Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,181 to 33,200 of 96,613

Eel

Oh without the dlc I would never get to hear the victory theme. It's nice.

Talking about it, I love the new additions. I'll absolutely try to get the zelda theme tomorrow.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ScottNintendo

Sunsy wrote:

@ScottNintendo Sorry, I wouldn't know since I don't usually follow Apple. I mostly remember Macs from the mid-90s because my family had one. The SimCity talk reminded me I played the original and 2000 on a Mac.

I love the design of the old Mac desktops, I seen videos of people even making them into fish tanks. There pretty sweet looking, even today.

SN

Eel

Ooooh my cousin had one of those, it was so cool looking and round. I wonder if she still has it around.

The only apple thing I have is my iPad mini 4. Love it to bits, I always have it with me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ScottNintendo

StableInvadeel wrote:

Ooooh my cousin had one of those, it was so cool looking and round. I wonder if she still has it around.

The only apple thing I have is my iPad mini 4. Love it to bits, I always have it with me.

I have no idea why Apple won't make a new desktop screen combo that is styled like the retro Macs, I'm sure they would sell like mad.

SN

NintendoByNature

So in typical fashion @redderrugfish owned me online in super mario kart. One day.......one day.....ill beat him at something

NintendoByNature

ScottNintendo

Super Mario Kart online two players only? Is this for friends or can play randoms?

(I'm assuming you was taking about SNES Mario Kart on Switch)

Edited on by ScottNintendo

SN

HobbitGamer

It’s friends, no randoms.
I saw y’all playin bUt was already sucked into new Kirby and Tetris. Got the Zelda theme, it’s pretty cool.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

klingki

@RedderRugfish The Puyo Puyo game is untranslated? I'm actually pretty ok with that. I wish they would have done that with the NES games too. For sure it makes it harder to play, but I at least like having the option.

klingki

klingki

@RedderRugfish Yeah, you’re right about that, it is for sure a weird day one inclusion. I guess they just wanted some puzzle game representation, but wanted to save some of the better known games for later. No Famicom Wars is also pretty strange. Seems like a glaring omission, especially for the Japanese market.

klingki

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX "Soda" was up to interpretation, so that very well could include Mountain Dew lol. Personally, I don't care for the stuff.

I fell in love with RCT when we were at a family friend's home. One of their kids was playing it; I thought it was cool that you could build and manage your own crazy rides!

@Sunsy I'd love to check which machine it was for sure, but I highly doubt the school still has it. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Americans always blonde? I think you are confusing them with Scandinavians...

@bimmy-lee You better make sure you have enough ammo. Ya never know when the zombie apocalypse is going to be upon us...

P.S.

Basement? Not even a professional panic room and/or underground shelter?

@HobbitGamer You SAW my sign? Yes please, one pineapple pizza. Hold the ham, though, and replace it with salami and/or pepperoni....

@Tyranexx Yeah, I can see how that can be entertaining. Personally, I've never been a fan of rollercoasters in real life either, so a game simulating them isn't really going to trigger me either. And Theme Park had more variety in attractions, which already made it more entertaining to me. But hey, I can see why people like it, and I've even watched some videos over the years in which people showed all their crazy rollercoaster creations, but building them myself? Eh...

There's one game on Xbox, though. Forgot what it was called, but I'll get back to you once I remembered. It's a crazy, futuristic and over the top rollercoaster/crash course simulator. You may also like it. I believe it's also on PC, so you won't miss out if you don't have an Xbox One.

EDIT:
The game I mentioned above, is ScreamRide. Here's a trailer:

EDIT 2:
Ah... I just looked it up, and the game is only available on either Xbox 360 or Xbox One. I hope I haven't accidentally interested you in a game that you may not even be able to play. If so, apologies in advance...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Nope, just going by Japanese misconceptions and stereotypes. Also there are only two types of American men, fat or so ripped that they look like one of @Anti-Matter's drawings. Also only two types American women: blonde with blue eyes and big boobs, or fat. But regardless of appearance, all Americans are violent and easily angered. And all Americans are armed. Even the kids.

This is the Japanese stereotype of Americans and it entertains me greatly. I at least get the fat part right, even though I don't own nor do I want to own a gun, and the most violent thing I have done in the last decade is to push a friend off of dock into the lake.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Screamride doesn't look an appropriate game for me.
It looks like people abusement due to miscalculation of making roller coaster paths.
I cannot accept to see peoples injured to the wall like that.
And also the frightening screams ?? Oh, no.....
Sorry, I cannot allow game like that even still rated Teen by ESRB.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

I had Coaster Works on Dreamcast, and that was awesome fun. Essentially the same as Screamworks.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah, okay. My bad. Forgot for a minute that you were over there.

@Anti-Matter I've no idea why you replied to me, because I wasn't even addressing you. And no surprise that this game doesn't interest you, but I honestly couldn't care less. If you're not interested, why not simply ignore it, please, instead of writing yet another useless comment about how you dislike games that blablabla...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, well...
I saw Screamride Youtube video and after i watched, i want to share my opinion even i haven't addressing to you.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Fair enough. And sorry, because I was a bit hard on you. Had a very rough day. But I would like to repeat the bit of advise, though: I always see you respond to articles and forum topics of things that you don't like, and besides it being kind of useless for both other people who DO like these things and for you yourself, because of the needless waste of energy and time, it also only creates negativity, and that is something no one should want, so to use your own words, why not simply pretend you're pressing 'B' and skipping the articles or topics entirely?

You don't see me reacting negatively to every DDR video that you post, even though I think those games are absolute crap and I have zero interest in them. But I do know that others like them, so I simply choose not to react to that, and it might be a good idea if you learned to do the same.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

Stereotypes are fun to think about and discuss. There's sometimes a grain of truth to some of them, but one size never fits all. I find many of the things that I mentioned in my previous post to be annoying and/or definitely in NOPE territory.

(Though I do rarely grab some fast food as a treat. Same with going to buffets. )

@Heavyarms55 I have the blond (well, dirty blond at this point, borderline light brown) hair and blue eyes thing going for me. I also used to be a little heavyset, but that's changed over the past year or so. As for weapons...I think the most dangerous things I have in my house are kitchen knives, frying pans, a box opener, scissors, and a softball bat.

I find it hilarious that all blonds supposedly are well-endowed....

@ThanosReXXX No prob! To be honest, I keep meaning to look into one called Planet Coaster that's on PC. A lot of people say it's amazing and is a nice spiritual successor to the RCT brand since the games in the series allegedly went downhill after the first two; I can't personally confirm those opinions as I haven't played any of the games past RCT 2.

I also love riding rollercoasters in real life; the only things I won't ride are rides that have a high spinning velocity. I don't get sick, but something about that motion causes a lot of pressure to build up in my head. I often end up with a headache not long after.

@Anti-Matter While some people intentionally do make what are called "death parks" in those kinds of games, ride accidents and malfunctions can and do happen in those simulation games even with the best intentions in mind - like accidents in real life. The games like this that I've played allow a testing phase so that you can see if your ride will work (or crash) before opening it. Even so, getting the dreaded "station brakes failure" report diagnosis for a ride breakdown was never a good thing. It could often mean one of your rollercoaster cars could crash into another and cause an accident.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx wrote:

As for weapons...I think the most dangerous things I have in my house are kitchen knives, frying pans, a box opener, scissors, and a softball bat.

Well, call me crazy, but I always make it a point to NEVER underestimate an angry woman with ample access to sharp and pointy kitchen accessories, so I'm not really feeling the innocence here...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic