Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,161 to 40,180 of 96,511

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature By the way: if you're a stickler for a chronological order of things, then you should start with video 5 in that play list and watch the first one as the fifth in the series. I've no idea why they're arranged as they are, but it's wrong. I only just noticed because I started watching them. Otherwise, if you just watch them in the order that they're presented in, you might raise the odd eyebrow at the statement in that fifth video, which explicitly mentions it being the first video in the series of Wii hidden gems...

EDIT:
Turns out, videos 2 and 4 also need to be swapped around to see all videos in the right order.
So, in short, the correct chronological order of these videos is 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 6.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Ah, so that's probably just because they're soft, then. I wondered if they were hollow because quite a few of them seem to have circles within circles, but I guess that's just the side where they're squished against the sides of the bottle, creating that visual illusion of them being hollow. Well, for me at least...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@NintendoByNature

EDIT:
Turns out, videos 2 and 4 also need to be swapped around to see all videos in the right order.
So, in short, the correct chronological order of these videos is 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 6.

Lol got it. I'll give it a good look later. I'll also send you a list of my current Wii games. Like i said a while back, I didn't give the Wii a ton of credit. Back then i was mostly playing Madden, MLB, NBA or fps. I would occasionally stray for big assassin's creed or God of war releases, but that's about it. The Wii didn't have many games i was interested in believe it or not other than Mario games or party games. You'll see what i mean. Aside from madworld and metroid OM, it'll be games i bought a decade ago.

Edit: here's the list...
New super Mario bros
Wario land shake it
Mlb2k9
Re:umbrella chronicles
Little league world series 08
House of the dead 2 and 3
Metroid OM
Just Dance
Smack down vs raw 09
Hooked fishing
Game party
Wii sports
Just Dance 2
Twilight Princess
Madworld

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@Eel Huh, sounds/looks like something they used to sell for plants for plants so you didn't have to water them all the time. Back in the 80s or early 90s. Now they've reinvented the long forgotten product as a brand new toy.... Supermarkets had them in the floral aisle back then.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

I got a little time in with my son on his LM3 file this afternoon. He’s been playing since launch, and has just over a half hour in. We just got the special bulb that shows secrets and releases things from paintings, but he lost interest on the way back to free E. Gadd. So that’s where we’ll pick up sometime late spring, early summer. We’d probably be a bit further along if we didn’t have to wipe the save file so he could watch the intro multiple times.

@ThanosReXXX - Late reply here, but the game you linked reminds me exactly if my screwball high school and college years! Seems like as good a reason as any to own a really nice monitor, capable of displaying the game’s highest settings.

@Tyranexx - So how do you like your gaming chair? What’s your set up, are you at a desk with a monitor/tv when docked? I sit in a rocking chair in front of the TV when docked, and either at the dining room table or the chaise part of the couch next to a big Lava Lamp for handheld.

@Anti-Matter - They both look good, but I like Hector a little more. I like villains, and Hector looks a little more like a villain. He has cool facial hair and possibly a tattoo. I like his colors a little more too, especially the red/yellow combo. Joe looks like he would have an awesome special punch maneuver in a fighting game though, like maybe a Grand Upper.

@HobbitGamer - I took a poop to the hand last summer at the park while taking a picture of a flower. My kids were so thrilled by the whole thing that they both remember the spot where it happened and bring it up every time we walk by so they can re live the glory of it.

@Eel - Cool idea for a lamp. I’m pretty sure I have quite a few strands of those same LED fairy lights. Are they on a soft, rubber cord with a white control box? I can’t remember the brand, but they came in a red box. They’re amazing lights actually. I have them for my Christmas trees. Pink, light blue, red, clear, and I got a multi colored strand last year, which are outrageous.

@NintendoByNature - Ugh, I hate to even do it, but you and the kiddos would have a blast with Boom Blox Bash Party on Wii. Throw it on a list or something.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

@bimmy-lee yeah it’s a wire with little bumps for the leds and a little battery box. For things like this you just need to be sure it’s water safe.

@NEStalgia Orbeez is just a name brand, they do actually still sell these under different names and with different targets.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@Eel - Mine plug into an outlet, so it’s a slightly different style, but I’m guessing they’re the same brand you’re using because they’re so similar. The control box on mine allows me to cycle through different light settings, from always on, flashing, fade, etc. They make nice Christmas tree lights.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee sounds fun, my man( LM3 with the boy). I still need to get back into Pokemon with my daughter. Think we're 7 hours in.
@hobbitgamer I'll check that out too.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@Eel You gave me an idea for a birthday present for a crafty friend.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

@HobbitGamer they also sell fairy lights where the battery box is shaped like a wine bottle cork, so you can get one of those and use a nice wine bottle to make a cooler looking one.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Pretty decent list (although personally, I'm not really partial to Just Dance games), but a modest one as well. Is that all you have left or all you ever bought? Either way, I've watched all the videos, and far as I can tell, nearly all of my own recommendations are in there, so that leaves me with having to rummage through my Wii's hard drive to see what else I've got on there that wasn't mentioned in those videos. And I don't know if you got one of the original Wii's, which would mean that we could also add the GameCube library to the mix.

@bimmy-lee Nail on the head there, because that's exactly what it is: putting you in the leading role of your own screwball comedy, with a little adult entertainment added into the mix. Your soon to be best friend in the game is pretty much a carbon copy of the Stiffler character from the American Pie movies.

But that's not a bad thing, because the comedy is actually funny and compared to many of its 18+ peers, this game is actually surprisingly engaging and deep, and dare I say it, even moving at some points. And it has quite a few mini games that actually challenge your brain, because seeing as it takes place in high school, you actually need to follow classes every in-game day, so you could do far worse than playing this one, especially at that price.

I've now finished it, but I haven't 100-percented it, because the game constantly offers up multiple choices and branching paths, so at the very least, you could play through it three times, to see what else will happen if you make other choices. And this is season 1, the developer is already hard at work to create a season 2 DLC pack, which should be available later this year, to continue the story from where it's left off at the end of season 1.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yep that's all I bought, aside from a handful of vc titles which i transferred to Wii u. I got quite the collection of GameCube titles along with my GameCube still functioning great. I'll need to get that list over to you as well one day. But that's burried in my closest and possibly some in the garage too.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Unless your GameCube collection is 200+ titles, mine is bigger than yours, and I'll probably own most of what you also have, save for the wrestling titles, seeing as I was never all that interested in those.

@bimmy-lee Forgot to add that what also attracted me to the game, besides the obvious, is that since I left the States when I was so young, I never got to live the college years, something which they don't really have a similar replacement for over here. I mean, they do have student campuses in some areas, but it's nothing like the American system, so perhaps weirdly, I'm always attracted to topics like that in all kinds of media, whether that be movies, books or games. It's a bit like trying to fill the gaps of what would have been my American life had I stayed, if that makes any sense.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX Lord! 200 titles! Yea im not close to That, maybe 30 titles on my end. I was also 14-15 yr old when i bought it. Not much money to spend during those days lol.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Haha, well I actually don't have 200 titles yet, but almost: 198, so that's why I said you needed to have 200 or more to have a larger collection. And I can relate to not having that much money.
I had the same problem during the Commodore Amiga days, when all I had was the allowance/pocket money that my parents gave me, but by the time I had my GameCube, I was already working, but still living with my parents, so I had all the money I needed to dedicate to gaming and other hobbies.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea It feels good to finally be able to buy your own stuff. The cube was the first console I ever purchased on my own. So it holds a special place for me. The switch for sure is my largest collection even though it's the newest console I own. Most of that is due to digital purchases though which are smaller in dollar amounts. I haven't counted it yet, but if i had to guess I have to be close to 75. That'll be my next project 😉. Checking to see how many physical and digital switch games I own. Question is, do you count collections as 1 Game, or the amount in the collection?

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I used to have a pretty varied collection across 2600, NES, SNES, Genesis+32x+CD, Saturn, Dreamcast,N64. But it started to feel overwhelming and hoarding habits run in my family (that’s how they found granny). So I consolidated down to just two active consoles. And it’s alright. Can’t miss what I wasn’t using anyway. Plus since I can remember things well, I typically don’t replay many things.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic