Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,941 to 38,960 of 96,538

Ninfan

@Heavyarms55 yes I ment do you have to pay a lot of money for products in japan. I heard a couple of people saying you have to pay nearly €100 for just a bag of chips ?

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX what beer is usually in your fridge when you drink it? Which reminds me, I ran out last night myself.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

@Heavyarms55 yes I ment do you have to pay a lot of money for products in japan. I heard a couple of people saying you have to pay nearly €100 for just a bag of chips ?

I don’t know what those ‘couple of people’ have been consuming, but a bag of chips in Japan does not cost 1/3 the price of a Switch, I’m sure.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Barring the crowds, Osaka really does sound like a cool place! I wish we had that many themed cafes here, pop-up and permanent. Granted, if such a thing does exist in the Midwest, I'd still have to drive pretty far for it. The closest major city is only a couple hours away, but it's not one of the more popular ones for most events.

@NintendoByNature Thanks! This kid was on his way to school earlier this week, lost control of his vehicle (I'm unsure how, but it's easy to get pulled into the ditch by a lot of loose gravel in some areas of where I grew up), and hit part of a guardrail on a small bridge head-on. It speared the front of his vehicle, thankfully he was wearing a seatbelt. He has several broken ribs and likely some broken bones in his arm, but his right leg is by far the most messed up; they've had to amputate it up to the knee because of the shape it was in, but thankfully not past that. He's currently in a medically induced coma at a regional hospital. The good news is he's expected to live, but he has a long road ahead of him. The support from the community and surrounding ones that I grew up in has been amazing.

@ThanosReXXX I'm glad that you take jokes well, my friend. Just inform me if I ever go too far, though I'm usually pretty good (in my humble opinion) at understanding where the line is with most folks. The more I know or have spoken with someone, the better. Like giving my sister an ornery rib about her current boyfriend every now and again.... XD

I've heard a thing or two about Madworld, but have never played that one or seen any footage. Sounds like an intriguing game, though hack 'n slash titles have always been a bit hit or miss for me.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I'm really sorry to hear that. And i feel terrible for him. It's one thing to get into an accident and have some broken bones, but it's a whole other thing if something has to be amputated. I feel for him, and wish him the best.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thank you. He's been on my mind a lot lately. I don't know him too well, but he was one of those kids younger than me that you'd see every now and again during school hours. I think what'll be the most devastating for him is adjusting to a prosthetic leg and the fact that he can't play in sports for a little while. He was just in a basketball tourney a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, the amputation was necessary to allow him a better chance to heal. There was even talk that they'd have to remove more than the lower half of his leg, but thankfully that won't be the case. They're now supposed to operate on his right femur and hip early next week as those are broken.

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Yeah, I suppose it does look a bit chaotic in footage, and even when playing it, it can be hectic sometimes, but second hand experiences through watching gameplay just don't compare with actually playing it.

@NintendoByNature Well, by default, there's little beer in my fridge, unless it's summer. At home, I usually drink Bacardi & Coke, but when visiting people, I'm not one of those snobby types, that expects my hosts to cater to my specific needs, so I just drink beer when out and about, also because it's cheaper. And when I do, it's usually Heineken. Dutch beer is pretty good, after all. But my taste in beers is pretty broad, so you can also do me a favor with a Bud, Fosters (Australian beer), Tuborg (Danish beer), Corona (Mexican beer), Carlsberg or Löwenbrau (German beer), Palm (Belgian beer) and plenty more.

@Tyranexx My "line" so to speak, is very broad, and as you happen to be a person of the opposite sex, you're in the lucky position of me extending that particular part of the population an added bit of leeway concerning how far they can go. And trust me: you'll know when you went too far with me, because I won't be squeamish about letting you know, so thus far, you haven't even begun to tap into my bad side...

So, no need to be humble, because you've been on point with sensing how far you can go, so you've never crossed the line so far.

Sorry to hear about your relative. I'm not a religious person, so I'll just be sending some good vibes your way for support, and in hopes of a speedy recovery.

As for MadWorld: trust me, it's one of the best games on the Wii, if not a must have, because of its uniqueness. If you can get your hands on it for a good price, like @NintendoByNature, then get it, you won't regret it. And it isn't necessarily a hack and slash, it's more of a free-roaming 3D fighter, with a decidedly arcadey story line. Ridiculous in fact, but so ridiculous that it becomes good again. Of all the people that I know that have played it, there's VERY few, if any, that didn't enjoy it.

I'll just put up a couple of (nice and short) videos (so they won't take up too much of your time) for you and @NintendoByNature, to show you why every Wii owner should want to own this game:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan What? What country did those people visit?! Not Japan I can tell you that! On average most things in Japan are near US prices. Meat and dairy are maybe 5-10% more because Japan has to import most of it. Not much room for grazing cattle here.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I'm not a beer snob myself. Ill drink mostly anything if it's ice cold.
Madworld: feel like I need a shower after those trailers lol. Looks really good though. And is it me or does the main character look eerily similar to hellboy? I checked out how long to beat and it says about 5-6 hours which is perfect considering im drowning in games. Ill probabaly check this out after all. Ill more than likely grab it next week.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, now that you mention it, you could say that he shares some traits/features of appearance with Hellboy, albeit Hellboy with a chainsaw arm...

And it's just SO satisfying to pull off all the various finishing moves. You've literally got no idea until you've actually played it for yourself...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX so like Ash from Evil Dead spliced with Hellboy? 😂 cool, good to know it's got that platinum-combo/finisher move execution that feels good in their games.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Haha, yeah, something like that. As for the time to finish it: I'd say that 5 to 6 hours on average, to finish the game following the main story line is about right, but as the review in the last video mentions, there's lots of replay value in trying to revisit levels/areas and racking up combos and subsequent scores, so I'd say that to get the most out of it, you'd easily be able to spend twice that much amount of time in total, mainly because scoring combos is easy in the beginning, but as the game progresses, that slowly becomes more difficult to do/maintain.

But not in a "I'm so frustrated that I'm going to throw my controller against the wall" way, so it always stays entertaining and feels fair regardless.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I’ll second Thanos here on Mad World, I also think it’s one of the best and most unique gems for the Wii. I can’t remember how long it takes to beat it, but it does get pretty tough towards the end from what I remember. I was just looking at my Wii games and thought of you as someone who would enjoy Muramasa: The Demon Blade. If you haven’t played it, keep an eye out for that one when you’re Wii bargain hunting.

@ThanosReXXX - Those trailers you posted have me tempted to unbox my Wii and hook it up. Mad World was ridiculous fun. It’s been a really long time since I played it, but it’s hilarious and quite memorable. It’s like a beat em up if every encounter played out like a mini Mortal Kombat fight. At least that’s what I remembered from watching the trailers. The controls should come back to me pretty quick. I played NMH2 last summer, and they’re similar from what I remember.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Yep, all in all he seems to be doing well considering the circumstances. It could have been much, much worse. I'm looking forward to reading/hearing about when he's finally allowed to wake up.

@ThanosReXXX Heh, good to know the line is very broad; I don't intend to offend anyone, but everyone's tolerance level for [insert subject/joke of choice here] tends to vary. Most in this thread seem to be pretty chill overall.

Thanks for the good vibes! Though I'd have to check with my parents if there's any relation. If so, it's probably down the line a bit. (Y'know, one of those smaller communities where you're related to half the population through either blood or marriage) Besides living in the same community, this kid was in the lower grades by the time I was in jr. high/high school, but in some cases in my school career we shared the same building.

The prognosis for him seems to be pretty good so far, it'll just take some time.

On MadWorld: That actually looks like a really fun game! It seems to be one of those that doesn't take itself seriously, which I can get behind. I have no problem with violence in games, though some portrayals, particularly very realistic ones, aren't for me. I have a slight aversion to some games that want to be taken seriously but just up the blood factor for the sake of it; there's gotta at least be a realistic point to it in those cases. I'm the same way with some horror movie franchises like Texas Chainsaw.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX nice. Just about my sweet spot for avg gameplay.
@bimmy-Lee thanks dude. Still tipping $40 new on Amazon..but ill.check out gs and disc replay (used game and dvd store)

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, I'd say the Mortal Kombat comparison is about right for that part. It's like chain combos of "Finish Him!" moves...

Far as the Wii itself is concerned: ever since I installed it in the cabinet underneath my TV, it has never been disconnected or left its place, so to this day, it proudly sits there underneath my TV, next to my Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Wii U and Nintendo Switch, and I still play a couple of games on it every now and then. Mostly Wii Sports Resort, but sometimes also a couple of other games, also because I've installed all of my GameCube games on the Wii's external hard drive. And among those, there are definitely some games that I like to revisit from time to time.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, no relative, then. Guess I kinda misread that part. Sentiment stays the same, though. It's someone you know and apparently care about, so yeah...

As for MadWorld: it does indeed not take itself too seriously. In fact, it's SO over the top, that all of the violence in it, which is actually pretty gruesome in some cases, would it have been in real life, just comes across as extremely comical and satisfying to perform.

I'd say that if you're interested even in the slightest after having watched those videos, then you might probably also want to make use of the link that I posted in the comment above.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic