Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,601 to 43,620 of 96,538

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah... shades of grey seem to have disappeared entirely, especially in regards to these kinds of online "conversations", or perhaps we should refer to them as text battles...

That's also one of the main reasons why I, like you, shun social media. All I use is WhatsApp for friends and family, and LinkedIn for my professional network, but that's it. And I've found out that I really don't need any more than that. My personal life is my business, and I already feel more than good enough about myself, without having an Instagram or Facebook account on which to forcefully share my wonderful life (and let's not forget "amazingly shopped and/or filtered" for extra likes) with thousands of unknown friends or followers...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I never understood the people who just go to their friends' friend lists and added everyone. It was so silly. I remember having people on my list who had like literally thousands of "friends".

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 But hey, look on the bright side: we've finally got a new Pokémon Snap game coming in.
Here's hoping the comments will stay nice...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

The Americans probably would not understand (just kidding) but here we just got a special edition of Nintendo Kinder Eggs. Yes I know they are extremely dangerous for humanity!

But I got Mario and the Flower!

Untitled

BabyYoda71

@Zuljaras After seeing that, I prefer not to show my collection.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Why would they not understand, and what's so dangerous about them?

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX In USA the Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs are banned for being dangerous for children. They could swallow the toys inside them and explode ... I mean choke!!!

It is just funny that they would not allow chocolate egg but other dangerous things are legal

@BabyYoshi12 Why?! I love seeing other peoples physical collections of games.

Edited on by Zuljaras

BabyYoda71

@Zuljaras Mines not much of a sight- 11 games.

Eel

In the US it is illegal to sell any edible item that contains non-edible items inside.

I think there's an alternative version of kinder eggs made specifically because of that though, so it's not like they don't get kinder toys.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@Zuljaras Wait, they’re banned!?!? I live right above the US, and I didn’t know that.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras @Eel And that right there is why most Europeans either laugh at or just can't make any sense of us, because we ban those kinds of things, but heavy medicines or guns are freely available everywhere.

Sometimes, I'm SO glad that I'm living over here. Except for the times that people find out where I'm originally from, and I have to fend off all the stereotypes and prejudice again...

Anti-Matter

My games collection so far until June 2020.
Untitled
Notice if there are a lot of Boxer pictures on my game shelf. I worship to Boxing / Kickboxing. 😎
Oh, beware of Hannah Montana PS3 if you are not a fan of girlie games. 😆

And my 3DS XL europe on the bottom, Wii corner. I hide the machine there. 🤫

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Different cultures I guess. The stereotype of Americans is not THAT bad here in Europe. Mostly fat jokes and gun jokes but nothing too harsh.

Black jokes and Jew jokes on the other hand rain supreme here.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Here in Europe? You're talking as if I'm not living on the exact same continent...
I guess the Dutch are a bit more cynical than the people of Bulgaria, then.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Europe, obviously. Amsterdam, to be exact. Great city, lovely people.
I'm originally from California, though.

BabyYoda71

Anti-Matter wrote:

My games collection so far until June 2020.
Untitled

I should add that, @Zuljaras, I have lots of 3DS and Wii games, but not many Switch ones. I actually probably have equal, but I didn’t buy games digitally until the Switch.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX No no we Bulgarians are really harsh on the Black people and Gay people but mostly on gs. We literally hate them. But I guess the rest of the world is the same about them.

@BabyYoshi12 that reminds me that I should take a photo of my 3DS and DS collections!

Edited on by Eel

Eel

Let's please not use that g-word because it triggers the profanity filter.

In fact this whole subject could get out of hand if the wrong person joins the discussion. So let's try to move on.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic