Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,061 to 39,080 of 96,542

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Noted.

On a funnier note then. That Dante's Inferno game from yesterday was a scam! When I went to pick up my game I noticed that it was in factory foil. So I got suspicious.

Then I noticed that the cover art is very pixelated and the Xbox seal when you open the game and you can't remove without taking off the foil is missing.

I just returned it and payed my delivery.

Now I ordered it from one of my trusted sellers from Ebay along with Kingdom of Amalur

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, that's a shame. Was there actually a disc in it, or just an empty box? From where did you buy it, then? I always use trusted services, mostly physical game shops or online shops that I've ordered from before, and who's service I know I can rely on.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I bought it second hand from a seller from my online auction marketplace. Every time I buy from different seller with the option to test it before paying.

It is very unreliable but 90% of the time I get good products very cheap. And I know how to spot a fake game

From Ebay at least I have guarantee.

Eel

Anti-Matter wrote:

Eel wrote:

Depending on the game, you can cook them.

Even you can cook your dog by throw it into the big pot during Harvest Festival and we will have a Dog Stew. šŸ¤£

Oh haha I didnā€™t know that one. Good to hear itā€™s not permanent.

One I do know about is in Harvest Moon DS, if you somehow have enough time and bad intentions, you can grow a level 99 poisonous mushroom and throw it into the harvest festival pot.

Then the game ends.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

How's that 2014 Strider game? I played a lot of Strider 2 on the PS1, fun game.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@Eel
"you can grow a level 99 poisonous mushroom and throw it into the harvest festival pot.

Then the game ends."

Eh?! Really?! šŸ¤Ŗ
I will check from Youtube.

Edit :
(A few Minutes later...)

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I've seen some for about 30. Guess i have to take a look at some other places.

And yea I know what you mean regarding cut scenes lol. I've already watched a few šŸ˜‰

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer seems fun enough. Graphics actually look pretty good for a Wii game. Not going to lie, it's pretty cool going from 2d to 3d on the fly, and that 2d aims for you.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

If you boil your dog and then get it back, is it a zombie dog?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, it's almost like she'd fit in perfectly with our current society. She's SO sensitive and hurt. #SamusToo

@NEStalgia No, just a hot dog...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NotTelevision

Just donā€™t play the Other M drinking game where you need to take a shot every time Samus says ā€œthe babyā€. Things might get weird fast.

NotTelevision

NEStalgia

Some pets cook themselves. I had a cat that would try to jump into any boiling pot so long as it contained something tasty. And he was very good about positioning himself in locations I couldn't get to him without him biting me. You just let them do what they want, not that you have a choice. If they boil themselves alive....they're cats...they'll jump out, shake it off, go pee on something valuable, and your dinner has fur and a vague salmon taste afterward.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Have fun with Other M! I know you've read my impressions, so I won't expound on them again. XD

@ThanosReXXX I'm all for letting all ages play video games (though I agree that screen time should be limited for the very young), but the fact remains that some very little ones and even a few older kids don't know how to properly take care of electronic devices. What really bothers me is the "my parents will replace it" mentality among some kids today. I was generally pretty careful with my devices growing up because I knew they weren't easily replaced.

I think gaming is more mainstream nowadays, and I never have thought it weird, once I got out of my teens, that older demographics play games. Heck, I think I'm still under the median gamer age; isn't it somewhere around forty now? There's still a bit of stigma against it here, mostly with the older generations, but IMO it's just another form of entertainment. Board games have been around for thousands of years, and more passive entertainment like TV is universally accepted.

I'd better not get into fan maturity with some franchises, particularly because they lurk in the most obscure, unsuspecting corners....

@NotTelevision I've heard that's still not as bad as the Mario Party drinking game. I've heard interesting stories about that one.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx haha. Ohh no. The last Mario Party games I played were in college when I resurrected the olā€™ 64. It was a party alright with 4 players. I donā€™t think the analog sticks have been the same since.

I actually like Other M, I was just joking about the opening segments. They tried something different with the character and gameplay and succeeded in many of the things they set out to do. Video game writing is usually hit or miss, so considering that, OM is probably above par.

NotTelevision

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Yeah, I'm from the era where when you bought something, you expected to have it until you died. The idea that my NES could break, or even become obsolete was not something people thought about at the time. You bought an NES. The NES will be there forever. It will be of equal desirability forever. Things weren't going to change much about games ever.

Ok, given the NES Classic, I was right about half of it.... Ok, I still have my NES, scratch that.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, you know what they say: "dogs have owners, cats have staff"...

@Tyranexx The "my parents will replace it" mentality? Well, that must either be something in the US, or it's prevalent in other areas that I'm not familiar with. What I actually AM familiar with, is the time-honored trope
"I really didn't mean to"...

But things like that will never happen to me. I'd either only let children that I trust with my game consoles or handhelds, and in the case of the Switch, for example, I'd be sitting in the same room, with an eye on proceedings, if I'm not entirely sure yet. But I am the cool uncle, so I won't say no immediately, especially if they ask nicely. And sometimes, I'll just sit beside them, and help them through the game and with the controls and such.

@NotTelevision @NintendoByNature Mario Party and drinking games. I probably can't even begin to imagine how bad the final results/scores of those matches were...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX we had Wii party? I think that was the game where it had pong with cups on a table (beer pong) and we used to drink while playing that.

Side note: for anyone whos watched 300. In the very beginning of the movie, when the first Persian arrives at the door steps of king leonitas, just before he pulls out the skulls, his robe clearly has a triforce on it, and they zoom in on it. It seems really intentional. Has anyone else noticed that?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision I've never played Mario Party on the N64, but I've been told it's a riot with friends and that the blister memes are no joke. XD

I liked Other M overall, and while I agree with some of the story complaints, I don't think it's bad. If anything, I wish they'd expanded on more of the characters and a few hanging threads. Heck, in another game (like the original Metroid) PTSD Samus makes more sense.

@NintendoByNature Trust me, it's not as bad as half the internet makes it out to be.

@NEStalgia Granted, that doesn't happen as much these days where electronics are involved (Heck, many modern laptop/tablet/phone builds have everything mounted to the boards and screwed into the case so that you HAVE to buy something new), but I think the longevity can still be pretty decent as long as things are treated well. Accidents happen of course, but with how carelessly some people throw their devices around.... Shudders

@ThanosReXXX While the "my parents will replace it" trope isn't TOO common, it does exist out there for spoiled and/or wealthy kids. Accidents are one thing, but if a kid is blatantly abusing technology (or pretty much any other item), then I think they should have it taken away and shouldn't be indulged.

I'd definitely supervise any use of my game systems as, first and foremost, I want everyone to have fun. I'm willing to trust people to a point, but until I'm fully sure I won't leave them to their own devices...with my device. XD I've always tries to treat the things of others well when I've borrowed them, but unfortunately in my case (though thankfully with cheaper material like books), I've learned loaning things to just anyone isn't always wise. Another thing that burned me in my youth was that I'd had some temporarily loaned toys lost or broken by other kids.

And mom wonders why I always had sharing issues....

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I know about beer pong, but that must surely have been in one of those third party party games. I can't imagine Nintendo themselves making a game with anything even remotely pointing at alcohol abuse...

@Tyranexx Well, that's exactly how I look at it as well. As it stands, I've only ever loaned my Switch to one kid, and that's one of my best friend's daughters. She's now 12, and has always been really careful with other people's stuff, and she has already proven herself in the past, so I know I can let her play on it without supervision, without having to be nervous about in which kind of state I'm going to get it back.

I can definitely share my own stories with you, where it concerns getting stuff back in less than mint condition, though. So I can definitely relate to that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic