Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,421 to 43,440 of 96,537

Eel

My sleep paralysis demon is named Fuzzy.

In other news, Colors! Live is officially the first ever Kickstarter I back. It's an interesting mix of feeling like I've wasted money, and feeling like I contributed to something.

Meanwhile I'll be here, hoping I get my switch sonar pen sometime this year.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

Wow, you guys are talking about the same thing you were when I left two days ago. You should start your own sleep thread.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 It's a mix. I'm not really "in line" with the "climate change" itinerary. I see it as a mix of truths, half truths, agendas, real science, pseudo-science, purchased science, political goals in need of excuses, and a frustrated environmentalist movement that got upset with the fact that nobody seemed to care at all, and decided to hijack all of the above to put urgency timers on their own agendas......once Vatican gets involved in international politics, you know you're back in the 3rd century.

There's truths buried in lies, tied up in monetization and social engineering schemes to the point that it's impossible to listen to any of it and assume any of it isn't a lie even when it's parts that are true. But even beyond that we ended up in an accidental experiment that kind of pigeon holes the whole agenda on that one anyway. We shut down nearly the entire planet for months......and the net result was simply a roll-back to where we were at full capacity 10 years ago which was supposedly already "dire", and this mass halt was effectively "insufficient." So to achieve the "necessary" goals to avert the claimed catastrophe we'd have to shut down substantially more of the world than has been shut down in 2020, permanently. I don't see that happening without a mass culling of 2/3 the worlds population. Then again, if everyone wants to herd immunity we might just achieve that goal. And even if they do it in the West by force, guile, and financial manipulation.....all that does is hasten the need to learn Mandarin. Before we all live undersea, I guess.

So, no I don't think ignoring that stuff is really anti-nature. But the environmental-climate-whateverists are right about some things. There is a genuine anti-nature streak. I've heard, endlessly, from land development types that undeveloped, wild land is "blight" and it could be so much improved by developing it. They literally see natural land as a blight that needs to be reconfigured to symmetrical human engineered hardscape to be pleasing. It's almost an OCD complex apparently for some human. If it's not human engineered, it's "unsafe" and "dangerous" and needs to be "fixed" by engineering it into synthetic materials and symmetric lines. That explains a lot about urbanization and development of the world (and ecosystem destruction and so on.) It's not just about wastefulness and plastic garbage from China. There's an active desire among aspects of society, to actively replace nature with non-nature to make it "better." And those tend to be the individuals rolling o ut how the world develops. Even on a small scale, home owners have spent 20 years ripping out every aspect of nature in their yards and replacing it with designed/planned/engineered landscaping in what, to me looks horrible, but apparently to everyone else, it's "better." There's a definite anti-nature streak to humans that seems associated with the need to have control over all things. And if it's not human designed, it's not human controlled...and they need to change that. Climate agendas aside....humans are indeed anti-nature, apparently.....by nature...

@ThanosReXXX Be honest, you were just looking for a reason to post nudity on NL, weren't you?

You're right on Redd's comments, but from past conversations, I've assumed he's just effectively ridiculing me personally (presumably playfully.) If it's not just me, then yeah, it's jerky. I just assumed since we seem to have opposite opinions more often than not over years, he's dismissively prodding "crazy NES" purposely.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Yeah, I also thought that was an interesting title. I've never backed anything, though. If I'm interested and if it's successful, I'll buy it to support the developers, but I'd hate to invest money into something that might not be released after all. But props to those that do, and who make projects successful.

I'd definitely like to get a hands-on with Colors!, though. If only to find out how good that sound-controlled stylus works.

@Link-Hero Erm... everybody with a normal sleep cycle goes through sleep paralysis. You just haven't fully noticed, because you've only ever woken up at the end of it, and as mentioned, that is what causes the falling sensation. It's basically when your body "un-clamps"/un-clenches from its rigid state, and the muscles relax again. The reason why you're not having those experiences now anymore, is more than likely because you're sleeping better or longer than you used to when you were younger, in which case you completely go through all the sleep stages/cycles without consciously noticing them. I also don't experience the falling sensation anymore, so perhaps it's more common in younger people.

@BabyYoshi12 You ain't seen nothing yet, dear new member. You should see some of our pizza or other food item-related discussions...

@NEStalgia Nah, unlike Anti, I'm not really into male nudity. And there was a FAR more nude picture which was the first search result that came up, but which I didn't post, because it was a full frontal of a woman lying on a bed with a demon on her belly, so I actually had to put in some effort to find a couple of pictures that wouldn't cross the line.

Then again: it's art, which, by its very nature and definition is completely exempt from any such stereotyping.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

Did someone mention pizza?

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Another thing that probably factors in to the equation, is that we're far more energetic when we're younger, especially during puberty, what with all the raging hormones and all.

Nowadays, I can fall (and stay) asleep in or on almost anything. You can fire off the proverbial cannon right next to me, and all I'll probably do, is roll over onto my other side.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Octane

Tasuki wrote:

Pineapple belongs on pizza.

This is the kind of reckless behaviour that needs to be stopped.

Octane

NEStalgia

A pizza with pineapples is not a pizza, it's a fruit cake.

Untitled

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Said the fruitcake himself...

DenDen

@Octane noooooooo

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Yep, I see the pizza discussion now.

My unpopular pizza opinion- it’s bad with with pineapples, it’s bad without pineapple. No matter how you slice it, pizza is bad. (pun intended) The only good pizza is plain cheese with no sauce or anything else. I actually love cheesy garlic fingers better, but that doesn’t classify as ‘pizza’.

NEStalgia

Sweet, tart fruit, salt-cured meat, and cheese do not go together. That is a gastronomical abomination.

I will admit pineapple can work with ham as a pair of toppings, though it's still not pizza, but a sweet & sour fruit cake.

@BabyYoshi12 Wow....what species are you? Dinosaur? Dragon? Yoshis are yoshis according to Miyamoto, but Yoshis eat anything so it's not that either. Pizza is never bad. There are bad pizzas but real pizzas are never bad.

Though it depends where you live. I know not the pizza scene in Canada, though I assume they are topped with maple syrup instead of tomato and thus probably work with pineapple, plum, and apricot as a topping. In the mid-west US there is no such thing as pizza....perhaps the same is true in central Canada. They have round cakes they call pizzas and they have chain pizza that tastes like it came from a vat of turpentine (spoiler: it did) but they have no real pizza.

Or maybe you just have bad memories of Italian food from all those times a certain plumber threw you down a bottomless pit to grab some spare coins up high.

Edit: Pizza bianca is a thing - no tomatoes. Mozzerella, parmesean, sometimes a meat like pancetta, but laiden in aioli sauce. It qualifies as "real" pizza and sounds more like your preference.....but there's still no such thing as bad (real) pizza (And no, pineapples do not count as real pizza.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 No, you've got that all wrong. The phrase is "pizza is SO bad, that it's good".

NEStalgia wrote:

In the mid-west US there is no such thing as pizza....

Wait, WHAT? No pizza over there? How is that possible? America, the land of endless possibilities, the factory of dreams... but NO pizza in the Mid-West?

BabyYoda71

@NEStalgia Pizza is pretty popular here, though not quite as popular as the US. So, it’s not where I live, just my unpopular opinion. I consider pizza shredded cheese melted on a English muffin, but I doubt you would count that as ‘real pizza’. To that I say, even if all pizza is good as long as it’s real, but that doesn’t mean fake pizza can’t be good.

I don’t like maple syrup unless it’s a certain brand either, so it’s just because I’m a picky eater. I always say if there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I am a picky eater.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

kkslider5552000

I love steak and cheese pizza, but the only place remotely near us that has it makes the decision to just use regular pizza sauce for it. Which is a giant mistake, you don't use regular sauce for steak and cheese pizza, that just doesn't go together.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BabyYoda71

[quote=ThanosReXXX]@BabyYoshi12 No, you've got that all wrong. The phrase is "pizza is SO bad, that it's good". : [quote/]
@ThanosReXXX If there’s no sauce, sure. Over the years, I’ve grown less and less fond of pizza.

EDIT: Not sure why the quote didn’t work.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Go to edit your comment, and you'll see. You need to "close" the quote for it to work, so it needs to be the word "quote" preceded by a slash, and all that in between two square brackets: [ ]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic