Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,781 to 41,800 of 96,305

BruceCM

Probably, if you're playing it thoroughly & without too much guidance, @NintendoByNature .... You have enough otherwise to keep you going, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea then i may hold off for a bit. I do have quite a bit to keep me busy for a couple months. On switch alone, i have animal crossing, genesis classics, cosmic star heroine, soon to be trials of mana, and the wonderful 101. So that should at least be til mid June.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Fair enough, @NintendoByNature .... I play other bits & pieces in between a playthrough of a game like that, too, so that tends to make it last longer

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

I found some of my old crafts that I wanted to share with you! I am huge World of Warcraft fan and I made there around 12 years ago.

Some of them are made with plasticine. Others on MS Paint (best painting program ever made!) and 2 of them are done by hand And one is Unfinished It was Undead Warrior.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Pretty interesting to see those earlier models. I can definitely see how you've improved your skills over the years. But it's also the material making a difference. With sculpting clay, you'd probably have been able to get some more detail and sharpness in, but even so, all of the models are good.

As for the drawings: I really like your judgement character. Good drawing and definitely also scoring points on coloring.

But MS Paint being the best? Oh, boy...
I'm not eligible to really comment on that, though, since I'm hardly using the most advanced or recent programs either. In general, I still use Paint Shop Pro 7. It's also what I made my Thanos comic with. I just don't like bloat and the newer programs and their flashy interfaces. The same with Office, for example: I use the 2007 version, because that's the final one that I'm still able to stomach and use (relatively) comfortably. Anything after that, ESPECIALLY Office 365 is complete and utter crap.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX It was just a joke since it is the most basic drawing tool but I really liked it back then.

I still use it for pixel art for my game now.
As for hand drawing I am stuck with Corel Draw and simple Wacom tablet with no display

In the future I really want to invest in Cintiq drawing tablet. I drool every time I see one. I want to become better in drawing fantasy stuff.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, I basically wanted everyone to know I was still wishing them well even though I haven’t had much of a chance to post. I think about you and your fam as well and how you’re balancing everything. I thought LRG ships a couple weeks after digital launch, no big deal though because you know it’s in the bank. Not sure if you saw, but the officially official date is 4/30. We're still in the stone ages on our AC island. We just got our second house expansion, and we’re about to furnish our third house of the first three. I’ve noticed you’ve been playing some FF, but it sounds like you we able to really blast through one.

@ThanosReXXX - Ah, I know exactly what you meant now. Yes, I dislike when I get behind on replies and the conversation is days old or pages deep, and that’s definitely part of the frustration I was expressing. It’s way more fun when life is simple and we’re cracking jokes and discussing pizza. That was a great talking dog by the way.

@NotTelevision - It’s been pretty amazing to all be together like this, in a way, it’s what we’ve always wanted; but it’s just a lot of work. It’s been really interesting to read about different quarantine experiences. I can vouch that the old guy with young kids quarantine is an active, busy one. It’s probably an equal frustration on opposite ends of the spectrum between trying to find time to do everything and trying to find something to fill the time. And yes, I can’t even think about them being old enough to leave the house without getting some dust in my eye, so I’m positive I’ll one day miss even our quarantine days, assuming they end.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea man, thanks. Hope your little ones are somewhat enjoying themselves and staying busy. Yea i saw that release date changed. Im ok with it. Ff7 has kinda taken over my life along with a.c. I'm so close beating ff7 that i put ac to the side. I built a couple bridges, a ramp, and 4 new houses on my island. You gotta see it soon. It's looking good. I'll bring some goodies to your island if you're open this weekend

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, mine are young enough that it seems kind of cool to them that we’re all home together. I could still use that peach. I’m starting a Zoom meeting shortly, we had to bump our thirsty Thursday meeting back a night, but I’ll see if you’re on later. If not, we’ll meet up this weekend.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
@Tyranexx likes to play with boexes

wait
i need to fit in the multiple x letter screen name gang
@ogo79XXXxxx

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras A joke, huh? Duly noted...
As for the drawing tablet: sounds like you've got some money saving to do, then.

@bimmy-lee Glad you liked the video. Between you and @NintendoByNature, I guess that's two for two, then...

As for the frustration part: I definitely understand it, and I've felt it, as described, but we should also understand that it's just a perceived thing, not an actual one. So, it's what the popular boys call FOMO, aka Fear Of Missing Out, which for all intent and purposes should not even be a thing for us older guys, because it's primarily a silly attachment that millennials and younger people suffer from, because of constantly wanting to be in the know, or wanting to belong (specifically in the digital age, with social media. FOMO was not a thing when we were kids). We shouldn't care about all that crap, right?

And yet, strangely enough, we do. So somehow, we've got infected by the FOMO bug as well. Must be all that online business we're participatin' in. It's the devil's work, I tell 'ya...

On a side note: even though I don't have kids of my own, I've had plenty of experience with them, because I have more than enough family and friends with kids, and I've baby-sat (baby-sitted?) plenty of them, so I can still imagine and/or relate to your house full of people. And I can also relate to it being nice in some ways, but not in others. The latter is of course simply because it's a forced gathering, not a chosen one.

So, while it's nice, the underlying reason isn't, and would you have chosen or done this of your own volition, for entirely different reasons, then it would probably be an even more enjoyable experience. But still: enjoy it while you can, because that dust in the eye moment you were talking about will come sooner than you think, seeing as time goes by WAY too fast, even in times and under circumstances like these...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

Now where did I leave that gem-encrusted glove?

Anti-Matter

I started to feel sleepy after playing video games for 9 hours accumulated in one day. 😪
Just now i have played Pokepark 2 Wii and My Sims Kingdom Wii with total gameplay 3 hours and my eyes slowly felt heavy.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter 9 hours is a good effort. Don't sleep yet though. How about some DDR to get a second wind 🕺

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
It's already 11 pm here. 😪
I still have 1 hour to play some light games before sleeping.
Maybe i will play NDS games after this.

Btw, it's already 1 month i didn't play DDR Arcade due to Corona virus pandemic.
I think i will play my DDR PS2 tomorrow at home. Well... with just PS2 stick but my feet moving also while i'm playing by sitting down on the chair.
I need some DDR blind play challenge to keep maintain my memories for 4 DDR songs that i can play without seeing the arrows.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Lucarianzx

I just got Transistor, really loving the art style and the music can't wait to finish the game.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Tasuki

Wow I just realized that yesterday was my 10 year anniversary of signing up here. It doesn't seem like 10 years but now that I think about it. It's been great spending the years here although this site has had its ups and downs and I miss alot of the older people that were here when I first signed up, but still I do enjoy this place alot.

Here's to another 10 years.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, I guess it could have been a case of FOMO, I hadn’t considered that. You’re right, we should have a level of immunity to it since we grew up constantly missing out while reading yesterday’s news. It can get a bit exasperating around here, but it’s probably the best type of quarantine for me. I like structure and routine to my day, and while it’s been a bit messy getting there; we’ve pretty much forged ahead with a new normal. Kids are incredibly adaptable. I think I would really struggle with the other end of the quarantine spectrum where I would need to search for things to fill my time. I’m afraid I’d be giving myself scabby tattoos by day three and weighing the pros and cons of heroin by day four.

Time has become especially hilarious to think about during quarantine. Aside from my general confusion about the day and date, time feels simultaneously as though it’s crawling and passing by at warp speed. Every day feels like a week, but every week feels like a day. Maybe I need to stop thinking about it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic