Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,021 to 33,040 of 45,740

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish We don't have those over here, but we do have Burger King and KFC, both of which actually have better food than McDonald's, in my opinion, but I do often like the limited time specials at McDonald's, such as the seasonal menus or holiday menus, which usually come with special burgers that they don't offer otherwise.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

TB is always a solid bang for your buck. Call me crazy, and this may be a regional thing in the Midwest, I honestly have no clue. But, burger kings tacos are crazy good. Not like actually Mexican restaurant good. But better than a regular taco bell taco. People laugh at me every time I order them, but they just have this crunchy tortilla shell that's hard to describe.

Speaking of items failing prematurely. My water heater constantly goes out and it's only 3 years old. For some reason the pilot light ignitor never works as it should. Ended up calling rheem and finally complaining since it tends to go out ever 3 to 4 months. I end up taking out the pilot assembly and sanding down the thermocouple and cleaning up the remaining area in hopes of it working. It didn't work the other day, so I called. I actually broke a tin wire too, that needs to be replaced from constantly having to take out the pilot assembly. Parts are supposed to arrive by today. And they better. I've had to take a cold shower everyday since Friday.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Yeah! And that's the other thing with repairable goods. The second hand market! When people get tired of the style or appearance or want new features, the old ones can be sold and just begin their second life. Can't think of many people that would even consider a used Samsung appliance after 2 years, let alone 10.... We've been remolded for corporate growth targets. And then we can pay a tax for saving the planet. Which will fund the very people who broke it.

@RedderRugfish Sadly we have no Taco Bells here, and the one or two that did pop up promptly closed. We instead have a Panera on Every. Single. Corner.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

Speaking about McDonald burger....
There is a Special Limited time Indonesian flavor burger and side dish during August.
Untitled
Only available in Indonesia. 😉

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DenDen

@Anti-Matter i dont eat meat, but for the ones they like it, its good

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

NintendoByNature

@DenDen off topic, I know your a mana guy. Just started final fantasy adventure yesterday and im a couple hours in. Really enjoying it thus far. Reminds me an awful lot of a topdown 2d zelda, which is a good thing( my favorite series). Its just like links awakening. Heck there's even breakable walls in dungeons!

NintendoByNature

Eel

I love Taro ice cream. It's kinda hard to find here.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia great post about the washing machines and i completely agree. Nowadays they make them so you can’t repair them. They are all welded on from all corners of the panel except the back. So to open the washing machine, you have to break the metal weldings first. They are made to replace not repair

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

HobbitGamer

@1UP_MARIO Then when you do break open the panels, there’s an expensive circuit board that costs nearly the price of a used washer. Ridiculous.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

@HobbitGamer lol true. I did fix mine but let’s just say the wife wasn’t happy. It worked but the corner panels were full of brackets and screws

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

HobbitGamer

@1UP_MARIO hey, function over form 😂 still better than dropping a grand outright.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, I’ve since learned a little more about it. It’s going to be an entire entertainment complex. It’s a Japanese company called Round1, I guess they already have over 30 of these around the country. They’re moving in to a 120,000 SF retail space (It’s 2.75 levels, an old Carson’s department store), and they’ll have bowling, billiards, games of skill, a kid’s area, restaurant and bar, and a large dedicated space for arcade and pinball. Sounds kind of like a Dave & Busters, but I’m excited about the arcade. It’s close to home as well. Should be ready in 2021.

I’m going to be about 65-70% of the way to Chicago this weekend. I’m meeting college friends in Michigan City to hang out on the beach and tell embellished stories about poor choices we made when we were young.

Edit - Oof, sorry to hear about the water heater. Cold showers are the worst. Mine blew on my birthday last year and a piece of rusty metal plugged the drain valve. I couldn’t get my plumber until Monday, so I spent the entire weekend using the shop vacuum to suck up gallons of water as it seeped out in my crawlspace.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee man, that sounds pretty sweet. I just want to find an old style arcade with all the old stuff packed in. We have Dave and busters out here but meh.

I've been to Michigan city before, it's really fun. A buddy of mine had a Sumer home there and we used to, of course, do stupid things. All fun though nonetheless. I hope you have a good time.

Yea the water heater..... blasted thing. Can't believe I'm having all these troubles after only 3 years.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Happy Tuesday! Hopefully it's not as wet and stormy for everyone else as it's been here.

There's a Taco Bell here, but that's emergencies only. I'd rather eat at almost any other fast food joint nearby. This particular location is pretty meh.

The McDonald's closest to me isn't much better, but the one closer to the interstate is decent. Fast food is more of a once in a while thing with me these days.

@ThanosReXXX It wasn't quite a redneck wedding. I've been to an intentional one before lol. There was no dress code per se, but unless instructed otherwise I typically show up in nicer clothes that I'm comfortable in.

I had a heck of the time finding the church though. It was near the area I grew up in, but I had never had a need to go to that particular neck of the woods before. Google Maps on my phone had the correct road in the end, it just kept getting confused on the exact address since the numbering out there is weird. XD

Currently playing: The Wonderful 101: Remastered (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx After having posted that, I thought afterwards that it might have come across as a bit harsh, regardless of the smiley indicating it being a joke, so my bad if it did, but I did wonder about how much more you can dress down from business casual before you go full-on hobo...

I get that sentiment of not being able to find something that's supposed to be really close to where you live. Especially what with all the small alleyways and streets around here.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Ah. The blackout saga continues.

Now with the extra benefit of loss of cellular data so now it's no power, no home wifi, and no personal hotspots either.

Ain't it cute.

On the brighter side, I found a mini USB fan I can use with an external battery, so at least my face can be fresh while the rest of me suffers in the dark.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DenDen

@NintendoByNature
Its an amazing game, its one of the better gb games ever made.
The story is pretty deep for at that time

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Water heaters seem to be the least reliable major mechanical in any given home. Maybe it’s by virtue of their odd job of storing and continuously heating water in a big tank. Three years is absurd though, and sadly indicative of the throw away nature of what’s on offer, even on large expense items. Hopefully you can get it fixed up, and it has a long life. I looked in to tankless even before mine went out last fall, but it wasn’t right for the space.

@RedderRugfish - Man, that’s music to my ears. I was getting kind of disheartened as I learned more about it (thinking it was just a D&Bs), but the article was specific to mention a total of 200-250 cabinets. I’d be thrilled with anything you mentioned, and maybe some retro in there too. This will be less than five minutes by car from my house. I have great memories of two different KI cabinets. It was like a party playing that back in the day. It’s the perfect fighter for people of any skill level.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@RedderRugfish
There is a DDR A20 at my local arcade center.
Actually it was an update from DDR A to DDR A20.
So excited to play the newest DDR Arcade.
Untitled
Untitled

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic