Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,981 to 39,000 of 96,322

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You're very welcome. They're not always the cheapest, so it depends on the item, stock and the time of year, but I'd say that in general, it's always a good idea to cross-reference multiple sources before deciding on a purchase, so you might save a couple of bucks every now and then. Looking through their catalog now, there's literally a ridiculous amount of Wii games available for cheap or pretty decent prices.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature No, they're a used games & console shop only.
Here you go:
https://www.lukiegames.com/wii-games
On that page alone, I already saw more than 10 recommendations for ridiculously low prices.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX Ok, i just looked at the site and some of the prices are in fact, rediculously low. I guess what confused me was it said game only or complete tab. Good to know. I'd more than likely grab Wii u games from there, or any carts from Nintendo consoles. Wii games are easily damaged. But it's great to have that as a source. Plus, the 90 day return policy is a nice touch.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - You should see me a lot more now that I made myself visible. Late winter is prime video game season.

@NintendoByNature - Forgot to mention earlier, Golf Story is great. Perfect for this time of year too. I’m about to head out for the third course next session.

@ThanosReXXX - That’s a great trailer. I think I found Muramasa on a Wii hidden gems article on this very site, though it’s possible it was IGN, it was a long time ago. Beautiful game. Knowing you to be a Wii fan, I assumed you’d played it.

Oh yeah, it’s going to be a barcade. That’s what it will become regardless of whether or not I call it that, so I may as well just go with it. The games will be set to free play, but it’s $10 a beer unless you buy a VIP pass, then it’s all free play and free reign. I’ll be sure to have a bottle of Bacardi on hand.

@MsJubilee - I’m not much of a double dipper, but I would love a nice, HD edition of Muramasa for Switch. I’d buy it immediately.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Other hidden gems on Wii; Godfather, Manhunt 2, Escape From Bug Island.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Wii games damage easily? Not all that different from Wii U games, really. It is true that both BluRay and Wii U discs have a scratch resistant layer, but the disc edges can still fray and/or be roughed up all the same. And any disc can crack, when under enough abuse. Personally, I've bought plenty of Wii games from local used game stores over the years, and if ever there actually was a problem with any of the discs, I'd have them polished, and they'd work good as new again, and to this day, all of my games are still in working condition.

As for the "game only" or "complete" tab, I'd say that kinda speaks for itself. Some people who don't care for boxes or manuals, would rather just buy the disc, long as they can play the games. Me, I'd always go for the complete version if one is available. And like you said: they've got the 90 day return policy, so there's hardly any risk involved in trying out some Wii games.

@bimmy-lee So.... how much is that VIP pass going for?

@HobbitGamer Manhunt 2 and Escape From Bug Island as hidden gems, really? I'd be quite hesitant to recommend either one of them myself.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX at least that's what I've been told at game stop and from personally seeing the damage on some Wii games vs Wii u. Cracking is one thing that can happen, but I'm more than anything talking about scratches which I've barely seen on used Wii u games I've bought.

Good to know about the tabs. I assumed it was as such but I was just making sure. For the extra dollar or so, it seems worth it to go for the complete boxed edition. Either way thanks again, I'll give them a shot in the near future.
@bimmy-lee yea it's a really fun game I need to get back at it. The Halloween themed one is pretty cool.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

On Switch codes: Mine is in my sig if anyone here wants to request me. Just let me know first. I'm still trying to figure out who Great83 is, but I have the rest figured out. XD There are a few people I still need to add IRL too.

@bimmy-lee I second wanting to see pictures of Bimmy's Basement Barcade when it's finished. Done right, basements make decent hangouts. I don't have one at my current place as I'm the only inhabitant and didn't need the extra space and don't QUITE need the extra storage just yet. XD I'm sure that'll change if I ever tie the knot and have a mini Tyranexx or two.

@ThanosReXXX I get what you mean by the "feel" of a game. Videos tell me a lot, but I also use other impressions besides them to decide whether or not to pick up a game from a franchise I'm unfamiliar with. The hearsay on MadWorld is really selling it to me right now. I don't think I'll jump onto the game just yet though; I still would like to cull a bit more of ye olde backlog first.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thanks! I'm not sure if I'll show up under my NNID (below), Landroid, or under my chosen nickname for half of my consoles (Crimson). It's my favorite shade of red, and I've been using it ever since I got my OG red 3DS.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx sounds good. You'll either see MarkEmark or MarkiiMark I can't remember what mine says 😋

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Good to know. I'm somewhat lenient on who I accept, but I also don't take just anybody.

Edited on by Tyranexx

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx If I haven’t already, mine will be...wait for it...HobbitGamr

@ThanosReXXX I liked ‘em. I mean, at the time. Manhunt definitely isn’t for the faint of heart, that’s certain.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature And you're welcome again.
Of course it's true that any non-BluRay disc can potentially scratch more easily, but from a gamer standpoint that's just a matter of taking care of your games, and obviously, a game shop that is solely based on selling retro games wouldn't do itself and its reputation any favors, if they would be selling scratched discs.

I don't know exactly what LukieGames' policy is, but over here for example, there's always the guarantee that games should work and that they're in the ACTUAL condition that the web page says they're in (so, in short: if there's scratches on them, then they're obligated to mention that on the web page), so that should for example also mean that when they themselves buy/collect games with scratches on them, that they themselves have to polish them in order to get them back in ship-shape condition. So, long as you keep them in their case once bought, nothing much should happen to them.

Unless of course you've got kids who are, shall we say, a bit more care free with things like these. I've seen and been to places of friends and acquaintances where discs were either stacked up on desks, used as coasters, or lain down on window sills with the readable side towards the sun light, and yes, that will most definitely speed up their demise...

Other than that, you'd REALLY have to go out of your way to get scratches on them during regular/normal usage. I've not only got Wii games, but also GameCube, OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games, all of which fall in the category of "easily" scratchable discs, except most of them hardly have a scratch on them, mostly because I simply take care of my collection, and only use them as I'm supposed to.

On a side note: I personally don't really hold Game Stop in very high regard, so any advice given there, unless given by a genuinely helpful and sincere store clerk, is largely ignorable if you ask me...

But hey, don't mind me too much, I'm just offering options, and it's your money after all, so if you don't feel sure enough about it, then go with what you feel comfortable with. Some of these prices, though...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX for sure. They seem like they really care, and that's good enough for me(lukie). If something is a miss, ill just swap it. Now I'll be browsing lukie games for hours seeing what i want to buy 😂.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, yeah... back logs can be a pain. Especially because they seem to possess the innate ability to just keep on growing and growing. Yelp! There's just TOO many great games and way too little free time in a human's lifetime to play them all in. And yet, I still want to have all or at least most of the must have titles for all of the consoles and handhelds that I own, even if I ultimately never get to play them. Some of these titles are classics, console exclusive or simply hidden gems, and now that they're still available for a reasonable price, I'd rather buy and store them, than miss them forever.

And yeah, the feel of certain games is SO important. It makes games click, makes the standalone elements of a game come together as one complete experience, and far as I'm concerned, it's the most important part of whether or not a game is good or even great.

On a side note: potential mini Tyranexxes? Have I missed something somewhere?

@HobbitGamer Oh, I didn't mean that they weren't entertaining games at all, although I really didn't like Manhunt myself (both because of the premise and the far below the Wii's capabilities' graphics), but I have spent quite some time playing Bug Island. It's just that I've found both games rather mediocre in the end, so that for me is the reason that I wouldn't put them on any recommendation list. Those games have to be good or great, not okay or passable. But hey, mind you, that's just my opinion.

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I almost feel sorry for pointing them out to you. Almost...

#firstworldproblems

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic