Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,761 to 43,780 of 96,507

Eel

@Anti-Matter You should try inviting other players online if it’s 3 or 5 stars.
3 stars, you can just use your best Pokémon as long as it’s not weak to electric.

@Heavyarms55 ironically I just found a few bottle caps just there on the little inner desert area. So yes this island provides these outside raids too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

I felt really angry after my Dillon died during battle against Final form Grock. All the 30 minutes gameplay just wasted !! 😡
I don't want to retry the Battle at the moment. I still feel upset. The game was really ridiculous hard at some levels.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Eel Thanks for the tip!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Either way, as mentioned before, my point still stands. And you asked why we're talking about BotW? Because that was the original topic: the differences between ACNH and BotW. You threw in Super Mario Odyssey at a later point in time.

I think I'm going to have to agree with the @BruceCM, @1UP_MARIO and @WoomyNNYes: you're not going to get it until you actually play the game, and then all we've said up to this point will finally click into place, and you'll understand. Yes, there is much to do in Odyssey, or in any other game, for that matter, we could grab any other game, say a Dragon Quest XI or whatever, but the main point is that BotW isn't done when the main story line is done, or when you've collected all Korok seeds, for all intent and purposes Zelda's version of Mario Odyssey's moons.

And you'll also finally understand why Odyssey is NOT open world. If you strip away all the fancy graphics and such, its setup is still the very same as the old Mario games: worlds, levels, stages. Gated environments, NOT open world go anywhere, also because you NEED to unlock stuff by collecting more moons to be able to go anywhere. In BotW, you can go anywhere in the world from the moment you emerge from the cave at the beginning. Without restraint, without having to collect any kind of in-game currency or means of trade/fuel.

Sure, it'll take a bloody awful long time to travel anywhere on foot, so it's handier to gather resources or catch a horse, but the point is that you don't HAVE to, and you CAN do it in any way that you'd want to play it.

But let's wrap this up, because no offense, but it's going nowhere because you're missing part of the picture, due to you not having played it yet, or if you have, then not nearly enough, because otherwise, you'd get it.

One final note I'd like to make is that I saw you asked @1UP_MARIO why one game should be better than the other. Not the point. At least: not mine. I never said one is better than the other. But one IS bigger, there's more to do (both during, besides and AFTER the main story line), and it IS different in quite a few ways...

An example of my own experience: when I first played it, I fully intended to follow the main story line, but instead, after I had gone through the initial prologue and gotten me some tools, I found myself completely wrapped up in making food items and potions, by means of hunting, gathering and fishing, and before I knew it, well over two hours had passed, and that's all I had done. Well, that and some mountain climbing...

That wouldn't have made much sense in a regular Zelda game, and it wouldn't even have been possible, much like in a Mario game.

@Tyranexx Alas, ma'am. For these organizations alone, I'd truly wish I was one, if even only for a day. Or a minute: that would already be enough to do a snap or two...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WoomyNNYes

@Vinny Did someone say, Italo!? 🤪🤩😍

I like some Italo. (Edit: man... I keep running into this youtube vids that wont allow embed's to play ☹)

Speaking of synth music. I caught this on adult swim in 2016, and watched it a bunch. The Lords of Synth. I found it amusing.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@NEStalgia The motorcycle seemed like a dumb idea to me, too. It basically is a horse that can be summoned from anywhere. But it's a motor cycle (it runs on food, which is easy enough to fill). I used it. It's fine? It's a novelty. DLC also gives you Ancient horse gear, which lets you summon the horse from anywhere - which is handy. You know, I never used horses in botw, until I got that ability to summon the horse from anywhere.

Two questions for you regarding botw.
Did you find & ride that ghost horse?
Did you find gannon's giant horse?
There's a single horse in BOTW that's like 50% biger than all the others, and it's supposedly decended from gannon's horse. I only knew about it because of internet. I found it. I thought it was fun to find, register, put a saddle on it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

BabyYoda71

So, as I wrongly thought in my previous post, I slept in. So I’ll probably be here really late tonight.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

Guys, tomorrow will be a Solar Eclipse at some places ! 😀
My country Indonesia will have a chance to see a Ring Solar Eclipse.
I wonder tomorrow will be suddenly dark at afternoon.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@Anti-Matter Yes, I heard about that! I had the lucky experience of a full solar eclipse a few years ago. That is an experience I’ll never forget.

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter @babyyoshi12 Yeah, I got eclipse binoculars for the 2017 total eclipse in my region. I got the smaller ones, 10x25mm. Kinda want the bigger ones ,10x42mm, because it has the bigger exit pupil image, easier to look through. The smaller ones work well, but the smaller exit pupil image means your eyes have to look through a smaller sweet spot to see the image. But I'm glad I have them to see sunspots or future eclipses. Note: these see nothing black blackness unless aimed at the sun.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MAX8ZB7/ref=twister_B06WLM71TB?_...
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Eel

I found an old photo of me as a little eel larva opening gifts on my birthday, next to my older brother throwing a tantrum because none of the gifts are for him.

Ah, good times.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BabyYoda71

@WoomyNNYes Ooh, those would be great for bird watching....

BabyYoda71

I updated my description to include a quote from @ThanosRexxx a few pages back.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Not sure about a minute....Maybe thirty seconds would be sufficient?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BabyYoda71

ThanosReXXX wrote:

but the main point is that BotW isn't done when the main story line is done

Yes, I understand that, @ThanosRexxx. I’m not saying Odyssey is open world- I understand it’s not. But putting BotW aside, Odyssey isn’t done when the main story line is done . Don’t compare it to BotW or open-world, just look at the sentence and admit it’s true.

Odyssey isn’t done when the main story line is done.

Eel

What if you do everything you can in the games before finishing the story 🧐

Ironically, you can't do that in Mario Odyssey because more moons unlock after the credits.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BabyYoda71

Wow... today is a slow news day. In the past 12 hours, we got 2 pieces of news, a piece of ‘news’ that doesn’t really matter at all and a Box-Art Brawl.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic