Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,701 to 41,720 of 43,669

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX SteamWorld Quest is the only Image & Form SteamWorld game I haven't played, unless you count that little known tower defense game that was available in the DSiWare days. I don't care for tower defense games, so I'd probably give that one a skip even if it was still available.

I really enjoyed both SteamWorld Dig games and SteamWorld Heist. It's telling when I own two copies of the original SteamWorld Dig how much I enjoyed it; I have a digital 3DS copy and a physical Wii U copy as part of the SteamWorld Collection.

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Trajan

Persona 5 Royal phantom thieves edition is the nicest collectors edition I have seen. Even the box is very high quality.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, I'd join you for an archeological visit any time of the year. For the Pope, not so much. I'm a non-believer, so he doesn't mean anything to me, other than him representing a number of yearly returning ceremonies. No disrespect meant, obviously, but that's just how I look at it.

However, I would LOVE to freely walk around in Vatican city, especially if it would ever be possible to visit their secret dungeons and storage rooms, because I do love art and history, and I'm pretty sure there's plenty to see there.

@Tyranexx I haven't played Quest yet, but it didn't really grab me as much as the others did, but I guess that I'll eventually end up getting it anyway, if only to complete the SteamWorld collection, and to support the developers for giving us such enjoyable games.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Oh don't be sorry. I am hardcore atheist. I mean really hardcore. But I admire the architectural wonders of the religious buildings. As for the Pope he is just an interesting, let's call it, celebrity. Nothing more. I only heard good things about him and I don't even know if they are true. I want to be able to say "Hey, I have seen the Pope!"

I was at the Vatican museum but I really want to go in the Vatican grotto where the Pope catacombs are. And in the necropolis under St. Peter Basilica. And I promised to myself that one day I will visit the Capucin Catacombs in Palermo. If you don't know about that just google it. It is extremely creepy face to face with Death itself Many cool stories (mummies) are stored there.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

HobbitGamer

I moved some stuff around in the library room and managed to carve out desk space in front of the window. Got a tv and wireless keyboard mouse combo hooked up to the laptop, and snagged a $160 office chair on sale for $60 with OfficeMax curb pickup. I think I’m all set now. Just in time for the day to be over

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, the only good things I've heard about him over here, is that he's a more moderate and/or modern Pope, getting along better within our current society, and not convicting and condemning everything that is supposedly against the will of God or the writings in the Bible.

On a related side note, here's a fun fact: last year, I did watch the series "The Young Pope", but more because it starred Jude Law, and I usually enjoy his performances, so I figured I'd give it a watch. But even though I saw the complete series, I still have no idea what I watched or what it was really about, because other than some small things that got resolved and/or explained, the entire show was full of stuff that I couldn't make heads or tails of, so it was a pretty confounding and confusing experience.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Oh, and as for those catacombs in Palermo: I've already been to the catacombs in Paris, so if it's more or less like that, then I wouldn't be all that interested. And in Paris, there's probably more famous/historic people buried in the catacombs anyway, making it the more worthwhile of the two, in my opinion.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Oh no it is not like that. The whole walls are covered in complete dressed corpses. There are corridors specifically for people of the same profession like doctors, lawyers etc. Even infants. People used to give their deceased to those catacombs because it was special for them. And their mummifying process is very interesting and long. I have not seen other place like that. Very morbid and disturbing. The last mummy to accept was of a 2 year old girl in 1922 that is preserved so good that people call it The Sleeping Beauty because you will not even know it is dead.

Sorry I got carried away

Zuljaras

NintendoByNature

@hobbitgamer @bimmy-Lee I cannot find any nuggets. I usually just get clay or stone. Take everything I own. My trees, my fish, my fruits but for the love of Pete, bring me iron nuggets lol. Seriously though i hear that's the only way to get the ladder is by opening nooks cranny. And all i have left is iron nuggets. I have like 7 or 8

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I got like 80, dood. I'll toss a stack.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer later tonight swing by. The only thing i have an abundant amount of is apples until maybe tomorrow when coconut and orange comes in..and since I've made you a BF you can tske whatever you want from my island

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature That’s perfect!! I have no apples. Orange, Pear, Cherry, coconut. But no apples. And whatever the other is. I just keep seeing orange trees. Is it peaches? I hope it is. Then I’ll have nothing but peach trees, in typical Georgia fashion.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer dude you can take a ton if you need em. My whole island is or was filled with them. I recently shook most of my trees down and stored Apple's but I'll put a bunch by the dock for you tonight when we're on.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I figured I'd put in for a SteamWorld Quest code and give it a try. I like RPGs and the SteamWorld universe, so it's only a matter of time before I end up getting the game in some form anyway. XD I'm admittedly not entirely sold on how some of the combat will work using cards, but some of that could be from bittersweet memories of Paper Mario: Color Splash; overall I enjoyed that game, but the battle system wasn't very appealing for me outside of the first couple of hours.

@Zuljaras I'd like to go to many of those places: Vatican City (mainly just to say I've been, plus I also appreciate some decent architecture), various catacombs (I like the macabre, though unlike some I have a large respect for places like that), the Colosseum....

I have got to get over to Europe at some point before I reach retirement age. Darn oceans and travel fees....

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, after I replied to you, I looked it up, and it is indeed different. I also remembered that girl, because I've read about it a couple of years back. I just didn't remember that it was in Palermo. Either way, besides that girl, which is actually both fascinating and creepy at the same time, I'd still prefer the historical figures in the Parisian catacombs. Matter of personal taste, I suppose. That and not really looking to add to my list of "catacomb visits"...

P.S.

If you find that fascinating, then you might just want to read this article as well...

@Tyranexx Ah, yes... Paper Mario: Color Splash, yet another one of those highly divisive games. It can light up a comments section just like Pokémon, physical vs digital, in-game censorship and that other recently so divisive game that I've probably intentionally forgot about...

It's still on my "to buy" list for the Wii U , but not very high on the list, so here's hoping it isn't becoming rare any time soon.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Well it's not as though I think we're in that depression yet. And I do remember the stories my grandmother told me so I know we're no where near that level. But from what I am reading we could be looking at that in the coming months. We're already seeing numbers of layoffs that are some of the worst seen in decades and that damage will ripple outward. We live in a consumer driven economy, no matter what the elite think, trickle down is nonsense. What drives our economy is consumer spending. Which is rapidly tanking. As people are laid off and have less and less money to spend that creates less and less demand for goods and services which in turn leads to more lay offs and cut backs... And governments like the US just handing everyone a check for 1200 bucks isn't going to do much. People who lost their jobs aren't going to go out and spend that money on goods and services, they'll pay their rent and maybe, if there's any left, buy groceries for a week, maybe two, and that's it. I've seen a variety of numbers but it seems as much as 40% of America lives paycheck to paycheck - maybe in an extreme situation they can hold out a couple weeks, maybe a month with that 1200 dollars. Then what?

That's what's got me scared. I am scared that this disaster is only starting with the virus (which is bad enough!) and I have no idea what the future holds - no idea what my situation will be in even 5 months. Forget 5 years! The current circumstances have shredded every plan I had made over the last 5 years.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - That’s a great idea to dust off the old balance board. I may do the same. If enough people pick it back up during the lockdown, maybe we’ll get a sequel in the form of a Labo Kit. Or we could just stand on the Switch with joy cons in hand. I’m with you on the arcade experiences. I usually have two or three arcade style games going that I can just jump right into when I don’t feel like playing my main game. I’ve gotten a ton of mileage out of simple games like Gungeon, Graceful Explosion Machine, Downwell, Ape Out, ACA titles, etc. I’m probably a crazy person, but Switch has my favorite retro lineup yet of any Nintendo console with all the arcade ports.

@HobbitGamer @NintendoByNature - I should be on in the next 30ish minutes. I’ll check if you guys are playing and open my gates. I have cherries. I have orange and palm trees too, but they don’t have fruit right now. Let me know if you guys need anything else. I’ll see how many iron nuggets I have. I had a good amount, but the iron dresser was the hot item at the shop yesterday, and I burned through a lot of them.

Edit - I could just bring you guys whole trees if you need oranges or coconuts.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@hobbitgamer @bimmy-lee i should be on within the hour. Meeting at bimmys then. I'll bring both of you guys plenty of apples. 5-6 for each of you. I wouldn't mind a cherry or two, and some iron nuggs. All I really have to offer you two is lots and lots of Apple's and weeds.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Awesome, I need apples. Just one though, I’ll have an orchard in no time.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic