Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,261 to 40,280 of 96,530

bimmy-lee

@1UP_MARIO - There’s worse things you could be caught waving around at two in the morning.

@NintendoByNature - Definitely. I’m not sure who all has the game, and time zones may get in the way for some, but the more the merrier. I would enjoy Smashing anyone here.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee That sounds really cool. I liked Twilight Princess and that one has less respect in some circles, so I’m sure I’ll like it. Cool dungeons and subweapons! Sign me up for some of that.

Wish I could get in on some Smash action, but I loaned the game to a friend to play around with. He seems more involved with it than I am currently, so I’ll let him keep it for a while.

Looking forward to doing some Animal Crossing online though, so let me know if you get that one eventually.

I didn’t realize how much this site doubles as a friend code exchange hub. There are some users in the other forums slurping down Switch codes like vampires at a blood bank. 😂 I guess the New Horizon extravaganza hasn’t even begun yet.

NotTelevision

WoomyNNYes

OMG. I just realized why my clocks were an hour off from my phone! S*****************!!!!!!
Yeah, evening sun!!! 🌞☀☀☀☀😎
(daylight savings in the US.)

Now that coronavirus in the Philly and DC area, the latest game I play is, don't touch my face, nose, eyes when I'm out grocery shopping, or out in general.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Ah, I see. Bring the Giant Wallet. Gotcha.

@bimmy-lee It mainly depends on how invested I am into something. XD I'm pretty good about remembering to take breaks, but there have been times where I've had to set alarms. Last night with Ori would be an example. I only intended to play for about an hour, but it was accidentally closer to two.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature @bimmy-lee I beat Goosebumps, so was finally able to get at least one game out of the bucket. Pretty good, happy I nabbed it for a fiver. Finished taxes, that was nice. I’m doing a bit of cleaning and aimless gaming the rest of the evening, but maybe we could hammer out a Smash hour for next weekend or something? I’m Eastern time

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Peoples always have different perception about video games.
The games that being told great by someone might be not good for people like me.
The games that being told mediocre or underscore by someone might be an interesting game for people like me.
The examples i can give to you like these 2 games.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild that given with outstanding review by majority gamers was not really appealing for me despite i have owned the game 3 years ago and i left the game for not being played very long time.

Meanwhile, most peoples critized about Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for being very mediocre game due to Amiibo using mandatory and also being a spinoff that didn't maximize the potential of Party games. But for some reasons, i saw a different potential from Amiibo Festival and thus i have considered the game to be played. Also, i have discovered an unique way to play Amiibo Festival by using 4 Amiibo and whoever win from the Board games will boost the amount of Happy ticket i will get so nobody was a loser.

Back to the topic when i was questioning about Sonic Boom Wii U, i was really uncertain with the game after i heard some negative reviews that probably the game itself not as mediocre as peoples thought. But after i have watched some gameplay videos from Youtube, i saw something a little bit appealing. I was unsure to consider the game very quickly, perhaps some opinions from peoples here might help me to get the verdict.

By the way, i will make sure if my decision to consider Sonic Boom for Wii U is a right choice.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Man, all the power to you. Enjoy the games you like and don't let others tell you not to.

But sometimes it really seems like you pick games other people don't enjoy - because they aren't popular.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Good to hear. I suspected as much, but always glad to actually get confirmation of the people themselves, that they are able to take a friendly poke/jab/leg pull. I'm not really good at dealing with and/or having the patience for the over-sensitives aka "I am insulted" crowd of today. I like people to have some resilience, and they can expect the same from me. When we get to the point that we can't even have a bit of fun anymore at each other's expense, without someone getting upset about it, then that's probably the day that I'll quit the internet for good.

I suppose that's why I keep hanging around in this thread, because it's still occupied with plenty of good people, some of which I could imagine even having a good time with sharing a meal or a drink or two in real life.

@bimmy-lee Well, then we were on the right track, then. Real stories embellished with some bolstered extras. That does now make me see both the American Pie movies and the aforementioned game in somewhat of a new light...

As for my time in the army: there's no mandatory army draft anymore, but back in the day when I was 18, a 16 month service (minimum) was indeed mandatory. Nowadays, all military departments consist of professionals and/or volunteers.

So, it sounds like the game room/barcade is off the table, then? A shame, if true. I was already looking forward to the future photo report...

Oh, and sorry to disappoint you and @NintendoByNature, but I don't play Smash Bros. Not really a fan of it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX well there goes that plan 😛
@hobbitgamer forgot to ask. How was goosebumps? Good for the kids I assume? I've been eyeing it every time it's on sale but never pull the trigger. Probably not with $20 but worth $5 you'd say?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Let me start off by saying that you should not see this comment as aggressive and/or negative. It's meant as constructive criticism, in hopes of getting through to you.

Many of us have tried numerous times to tell you or explain to you how things work in the real world, as in the one we are all living in: I don't know if it's the shortage in your English vocabulary, or a highly restrictive mind set, or a bit of both, and I expect that this is the case. You see, it has nothing to do with "perception" of games.

A good game is a good game, regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks of it. That is a universal truth that CANNOT be denied by ANYONE. If a game gets multiple rewards and high grades from international juries and media, it's a good game. If a game wins prizes at events, it's a good game, and if a game get labeled "Game of the Year", it's a good game, PERIOD.

What you're always talking about, and are mistaking for perception or any other word you're mistakenly using, is actually your personal opinion and taste. Only those two things. You need to get that into your head and understand that, because it's exactly this whole going around in circles about all this that's getting under some people's skin.

Now don't get me wrong, and this is ALSO something that I've told you MULTIPLE times, it's okay to have your own taste and opinions, and you should definitely play the games you like, and not care too much about what others make of it, but that DOESN'T mean that you always have to comment negatively on other people's preferences in games, or to spam us with these games, because most of us don't play or care for kiddy games.

And another thing: you also don't have to post unnecessary comments in the Xbox thread, which is something I also don't understand and which is highly annoying. And what's even more annoying is that you keep asking the same questions about the same games every time. Don't like something? Don't play it, don't complain about it, and let people that do enjoy it have their place to talk about the thing they like without being disturbed by someone who can only say negative things about it, and doesn't even own the console.

What you're doing, is the same as people that don't like pizza, going to a pizza restaurant to complain about the food, which is equally stupid. In short: show respect, and you'll get respect. It's a two-way street. I am actually quite surprised that you still haven't learned this by now, which also makes me wonder right now, why I'm even bothering, AGAIN, to try and make you understand this.

When you're not spamming threads, you're actually an okay guy, and you're a creative person, so there's hope for you yet, but you have GOT to learn about this, otherwise you'll always find yourself having a hard time in communicating with people, both online and in real life, which is not something anyone would or should want.

Oh, by the way: that bicycle game that you posted a photo and video from, cannot be played with a normal controller. You need the exercise bike controller that came with it, and those are REALLY rare and expensive by now, so good luck finding one of those.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

Ugh. I accomplished a lot of my yardwork today (rosebush pruning, minor dressing of other trees, mower maintenance/testing), but that fallen tree towards the back of my property that was pushed over in floodwaters is giving me fits since it's still living. It's about the size of a large grapefruit at its widest where I'd like it to be cut down to; I'd estimate its original height at about twenty feet. I either need to borrow a less dull saw or a decent hatchet. For some reason, my bro didn't trust me with the requested chainsaw. 🤔

I'm going to leave the stump as some of it is still helping to hold the creek bank together, plus I'm hoping the tree will realign itself and start growing straight up as it should.

@ThanosReXXX Somebody went through an avatar change, it seems. For some reason, it seems pretty suitable.

I wouldn't call myself overly sensitive - there was a time in my life where I was considered to be, though past experiences are largely responsible for that - and can take a joke unless it's in REALLY poor taste. But that's fairly hard to pull off on me lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx You can thank @Eel for that. He thought that my previous, and also just recently changed avatar picture, looked like "a monkey with yellow hair and half a forehead", so I decided to change it again to this one. Lucky for Eel that I'm not ACTUALLY Thanos, otherwise he'd be staring at the wrong end of an Infinity Gauntlet by now...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Monkeido

@ThanosReXXX I respect you for trying and the amount of effort you put into your post, even though I'm afraid you're speaking to "dovemans oren" (deafman's ears, for anyone wondering). ^^'

Monkeido

Eel

@ThanosReXXX ok now that's clearly a rare picture of Thanos from when he tried being a model for toothpaste commercials.

Sadly it didn't work out for the company.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Monkeido Yeah, I guess. I thought I'd just give it one last try. If it doesn't get through now, I'm going to suspect other causes, or rather: a severe lack of certain faculties...

@Eel Aw, man!!

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Sounds good, I’ll figure somethin. Y’all are MT or CT?

Goosebumps was pretty good! It’s definitely one that you’d have to help the kiddos with, because there are about 50 items or more than you can grab to use later, and maybe half are actually used. It’s very much a Monkey Island kind of puzzler with the item/scenery interactions. The “game over” events are quite forgiving, allowing you to retry almost immediately prior to whatever you did wrong. And for readers of the old books, it’s very nostalgic and puzzles can make a lot of sense. There were two parts I had to look up, because they were the type of go left-right-up kind of things, and I couldn’t figure a rhyme or reason. I’d certainly recommend putting it on the wishlist and waiting for a good sale.

Just did some Yooka Laylee 1 and as much as I enjoy it, it’s equally annoying. The swamp level (and ice level, actually) seems way too large for what it contains. But I guess it’s okay in small bursts. I may power through the telltale Batman games this week.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

So since schools are closed here only for students, us staff have been digging around for stuff to do - or just doing the usual maintenance we would have done during spring break, early. One of the things we do - every spring - is paint. See, cleaning all the grime and penis drawings off the walls (because for some reason that's a thing that makes jr. high school kids giggle no matter what country you're in) is annoying, so we just paint over everything. Every single year. Which means at this point there about 30+ layers of paint on the wall. Possibly as many as 50 or more layers.

It has me wondering how much paint before it starts being a problem. I feel like eventually it would.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer I'm central and so is tyra but I'm sure bimmy is eastern..and I used to dip in and out of the books but watched all the shows. Definitely love the series so i will pick it up next sale.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I've been thinking about switching my own avatar again, but it's not high priority right now. Maybe on the two hour round trip I'll be sitting in on next weekend. I'm carpooling with my family to a wedding of a family friend.

"A monkey with yellow hair and half a forehead" huh? XD I suppose the previous one did mildly resemble that....

@NintendoByNature Time zones in Indiana must be interesting. Most of the state is on Eastern time except for a few counties in the southwestern part and the general vicinity of Gary. I've heard that, historically, it used to be weirder.

@Heavyarms55 It'd be interesting to see a wall cutout of all the layers of paint, depending on how thick it really is.

I do find it amusing (though not very surprising) that certain phallic drawings seem to transcend certain regions of the world, no matter the language. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic