Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,841 to 41,860 of 96,481

WoomyNNYes

Yeah, that pac-man wallpaper was vinyl too. Wildness.
@Eel You little liar. You still use an L in your username I tested it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

We never really used wallpaper in my home when I was growing up. We had it in one room, and after my parents quit smoking, they tore it down and it took longer than painting like, the rest of the house. My father resolved against it. My dorm in university was just painted white. And my current apartment is... I actually don't know what to call it. It's this textured white, kind of rubbery material that I keep damaging anytime I use tape on it. lol

I laugh now, but when I move my landlord is probably gonna make me fix it...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

I paint patterns on my walls as if they’re papered. Wallpaper removal is an awful project. Especially if it’s thin, cheap paper. You pretty much have to soak the walls with hot water to get all the glue off, then you need to prime with an alcohol based primer to kill the stains. Truly a terrible job. That Pac Man paper is awesome though. It’s clear it’s a nice, thick vinyl. It’ll stay up forever.

@NintendoByNature - A nice hike afterwards probably helped it all settle nicely. I can usually skip lunch after a big B&G breakfast, which I actually enjoy quite a bit. Feels like I’m really getting away with something, like I’m using a cheat code.

@Tyranexx - Do you ever have a sneezing reaction to sunlight? If I get blasted by a sunbeam, even inside, it can suddenly make me sneeze. Same thing happens to my son. He sneezes almost every morning when I open his blind and blast his room with sunshine. Weird.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha yeah. Oddly enough i wanted to make it again this morning, but i quickly remembered how i felt yesterday.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Good heroin? I wouldn't even know where to get that, and I basically live in a rather infamous city, in that regard. I've never gone further than trying a pill at a house party. Other than that, my late teens and twenties was basically beer and coffee shops. And I don't mean Starbucks...

As for beer at a fire: oh, I'm with you there. Sitting around a fire definitely requires beers. Depending on the size and/or duration of the fire, it may even require your own crate of beer to sit on...

@NintendoByNature I'm always proud and/or happy to be around good people, whether in real life, or online, so no argument there.

@Tyranexx Ssshhh... don't mention his name. He's now already in here WAY more often than normally...

@Heavyarms55 I'm in a lock down. Even I can't fight entire governments, let alone viruses.
Currently, I'm still quite busy waging the weekly super market battles, to acquire all the items that I need, without them being bought out from under me by these insane hoarders..

As for the white on your apartment walls: from your description, I'd say it's latex paint. Often used on walls or smooth surfaces, because it's water-resistant and easy to maintain/clean. Although I do have to wonder about the quality of the paint if you can so easily damage it with tape. So, maybe it's not latex paint after all. Or maybe they didn't use primer on the walls or clean the walls properly before applying the paint.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee I'm usually not a sun sneezer, but my sister is! Even if she's indoors, a stray ray of sunlight sometimes causes her to sneeze like crazy! I tease her and say she's allergic to sunlight. XD

@ThanosReXXX I've heard that if you say "boex" five times while doing jumping jacks, @ogo79 will appear with a stack of them along with a limited edition Castlevania compilation set for the Switch. And it comes with a free authentic whip!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Sigh, due to the pandemic, there’s literally no flights back home until maybe mid May. Welp. The three week visit will be a bit longer I guess...

I did tell my parents this would happen, but of course, I’m just a silly ridiculous worrywart.

I miss my bed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Eel You don’t know anything, you worry wart so and so!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

Anti-Matter wrote:

@gcunit
Have your kids ever play LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER ?
They will love it.
Police theme, investigating the crime, open world, borrowing the vehicles, well... kinda obvious. Also, this LEGO is the only LEGO game i like due to Normal looking outfits from them (though there were some horrendous costumes for my taste) since i am not a fan of Western franchises such as Lord of the Rings, Marvel heroes, Harry Potter, etc.

Sorry for the lag, but just to answer the question - no they've not played LEGO City yet. It's only single player on Wii U (and they don't have access to the Switch yet), so not as good an option for them both to play as the other LEGO games. They probably would have still seen it by now apart from the fact that I tried to install it to the hard drive so that they wouldn't need to access the disc, but there seems to be a problem with the installation as it keeps crashing entering the main game, and I haven't got round to trying to redo it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER is 2 Players on Switch, PS4 and Xbox One version. 😉
And you need another pair of Joy Cons / another stick controller to play as Player 2.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Thanks. I was aware that the newer version of LEGO City offers 2 player, but like I say, they don't have access to my Switch yet (it's still my little secret toy).

The LEGO/WB people need to get their act together and combine the building options from LEGO Worlds with the environment of LEGO City (plus add in some Star Wars DLC). I guess ultimately it's a RAM problem, because the computer needs to keep track of an awfully high number of LEGO bricks in LEGO Worlds, so to combine that with the density of LEGO City must be pretty expensive memory-wise.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Well when I mean tape, I mean like duct tape, not simple scotch tape. But latex paint does sound like a good possibility, the material does remind me of latex gloves.

NintendoByNature

It's times like these i really miss my barbor. Almost makes me want to pull out my dads flowbee from 25 years ago. It sucks and it cuts

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I lucked out and got a haircut about a week before all non-essential businesses were closed down here. It's about time to get a haircut again with no end in sight. I can wait for about a month yet before losing my mind, but it will DEFINITELY need thinned by then. I have very thick hair that I prefer to keep on the shorter side.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Eel I can very much relate to that. I get uncomfortable sleeping in a different bed for more than a couple days. Going several weeks in a different bed would drive me up a wall.

@NintendoByNature Barber shops are actually still open in small communities like mine here in Japan (though I don't think that's a good idea). However I've been letting my hair grow for the last several months. It's down past my ears now. At first I was just wondering if my coworkers would complain but now I'm starting to like it quite a bit. Though I am using noticeably more shampoo now. lol

Eel

Wish it was a bed. It’s like, the worst kind of folding couch-bed, you can feel the rigid separation between the seat and the back rest.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx That summing up of ceremonial acts made it sound like the Bloody Mary story...
On a side note: thanks to you and @bimmy-lee, I've now learned a new word: sun sneezer.

However, not to burst anyone's bubble or anything, but that's not really a thing, though. It is actually a nifty little biological thinga-ma-bob called sensory overload/over-stimulation, and (an excess of) light just happens to be one of the triggers, but it has little to do with the sun specifically. You can also do it by staring into a light bulb, or simply into the blue sky, as long as it's a clear, light day. Some even get the sneeze reaction from sound.

You can try it out on yourself. If your trigger is sunlight, then the light bulb should work as well. Tilting your head back to look at it also helps, so preferably one that's hanging on the ceiling, or any other high vantage point...

@bimmy-lee Trouble removing wallpaper? Don't they have steam devices over there? That almost makes the paper fall right off the wall all by itself, so all you'll need to finish it off, is the smallest push of a spatula...

@Heavyarms55 Ah, that explains it. I was meaning to ask you what kind of tape, but I forgot...
Better use some normal Scotch tape, then. Or thumb tacks, or putty.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

I saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky this morning after raining.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic