Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,941 to 39,960 of 96,571

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Both my bathroom and bedroom are painted a nice sky blue. I use dark blues for my blackout curtains and comforter. Until the see-through map curtain, I also went with darker blues/tropical fish type patterns. With the sky blue of my bathroom, it fills in the "ocean" aspect of my world map shower curtain. XD

My office is painted a light Easter egg purple. The rest of the house currently has tones of white and off-white. If I ever have any mini Tyranexxes, I'll likely have to both change and get more creative with some of my color schemes.

@Heavyarms55 I recall the need to ask permission/broadcast to the rest of the house that I was going online. I can still hear the tone in my head....I'd often read or at least do something while waiting on it.

Yep, I've resigned myself to my dad's fate by this point. In some ways, maybe it's better to not be so tech-savvy....

@NEStalgia Obviously. We know she can belt out great musical numbers, albeit ones that have likely driven parental units insane after a certain point.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 the commercial tapes were built a bit more robust, but they did have limited usage, and stores sold them off cheap regularly. There may have been a repurchase clause from the distributors. They paid hundreds per tape as a rental licensing fee. It's very possible that included fresh copies or fixed minimal replacement costs pro rated over time. They certainly weren't rebuying full price and making no profit.

I wasnt paying much attention. I just bee lined for the Nintendo section of the store..........

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I was too young at the time to really care. I just knew that my own tapes would start to wear out after many uses and, thinking back on it, it surprises me that companies managed to be profitable using rentals which were probably viewed hundreds of times. Then again, it shouldn't surprise me that commercial grade higher quality tapes existed.

@Tyranexx That was actually never an issue in my house. At that point, in the 90s when we got AOL for the first time, my father was raking in extra cash working overtime at Ford Motor, so he actually got a separate phone line just for AOL. lol

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

Recently, Earth has two Moons.
But the second moon was temporarily orbiting the Earth.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I heard about that. It's not really a moon since it's too small and not in a permanent orbit, but it's interesting nonetheless. One of my favorite sci-fi/fantasy tropes are when games take place on planets with 2 or more moons or orbiting a binary star system. It's interesting to imagine the mythology that would evolve on a world like that. Especially considering all the mythology we have in real life based around the sun and moon.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zuljaras

Last time I checked YouTube a video was suggested to me that the Earth is Flat. Well I can't argue with that since the Internet is always right!

Why do we live in such a lie that the Earth is round?

Edited on by Zuljaras

HobbitGamer

I’ve been waiting for that moon to be discussed. We all know it’s really a space station.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

I saw something on that second moon. While it isn't what I'd call a true moon, it's still pretty cool! I always love in fiction where extra suns, moons, and even whole planets can be viewed from the world's surface.

@NEStalgia Or the one town in Zootopia.

@Heavyarms55 That would have been nice lol. I just remember that it was a revelation for the internet to work instantly vs. the need to dial in all the time lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I like blue on blue. It’s one of the odd colors that looks really good next to different shades of itself. I think green is the same way. I don’t have a lavender purple (which is what I’m imagining in your office), but I do have one a few shades darker. It’s closer to lavender than purple though. It’s a gorgeous semi gloss, and I have it in three rooms. It really pops next to other colors. I like it next to both of my blues, it reminds me of Batman and the Joker. The Tyranexx hatchlings will definitely want a bunch of colors though. They’ll like the blue and purple, but they will need more.

@HobbitGamer - Oh man, you didn’t know about the Brie Larson situation on NL? It’s amazing. A Brie Larson article is like a high pitched whistle, and all the same pups come running every time, ready to yap and die on their opposing hills. It’s comedic gold. Sometimes the comments keep coming for days. It’s something that could provide enjoyment throughout the week.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee I went and read ever comment, including the reply that tried giving me an explanation I explicitly did not ask for, and I still don’t get it. Just seems like another “famous person said X once, burn them” dumpster fire.
It reminds me of the old Leave Brittney Alone days. And I have a low tolerance for uselessness when I’m ill.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

I repost again my drawing tribute to Nintendo Switch here.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee WTF is a Brie Larson? I assume it's some celebrity or such? No idea.

That explains why a random nobody was on the front page. I should have assumed it was triggering clickbait trolling.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Yep, my office is more of a lavender (brain was shot last night, couldn't think of that exact description). It's also a nice semi-gloss and seems to work with a lot of colors I have up on the walls.

The hatchlings (if any ever show up) may get special colors in their own time, but I'm not gonna go overboard on theming their room(s) until they're old enough to express their preferences. I think full bedroom theming when expecting a baby of things they may or may not like is a bit much, but to each their own.

NEStalgia

@Eel Wow, I care even less now than I did when I had no idea.

@Tyranexx you're supposed to indoctrinate them to believe whatever you want them to believe. That's the whole point. The Church of the Monkey God is real, and they will accept that truth in time.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Distant cousin to a Breegull.

No Covid here, just viral upper respiratory infection. Prednisone, Flonase, and snack time. Off tomorrow too.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia Gotcha. So a male mini Tyranexx will automatically love TMNT and a female mini Tyranexx will fall in love with Cardcaptor Sakura if their rooms are themed that way. THAT'S how that works.... 🤔

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Exactly. And they get sent to their room until they accept it. If it works for the top echelons of society, it can work for youuuu.

Time to get hopped up on steroids and play games all night. Maybe some Smash?

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic