Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,561 to 43,580 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Oof, that'd be some toilet visit...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the link but I don't need them. I was just mentioning it because I heard it was a rare item. I just use my Wii U if I want to play Wii games on a modern TV.

And every few weeks I get the stupid idea in my head that maybe the haters had moved on, and check the comments... It's not unwarranted, because in most other places I follow Pokemon, the people who don't like it, have moved on. Sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia are still hugely popular, and there are a ton of YouTubers and Twitch streamers around still chugging along just fine. People like Cybertron VGC with 100k subs, WolfeyVGC with twice that, Haydunn with nearly 300k, aDrive with more than half a million, and AustinJohnPlays with 1.5 million. (though to be fair, unlike the others, AustinJohn does more than Pokemon) And I don't see anything close to the nastiness I see on any Pokemon related articles here or on the YouTube Channel for NL.

I don't know for sure that the Pokemon video was taken down due to the nasty comment section, I just know that when I checked it last night, it was already getting really bad, and when I was watching YouTube in the morning today, it was gone. Maybe Alex goofed and revealed some detail he wasn't supposed to. Seems unlikely though.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

Hm... I'm suddenly reminded of the sometimes weird grammatical structure of Asian languages, and the sometimes funny, but often annoying misconceptions that arise because of it, when they're trying to interpret an English language comment and coming up with a reply that actually makes sense or hits the mark...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, luckily it's just a minority, but they're VERY vocal, as is the case with all haters/"defenders" of something, and that's usually what spoils any and all entertainment value that I could get from joining in any such conversations.

Don't know about that video you mentioned. I guessed I missed that being posted and/or taking away.

BabyYoda71

Here’s a random question- when you’re scrolling through threads, some have a lock symbol, some have speech bubbles, and some, like this one, has a bookmark icon. What does the bookmark mean?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, a lock obviously means that the forum thread is locked (which you can also see if you go to the last page of a locked thread, and scroll all the way down to the final comment), but personally, I've no idea what the difference is between the speech bubble icon and the flag/banner icon. Perhaps we should invite site manager @antdickens in here to solve that riddle for us...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BabyYoda71

@antdickens Ahh, that’s what that means. Yesterday, I found the thread where NL announced sticky threads, but I couldn’t understand what it meant.

ThanosReXXX

@antdickens Ah, I see. Well, as is proven so many times over, you do actually have a chance to learn something new every day.

So, what about the speech bubble icons, then? I understand that they're not sticky threads, but what it does mean, other than the obvious "talking" or "ongoing conversation", is beyond me.

Zuljaras

Here is something random from me. Today we bought one of those playgrounds for a cat. And our furry idiot looks scared but still stays inside.

Untitled

BruceCM

You need more icons for your threads .... A gaming icon? The discussion one & a warning sign for the political stuff!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BabyYoda71

In case you were wondering, this is the thread with the third most replies on NL, beaten only by The Nintendo Switch Thread and Pokémon X & Y Friend Codes.

Vinny

Only 4 generations away until the PS9.
Aww yeah!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras You went OUTSIDE???

@antdickens Well, glad all of it is finally clear now. I've also wondered about it sometimes, but never bothered to ask before, until our new member here brought it up again. Either way, thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated.

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

In case you were wondering, this is the thread with the third most replies on NL, beaten only by The Nintendo Switch Thread and Pokémon X & Y Friend Codes.

And all thanks to the ongoing pizza discussion...

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I was just pulling your leg, my friend.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic