Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,841 to 43,860 of 44,938

WoomyNNYes

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@NintendoByNature @Tyranexx @HobbitGamer @WoomyNNYes The gates are open. Feel free to visit my crappy excuse for an island...

@thanosrexxx sorry I don't play stupid games. ;p I don't have Aminal Crosting Bored out of my mind. Hot af too. I still don't have power..lost it Wednesday evening. I'll post a pic of a big tree snapped over when i get power. Trees snapped all over the place. We set wind speed records. Highest wind speed ever recorded in the area, 84pmh? It's almost like there's more energy in the atmosphere these days (thinking emoji).

I may get animal crossing someday...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, 600 hours, and my offense is terrible lately. I welcome offense tutorial recommendations.

WoomyNNYes

@BabyYoshi65 western philly burbs. Some of the gnarliest wind and tree thrashing I've ever seen. Granted, I've never seen a tornado. I was standing by the basement door, ready to take cover. I think I heard the "freight train" roar of the wind that people talk about, that have encountered tornadoes or deadly storms. I was like, "holy s___, i think that's the sound".

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
Playing: Rocket League, 600 hours, and my offense is terrible lately. I welcome offense tutorial recommendations.

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Well, I don't know when I'll be on, but we're on a 6 to 8 hour time difference, but the gates are open, so you can visit whenever, if you want. And if you have anything else than oranges, which is the only fruit I have on my island, then you're more than welcome to leave some behind... .

@WoomyNNYes Infidel!
I didn't remember everyone that I added to my friends list anymore, also because most don't use the same name as on here, so I tagged you just in case. Never mind, then.

You really should try it some day, though. Like I said to Tyranexx before, it's the ultimate stress unwinder, and from what you've now told me, it sounds like you actually could use some stress relief.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX
I'll leave you all the 5 fruit that you don't have on your island. If you have weeds, I can pull those as well. 😉

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Yeah, I still have weeds on some parts of my island, but I don't mind having to remove those myself, so unless you get something out of it that's beneficial to you, you don't need to do my work for me, but thanks anyway, and thanks in advance for the fruit. I'm hoping to return the favor with whatever, but I still have to get a lot of stuff up and running, such as the museum, so for now, I don't really have all that much to offer, but I'll make a mental note to remind myself.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX
Alright. I forgot that I need to be friends with you within the game as well before I can visit your island. So you need to be on and give me a Dodo Code.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Dodo code is 31VY7.

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX and anyone else reading. Yeah, I plan on trying Animal Crossing at some point. I'm "SpaceDandy" in your friends w/ green splatoon icon. Boy, that was a long three full days without power. My bedroom temp is 85 at the moment, just turned the air conditioning back on. I ended up sleeping on the inflatable mattress, since those are much cooler to sleep on than a bed with thick insulation.

There was a giant tree across a main road by me, with downed power lines, and the top half of a telephone pole hanging in the air from some power lines that hadn't fallen somehow. It was shocking that more than two days had passed, and no crew had come to clean it up. Someone cut just enough branches for a narrow spot where cars from both directions could take turns getting around the tree. It was an impressive sight, but such a dangerous place on the road, I couldn't stop the car to take photos. The only place to park the car had the hanging power lines, which, I didn't want to screw with that.

I still can't believe my power is on.

Here's a few photos. The snapped tree is impressive. The other massive tree that snapped in the photos is tough to see with all the leaves. The other pick is the view down the trail toward where the local cows<33 are - broken limbs laying around in the grass. And that's a pic of my niece in the silly meme I made.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

@BabyYoshi65 Here's some pics

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.

BruceCM

Quite a storm you must have had, @WoomyNNYes.... Hope things are better now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

HobbitGamer

@WoomyNNYes Yuck, downed trees are a pain. Living in the coastal south, I can vouch for the day(or week) ruiner that is downed trees.

@NotTelevision I love my Lite. I have CTS , and the Lite is loads more comfy. I even got a bigger card this week so I could play Borderlands on it, as my OG was cramping my hand quick in that game.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

Not a fan of playing the OLED Vita at night because even the lowest brightness is really bright.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

WoomyNNYes

@BruceCM @HobbitGamer Yeah, I still can't believe I have power. I'm so excited to take a normal shower & sleep with air conditioning in my own bed. No more 83 degree indoor temps at night. Man, every house should have a backup battery or solar panel to charge electronic devices. I'm guessing the neighbor with the Tesla car just charged their phone in the car without having to run an idle gas powered car(like me). Thankfully I at least have a quick-charge-car-charger.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Indeed. I often daydream about what I would do if I won the lottery. I've got my whole dream house planned out. It will never happen, but it's a nice fantasy.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

I don't feel fit today. 😰
My body felt warmer.
I'm freaking out if i got infected by Covid-19.
But so far i didn't feel any serious symptom , just like regular fever.
I have drink some Chinese medicines, took a rest on my bed, thinking that i cannot draw anything right now.
I have to get better tomorrow.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

BruceCM

Certainly hope it isn't THE virus, @Anti-Matter .... Best wishes for getting well soon

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Thanks. 🙂
I have to be careful to not too close with my Mom to prevent something unexpected.

Good news i got just now, my New 3DS XL Europe Fire Emblem edition has arrived.
Yay...! 😁

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic