Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,141 to 40,160 of 96,524

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Orbeez are basically those ‘do not eat’ packets from jerky bags. But colors!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Hopefully a less toxic version of the incredibly toxic silica gels. (The paks are safe in food in the gauze wrapping, but not if the wrapping tears.)

But...then why do they have all kinds of food themed orbeez products. Parfaits! Cupcakes! That's....awkward.

I mean, I suppose Play-Doh had food themed Play-Doh kits. But somehow that was different. It never seemed quite so edible.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I’m the age of tide pods, non-edible doesn’t really mean anything anymore

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature And now that we're on the topic of underrated games and/or hidden gems on the Wii again, you might want to take a look at this play list here as well, which has six videos which pretty much names all of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dprF4po_Lig&list=PLtUjbS5...

EDIT:
And to complete that video list, let's just add this one as well:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

After 4 days of clouds and rain, I get up from my desk to go outside and enjoy the bright sunshine a moment. Seizing the moment, an unseen bird poops on my hand.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, you could just let one of these Tide-pod eating kids spit in your hand, add some water and hey, presto! Clean hands...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Good thing you added that double i at the end of that rather weird word...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX thanks for the insight! I'll give em a look today for sure. Really trying to build up my library on my older consoles.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I know what it is, I was just messing with 'ya.

@Eel But what are they made of and ARE they edible or not? Now I've become curious as well...

@NintendoByNature You're very welcome. Enjoy the videos. I'm curious to find out how many games that you previously didn't know about, you will come across in those videos, so be sure to let me know. I'm going to give them another watch tonight as well, because it's been quite a few years since I first watched them myself, so I'm going to check if all of my own recommendations are in there as well, and if not, I'll also add some of my personal favorite gems.

Eel

It’s some sort of polymer. Not edible, not toxic but not edible.

You don’t want little orbs expanding in your gut do you.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel So, what is their use? Purely useless entertainment, or does it also come with some kind of game/gameplay purpose?

Eel

They’re mostly decorative. You can also use them as substitute for direct water in flower vases, and for plants with water roots.

I personally keep a small glass bottle filled with transparent orbeez and a string of fairy lights going through them hanging next to my bed, I use it as a lamp.

I guess you can also add a bunch to a balloon, fill it with water, and make a stress ball.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Hm, okay. Useless entertainment, then.
And do they shrink back down again, if you deprive them of water, or are they a one-use item?

I'm also kind of curious about that lamp now. Got a picture?

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Thanks for obliging, actually looks pretty cool. Kind of has an alien vibe to it, in my opinion. Different colors would have made it even cooler.

I also see they're actually hollow, or is that just my impaired vision? The one on the bottom on the right seems to have some kind of skull face on it, but that definitely IS just a bit of mind trickery...

Eel

They're not hollow, you're probably just looking at the ones squished up against the glass.

I considered adding colored ones, but I figured clear would be more functional for a light source.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic