Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,101 to 33,120 of 96,538

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia lol In Japan they basically never have tornadoes, so if it happened, it would probably be chaos.

But Earthquake warnings like that are a thing and it usually causes panic too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

Nintendo blew it out of the park with that Direct! I was LITERALLY jumping up and down in my seat! I am surprised the neighbors didn't complain about the noise! Pokemon, Overwatch, Animal Crossing, Star Wars, Luigi, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest, SNES games! Holy crap what an amazing Direct! Blew it out of the park! Slam Dunk! Nintendo Wins everything! I don't even care anymore! Switch BANZAI!

I have to quit my job to have enough time to play all these games but I need my job to pay for all these games! #firstworldintheextreme

Anti-Matter

I didn't feel overhyped with the Direct like last year when FF XII, FF X, Animal Crossing for Switch has been announced for Switch. 😑
I skipped the Direct oftenly by pressing B button from my Switch then press A button to play again. (I watched the Direct from my Switch)
Oh, well...
The games i like most probably will be announced outside the Direct.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@RedderRugfish never played any nes games online so I have no clue how it actually works. So can you play super Mario kart with a freind then? Like join a race or battle if i start one?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

The Direct, on the whole, was merely decent for me until the Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition reveal at the end. I'm surprised my few coworkers that were remaining didn't hear my mental screaming. (Watched it after hours at work; had to be somewhere shortly after it ended.) I'm sooo glad I don't have to worry about tracking down an overpriced physical copy for the Wii or 3DS now. I nearly caved for the digital Wii U eShop variant a couple of times, too.

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I have to quit my job to have enough time to play all these games but I need my job to pay for all these games! #firstworldintheextreme

This is a paradox that I constantly deal with.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

As for my Direct moment, I was screaming "YES!" like crazy when Tokyo Mirage Sessions was announced. I got the Wii U original last year for Christmas, along with Pokemon Let's Go and Crash Bandicoot on Switch. Got teary eyed from being so happy too.

Makes me happy to see this game get a second chance on Switch so others can play it. I'm even considering picking it up, even though I have it for Wii U.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

I'm hoping they throw in a Fire Emblem 3 Houses bonus of some sort into this Switch port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel I'd be all over that.

I'm kinda shocked that people don't seem as excited about the Direct as I am. I've been thinking about it practically all day at work today. Makes it hard to focus on work! There was so much I liked in it! I feel like the Switch has reached critical mass! With all the games already on it and so many more coming that look so good! Switch has really become my favorite console of all time!

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Different peoples different expectation.
I was disappointed by whole Direct this morning.
I thought The Sims 4 & DDR had a chance to be announced for Switch. 😐
Not many interesting upcoming games for me from the Direct. 😑
Shooter games & rated M games still disturbing me during Direct (i quit watching the Direct for a while when i saw those games and continue watching after i thought it already safe to watch again). 😒

Smash Bros segment was Blah... Not interesting at all for me. Little Town People was kinda not really convincing after i watched the trailer. Xenoblade was not interesting too. 🙄

Only Pokemon Sword / Shield & Animal Crossing New Horizons were captivating me during Direct. 😀

Anti-Matter

Toy_Link

@Anti-Matter
Just two months ago, the CEO of EA shot down Sims 4 on Switch by saying that they already did a good enough job attracting players without having to make a Switch port.

Why would just 2 months after that (from a company that has shown very little interest in the Switch) would suddenly change their mind?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I think Witcher 3 and Doom 64 were the only M rated games in the Direct. I understand everyone has different opinions though.

That said, I know I'm not at all alone in liking the games that got me so exited, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Star Wars, Overwatch, Luigi 3, Dragon Quest, Tetris update, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive edition(My favorite game of all time!) SNES games, Link's Awakening!

And those are just the ones I care most about. I know Smash fans must be excited to hear even more DLC characters are coming!

If someone else had typed this comment and I hadn't seen the Direct I'd already be blown away, but on top of what I already listed there are so many more games of a variety of genres!

I can understand your disappointment about the Sims and DDR. But honestly, EA owns Maxis and thus the Sims, they hate Nintendo and are a bunch of greedy, lazy scumbags. Even on the off chance they did get off their butts and make a port of the game for the Switch it would be missing features, run poorly and then they would blame us for the game selling poorly - just like they do with their sports games.

I honestly don't know why Konami hasn't released a DDR on Switch, seems a strange choice when we already have Just Dance from Ubisoft.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Zuljaras

I do not know what to think about the Direct.
On one side I am thrilled to have Divinity 2, DooM 64, Assassins Creed Rebel Collection but those are either confirmed eShop only or they are going to be Half on cart half eShop

Ar least that way I can save some money for NWN + Baldurs Gate + Plane Scape + Zelda + The Switcher 3 etc.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Mafuyu_Oribe

Personally I think DMC 2 was the best thing from the direct.

Anything else is meh and I don't get the hype for Sans mii constume.

Probably put something worth here. I'm not sure.

Eel

I don’t really care about Sans, but I’ll buy any mii costume that comes with music.

At least now I know what comes after the first three seconds of his song.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Well, you're not entirely alone: I'm also pretty satisfied with the Direct myself. Not jumping around in my seat anymore, maybe that's kind of a near-50 thing, but happy nonetheless. I thought it was a pretty solid Direct, with plenty of games, and far as I could see, a little something for everyone.

And personally, I'm a fan of Xenoblade Chronicles (bought the limited edition on the Wii, back in the day), so to see that lovingly re-imagined in HD was a nice surprise indeed.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

@Heavyarms55 I did, it was just Tokyo Mirage Sessions was the icing on the cake for me. I've been telling my friend how great this game is and he should buy it for his Wii U, and now, he can get the game for his Switch. It was a game I wish more people played too. I love the game, and more now can play it. I'm even going to get the Encore edition.

I was very surprised with Banjo being released, and I'm looking forward to playing some of those SNES Online games, especially Super Mario Kart with my friend.

My friend moved away a few years back, so online games on Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and PC is something we do together each week, while we just chat.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Konami has started their DDR A20 Grand Finale Event for DDR A20 arcade today.
There are 5 songs from DDR A that added with Challenge stepchart (even harder than Expert) during 5 Sep 2019 - 31 Dec 2019.
By simply playing any songs on DDR A20 arcade, it will accumulate some points that will unlock their Challenge stepchart.

Also, i read from Konami website, they will held a TGS 2019 event on 12 September 2019 to promote their Ultimate mobile version of DDR, Beatmania IIDX and Sound Voltex. The games will come with their peripheral to play in physical (Sound Voltex controller for smartphone / tablet, beatmania IIDX controller for smartphone / tablet, DDR plastic / Metal pad for smartphone / tablet with converter to TV or bigger screen)
Hopefully from TGS 2019 event, they will consider those three Rhythm games for consoles considering Momotaro Train games also on Nintendo Switch by Konami.

Btw, i will check my local DDR A20 at Game Arcade next week to see if i can participate in that event.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

LuigibrineTheGreat

With Overwatch being confirmed 4 the Switch, I am glad to say she's baaaaaaaaack! (pfp)

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic