive condition but during this pandemic, i have to wait until the situation was pretty safe to go out other place.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I want to cry and angry at the same time as ALL my PS2 save data got corrupted after i plugged out to play DDR Konamix PS1 game with PS1 memory card. When i plugged in my PS2 memory card back to slot 1, it was okay until when i put PS2 game, the Save data didn't detected.
Then, i checked my PS2 memory card, it was Unformatted (Corrupted again).
It made me want to stop playing PS2 games with my 5 DDR PS2 USA games, Chicken Little and Ratchet & Clank Size Matters as they are really hard to finish games. All my butthurt until i unlock all songs and games progress was gone, for 3 times. 😭😭😭😠😠😠
I cannot put PS1 memory card on slot 2 as DDR PS1 & PS2 only read from slot 1.
I dunno if the problem was my PS1 memory card or my PS2 memory card.
My PS1 memory card for saving PS1 USA game was working fine.
My PS2 memory card for saving PS2 USA games was also working fine too, as long i didn't plugged out and plugged in again.
I plugged in my PS2 memory card again before i turned on the machine and i have checked my save data, they were still exist until i inserted one PS2 USA game, suddenly the save data corrupted.
I dunno if a little bit not fit position to plug in the memory card could make a short circuit that corrupted the save data. It never happened to my PS2 slim Japan, even i have swapped my PS2 & PS1 memory cards for playing Japanese PS2 & PS1 games. 😢

I think i want to stop thinking about PS2 USA games for unknown time. To replay again from beginning after 3 times got corrupted, made me really scared to play my PS2 & PS1 USA games as if i have to play my PS1 USA game on my PS2 fat USA, i have to swap the memory card with PS1 memory card, but if i swapped again with memory card PS2 for playing PS2 USA games, i'm really afraid if it will get corrupted again since i plugged out from the machine.

I'm too sad to talk as i still got butthurt feeling. 😢😢😢
Help me to get my confidence to start again from zero.

Edit: i recreated again my PS2 USA games save data and i have tested if i plugged in correctly, it didn't corrupted after i swapped Memory card PS1 with PS2. But, i saw my PS2 optical drive was getting worse as i inserted my PS2 USA games to create a new save data, sometimes it started to not detect my original PS2 USA games. Looks like my PS2 Fat USA have to getting hiatus until it got fixed.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Hey thanks for the game suggestions, but I'm not sure if I'd ever get to those two. There's a lot of games I have, and I've been finding myself either playing my favorites or the games that I have backlogged. And believe me - I have a LOT of games on my backlog. There's also a couple Switch games that I'm really looking forward to getting, which are Metroid Dread and Mario Party Superstars. It is nothing personal - if you're looking forward to those two games that you mentioned then that's great! Sorry to hear about your PS2 save data, by the way...it's no fun losing it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

Omg I think it worked? I had to tinker with the driver installer configuration file because it refused to work but... It seems it's a functional tablet again!

SD card, touch screen, sound, screen rotation, screen brightness, battery settings, everything looks fine.

The cheap tablet lives on!

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Happy to hear it.

Snatcher

@ogo79 Dude I will so much as say the snapple apple is one of the best if not the best juice I have ever tasted.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Thanks for listening me. 😢
I really have to do something with my PS2 Fat USA. Looks like the issues are the optical drive and memory card slot that easily to corrupt the data if i plug in memory card not so firmly. To bring my PS2 machine to video games repair shop during this pandemic situation, i was really worried about the safety and i think the malls (the repair shop i meant was inside mall building) were still closed for several weeks until the situation was safe to open the public places again.

During this year, like last year i picked very few Switch games as i still hunt for old games from various machines and i prioritized the rare games (only 1 left old games from certain sellers) than the current released games. My games order from Tokopedia will be arrived soon on this week, i supposed to be happy but i still felt very sad to think my PS2 fat USA in trouble.

I think i want to leave from Nintendolife as almost nobody care with me. I always felt lonely for being me. I still in grief by losing my PS2 games save data again. I'm not sure i want post some comments here after this. 😔

Anti-Matter

Eel

Huh did you lose your PS2 save files? That’s rough, I hope you’re able to recover at least some of it, but if it’s gone for good, remember, it’ll be ok, it’s just data.

Bloop.

Snatcher

Happen'd to me once actually, lost everything on that thing.

MarioVillager92

My PS2 is the original model, which I got for my birthday back in 2002. It still works, though I think it starts the game discs longer than it should. It would stay at the "Sony Computer Entertainment" screen, then go to the console menu. I still get them to load by going to the Browser option. I never got the slim model.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Dude I will so much as say the snapple apple is one of the best if not the best juice I have ever tasted.

thats kinda how im feeling these days too. i also love super cold apple juice.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Whew. Finally ready to relax a bit. Helped my sister's fiancee move into his new place yesterday afternoon/evening, went to a visitation and funeral before that (neighbor I grew up near), and today had a family reunion and also swore at mowed my lawn. My feet are about to declare a mutiny.

@bimmy-lee At the reunion mentioned up there, I was able to indulge in some CCP and a bit of cheesecake as well. There was a heck of a dessert selection, and more fried chicken than Colonel Sanders probably sees in a day. It's usually outdoors, so there aren't too many warm dishes unless someone lives nearby lol. That class size convo might've been with you; I'm fairly sure I did mention that in here before. Most of the teachers my parents had were gone by the time I made it to HS, so I didn't have to deal with the name issue; I look more like my dad anyway lol. Though it's surprising how many people get my sister and me mixed up as we don't look a lot alike. Even close family. It's funny, I have an aunt who cycles through about half a dozen names, including her own children, before getting to my own sometimes. XD

Pipes and plumbing definitely aren't my forte. My brother and I have switched out a couple of sinks on our own with some trial and error (nothing bad thankfully), but anything past that I've left to the professionals. Your plumber sounds like a decent fellow. I have some handy connections, but admittedly not in the pipe department. Still sounds like a memorable day all the same!

By "software developer", I'm a code-slinger. I help develop features for and maintain the desktop side of a service management program along with two other devs. There are also a couple of devs who work on the web application arm of it. My skill set is somewhat uncommon compared to what a lot of firms want out of developers today since I primarily use a language/development environment that's no longer very popular, though still viable (very long story here). The history of how I got to where I am is a long and odd one, but to summarize...I was, shall we say, belatedly inherited by my current place of employment sometime after they bought the software I now work on from my previous employer. I do have some HTML experience from my college days and my previous job (we did deal with websites somewhat, though I wasn't normally very involved with them), but it isn't something I typically use these days.

Digital publishing? That sounds like an interesting job as well!

@MarioLover92 Not a fan of heights, I take it? I'm weird when it come to them; as long as I have something between me and the open air, I'm fine. But get me high up on a ladder or something where there's nothing to break my fall...I do experience mild vertigo then.

But yeah, wooden roller coasters can be a little rough. Some of the shaking is part of the experience, but it's also an engineering hack; it is used to take some of the stress off of the supports. Most steel coasters and a few steel/wooden hybrids, especially more modern ones, are actually a really smooth ride. Many do go quite high, but there are some decent mid-level ones I've been on as well.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@ogo79 MMM cold, Ya now I want some juice.

ogo79

@Snatcher
ive got cold beer for now

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic