Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,821 to 41,840 of 96,558

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX There was a joke thread (or part of one; slept since then, so the details are foggy....) a couple of years ago where someone allegedly needed help moving boxes, but it was misspelled as "Boexes". It's kind of been a running gag since. I'll see if I can find it later.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes I'd never say that it's a quick loader, but it's honestly the only (technical) downside of the game, so I'd never have an issue with it personally. It probably has something to do with it being the first true open world LEGO game or something, if I'd have to take a wild guess. And on the Wii U, it wasn't tweaked as much as it is now, meaning that you'd have to be even more patient for certain areas to load, but it still takes nothing away from the quality of the game itself, far as I'm concerned. And I just LOVE the comedy in it, something that the LEGO games have always had, but this one takes it one step further, and I really enjoyed it.

@Tyranexx Ah, okay. I thought it might be something along those lines, but if you don't ask...
That answer is fine though, so if you can't find the article, then that's alright.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature In the biscuits and gravy for life, huh? Now, if ever there was something to be eternally proud of...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Do you dream the quarantine, or does the quarantine dream... you?!?

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, that kind of quarantine would be tough for me. I only referenced heroin for effect and comedy. I’m not considering anything new at this point. I have enough vices to last me the rest of my life. Besides, good heroin is way to expensive and hard to come by. Too much effort, money, and jonesing. Hope the B&Cs and the snack plate treated you well last night. I lit the fire in the burn pit today to burn up a bunch of yard debris, so naturally I had to grab a beer. I think it’s illegal to tend a fire without beer. Even in quarantine.

@NintendoByNature - So how was the B&G this morning? I forgot to post the recipe my wife uses for scratch. I’ll be sure to post it before you’re ready for it again. I tried to come see you last night, but the gates were closed.

@Tyranexx - Glad you enjoyed your Internet break. It’s definitely healthy, especially in the age of quarantine. Yeah, my seasonal allergies have been activated for a week or so. I don’t get it too bad, but it’s enough to be annoying. I had the leaf blower out earlier, and that always stirs up a big batch of trouble for me. I was able to chase my kids around with it and blast them in the face with air, so it was all worth it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX be proud. It's only a select few 😉.
@bimmy-Lee yea it was solid. I felt like a slug afterwards though. Made up for it by taking the family on a nature hike afterwards. At least some of it got burned off.

Yea dude I forgot to open it honestly and I wasn't sure if you were down or not but im free tonight. I may not even pluck flowers so you can see how nice my house looks now lol

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I only like LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER because that's the only LEGO game doesn't feature Western franchises such as Marvel heroes, Star Wars, Harry Potter , LOTR , etc as i never like everything from those Western franchises from their horrendous outfits, uninteresting story and annoying popularity. On LEGO CITY it features Normal outfits (Police, civil, doctor, lifeguard, etc) despite there are some horrendous outfits too but not related with Western franchises. Also, the theme about police capture the criminals is interesting for me than the other LEGO games.

LEGO World was actually somehow quite interesting for creating our world like Dragon Quest Builders but it ruined completely by attacking other LEGO characters until they exploded and a bunch of horrible outfits that i never like them.

LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER: The Chase Begins 3DS was the first Original Nintendo game i bought since 28 August 2013.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Chlocean

@Anti-Matter I agree. It was the only LEGO game I've enjoyed for that purpose as well. It felt more like a 3D platformer than a linear fanservice quest. It actually was quite funny, as well!

Chlocean

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX A quick search of the site didn't yield much other than the fact that Ogo seems to be QUITE fond of that misspelling of the word....

@bimmy-lee My allergies usually aren't terrible; like yours, they just tend to be annoying. They tend to kick off whenever I've spent more than a few minutes outside this time of year. I was just outside again for a little while (and I think my face might be sunburned), so I'll start sneezing soon. I'm not entirely sure what sets me off. It's gotta be some kind of tree pollen in the air. Mowing later this week will be "fun"....

Haha! Leaf blower to the face! If the weather there is anything like it is here today, I'm sure the blast actually felt pretty good!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

I downloaded the google photo scan app to start digitizing old photos back to the 60s. Found some photos of a Ford/Dole rally too. I guess my dad’s high school marching band was there, but they really should have gone for a better hat choice. From some angles, it looks like a clan rally in a Sears.

Also, I’m gonna be on and off AC this evening, so leave your gates open ...if you dare.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

Took a break from the site for a while - since I was on it almost nonstop for the last couple weeks.
How's everyone been? Did I miss any ground breaking, mind blowing, news? Did @ThanosREXXX finally defeat the Avengers for good? Did @Anti-Matter set a world record in DDR? Did @Eel change his name again? Did @Hobbitgamer get elected as Prime Minister of Mars?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I haven't played DDR Arcade for 1 month due to Corona virus pandemic. 😫
Nothing can i do but playing DDR PS2 / Wii at home with just normal controller.
I still have to practice blind playing DDR with my Quartet DDR songs combo, to maintain my memories with all the stepcharts.

Good news, i have bought 4 old Sony games from Tokopedia (2 PS3 and 2 PS2 games).

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Man, I lost by kersplakian votes. But I’m leader of the opposition party, so I guess there’s that. Manhunter has to work with me to get legal rights to historic sites.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I'm actually amazed you haven't looked into getting a proper board for yourself. It's your favorite game isn't it? Do you not have enough room in your home? That's something I understand. I didn't buy Ring Fit because I don't feel comfortable playing it in my small apartment.

@HobbitGamer Gosh darn those Kersplakians! If only there wasn't that outside aid from the Merpinians on Deimos!

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Actually i found there was a website that selling a Metal DDR pad from Poland as i saw also from user on Youtube.
But the problem was i still haven't found right time to buy as i still hunting for old games first before i suddenly order very pricey DDR pad from internet (added with tax).
I'm not sure also if my friend can help me to order stuffs not from Ebay or playasia or Amazon.

I think i will start from Pop'n Music first as i found someone sell Pop'n Music controller from Tokopedia. Pop'n Music is similar with Beatmania as the game also made by BEMANI, same developer of Konami Rhythm games.

I still have enough room for playing DDR as i played on living room. So many things i want to buy during this year.
I want two PS3 Moves + Camera for playing Sports Champions 2, Racket Sports and Move Fitness.
I want Pop'n Music controller to play Drummania, Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music games on PS2. I have to get New 2DS XL PAL version as i have already got Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers 3DS Europe in physical last year with other Europe 3DS games.

Maybe not on this year but I also want Para Para Paradise PS2 controller that already almost impossible to find from Ebay. I really want DDR Metal pad too so i can play DDR at home.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Wow, you'd have to order from that far away? I'd have thought they would be easier to get. Though I never looked myself.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
There are a bunch of cheap plastic DDR pad from Tokopedia being sold.
But i saw someone can made a homemade Metal DDR pad in Indonesia with more affordable price. Definetely a modded Metal DDR pad. And i found from Youtube there were some videos about making homemade DDR pad with cheaper material but sturdy as Arcade. Even there was a Wooden DDR pad, sturdy as Metal DDR pad.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Oh, I imagine a wooden one would be very nice. You could stain it like redwood and put a nice finish on it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic