Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,961 to 38,980 of 96,538

Ninfan

@Heavyarms55 on tv station from Japan NHK World there always saying how much more products cost than other places in the world...

Ninfan

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I’ll temporary trade it with you sometime. It’s probably one of those games that had a low print run and holds its value. You mentioned Unravel 2 earlier, and I never hear much about it. I’ve had it a while, and enjoyed what I played of it (it looks amazing), but it kind of got pushed to the side by other stuff. I need to get back to it and give it a real try.

@ThanosReXXX - It is a great little machine. Mine will have a permanent home once I flip this basement around into real living space. It’s one I’m excited to play with my kids, Sports Resort included. I’ve already played some Boom Blox and Punch Out with my daughter.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Thinking back, I can see how that part of the post would've been misinterpreted. All the same, thanks for the sentiment!

I think another interesting point when it comes to MadWorld is the comic book art style. Everything is in drawn shades of black and white barring the carnage. I will be checking out that link.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I'm thinking you're going to have to promise us to put up some pictures of that new living space annex game room when it's finally finished, because I'm becoming mighty curious by now...

P.S.

Punch Out with your daughter? What kind of evil, violent behavior are you teaching these poor tykes?

@Tyranexx That certainly is part of the attraction of the game, and PlatinumGames have done a stellar job making it work so well too. That's what I mean when I'm sometimes talking about the "feel" of a game. That doesn't translate well (or sometimes not at all) to video clips of these games, but it simply just clicks when you're playing it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX thanks. I'd imagine there is shipping and handling too. And since we have Amazon prime, there's usually no shipping and handling. So I think the 16 bucks I found it for would be the cheapest.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee thanks bim. I saw game stop has it for like 10 used. If I don't secure a copy I may have to take you up on that offer. And as for unravel. It's really relaxing and a nice alternative honestly. I really like it.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan I don't really watch traditional TV, I don't know what NHK is talking about in this case. But I grew up in the US and lived in Japan for the past 5 years and have been all over the country, both big cities and tiny rural towns in Japan. Prices are not terribly different from anything in the American midwest. Of course prices can be distorted by exchange rates between different currencies.

Of course I've never been to Europe, Australia, South America, mainland Asia or Africa, so I can't speak to price differences in those places.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, she inherited a strong fighting spirit. Probably from her mom. I’m just trying to nurture it a bit. I’m pretty sure the first game she “played” was Punch Out via WiiU VC. She really liked it and fell in love with Little Mac and the rest of the cast just like I did.

I’m converting the basement living space into a kid’s play room for the time being, but it will have a video game corner with a variety of consoles to play. Bimmy’s Basement Barcade is a future project. I’m still assembling my list of my essential cabinets.

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, I think I played an hour or so, and it was really nice. Most of what I played was calm, methodical, and really quite beautiful. I’ll start it up again soon. It’s one of the few games I paid full price for in the eShop because my wife saw it and wanted to play it, but still has yet to play it.

The last thing any of us need is another game for the backlog, but I was moving around Wii games recently, saw it, and thought of you as someone who might enjoy it. It’s a slash em up with a cool control scheme, light RPG and backtracking elements, sword collecting and upgrading, beautiful backgrounds, and hot spring baths with monkeys. All the stuff you like, and it’s not a long play at all.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea for sure. When im stressed out, just gotta turn on unravel 2. And nothing says NBN like some good monkey baths. So it's definitely up my alley.

On a side note, I saw you on your switch last night, which feels like it was a rare appearance, but I'm glad you did. And isn't golf story amazing? It was a highlight for me back at launch, and I'm very much anticipating sports story.

We really need to do some more online gaming, since I rarely have anyone to play with. So good ol snes games or something should be fun. We gotta coordinate it soon.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the info about Bloodstained. Found a couple of weapons I like so far.

Did you find that one called Flying Edge? You get it pretty early on and the sword flies across the room like a boomerang and damages anything it hits sometimes multiple times. It feels a bit like cheating using it but it’s useful leveling up.

Enjoying the game a lot so far.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision no problem at all. If you have any questions I can do my best to remember what i did, so just ask. I think that sounds familiar. The one thing i never used was a gun though. What type of shards have you found and what are you using mostly?

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I happened to look at my profile yesterday and realized I had turned off the ability to see if I was online (or that’s the default setting), and I turned it back on. So I’ve been secretly gaming this whole time. You should notice me a little more now, I usually see you and Hobbit on when I fire up, so I apologize about that setting. It’s kind of weird that it was set that way, but unintentional.

I’d love to try out the SNES app, or something else 2P online. I have a lot more free time now that the NFL season has wrapped up. Monday and Wednesday evenings are a real solid bet for me. I have a bunch of the beat em ups, and saw you have Night Slashers, as do I. Streets of Red, Gungeon, any of that stuff would be fun to play online with you.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Sure. Appreciate the advice.

I have about 25-30 shards so far and I’ve been testing them out. I like the throwing daggers and the one where the portraits circle around Miriam and protect her. But I’m sure there are cooler ones later on.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision I forgot what the frame shard is called but i had it on stand by at all times during boss fights. And it causes damage too.
@Zuljaras I'd maybe do 2 or 3 times. Only games I'll play more than once are zelda games usually, or Mario games. This one's an outlier since i enjoyed it so much.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Yeah, us two are forever online. Lately I’ve been turning on airplane mode halfway through the evening to get a little extra juice 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Ah, so it was 16 bucks after all. I saw you mentioning 40 or something later on, so that kind of made me wonder whether it was a good deal or not. Anyway, on the off chance that the Amazon one isn't available anymore, you'll still have this one as a backup option. And that particular shop's service is pretty darn good. I've used it myself a couple of times, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

On a side note: totally agree with @bimmy-lee concerning Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Here's a look at the trailer, to wet your appetite (and be sure to watch it full screen, seeing as the trailer is in Japanese with English subs, and because the font of the text is stylized, you may not be able to read it clearly when not in full screen mode):

Probably another Wii must-have, or at least must-play, because that too is another unique title for that particular console.

@bimmy-lee Barcade, huh? I'm liking the sound of that concept...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX madworld was 16, muramasa was 40. Both look really great, and At some point, ill be proud owner of both, with madworld being my 1st of the 2. Mostly due to price and shorter gameplay. I appreciate the trailer though, thanos. I missed out on alot of Wii games other than most 1st party ones. I wasn't that into the wii back then for some reason. I was more into baseball and American football games at the time, and 1st person shooters.

I'm learning to appreciate the Wii more and more though. And now I'm looking to build up my collection of not just Wii U, but Wii as well. Problem is, I didn't have much money until I bought a ps4 back at launch, so now I'm able to pick up where I left off on those systems, getting games now that i can finally afford them.

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

Why isn't there a Switch port of Muramasa The Demon Blade? The game is fantastic and would fit right in-home on the Switch.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, I've got quite a few Wii gems myself, and I've played a lot more, so if ever you're looking for some more recommendations in specific game types, you'll know where to find me.

Oh, by the way: before you spend your 40 bucks on Muramasa, you might want to look here first...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic