Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 39,001 to 39,020 of 96,484

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It fluctuates, it’s market price. For you, the effort to get here will work as payment for the VIP pass. Assuming the barcade is complete at that point. If not, we’ll go down the street to a local brewery for pints and pinball.

@Tyranexx - It’s the mini Tyranexxes that’ll really put the hurt on your storage space. Suddenly, a whole room will be stacked up with stuff that you don’t use, but don’t want to get rid of just yet... just in case. This basement taming project is years in the making and it’s our final disaster room. It’ll be a kid’s play and art room for quite a while. The barcade is a future project. I’ll post a pic of the little Ms Pac Man mural I painted in my daughter’s room. I have to replace the smoke alarm first, which is the power pellet in the whole thing. I’ll add you next time I sit down to play. I’ll be RedNestor. You may recognize me from such places as 99th place in Tetris 99.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer I'm pretty sure I have you. Someone's been playing a lot of Switcher last I checked.

@ThanosReXXX There ARE too many great games out there. I suppose it's a wonderful problem to have in a sense. I try to keep it to the better/best ones in genres that I'm genuinely interested in, but that's still really hard sometimes. The biggest genre where this is an issue for me are RPGs; I try to be very picky, but the fact remains that some of the best ones are or can be long in the tooth. It doesn't help that I have a habit of exploring and talking to almost every NPC I come across. XD Thankfully some of the greats are pretty short too.

No mini Tyranexxes exist yet, but I haven't ruled out the possibility at this point in my lifetime...so far. Step one would be to find a Sir Tyranexx, but I do quite enjoy living alone too.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Hah, I figured as much! I can remember the space my siblings and I took up with our stuff. I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to decorations and so on, but I know that'll change if there are ever any kids in the picture.

I would like to see that mural; it sounds really cool! I would've loved a customized paint job in my own room growing up, but that's a bit hard to pull off in a lot cabin. All the walls were wood.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for that request.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee So, couple hundred, then. I'll keep that in mind. By the time you've got things ready over there, I'll hopefully have all my ducks in a row again, professionally speaking, and then I'll easily be able to spend the time and money to visit Rasslin' Bimmy the Beer Bear's Barcade...

@Tyranexx Yeah, between having a personal life and a professional career, there's only so much time you can spend on hobbies and considering the average length of an RPG sometimes seriously makes me reconsider jumping into one in the first place. Almost makes you feel like they still have to/need to invent bite-sized RPGs, but then again: what would be the use of it or fun in that?

I do now almost feel some kind of replacement anxiety for when you're finally ready to start playing BotW. That one's going to eat up a HEFTY chunk of your life for sure...

Concerning the mini you's: good option to still have. My ticket for that particular adventure has probably expired, sadly. I'm kinda torn between still having a strong wish to have kids, but not particularly keen on wanting to give them a grandpa for a daddy at the same time. And of course needing to find a wife that's considerably younger than me, in order to not have to deal with the potential health risks to the well-being of either my future offspring or a more evenly aged significant other...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Oh, wonderful. Another Amazon I've potentially crossed. And we all know that Hell Hath No Fury...

Am I glad I'm on the other side of the pond...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I kind of wish I'd really gotten into RPGs back in the day when I had more time. Despite having limited SNES access, none of the famous RPG games that graced that machine were to be found. The games my cousins did have were great (minus the previously mentioned Captain Novolin), but they were all platformers.

The Pokemon games were my first exposure as a kid, but despite having a turn-based system they aren't what I'd call a classic take of the RPG formula. I think the first classic-style RPG that I played was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone by Griptonite on the GBC. Funnily enough I remember not caring for the game much at first as grinding was a new concept for me at the time, but it eventually grew on me. It's one of the games I regret selling.

You'll probably know when I've been sucked up by BotW when there's an unannounced disappearance on my end for a few days....

Yep, there are definitely a few health risks to being a parent as one gets older, though it's still possible to a point. I have a coworker who thought she'd never have kids and had settled for her stepchildren, then lo and behold she finds out at age 40 that she's expecting. 17 years later and she's dealing with an ornery senior in high school. XD

If all else fails, I'll at least be the cool aunt that my potential future nieces/nephews either love or think is weird. Though that'll depend on where my siblings end up in the relationship department. They're both younger than I am.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, it’s a very alliterative barcade. I meant that the effort you put forth to get here covers the cost of your VIP pass. It’s included with your plane ticket. Consider it waiting on you along with a bottle of Bacardi.

@Tyranexx - Ooh, I love log cabins, very cool. One of my childhood friends lived in one, and I loved staying over at his place. But yeah, you kind of have to be okay with the color of sealed log. I just did a small Ms Pac Man thing with a polka dot stencil set, mainly to sort of conceal the smoke alarm in her room. They both do have personalized paint jobs in their rooms though. It’s like a weird hobby I have. Her color palate is inspired by the Ms Pac Man cabinet, and the palate in my son’s room is from the Donkey Kong cabinet.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee I customized my room growing up as much as possible, but no paint job definitely put a damper on that a bit. XD Plus, a good chunk of my childhood was spent sharing my room with my sister. While the cabin was two stories tall, the second floor only had a loft that spanned roughly half the house (our room) and a storage area off of each side of our room. The house was deceptively large. I'm told it belonged to some bigwig at a bank who used it as a weekend getaway. It was foreclosed on, and supposedly he gutted the place before it was officially put on the block. My parents had to make quite a few improvements. I was only a toddler at the time and don't remember any of that.

Those paint jobs, quite frankly, sound pretty awesome! I'm sure Bimmy Jr. And Bimily get a kick out of them.

MsJubilee

Joaquin Phoenix got the Oscar for best actor. That makes 2 actors getting an oscar for doing the role of Joker. Simply amazing, but good for him, the man deserved it and the ending to his speech was simply heartbreaking.

Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature That one is definitely useful. Especially after upgrading it several times.

@Zuljaras How do you feel about the later entries in the series though? I liked the GBA entries quite a bit and recently played Aria of Sorrow and liked that one a lot. The most recent entry to the series I played was Lords of Shadow on the 360, and I thought that was was good but it didn’t retain the identity of a Castlevania for me. It felt more like God of War.

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

@MsJubilee Yes! Only he deserved it after that performance of the Joker! Thanks for the good news!

@NotTelevision I really like the LoS saga. It is a modern take on Castlevania. It feels like a GoW but in a good way. Castlevania Lament of Innocence is also like that and it is made before GoW but more people know the one exclusive and not the other.

NotTelevision

@Zuljaras Cool. I’m going to try the 2nd game in the series. Now that I adjusted my expectations, I’ll probably get into it.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@Zuljaras Ohh I didn’t know about that one. I see it is on so that’s convenient Steam.

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

@NotTelevision It is just like Metroid Samus Returns. I think the same engine is used to make it like the one in Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate.

It is 2.5D Metroidvania. You play as 3 characters Simon Belmont (Chapter 1), Alucard (Chapter 2) and Trevor Belmont (Chapter 3).

A very good game. It was initially exclusive for the 3DS. It fills the gap between LoS 1 and LoS 2.

NotTelevision

@Zuljaras Thats good. I’m guessing it is a lot of the same people who made Samus Returns because it is also MercuryStream.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

@Zuljaras I also really enjoyed the LoS games. They were the first Castlevania games I played to the end.
Dante’s Inferno had my attention, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic