Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,441 to 43,460 of 96,530

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Nope, I just can’t get it to work.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 As for pizza: I only eat it every now and then, which keeps my taste for it alive. If I'd be eating it every week, or more, then I'd also tire of it pretty soon.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 You need to remove that smiley, or put it underneath the quote, on its own line.
And you need to add a slash sign "/" in front of the second "quote".

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 The smiley was put there, because you either made a typing error, or forgot something.
Just quote my comment here to see what it's SUPPOSED to look like.

Oh, and that's NOT a pizza. Just garlic bread.

EDIT:

Okay, my bad. The smiley was mine, so it was already there, obviously. You still butchered the quote, though.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I said a slash IN FRONT OF, not AFTER the word quote. Almost there, my friend.
And is the purpose not to learn from your mistakes? If you keep misquoting... erm, quotes, then you'll never learn...

Vinny

Just got a bag of Cheetos. Hmmm, where would it be the most suitable place to consume this snack?

• The Kitchen: Nah, too obvious
  • In front of the computer where little crumbs can easily get stuck into the keyboard's keys: Perfect!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Maaryotyme

Yum pizza.
I believe this is a sensitive topic and against the rules 😉

Maaryotyme

NEStalgia

@BabyYoshi12 What did tomatoes ever do to you?

The dough is the pizza. The pizza is the dough. Everything else is dressing. An english muffin isn't pizza dough... They are both flatbreads with cheese on them....I'll give you that. Pizza e Napolitano, pizza e Margarita, pizza bianco, NY coal pizza... it's all pizza. None are english muffins. Chicago deep dish tomato dairy cake is also not pizza. California pizza I just assume is NY pizza with extra hemp. Sicilian oil fried pizza is pizza, but an acquired taste.

@ThanosReXXX It's bread, tomatoes, cheese, and veggies or meats....hard to tire of a holy trinity of edibles like that. Assuming your locale has the good stuff (with proximity to Italy you'd think so, but you may have cloned the "American pan pizza" which is barely pizza), I'm pretty sure I could live on pizza alone, assuming a variety of toppings were in rotation. But only the good stuff. And the chains have become so bad I can't even eat them if that's all that's on offer. When you have real pizzerias on every corner and two on most, I can't understand how the chains actually still seem to massively thrive.

There's the real deal, there's the fast food clone, and then there's "pizza shaped objects made of 100% post-consumer recycled content." Frozen pizzas, even edible ones, fall under that category. There's some "industrial waste" ingredient in them that tires you of them and starts to sicken you after you have it too often....that just doesn't happen with the real deal. At the end of the day it's just fresh bread with an open top filling.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia So... I'm asking you about why the hell there isn't any pizza in the Mid-West, and instead, you're responding to something that wasn't even directed at you...

Oh, whatever have I ever done wrong to be SO misunderstood...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Ahh, the stupid broken quote system never sends notifications from quotes (but DOES send notifications if the quote contains text that tagged you originally. So if you quoted something I said where I tagged, say, eel, eel would have gotten a notification and I wouldn't have. I hate that broken thing.

As for the mid-west. Oh, they think they have pizza. But they don't. They have that deep dish slosh, and pan pizzas ("American pie") but none of it is real pizza. It's a kind of mid-western facsimile. It is to pizza what you Dutch and Germans recognize American beer to be

Basically a bunch of non-Italians tried to replicate pizza based on concepts many decades ago....and improve it's factory-like production efficiency. Mid-west pan pizza is the result. The crust is all wrong, the cheese is overdone, the spices tend to be wrong....the wrong oil is used, and the garlic powder is no substitute for real or granulated garlic so it becomes "too garlicy" in a bad way. I mean it's pizza by technicality, it's there, and I'm sure some enterprising individuals have opened real pizzerias, here and there. But it's no stand-in for the one and only good thing about this coast.....real pizza, absolutely everywhere. Chicago at least has a unuique creation that's good on its own with the deep dish. But it's still not pizza.

Also, I notice you did not deny that Cali pizza is just NY pizza with extra hemp. Veeery interesting....

NEStalgia

BabyYoda71

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@BabyYoshi12 No, you've got that all wrong. The phrase is "pizza is SO bad, that it's good". :laughing

@ThanosReXXX There, hope it works. As for the cheesy garlic fingers, I never said it was a pizza, but it’s my delicious equivalent of a pizza. It’s not garlic bread, because garlic bread doesn’t have cheese.

@NEStalgia I call it ‘a delicious mini-pizza without sauce’. Does everything have to have sauce on it to be a pizza? What if your allergic to tomatoes? Are you not allowed to have a ‘real pizza’?

EDIT: Here are some words of wisdom from the internet:

“It is a crust, not the toppings, that defines a pizza.”

Edited on by BabyYoda71

NEStalgia

@BabyYoshi12 indeed it is. That's why i mentioned pizza bianco.

It does need to be pizza crust to be pizza. But non tomato pizza exists. Pizza bianco.

NEStalgia

BabyYoda71

@NEStalgia I will look into pizza Bianca later and get back to you.

BabyYoda71

@NEStalgia “In Italy pizza bianca means “white pizza”, which is a Pizza drizzled with olive oil and salt and of course no Tomato Sauce.”

No, no, no. I eat a normal pizza without a sauce, no olive oil or salt included. If you want to know my recipe, just let me know, but here is the general idea:

1. Make garlic spread
2. Spread over pizza crust
3. Put cheese on top
4. Put in oven.

That’s it. Garlic and cheese, nothing else.

That’s my cheese pizza, I also have English Muffin Mini-Pizza (that doesn’t have a crust, so it’s not a real pizza, but it’s still delicious) and Cheesy Garlic Fingers from restaurants. Here’s a picture of one from Dominos, maybe you should try it next time. You won’t be disappointed.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/13/77/3a/9e/s...

Edited on by BabyYoda71

NEStalgia

@BabyYoshi12 bianco. Literally "white pizza". Mozz, Parmesan and aioli (olive oil, garlic, salt). May or may not have other herbs, veggies, or meats. It's real... It originates as a regional northern italian style. It's good!

Edit: Oops beat me to it. It's not so different from yours.... But that aioli is a garlic oil mixture. Without some kind of oil layer the cheese doesn't stay separate from the crust.... It's more of a cheese bread i guess.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

BabyYoda71

Why are we having this argument in the first place? Because of this:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@BabyYoshi12 You ain't seen nothing yet, dear new member. You should see some of our pizza or other food item-related discussions.

Why, @ThanosReXXX, why?

NEStalgia

@BabyYoshi12 when it comes to garlic cheese bread, I'll never be happy because i can never again get the garlic cheese toast pizza hut had in the 80s. Back then they were real dine in restaurants with pretty good food (deep dish fake pizza still... But real fake deep dish). But the garlic cheese bread was the best I've ever had for that sort of thing. Never again duplicated.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

Controversial, site-stopping statement of the day that might get me banned: Pineapple DOES belong on pizza.

I learned late this morning that I'm officially back to work on Monday. While it'll be nice to head back into work again and drive my coworkers crazy ( ), I'm gonna miss having more time on my hands. Honestly I figured I'd be furloughed almost to the end of the month when my state would hit phase 4 of its opening plan, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's been ages since I've had this many consecutive days to myself without needing to worry about work. The last time I had this much time away from work or school, I was in college.

Goodbye healthy Xenoblade progress....I'd play it like crazy this weekend if I didn't have to 1. go to a wedding tomorrow and 2. mow my slightly scary-looking lawn....For the latter, the temp won't be as blah Sunday, and Monday is now off the table between work and an appointment.

@Heavyarms55 ...That particular logic for modifying vehicles has never reached my ears TBH, though I suppose it doesn't surprise me. I've always understood it's one of those things that people do just to make their vehicles sound louder and look "cooler" (Not in my opinion, but I digress). The student parking lot where I went to high school was almost full gravel at the time. A certain subset of students doing donuts back there when the lot was nearly empty was pretty common.

Keurig machines basically pump hot water through a small little cup (K-cups) full of powdered coffee/tea/hot chocolate. By "in them" when I mentioned the hot chocolate, I was referring to the ingredients. Not that I expect the stuff to be healthy, but there's a lot of added sugar. Whereas most of the normal/non-flavored coffee and tea options are just that without any extras.

Probably the closest thing I've had to a night terror is one of those weird "train dreams" I get on rare occasion. I'm not even fully asleep when they happen; they typically occur between sleep and awareness after I've went to bed. It's just a random light ("train") rushing at you, and then I reflex kick. Like kicking at a train would prevent your imminent demise.... The motion wakes me up again, and I feel a bit freaked for a moment before I think "Ugh, this again...."

I half-remember sleepwalking at some point, and my parents actually have me doing it on video. It was really eerie. I'd just walk circles around the living room and nod my head to their questions, sometimes talk a bit. Probably the most drastic thing I ever did was take off my PJs and throw them in the hamper. The amazing thing is I'd have to take stairs to the living room. It's a wonder how sleepwalkers don't injure themselves doing things like that.

@ThanosReXXX Yep, I thought more would come of the DeNA partnership as well. It appears (though we don't really know for sure) that said partnership is pretty much just in the mobile sphere for now.

Sleep paralysis is an interesting phenomenon to learn about. It explains many accounts of seeing shadow people in a state where you simply can't move while in bed. Tales like that go back centuries.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh okay then. I didn't realize what they were. Yeah, probably full of artificial flavors and sugar.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic