Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,741 to 39,760 of 96,477

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia See, that’s why we keep you. Those brilliant ideas of yours.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ninfan

HobbitGamer wrote:

(Today’s southern report)
Everyone to me today: You have ink/dirt/stuff on your face.
Me: It’s ashes.
Everyone: What?
Me: Today is Ash Wednesday.
Everyone: I don’t know what that is.
Me: Can we move on?

@HobbitGamer why did you say, can we move on

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer ahh yes. Im still working and I'm trying to get over to get mine done. But we have kids needing to be picked up and all that stuff. Doesnt make for easy ash getting.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

Ash Wednesday is a Pokémon community event, correct?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

HobbitGamer wrote:

(Today’s southern report)
Everyone to me today: You have ink/dirt/stuff on your face.
Me: It’s ashes.
Everyone: What?
Me: Today is Ash Wednesday.
Everyone: I don’t know what that is.
Me: Can we move on?

@HobbitGamer why did you say, can we move on

For questions exactly like that 😜

@NintendoByNature I was fortunate enough to hit Mass during lunch at 1210.

@bimmy-lee Yes, it’s when we commemorate Ash’s Charmander evolving into Charmeleon and charring his face with fiery love flames. In the third evolution, Charizard rose again.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer there ya go. Early bird special 😉. Heading out now with only 1 child. Don't think we'll be able to get the other 2 in.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - That’s what I was thinking, though I was getting it a little confused with the legend of Chardrach, Mechard, and Abednazard, so I appreciate you clearing it up.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee No, that’s the story of the Pokétivity. They brought moonstones to Cleffa

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I also read quite a bit, though I use that to wind down for my last hour or so in the evening. It really depends on what I'm reading though. Normally gaming takes the front seat lol. I've considered watching Crunchyroll as well, but admittedly I'm one of those who prefers dubs in many cases. I suppose it's a matter of adapting, but half the time I have to go back and rewatch half a scene because I didn't catch all the words while watching all the action. That's not to say I don't respect subs and watching shows in their original language, but the distracting text is an extra step that I'm not always fond of dealing with.

Thanks! He's definitely doing much better. I do wish I could say the same for all that were in his shoes....

I like animation in general and really wish more people in the West, like my dad for example, didn't think cartoons are for kids only. It's really just a different style of presenting a story. I don't dislike all of the live action adaptations/reboots - I really liked the change in Beauty and the Beast and how they've turned Maleficent into more of an anti-hero in one form of canon (though I don't care for the original Sleeping Beauty very much TBH...she doesn't really DO anything....) - but many have felt unnecessary. While I did like the live-action The Lion King adaptation overall, I just didn't feel like it captured the heart of the original film as well. Plus, you do not, and I mean do NOT, butcher one of my favorite Disney villain songs.

@bimmy-lee I'm normally one who holds my tongue with most issues, particularly when it comes to customer service, but there's definitely been more than one time when I wanted to verbally tear someone a new one. Ironically, I'm more likely to do that now that I don't really deal with customers directly 99.9% of the time. It must be something about getting older. XD

@HobbitGamer That is not a question that would have come up around here. XD Not among most adults, anyway. I caught a noon service too, though my dirt marks are hidden by my bangs. The only thing is, the stuff itches and I keep forgetting it's there lol. I pull away my finger and it's gray.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer Do you have any parades for Mardi Gras where you live? I was really into catching all that plastic stuff when I was a kid. Now my favorite thing is the king cake and the food.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision had king cake for the first time last year and loved it. Gotta find it again, since it's not in every store around here.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx For the record, if you prefer dubs, Funimation has a lot of them, and Crunchyroll has started offering them too. Funimation's site has a decent few anime that CR doesn't but I really prefer CR's website and CR still has a better selection overall. But if you prefer dubs, you'd probably be better off with Funimation.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@NotTelevision Not really around here. St Patrick’s really kicks off down in Savannah, though.

#MudStrongs

WoomyNNYes

@NEStalgia trains, huh? I knew a train used to go by house, no tracks, but you can still see some leveled areas where the track was, but recently i found out it was Reading Railroad. Like we know from Monopoly. Theres Also this real old group of head stones a few houses over, when a train crashed there in the 1800s?, they didn't have the means to transport the fatalities, so they made a little grave yard. It's kind of cool.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer That’s cool. Bet those SCAD students get really into it.

@NintendoByNature It’s good because it functions as both dessert and a sweet bread with the morning coffee. I’m not a big cake guy, but I love a good cinnamon roll or brioche. King cake is the similar to those.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

@NotTelevision Oh yeah, it’s a whole big thing. River Street gets shut to vehicles, there’s crawls everywhere, and they turn some big fountains green. Never been, but I’ve seen coverage and had some friends go.

#MudStrongs

Eel

Oh wow I can’t believe it took Square Enix 8 years to add the intro movie and auto battle to the iPad version of Final Fantasy 3.

Nice surprise though, you never expect a dev to further update an old game beyond the required OS compatibility updates.

Now, for the next update in five years, I’d like controller support and the famicom soundtrack plz.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I’ve done a lot of customer service, and even when that hasn’t been my job title; most of my jobs have had some sort of that element. I can deal with all sorts of pains in the rear as long as it’s a profitable pain. It’s possible for the pain and drama to outweigh the profit though, and at that point, it’s kind of fun to fire a pain in the rear customer. Sometimes they even end up back after being humbled by other options who tolerate far less.

@NintendoByNature - I played DMC3 on PS2 and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a while ago, but I remember thinking it was the most fluid hack and blast em up I had experienced up to that time. I think I played all three of the DMC games on PS2 and liked them all.

@NotTelevision - I’m not a cake guy either, though I love pie. I can destroy a sweet bread though. It’s the perfect breakfast. One of my life goals is beignets in NO. You still on lockdown?

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee it's been really fun, until mission 18 and 19. The ones where you replay all the bosses and that big blob that im currently struggling with atm. I just can't beat him after 3 hours of trying 😠

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic