Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,741 to 41,760 of 96,562

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision I noticed that typo but refrained from saying (erm, typing) anything at the time. Suffice it to say that it elicited a chuckle.

@ThanosReXXX You're reminding me of a scene from Look Who's Talking with the biological clock blurb.

I think working from home vs. in the office has temporarily changed how I perceive my week days a little bit. Sure, I still don't look forward to Mondays, but I think the two day break makes it easier for me to sink into things. Even more so that I have less coworker distractions when I'm at home. It's (usually) easier to focus. The only true negative is that I'm surrounded by more things I'd rather be doing....

Yep, musical and online interpretations for some terms I used to think blameless and innocent has really messed with my head sometimes. I'm now mildly tempted to link a certain Black Eyed Peas song, but I'll refrain from doing so to keep the thread at least somewhat SFW.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee The video Anti posted is the best part of that scene, though there are a few barn shenanigans before that. Both movies are enjoyable IMO. There are some notable differences between the two versions, but Cruella is equally unlikeable in both. Glenn Close did a pretty good job on the film. I also didn't realize this until years later, but the guy who plays Horace is the same one who plays Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter films.

I can't say why there's such a gap between the two. I do recall reading some of the changes in the live action film (such as Roger's occupation as a video game designer) were to make it appeal to a modern audience.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, luckily, I speak fluent "Black-Eyed Peasian" so I think I can safely assume which song that would have been. A rather innocent sentence in there would be "spending all your money on me", or something along those lines, if I remember correctly...

As for working from home vs the office: the Monday impact has always been lesser for me at home, because part of my personal annoyance with it, besides the whole needing to get out of my "weekend modus", is the having to get out of bed early and having to go out to the office, whereas at home, you can stay in bed for almost an hour longer, and you take your first cup of coffee in the comfort of your own home, instead of in the office canteen or kitchen. Or hallway, if you're unlucky...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter where did you buy the 4 PS3 games you put up earlier. give us a shout when you wake up.

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I bought Two PS3 games and Two PS2 games. Look again my previous post.
They are :
1. Sonic Generations PS3 USA
2. The Sins 3 PS3 Asia
3. Guitar Freaks & drummania V2 PS2 Japan
4. Ratchet Deadlocked PS2 USA

I bought them from Tokopedia, online shopping website that only available in Indonesia. Only accept Rupiah currency and cannot deliver to other country since the delivery is just only around Indonesia.

The games i bought were very cheap due to used condition (Except DrumMania V2 surprisingly it was a Like New condition when i got the game) so i bought 4 old games.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Your musical assumption is correct. I didn't fully understand the implications of that one when it first came out....I was young and thankfully pretty innocent then.

Work definitely is less of a hassle at home in many ways. Besides not needing to get up as early (though my normal commute isn't bad by any means), I also feel like I need to rush around less and only need to make myself not look like the living dead for the daily Zoom meeting. Definitely less maintenance for all of us. Our dress code is fairly casual compared to some settings, but I'm able to get away with tshirts at home. Some previously clean-shaven dudes on the team are giving facial hair a try for the time being. It's quite humorous. XD Some have beards already, but it's a bit different when you aren't used to some people having them.

Edited on by Tyranexx

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 We aim to please...

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Why do you want to know, and why are you asking me? I'm an American living in Amsterdam, doesn't mean that I have anything to do with any other cities in the Netherlands. And besides, if you're able to spell a city's name correctly, then you're also able to Google it, so don't ask others what you can easily find for yourself...

@Tyranexx Haha, yeah, I can imagine. Honestly, now that I don't have to get out too much either, or rather: now that I'm more or less forced to stay indoors more, I also don't really feel a lot of incentive to shave.
I still do every now and then, because I'm not really a beard guy, but not as much as I'd normally do.

As for the Black-eyed Peas song: I think it's pretty harmless, so I'd personally have no qualms about posting it here.

@ogo79 Aim to PLEASE, not please to AIM...
On a side note: don't you go overtaxing yourself by posting too much now. We wouldn't want you to get some kind of post-traumatic stress symptoms...

Here, have another scare video. All this talk with Tyranexx about beards inspired me to dig this classic up:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

reporterdavid

@Ninfan Eindhoven.... that's a "eind hiervandaan"... its in North-Brabant.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX I clicked on that video to watch it, then saw it was 10 minutes long. Not gonna happen. How have they possibly filled 10 minutes in an entertaining fashion when it could probably be edited down to 15 seconds and be most effective? 😴😤😜

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX I thought you said you're from holland. and google is not always correct.

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit What? You don't like videos about people scaring the crap out of their kids? And what's 10 minutes in a lifetime? Much less 10 minutes under a Covid-19 lock down. You should have all the time in the world...

On a side note: so, did my Turbografx-16 top 10 list already make you see the light, or what?

@Ninfan As I've mentioned DOZENS of time before: I do LIVE in Holland, but I'm not originally FROM Holland. And if you know the name of the city, then you surely must also know a little more about it, or there must be some specific reason why you want to know about it.

But Google not always being right? You've got to be kidding me...
Topography is most definitely NOT one of the things that Google sucks at. If you criticize it, at least have the decency to know what you're talking about. Sure, Google is not perfect, but it's more than fine for every day things, such as finding places on this Earth, which Google uses established services and devices for, you know, things like satellites and all that...

But I feel like Google isn't always right is kind of like one of your standard replies, because I've seen you use it before, whenever you asked me or someone else a question. It's pretty odd that you would sooner trust an anonymous person on a forum to give you an answer to one of your many strange questions before you would trust an established service that exists for the SOLE purpose of seeking and finding out things... (shakes head in disbelief)

No offense, but that's just beyond weird, to be honest.

Tyranexx

I think I'm gonna take a light hiatus from the interwebs for a couple of days. No real reason, just gonna disconnect into my own bubble for a little while. You might notice me online with my Switch sometimes, but I'm playing my 3DS more for the time being thanks to Fire Emblem.

@ThanosReXXX I can totally get not wanting to take the time to do something as often (ex. Shaving) if there isn't much point to it anyway. It's not like a lot of people are constantly going places these days. I don't really care if guys shave or not - it's their face, they can do what they want - just that it's a bit different to see those who are normally clean-shaven look a bit scruffy.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I haven't been as vocal myself on the threads lately other than FF thread when I need advice. Stay safe, have fun, and don't go into a whirlwind on spending money on game sales 😉

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Just want to say, enjoy your break and have fun playing Fire Emblem.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

HobbitGamer

I’m pretty satisfied with my new Google Nest WiFi setup. And 12 smart devices connected via Google Home.
It hasn’t been wrong yet.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Google will give you a result based on what words you typed.
You will get different result or nothing if you typed a typo.
Blame to yourself for not checking the spelling.
And why did you ask about ThanosReXXX nationality ?
Did it really matter for you for a sake of curiosity ?

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic