Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 42,101 to 42,120 of 96,562

Heavyarms55

Hey guys what's up with the little country flags showing up in some comments? Is that a new site feature? If so why some comments and not others?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Hey guys what's up with the little country flags showing up in some comments? Is that a new site feature? If so why some comments and not others?

i havent noticed those.

but this one is super sexy if i must say so myself

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
The flag you saw from user on previous thread was a flag emoji.
It typed with flag emoji intentionally.
I can show my country Indonesia flag like this 🇮🇩 easily.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter It didn't work apparently. All I see is "ID" in a different font.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Ow, i typed my Indonesia flag 🇮🇩 from my smartphone.
It has tons of emojis.
Japan flag like this 🇯🇵.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Nope neither of them are working now. It's just "ID" and "JP" in the same but different than normal, font. Maybe NL just doesn't like Asia and Oceania.

Heavyarms55

@WoomyNNYes @Eel That's just weird. I'm seeing them just fine on other threads from other people. It's only his that aren't showing up. And I'm using Google Chrome on a fairly new PC right now.

Heavyarms55

@Eel okay I can see the smiley faces on that PC but not the flags. But using Chrome on my phone I can see both.

But on that PC I can see the flags, just not the ones Anti used. I know how it sounds but it's true.

Computers are weird. Whatever.

BruceCM

Interesting, I can see the flags in Chrome on Android when I couldn't, using the same browser on my PC.....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

@Heavyarms55 maybe you saw a person that always has a flag icon on their posts? With the appropriate username of flaglover or something like that.

In that case, this person doesn't use emojis, it's actually an image that apparently keeps track of the nationality of every person that sees it.

Yes it's weird. Yes it's creepy. No I'm not sure why they do it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Eel Okay on a different PC with Chrome now, my personal machine and I know everything is up to date, and your face emoji's are just fine, but the flags aren't showing up. Just like @BruceCM said, I can see them in Chrome on Android, but not Chrome on PC.

It's no big deal to me really. But I do find it very odd.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Forgot to mention yesterday how incidentally apt it was of you to mention Vikings, seeing as the new Assassin's Creed has been revealed to take place in the Age of the Vikings. It's called Valhalla, and it definitely looks good...

@Tyranexx VERY arguably indeed...

@Heavyarms55 Chrome may be a good browser for simpler or lighter PC's, but it isn't a very good and/or broadly compatible browser in general. Ever since I moved away from Internet Explorer, I've always used Firefox, and I still do to this day. I have tried Chrome, but I just don't like it, for many reasons, so I ultimately switched back to Firefox, and I can see all of the flag emoji's just fine, so that should tell you something.

By the way: perhaps you missed it a couple of pages back, but I gave you a link to my latest mini photo album. So, here's that link, so you can check it out, if you like:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/4h5ymst

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Assassin's Creed Valhalla cinematic was breath-taking.

I am a huge fan of the NEW formula of Assassin's Creed with Origins and Odyssey.

This one will be amazing and it is closer to Assassin's Creed 1 in terms of years than Origins and Odyssey.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, it looked pretty damn good. And an interesting setting as well. Don't like the name all that much, though. The previous ones were more correctly chosen. Naming this "Valhalla" makes it sounds like you'll be playing this game in Viking heaven, while it actually takes places in the actual Viking world/era, so they should have called it Assassin's Creed Midgard or something.

I'm glad that the idiot that came up with this name wasn't responsible for naming Odyssey, otherwise it might have ended up being called Assassin's Creed Olympus...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter No prob! Happy to help! Glad that you found a name you like.

@Heavyarms55 Most places don't deliver out where I live either, despite the fact that there are some nearby subdivisions that I know would definitely pay for it. There was a chain place called Marco's that used to, but they closed for weird reasons. Business for them was good, but IIRC there was a disagreement with rent in the building that they shared with a Family Video. The only place I know of is a Casey's gas station; their pizza isn't bad, but there are definitely better options.

Weight control is another reason I don't keep it around and only get it as a treat 2-3 times a month. Besides, they say the ingredients that go into some frozen pizza brands shouldn't really be entering anyone's digestive system. XD IMO it's better fresh anyway.

@ThanosReXXX Asgard sounds cooler IMO, but was likely avoided in English for obvious reasons.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I don't think they'd have a problem with that: Marvel doesn't hold the copyright to something that they can't own in the first place, seeing as it's just a part of every day Nordic mythology...
(and "in English"? It's written the same and sounds the same in Scandinavian... )

And yes, it does sound cool, but that too, would kinda be missing the point I made: like Valhalla, it's also a reference to heaven, whereas none of the previous games did that, in their respective universes/worlds. Most of the games all referred to either something Earthly, or at least something to do with the plight of man on Earth, hence my suggestion for Midgard which, as we know is Nordic for Earth. But obviously, it was just one example, off the top of my head. There's SO much more to be found in Nordic mythology and lore, that they could have easily come up with something better than Valhalla.

But, at the end of the day, that's ultimately just my personal opinion and sentiment. I'm just not feeling it, that's all.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic